Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gAnyT2G0-og
kizumonogatari-usa.com/blu_ray.html
a.tumblr.com/tumblr_ofhenf3P2a1qbo867o1.mp3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are you sure?
I thought she was French.

100% certain she is Italian

She knew how to cook a french dish, but the French aren't known for being naturally blonde. From her looks alone, I'd say she's nordic, but that doesn't match the lore. The most likely possibility is that she's German.

She's nobility. 500 years ago the royal families of Europe were all crossbreeding.
Looks are not an argument.

Minor nobility. She was called a princess, but that wasn't her actual rank.

Wasn't she from Belarus?

Loli bats are pretty common in germany and protected by environmental law.

Not to rain on anyone's parade but she's obviously from Bat Country.

We call them Fledermäusschen.

Not protected enough apparently. She's a national treasure that went elsewhere.

We still have natural blondes mate, not as much as germans and scandinavians, but we have them. Also a lot of anime will show all caucasians as blondes.

That said I don't remember seeing anything about the country she originated from. Maybe it was talked about in Koyomigatari or the LNs, but she probably doesn't remember herself.

She's older than Germany.

What about Swiss?

She has a pretty good memory for things she cares about and there are some things she won't ever let herself forget, even if she wants to. I'm certain her home country is one of them.

The LNs talk about her home country and how she became a vampire, and all of those stories are translated.

She's just over 500 years old.

And Germany was founded in the 19th century.

The 2nd Reich was.

Before then, there was no unity. Even when they had an emperor, nobody really listened to the dude.
Historically, the emperors had more enemies inside the "union" than outside.
If you consider that a country, sure.

Does shinobu hate niggers?

She's 598 and 11 months as of Kabuki.

Yes I do, because it still was. What you mean is nation state. There are a few dates considered the begining of german history between 843 (split of the karolingian empire into west and east -the later germany) and 955 (victory over the hungians under Otto the Great with participation of every german tribe's leader against a common enemy).

There was a unified Reich for centuries. What you describe, the "Kleinstaaterei"/fragmentation and errosion of central power came much later.

>*hungarians

I always condidered them like half German, half Italian. The South is "italian" and the North is "german".

Am I wrong desu ?

What?

Reminder that this translation is correct and Shinobu legitimately forgot to kaka.

I want to kiss shinobu

50 days guys!

We do have a splited up ancestry depending on the regions. We are mainly of germanic descent (Franks) but the south is obviously meditarrean (similar to Spain and Italy) while the north and east are more germanic, and Brittany in the west is the region with the most celtic ancestry.

So what is her first language then?

>1500 Europe
>nobility
She's probably fluent in French and Latin.

Next book when? I want to see Deathtopia and Araragi Hitagi.

>From her looks alone
>anime

So? The term german existed since at least 100AD because of Germania

>1500 Europe
>nobility
>She's probably fluent in French and Latin.

That makes me think. Sorry for going slightly off-topic here, but this other 500 year old european bat was confirmed to speak english somewhat recently. Since english wasn't a very popular language outside of the british islands 500 years ago this means she's most likely british, right?

>Scarlet
I don't know user, what do you think ?

Yes and before that Germany was a wasteland with no people, let alone nobility.

You're right, but Remilia and Flandre aren't english names so it's not like the family name made it perfectly clear.

They are from Romanian by today's standards. Remi says she is related to Vlad.

As for Shinobu, not sure. Probably somewhere in the middle of Europe.

Old hag.

Interesting question.
For an avid reader there would be ample reason to learn the language of whatever books they are interested in. But the first English novel was apparently published in 1553, so that would be 50 years after her birth. (I'm assuming it was confirmed that she spoke English in 1500, because otherwise your question would be stupid).
Scientific texts would certainly not be in English.

>They are from Romanian by today's standards. Remi says she is related to Vlad.

That was confirmed as a lie though, she just wants others to think that she's from Dracula's bloodline.

Would fug

>(I'm assuming it was confirmed that she spoke English in 1500, because otherwise your question would be stupid).

It's only confirmed that she writes her letters to the other 2hus in english despite everyone in Gensokyo speaking japanese. There's practically no information about her life before she came to Gensokyo, just her name and that she acquired her scarlet devil title before coming to Gensokyo.

Maybe I'll make a thread on /jp/ about her home country.

Jesus fucking Christ go hang yourself or read up on some simple anthropology you retard.

there's some new bits in there

Guillotine Cutter looks really cool.

> Kizu III
> Kissshot smiles, laughs, shouts, cries, begs in 1 hour
I want the PV so badly

>mfw they played the song from youtube.com/watch?v=gAnyT2G0-og during the Episode fight.

Hana confirmed her german heritage, fags. The VW Beetle is basically Shinobu.

>small
>round
>yellow
>german

Araragi gets to ride Shinobu like he always wanted.

Shinobu picked up Japanese to a fluent level after only a couple years in Japan and she spent a whole lot of time touring the world. She probably knows a fuckton of languages.

I still haven't watched anything *monogatari, but one of these days I'll probably pick it up just for Shinobu and Hachikuji.
They're just too cute.

>I still haven't watched anything *monogatari

Looks good

I was under the impression she was from Transylvania. Then again, there was a large German pop there till WW2.

Sometimes it takes time to watch famous series. Monogatari is one of those series that takes time, so I don't blame him.

This is true. I've watched S1, but I'm waiting for the Kizu movies to be done before I continue. I could just read it, but I want to be surprised during the movies.

> but I'm waiting for the Kizu movies to be done before I continue.
Why?

Does it cost like $200?

Doll is cute as well

>not wearing a hijab
>not brown
Nope, shes not german :^) [/spoilet]

kizumonogatari-usa.com/blu_ray.html
$70

Hmm. I might actually buy. Still pretty expensive for a 1 hour movie but the extra goodies make it worth.

>That was confirmed as a lie though.

Citation needed. I bet it was Flan spilling the beans as usual though.

Watching Kizu before Nise is the proper order that Shaft fucked up.

> the proper order
Watching Kizu after Nise and SS is more enjoyable because you probably will be more interested in Kizu story.

No it's fucking not. Nothing about Shinobu makes sense if you haven't seen Kizu. Don't try to pretend like there's "mystery" or "intrigue" by having not watched Kizu first.

You can infer that something happened and roll with it fine. It does impart a bit of a sense of mystery, but it's far more satisfying to actually understand things in Monogatari.

>are you an Italian?

Confirmed for German beach slag going to Italy every summer for dick.

Whiter too.

Can't wait for full Dereshot in Ougi Dark

Is there blushing and headpats?

/thread

For example
She sits Araragi on her lap.
> Shinobu, on the other hand, has her arms wrapped around my torso like it’s the most natural thing in the world, holding me tightly as if to stop me from falling out of her arms—with her chin resting on top of my head.

what did they mean by this?

Really makes you think.

Will we ever get another SHAFT-level of lip service?

Yeah, but Araragi is the one getting patted.

What did she used to do for fun?

Read sci-fi books.

finally some official art of ougi with that dress

When she was human? Normal human fun things of the 14-1500s. Then she was on the run except for a few months before she got "kidnapped" by a vampire and spent her spare time practicing being haughty.

When she was a vampire? She got into a bunch of battles and messed around with her powers as well as traveled the world. Then she got depressed and stared into space wishing she hadn't fucked up so bad.

> Normal human fun things of the 14-1500s.
She never was normal

Sure she was insanely beautiful and the daughter of minor nobility, but she still probably got the chance to live fairly normally for a noble until she got cursed.

Yea and it was fucking lit

a.tumblr.com/tumblr_ofhenf3P2a1qbo867o1.mp3

>This is a perfect bat.
Fixed that for you.

This shit had better get scanned.

It's so strange that she has a so-called "perfect form" when all of her forms are perfect.

>Shinobu legitimately forgot to kaka.
Not really. The "Ha! "Haha! "Hahaha!" is a separate kind of laugh she does. She did it in Kizu and Nise, too.