Fune wo Amu

So is the 'The Great Passage' also a metaphor for Majime's upcoming life and relationships as well as the dictionary he's making?

Other urls found in this thread:

commiesubs.com/fune-wo-amu-01/
commiesubs.com/fune-wo-amu-03/
youtube.com/watch?v=yyVl-Yz3t9E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a metaphor for your asshole.

It's a pretty good metaphor then.

I bet she loves anal.

What does this face convey?

>Commie
>Deadfish
>scales

Commie's pretty good for this show.

No meme subs.

And some nice explanations.

commiesubs.com/fune-wo-amu-01/
commiesubs.com/fune-wo-amu-03/

When was the last time you accessed a physical dictionary?

Do you still own one?

>you will never be gifted a 10/10 qt voiced by Maaya Sakamoto

Just kill me now

I use a German-English one in my living room that I occasionally use.

I have 6 dictionaries standing on my desk. But I don't use them because searching the internet is so much easier.

Did you look up the dirty words, Hans?

Why do you have six on your desk?

I know that feeling.

Where else would I put them?

A bookshelf?

My main library is for fiction only.
My non-fiction side-shelf can't take any more books. So I just collected the books that look to the casual observer like they might find some use from time to time and put them onto my desk.
There's Kant, the afore-mentioned dictionaries, a bible, the constitution and a collection of formulas. The last one being the only one that sees any actual use, but I look really intellectual with the whole bunch right there ready for a quick consultation.

Their faces when they find out you're a virgin.

Only bilingual ones. I love them

If they think being a virgin will be a problem for him why won't Sasaki-san step up and do the needful?

Ye olde OED that sits at my parents place, you could kill a man with it. Never needed to have one on hand since I'm an engineer and my plebeian needs are fulfilled by Google these days.

>girl suddenly appears
>talks about love
Dropped.
It was interesting until they hamfisted in some romance. Who fucking cares?

I love how everyone in the office is trying to wing Majime with Kaguya.

Top workmates.

What kind of communist shithole did you pop out of from?

It's called love at first sight. And seeing as how the anime is about Majime's journey though life and how words can play a part in that, she's pretty fucking important.

>love at first sight

Doesn't exist

In the trash

I like how much of a bro he is.

Thought he would be an arsehole. Is the red head he was with earlier is missus?

You must have a sad life.

But that's already full with you're waifu, your favorite anime and your opinion.

We have the same waifu

We do.

>My main library is for fiction only
>fiction only

What's the problem, exactly?

Read real books you manchild. Stop reading bedtime stories

>picture of Chicken Little and Dead Head Fred from that episode of Scrubs with George of the Jungle.jpg

It's a shame her roles are so rare these days. She's basically the only reason I'm watching this. She and that character animation

Nah.

You didn't really answer the question.
Why are you so mad when you find out that some people like to read fiction?

That long pause of silence was hilariously awkward.

Does the cast have a publicly listed age?

why do you even ask a retard, why he is mad about some stupid shit?
Are you retarded too?

Call it lust then.

Just a little autistic.

This show has too man great things going for it. The seiyuu, their performances, the way the characters movements are subtly yet fluidly animated.

One of those beautiful shows that comes once in a blue moon. Nips need to adapt more great novels like this one.

The character animation is especially good.
I honestly thought it was just usual episode 1 animation flaunting but then they kept it up for 2 more episodes and I don't see why it'd stop now.

I used to carry one around in college because one of my professors required it and refused to let us use our phones.

The animation might be more reserved if there are any outsourced episodes but it's already great that we've been having multiple episodes with good character animation. I figured the show would have a few well-made episodes given Hiroyuki Aoyama's role as animation supervisor, but for it to have this level of consistency is unexpected.

QUALITY

Yup, the realistic animation is really well done. And realistic character designs are a nice change too, this anime definitely one of the unexpected surprises of this season (along with Girlish Number).

More novel adaptations like this one would be great, but unfortunately I don't think those would be profitable enough to really become achieve that status.

Is he going to fuck the granddaughter?

I must be the only one underwhelmed by this show judging from this thread.

Yeah there's some nice animation and the voice acting is good (I love Kamiya), they're obviously putting effort into it, the writing isn't exactly bad...but the subject matter is just dull. I hope it gets a little more interesting.

>Deadfish
>scales
I don't know what else you expected from a fish

You mean sakuga

He'd better. Someone watch the movie and spoil me.

I really do want to watch the movie and read the novel but I'm really enjoying the slow burn with this series so I'm going to hold on for now.

She looks pretty ugly in the movie.

I watched the movie.
It's not implied but they probably did. Movie Hajime isn't a word autist like his anime counterpart, just really shy. Not the kind of person to be in a relationship with a girl for 15 fucking years and not make a single move.

I just watched the trailer, she's pretty average. The trailer was also enough to spoil me.

Is he "our" guy?

>She looks pretty ugly in the movie.
>she's pretty average
Of course, 2D is perfection and voiced by Sakamoto

Go away, Sup Forums.

Majime is prime husbando material.

Anime don't have real autists.
I don't know the movie so I can't judge what exactly you mean, but it's pretty obvious that Hajime is not supposed to be autistic (and Japan in general probably doesn't believe autism is real anyways).

>i'm taking his virginity

>Realistic designs
>Blue-eyed japanese character
This shit always irks me. At least Marnie put a spin on it.

I can understand that. Personally I like having the variety, but it's not for everyone.

Seems pretty great even though I didn't watch even a single ep

Literally only watching this for the beautiful woman.

>Japan makes me watch an anime about dictionaries
How they do that?

>not watching it for the dictionaries
Fucking normalfags, I swear.

>It's called love at first sight.

No - it's the tired old trope of shoe-horning in a romance in typical cliched anime style into a show where it isn't necessary.

By animating it instead of 3d shows.

Would you?

Wingman of the season?

You're one cheeky bugger.

I bet she is kinky.

I liked how Majime recognises the fact he likes Kaguya and isn't afraid to receive help.

So refreshing.

Elaborate.

Jap Wikipedia says Majime and Nishioka are both 27, but doesn't list the other characters.

It's called being an adult

Cheers. I'm guess Kaguya is in her early twenties then.

>brown haired Japanese male or,
>guy with dyed hair in his 30s
>realistic design
Y-yeah...

Sasuga, as expected of an adult.

As expected of, as expected of an adult.

I remember being very mildly upset when I learnt Encyclopaedia Britannica was stopping physical publications.

Episode 4 preview youtube.com/watch?v=yyVl-Yz3t9E

Local man not so responsive after being asked about potential date locations.

10/10 best girls of the season.

Absolutely lovely.

Looking forward to Majime attempting to court her.

And her voice. I've had enough of autistic character and the Japanese work mentality, neither are interesting to me. Unless the MC undergoes a lot of character development I don't see how this anime will be interesting to watch, that's about the only plotline I can think of that wouldn't be dull; romance aside. I really don't want him to just stay as he is and each week we get a new MUH DICTIONARY exposition and that's the show.

I think it was too fast. Sure he could be physically attracted to her, but people were attaching the name of love to it when he had not said more that 2 words to her and only knew what her name and job was. If that can be called love at first sight then it must be a very weak and arbitrary love.

Could be just the subs.

They could have been saying crush for all we know. And Majime's workmates probably push the case regardless as good lads.

Maybe. I think "interested in" would be about the only appropriate description right now.

Does anyone even give a fuck about romancing hags?

Yeah, it'll be nice to see Majime grow as a person as he's making the dictionary.

She's cute, I'd root her.

>he had not said more that 2 words to her and only knew what her name and job was
They don't know that.
That's the problem with friends trying to help you in such matters. More often than not they create facts that you weren't even sure about.
Though in this case it's perfectly fine because the girl is too. And everybody loves Hajime so they probably pay close attention to subtle signs if he is okay with where they are maneuvering him.

That doesn't mean the work behind it will stop. It's just that they realized the physical copy can't realistically keep up with the digital one which is both easier to use and more up to date. A typical dictionary is outdated before it even gets to the bookstore.

He seems to believe what they're telling him though. I don't understand how he's thinking that is true.

Lack of experience.

He's a 27 year old virgin. He's not a very socially suave man.