ANNOUNCE THE FUCKING NEW MECHA ALREADY

ANNOUNCE THE FUCKING NEW MECHA ALREADY

>mecha

Tanks are mecha too.

>moe

Mecha anime is for teenage boys and retards. Which one are you, OP?

that's really rude man
don't be like that

I want this "rude" meme to die already.

>call me a retard
>it is a meme to assume your words were rude
hello?

Mecha is dead. Next year, it will have been 10 years since the last relevant pilotable mecha anime. There has been some attempts since, but they've all been bad and flopped horribly.

I'm not the same guy. I disagree with him. But perpetuating the "rude" shit is going to ruin Sup Forums's culture further. Fuck off.

this is why I'm waiting for the Imaishi mecha, he always brings something fresh to the table

Trigger to announce their new flop

Imaishit

Have hope. Sagara will save us.

>relevant
Who cares about relevance? Quality is all that matters.
> they've all been bad
Your taste is shit.

Not him, but that's literally the opposite of what Imaishi does. He cobbles together a bunch of classics, there's very little new in his work.

He never said it will be mecha. Just "something TTGL fans will love".
i.e. like literally everything he's made.

I don't give enough of a fuck to get you a source, but I'm confident that it was stated to be mecha.

I haven't seen any of them, or even followed anime all that closely for all the time, so that they were bad was just something I added to make my post flow better. Isn't Kiznaiver like the best thing that has happened to mecha in forever, and people were just lukewarm? There's Fafner and Macross Delta, maybe they are good? I don't really know, and to be honest I was a bit surprised people responded to me like I was telling the truth.

But it's still the case that all mecha has sold really poorly, and no one has cared about any of them, at leastin western anime fandom. Code Geass S2 ended in 2008, and oh, looks like Macross Frontier started in 2008, not 2007 as I thought. Guess there has only been 8 year since the last relevant mecha ended, not 9 like I thought.

Was there more information given outside of the original announcement? I'm fairly certain it was just stated to be something TTGL fans will love, with the original staff or something like that.

The last relevant mecha (outside of the small fanbase for Fafner) was Gundam Build Fighters in 2013.
There was also Imagawa's Mazinger in 2009.

Neither! I'm a teenage retard!

>I haven't seen any of them, or even followed anime all that closely for all the time, so that they were bad was just something I added to make my post flow better

>I don't keep up with anime but I'm on the anime board talking shit about things I haven't seen because I like the way it sounds
Please fuck off.

> Isn't Kiznaiver like the best thing that has happened to mecha in forever
Kiznaiver was neither good nor mecha, what on earth are you talking about?

Oh I was under the impression that it was mecha. Like I said, I haven't seen it.

This.

People seem to forget that TTGL happened because it was made at Gainax which was still full of people fond of mecha shows.
Imaishi himself doesn't care about mecha, none of his following shows are labeled as mecha, and Trigger is certainly not a mecha studio.

Imaoshi loves old-school 70s and 80s mecha, that's why even Kill la Kill and Luluco had mecha conventions and references in them. But given how varied (in style and genre at least) all his works are, I don't think he'd want to do just another straight up mecha show.

How strong is the rumor that Imaishi's writer partner this time being Urobuchi?