Koe no Katachi

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-10-31/kyoto-animation-a-silent-voice-sells-1.5-million-tickets-for-over-2-billion-yen/.108303

Movie just grossed 2 billion, on its way to beat Madoka Rebellion and then Girls and Panzer. Can it be considered a success?

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/ueocfl.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why is he raising his arm up like that?

It already beat Rebellion

This is very important, Sup Forums.
Because it made like 19 million dollars, it means that it's extremely good, Sup Forums.

19 million dollars is almost like 20 million dollars.

You know how numbers work I'm very proud of you.

He's signing to show Shouko just how fly a b-baller he is.

Meanwhile Kizuflop 2 didn't even manage to gross 500m.

At least a success for the movie distributors. It may still be a huge flop for Kyoani. I heard Kyoani only makes money from discs sold, so actually it may be a bad thing that so many people buy tickets. That makes them need the discs less. The more it sells, the bigger flop for Kyoani it becomes

Your Name made 10 times as much.

Is it good tho

>koe no katachi 2016 - 2 billion yen (about US$19 million)
>kon 2011 - 1.9 billion yen (about US$23.7 million at the conversion rate at the time)

Inflation's a bitch.

I doubt it. I'm sure there's a positive correlation between the number of people who go see a movie and the number of people who buy the BR. At least, for most films.

That's dope.

both, your name and koe no katachi, are mediocre.

13$ A ticket. Bitches be scamin.

Then again I fucking loved it.

>stand alone movie BTFO'd two cash cow franchises

>B-But KyoAnus make flops!!!1!111
GodAni haters on suicide watch

Leak when?

I want to pump Shouko full of my semen

You "heard" wrong.

That was a killer movie.

user? Are you okay?

You sound like anew type of retard

Meanwhile, that studio that made Minions made another superhit that grossed over 850 million dollars worldwide with The Secret Life of Pets. In Japan alone, it earned 41.6 million dollars.

Literally who?

That's not how this business works.

Source?

Scan it user

>I heard
great source, retard.

That's so fucking impressive for an anime film, even titanic which is one of the most successful movies of all time grossed just a little more than that.

Japan never ceases to amaze me.

It's a success sure, but no way it will beat those.

already did m8

>sha*t confirmed to be jewniplex slaves
>kizu a historic flop
>yuyuyu gets a S2 while meduca gets a cellphone game
>Katachi is monogatarikiller and madokiller
>their latest project is a gubmint-funded show no one is watching

Tough times for Sha*tshitters.

Well, I see we have tonight's studio warrior containment thread.

It's yen, so divide by 100.

No, if it's kyoAni then it needs to sell 20 billion yen to be called success.

Didn't you make this same thread yesterday?

>Tough times for Sha*tshitters
I don't consider it a flop, I liked pt and waiting on the other two.

>monogatari has more to it's series than any of kyoani's
Kyoani btfo

This.

>romance
>they don't even get together in the end
a.pomf.cat/ueocfl.webm

erry thread

So getting away from the bait faggotry, does the movie cut out a lot of the garbage in the later half?

>It was too much for kyoanifags to understand even this

>kizu
>flop

How did this meme begin?

Movie arc was cut and some things were changed.

Kizu S2's QUALITY proves the anus can't handle a movie and a TV show at the same time.

How much do you want to bet that whatever show comes after Evergarden will look even shittier?

Wew. maybe its worth it after all.

Were you having a stroke when you typed that?

Who the fuck even categorized it as romance?

>improved material yet again

Should I read the manga or watch the movie first?

Kyoani only gets the money for animating it.
What they really gain from this is brand recognition for making such a hit.

It cuts off 90% of the manga.

>disregarding art integrity

Hope the author will want them to adapt her next manga. I'm a sucker for snowy settings.

KyoAni is part of the production committee, they probably did more than just get contracted to animate it

Why didn't he just bring a box cutter to school and kill the other students that bullied him?

>Kyoani only gets the money for animating it.
Except not at all.

Kyoani doesn't do fanservice

No, I mean in the original manga. If everyone teams up on you to make your life hell, the least you can do is kill them, hell even if you only kill one it's still something.

If even your teachers betray you to save themselves, then they break the social construct. At that point you can always, always take the third option and just opt out. Opt out of a justice system that has failed you completely and take matters into your own hands.

The only thing that really matters is profit margins. I never see the budgets for animu movies though.

that's not anime

Truly the NGE of anime.

Even better, Koe no Katachi will most likely gross better than all the kizu movies combined.

Kyoani is the head of the committee, therefore they both risk the most and gain the most. Most likely the screening profits will be split between Kyoani and Shochiku, while the disk profits will be split between Kyoani and Pony Canyon. Lantis gets CD profits. You can actually tell that Kyoani decided to adapt Dragonmaid as a safety net should both Koe and Hibike bombed, as well as a thank you gesture for their help all this time.

This is school shooter mentality.

>This is school shooter mentality.

Well, I am American.

I'm not a kid or in school or anything though. I'm only 26, quite young but still long finished with school. I was never picked on really either, but I imagine that would have been my reaction if I ever had something truly unjust happen.

I just feel like if someone is wronged not just by another, but by the system itself it is important to respond. If you don't then the system will never get better. If the system is broken that should be revealed and taken to its conclusion.

There was no integrity in that shitty second half of the manga or the crap non ending.

All manga have crap endings, it's a law or something.

Was the second half of the manga that bad? I'm reading it now and I could stop.

>more butchered adaptations from SameFaceAni soon
This is a future you choose.

>Well, I am American.
Jesus fuck, please leave the rest of us out of your crazy, user.

What?

Your Name is still better.

I unironically loved the entire manga, would've been nice if they actually got together, but it's so heavily implied that I'm fine with how they ended it

Ahhh, Hitoribocchi is such a nice manga. Massive smile with every chapter, I love it. I should read it again.

The Mangaka's other current work, The Colours isn't quite as good. It seems like it is still a good manga for what it is but it just doesn't appeal to me as much.

Your Name is the best anime since Moving Castle.

>moving castle
>good

does the movie have a better ending than the manga?

the manga is not bad. the second half seems a bit tedious at times, but maintains its relevancy. what's shit is the ending.