Why arn't...you running for local office?

Why arn't...you running for local office?

I'm far too much of a spaz to have that sort of responsibility.
A knowledge of politics doesn't make a politician.

Because he's under no legal obligation to do so you fucking libshit.

Why not run for city council?
You dont even need to speak. just pay the $20 or so to get on the ballet

???

But I will be.

What are you running for?

as a communist party.member?

BARTH almost did.

I am planning to.
I am going to register at the start of next year.
Then spend that year working on a campaign plan.
Then next year begin to campaign.

Can't. Convicted Felon.

My city is way too ducked for to be interested.

Thinking about running for mayor of san francisco on a fake libshit platform. You’ll know its me because i’ll sound like a total marxist. Once in office i flip to special interests and start deporting the chinks and beaners

Ive thought about getting involved in politics but seeing as how it usually (read 95% of cases) turns into autistic screeching about nonsense and racist allegations being flung left and right i have doubts

Mainly for the housing shortage but also against mass migration so i would be very, very unpopular in my country

lol. Socially include much?

>*included

This goy

what's in it for me?

Because mathematics and politics mesh about as well as non standardized gears

I'm only 20 so I can't run for Sheriff in my county yet, 25 is the minimum age. I already have everything set up for when I do run though. And if I manage to win and do a good job then I plan to run for president 10 years later.

>Deep blue state
>town population consists of old people, section 8 citizens, and families with kids who didn't move out
>same mayor for years
>constant budget turmoil but taxes are already through the roof so no one cares
>being outcasted for having Republican views

>Not realising I am Lord Buckethead

Good for you. Im running for mayor of my town this year.

Be the change you want to see.

A paycheck and you can mold society to what you think is best. Im planning on starting a community garden wtih scraps from the local grocery store for compost and having STEM and AG students to work for a community business buying the land with my own paycheck and having the profits go to the school.
I also plan on taking all the match and Econ/Gov classes work on local projects to add a real world aspect to the classes and promoting students to go to trades instead of just college.

>EU flag.
>bitches about big gov.

Outstanding. Start small and work up.

Most town charters allow anyone who live in town proper for a year to run for local office. Consider moving?

Recommendation: don't mix econ and gov classes. Economics is an insight into the world, but public policy classes are theology. We need less religious thinking in the world, not more.

>blocks your path

Decided I most likely will never run for office because I'm not a narcissist who gets off on telling people how to live their lives

>Be the change you want to see.
It wont matter much
Sweden is a deeply feminist country, even hinting that there is a difference between swedes and migrants from the deepest african djungle means you are a horrible racist and being a racist is worse than being a child rapist muderer cannibal

Not saying i wont do it but its very, very hard to even suggest change in such a brain washed country

Standard of living an Econ are intrinsically intertwined. Im running in a town of less than 1500 people so getting the students to stay in town and build a business here is the main reason for me to run. I want them to understand how perpetual growth is unsustainable and the impact that bringing a mass influx of foreigners, even from other towns and states can impact the community and its values to give them a better view of the world at large.

A bunch of texts I sent back and forth between a South African friend of mine where he was venting to me about how much he hates blacks got formally discovered as part of a court case. It wasn't used as evidence against me but the fact that it was drudged up probably means that any opposition campaign could probably get it easily enough.

If I tried to run for parliament I'd have to be part of one of the awful political parties, I'm too isolated to try for the parish council.

Stop thinking of reasons not to. You are stopping yourself before you even try.

Perpetual growth is a eudamonic necessity, you loon. Life is growth. To live, is to advance. You primitives need to go out to the woods already and stop spreading suicide memes.

>Constantly paving over new land makes for a better standard of living.
Being more efficient is much more profitable.

I refuse to run for a party I don't believe in, I also refuse to waste my money by running as an independent.

>Its not like I will roll quads or something so why bother

Im not sure about UK but in local elections for the US you dont need to put down party affiliations.

I'm right with you comrade.

My shitty teeth make me incredibly insecure when I try and talk to people, i can I my imagine how hard I would lock up in front of a group
Plus the ambulance company is actually making some money, maybe in a few years I can afford to run but right now it's just not feasible user
I did try and run for class president back in high school though

So whats your platform?

If you are in a small town you only need to show up once a month to city council meetings and everything else can be done from a cellphone. I still have a full time 3rd shift job and Im still running.

I would do independent but I have a top5 conservative in my constituency so its impossible.

Probably has to do with a combination of social phobia, a lack of basic understanding of the law/policymaking, too fixated on identified politics ironically enough, and often take the edgiest positions because Sup Forums.

What'd you do

You don't here, you can be an independent. But most independents are people who leave existing parties, I'd have to build a voter base from scratch.

Fucked waaay too many sketchy girls and dropped one too many n bombs out in public.

Plus some faggot cop wrote 6 pages of shit that didn't happen trying to get me for public intoxication

:(

I mostly commie larp to annoy but can confirm, am radical centrist. My platform would probably be "evidence-based" policymaking and promote pilot programs to identify best-practices that can most efficiently allocate resources without faltering into ideology.

>platform
I mean I haven't put too much thought into it, but mostly education and healthcare reform
Alabama consistently ranks in the bottom 10 in education and I personally believe that I charge way too much for my services as a paramedic/ambulance, American healthcare is a racket, I have 16 people on my staff and 3 of those are accountants because the way insurance interacts with both my company and the clients totally fucks the money flow

>commie
>spaz
hmmmmm......

Do what I did. stand in town square with a sign and shake hands and babies. You can get a hell of a lot farther with people knowing your face then just your name. Its how I ran my campaign. I went to the square with a sign and asked people what they wanted. My budget was literally $30 and I won.

Try anyway. Its local office. Its not congress. If you make mayor you can expunge all of that. (NOTE: not saying you should, but you can...)

thats still pretty vague. You will have to tailor it to your community. I would suggest looking at vacant business building and finding a way to fill them or creating community projects that generate a savings or profit that can go back to the city. I have the luxury of doing both. I already stated my plan for education above and plan to give a tax brake to any IT industry that will accept paid interns in the vacant ATT building form the 90s that has been vacant for about 10 years.
If you have solutions that are apparent, most people will simply go with that because you are not vaguely bitching about it and have a plan.

>no one thought about the possibility, to infiltrate the opposing partyand just slowly redpilling your fellow party members.
politics is for the single person not about influencing a the minds of our whole society. it begins at the base, which istherefore the surrounding of every human being.

we could change the politic views of a whole state if every one on this board would just start to redpill 3 persons in his close circle. as an example, i turned the leftwing - gay - social justice warrior into a jew hating islamophob who wants to gas every feminist

The only real antisemites are Islamic. You'll have to bust out a better argument than Sup Forums has ever managed to convince me otherwise. Nazi larpers are tiki transparent.

My constituency consists of two towns and several villages, it'd be unreasonable to pursue such a strategy.

Thats a tough platform to run on. Its much more at the state level than city. But if your goal is to change these, the go for it! I was just looking at running the town Im in with some NatSoc principles so that when the growth happens in the next few years from the major metro they will stand strong and resist the unrelenting growth that happens and lose a beautiful identity that the city has built.

>Not redpilling a while school of 600+ children ripe for education.
taking the small fry. I want to show my city what it can do on its own and show them if they stick together that there is no outside force they need.

To each their own, but I feel you are selling yourself short. Im a literally Nazi and I got elected.

I think I'm being practical, the two towns vote opposite ways and trying to appeal to both voter bases would be hard. Plus I'd have to put in twice the effort be seen in two places.

You just have to put in some research. Only about 5% of a populace will vote in a local election and 90% of the town have never met their mayor. The more preparation you put in the better an you can run on a smaller platform that both townships will admire. Know your base.
There is probably one pub you can go to in each place and win the election hands town if you show up weekly and talk to people there, granted they will be boomers but they will be the voting base you want and they will spread the word if you listen.

>redpilling a school
well you can try it, but at least the schools in my area are completly SJW ridden.

the local "highschool" (Gymnasium) had a school intern pool about who they would vote for. 2/1100 voted for afd and fucking 50% for the green party
10% voted for the MLPD (Marxist party) and 30% for die linke

my old (((politics))) teacher even told me, that you shouldn't be wondered about bad marks, if you voted for afd

I'm well aware of easy it could be to win, but I lack the expertise and knowledge to actually deliver on anything I promise

I admire most all the civil servants I am in contact with, there's the occassional dipshit but that goes anywhere.
My advice as an oldfag for anyone newly elected to any public or public non-profit (501c3) board of Directors is to
learn the Open Records / Open Meeting Act
learn Roberts Rule of Order
learn Sun Zsu

be prepared to make the right vote, not the popular one

is there any law against doing a bait and switch? I feel like more people would do it if it there wasnt

nope
it's done every election

I don't want to do anything. I just want to live and pursue hobbies without actually contributing anything to society, except maybe art if I get good. And by "art" I actually just mean digital lewd anime girls

Something tells me my gas the kikes race war now platform would not do well at the polls

Kids want to hear a dissenting opinion. It coming from a place of authority will make a huge impact. You dont have to go full 14/88 but you can lead them on that path with small things.

Why not try? You never know if you can until you attempt.

I would add Rules for Radicals and Book of the Five Rings to this list.And if you really want to get esoteric try Teslas The Problem With Increasing Human Energy.

None at all. But if you do, you will only get 1 term. The local election base is small and stanch.

>shadman

If you mask it helping white people you would be surprised.

I'd have to engage in a lot of shitflinging, and I'm too proud of a man to have to.

You are looking at it the wrong way.
I cant even name the competition I had because I didnt care about them at all. Promote YOU! Dont compare yourself, sell yourself. Thats the trick. For the last century politics has been comparing yourself against the incumbent. Dont do it. Ask what the population wants and get your face out there. Literally stand on a roundabout and get your face known. You dont need but one sign and you dont even need a platform. If you ask people what they want you will win.

Everyone goes to office with their ideas that they want to bring and no one ask the people what they want and what their problems are. Do this and you will win. If you even move towards what they want along with your ideals you will win a second term.

As soon as I am established and in a stable position to do so, I will. It's easy to talk shop, but a bare background would seem suspect, especially in my area.

But I quite like the chap who ran for the Tories, he's a pretty stand up guy.

I will not be controlled.

I've stepped outside the game.

However, I'm always open to new dialogue.

Then add that to your dialog.

wut?

How? That might just paint me as another toff, or at least my opponents would use it to do so.

Im not going to lie, I dont understand yank politics but Im just going to say that if you want to do it, do it.

Sun Tzu, you rock brained cousin kisser.

I am going to run for office. i'm going to win, too. When i have the power, this towns going to be whiter and more pure than snow.

checked and HOOYA!

I'm running because I'm sick of people like that running everything.

>implying I'm not already an elected official

Should we start a Sup Forums thread for elected officials only?
It would probably be useless but interesting.

Too white for California brother.

Jefferson Forever.

I've always wondered how many others were here.

Not many. Sup Forums is a lot like youtube. lots of bitching, not real answers. This needs to change.
Albeit Im new to the echelon of elected official Im now in the club starting in January.
I never really thought I would be here, but life is strange.

What office are you taking?

Honestly, I'd rather not say. It's small, but at least it's a foot in the door, you know?

zis you Jazzhands? Good job, keep it up.

I feel you. I ran for mayor of small town, of which I know there are a lot of Sup Forumsacks here, but I would never mention it here until I can make some massive change.

>tfw you will never be McFeels.....

I don't have the charisma or guile for politics, and no desire to put myself up as a public figure

Dont sell yourself short, user.

>tfw running as a 'Trumpist Republican' but actually a NatSoc
Who /devilish/ here?

Manlets
Manlets never learn

yee

lel

I voted for you m’Lord

Just run for an uncontested position. All you have to do is file like an hour before the deadline so no one runs against you.

also
>tfw you use the "The most important thing you have in this world is your own people" speech and no one catches it.