How much value do you put into visual direction?

How much value do you put into visual direction?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/a/search/text/How much value do you put into visual direction/type/op/
youtu.be/CPWnw-346aI
sakugabooru.com/post/show/8497/animated-artist_unknown-background_animation-effec
sakugabooru.com/post/show/8494/animated-artist_unknown-background_animation-effec
sakugabooru.com/post/show/8487/animated-artist_unknown-background_animation-beams
sakugabooru.com/post/show/8486/animated-artist_unknown-background_animation-beams
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They should have putted more value in their 3d CGI desu.

What a shitty ground texture, this looks like a game from 90's

Why does it look so bad? Wasn't this supposed to be an ova?

this is the worst shot i've seen in years

>camera pans almost 180° yet the characters remain the exact same

holy shit that's awful

that looks really bad

How much value do you put into original thread ideas?

Kyoani btfo

This is fucking shit
This looks good.

My poor eyes.

They're using 2d sprites in a scene that features 3dimensional movement of the camera. I hope it's intentional.

None, I only take the Shaft®.

more, if this would stop being a daily thread

Absolute shit

>Cumiko moving up and down
Bravo Kyoanus

this

boards.fireden.net/a/search/text/How much value do you put into visual direction/type/op/

kyoani can't even compare

>putted
NICE

can be made in MMD
is superior awareness of how to create a 3D environment in 2D

Was it rape?

kyoani can't even into romance

kyoani romances don't involve cheating at every chance so they're already better

>cheating
>bad

LOL

Not much. Honestly whenever this stuff is brought up it always flies above my head and it makes me understand how ignorant I am, so I stopped caring.

kyoani can't even into imotou x onii-chan

imoutos*

Did Kumiko become meguca? What are her other powers?

Harem building

extended thumbs kumiko

the girl in the back right has a broken arm

Good lord, that's fucking beautiful.

if they're using a still model, why didnt they make the character model look better instead of QUALITY? Thats only thing that bothers me about this shot honestly

A lot

(you)

a lot
why watch something if it isn't pleasing visually?

i don't remember this scene

How much value do you put into sexual direction?

Maybe it's got a really good plot.

Is this the new monogatari season?

kyoani can't into fanservice

I rewatched Shihaisha no Tasogare yesterday and the art in it was way better than I remembered.

>camera panning for the sake of it
just because you have CGI doesn't mean you have to do it

maybe they should put in the effort to make something pretty to go along with their plot

Spiral stairs are so common in anime.

Hand painted cels/backgrounds with film grain is a more pleasing aesthetic than digital coloration and excessive filtering.

Haha, no, I was being sarcastic. Strong visual direction for a medium where visuals are important, please.

i unironically think that mekakucity was more visually interesting than msss

Stop making this thread, please.

oh good

Looks like shit, reminds me of Doom's front facing sprites

Eh, decent composition but nothing major

Glary filter is ugly as sin

B8

Eh, frenetic cuts are done far better elsewhere and the frame stutter is really obvious

Slightly better examples of monogatari's strengths.

Regardless of content this is actually well done, you really get a sense of the surface area of her body, the slight chromatic aberration goes well with the background and irrelevant gleam of the soap bubbles. On top of that what body movement is there seems weighty and real, i'd say it's biggest flaw is the lack of attention to hand musculature and flesh physics (aside from the breasts)

This is an example of the same idea as above but done far worse. It's an inherently erotic idea but they botch it with a few of the shots, only the seiyuu saves it. The shots of her hands and feet are 10/10 though, that's what was missing from the shot above.

That grease filter

Seems like a generic in between frame? Not much to say, I enjoy the business of the shades in the background

Disgusting, this is why we don't CGI, kids.

Poorly animated, but a pretty cool visual, especially the initial kiss shot.

Good idea, horrendous execution

Not very dynamic or interesting but it shows a knowledge and appreciation for the female form, the way her belly slightly expands when she hunches over or the dimple her suit leaves on her ass shows real respect.

Wow it's fucking nothing

Agree, but Lodoss war suffers from the same drawbacks as the original Berserk anime

Digital at its best is better.

>Eh, decent composition but nothing major
That's not the point of that webm, look at how Kumiko floats.

Iridescent* not irrelevent

Ah, ok yeah that isn't good. Also is pretty much inexcusable with digital animation.

I'd disagree, much of the craft of intricate effects work is now filters or CG and it doesn't look good.

It looks too clean.

Definitely

Too bad it's rare

Please give an example of what digital at it's best looks like and i'll tell you why you're wrong.

You can mean many things by this so I figure it's quicker to just tackle your own specific taste

What's the prettiest anime of the year?

Kimi no na wa is the obvious answer but i also really liked the artstyle of Galko chan.

Flip Flaps and Hibikek easily.

Oh yeah, what's your opinion on flip flaps? Without a doubt it's the wallpaper generator of the season, but how do you feel about the actual shots and composition?

Haven't seen it been working on a big backlog.

The last time I watched a series as it was released I wanted to Kill la Kill myself

youtu.be/CPWnw-346aI
here, have this to analyze
sorry for the spanish subs

lewd

That's visually terrible. The camera is rotating but they make no effort at all to change the perspective at which you see the characters.

It's the other way around. Cel at its best is unmatchable (Akira, Ghost in the Shell) but the average series looked like garbage. Digital is better on average but can't reach the same peaks as cel.

Too bad Lodoss looked bland

>The 3D environment is rotated
>The 2D drawing is still, only getting closer
The fuck is this? Who make this shit?

>SHAFT

Is it just me, or can anime companies just not do the rotating shot? It ALWAYS looks bad, I've only seen like 1 or 2 shows that did it decently.
Case in point, even MP100, the best animated show of that season, couldn't do it. The characters seem to jump around, like they're on different perspectives of each other
(if anyone has a longer version of this gif please share it)

The inconsistencies, in case you can't see them, are that Reigen kind of just disappears as the shot keeps going, and the couple sitting down seem to jump a few feet to the right in the course of a fram

Watch Occult;Nine or Haikyuu. They done a lot of good rotating shots.

Not even Disney did these types of shots with animated backgrounds. I only remembers few instances in Beauty and the Beast and Tarzan, but they used 3D for the backgrounds.

sakugabooru.com/post/show/8497/animated-artist_unknown-background_animation-effec
sakugabooru.com/post/show/8494/animated-artist_unknown-background_animation-effec
sakugabooru.com/post/show/8487/animated-artist_unknown-background_animation-beams
sakugabooru.com/post/show/8486/animated-artist_unknown-background_animation-beams

Oh yeah, forgot Nichijou was a thing.
These are actually really cleverly done, with one character being the center of the rotation, this gives them a good frame of reference for how the characters and bg need to move, as opposed to how most other shows do it, where the camera is just freefloating
Still, I don't get why it's that hard to do? I could assume they could make a simulation of how it looks, and use that as a template or something. Guess it would take too much mons to do

Occultic 9 has none of these as far as I remember

I don't give a fuck because of threads like these and how many degenerates actually take this shit seriously. You're all autistic.

>I could assume they could make a simulation of how it looks, and use that as a template or something.
That's called rotoscoping.

You seem unstable.

Why are you here?

Okay, Mr. Cool Guy. Why don't you just fuck off?

Shaft has lazy animation though.