Lupin the Thread

We're getting a lot of Lupin shit.

>Discotek releasing collection 1 of Lupin III part II on DVD in December which is up for pre-order now
>collection 2-4 will be released in 2017
>Discotek is also releasing In memory of Walther P-38 on a Blu Ray + DVD combopack in 2017
>Discotek just announced they will be releasing Lupin III Part IV on DVD and Blu Ray in 2017
>It will have subs and the long awaited English dub which will feature the voices of the classic adult swim dub with the exception of Zenigata
Trailer here
twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/793303621815328768?p=v

So much Lupin love, we owe Discotek a lot. Discuss Lupin.

Should also mention Return the Treasure will be released only on DVD within the next few months or so.

Anyone?

Wow. I forgot to mention a theatrical film starring Goemon will be out in theaters in February. It is a sequel to the Fujiko Mine Series and Jigen's Gravestone

>classic adult swim dub

Awesome. One of the few really great dubs.

is the 2015 series any good? I only watched the first 3-4 episodes that got translated when it was first airing.

fuck off with your shilling

sage

I liked it a whole lot. Some people complained that the ongoing plot part was really retarded and it sort of was, but it was still fun, and the other non-plot stuff is as Lupin as ever.

I'm super excited about the old dub cast reprising their roles. I held off on watching blue jacket subbed just so I could enjoy the dub more.

great will download and watch tomorrow thanks man

>tfw the only one who liked Mine Fujiko

lupin is my shit. this brings me pleasure.
love me some nice man

It's great. I'd say it's the 2nd best series after green jacket.

>green jacket the best
>not red

its as good as green jacket, but in different ways

Most people actually really like it. Was a refreshing gritty take with amazing art. It also had some of the best episodes of the entire franchise.

Don't. Buy that shit when it comes out on BD. gotta support Lupin.

It was pretty good. Probably would have been even better if they could have gotten away with not having a central plot.

Honestly, he should see if he likes it before buying it.

Green just had the best set of episodes. Red jacket had lots of great ones but also a lot of crappy ones. Green Jacket is more consistent and is Yalu considered the best out of the series.

>It also had some of the best episodes of the entire franchise.

I dunno, there were more episodes that I thought were meh than great. I liked it, but the only ones that really stood out to me were the origin episodes and the tattoo'd girl where Fujiko goes crazy.

Lupin is pretty sexy desu.

>not mentioning the phantom of the opera episode

Also do you consider the 1st episode to be an origin because that one was great too.

Yea, and the opera one was great.

Dying day and drug trip episode I remember being pretty dope

So, where would I go to watch Green Jacket?

I want to start this series from the beginning.

Buy it. There are 2 versions out on DVD.

Buy the DVDs from Discotek.

Stream the series on CrunchyRoll.

Get the BDs off of nyaa.

And more options.

The fuck is nyaa and how are their prices? Usually get my stuff off rightstuf (since discotek doesn't sell directly from their website anymore which is a shame). Rightstuf is alright though. nyaa any better?

>The fuck is nyaa and how are their prices?

Ah it's a torrent. How was I suppose to know.. I buy everything I want to watch

Aight, found the torrent that is apparently literally fucking everything.

I'm going to sleep now, but once I finish 0079, I'm going in.

>The fuck is nyaa and how are their prices?

>>It will have subs and the long awaited English dub which will feature the voices of the classic adult swim dub with the exception of Zenigata
Oh goodness

Not everyone is a richfag user, but even then I would assume you at least knew what nyaa was or at least seen it mentioned here, assuming you ain't a newfag.

Anyways, Part 2 has been a blast as I approach the last 10 episodes. Was Part 3 canned for low quality or just lack of interest from Japanese audiences?

Part 3 lasted pretty long. 50 episodes to be exact. The quality was very high. More so than the previous 2 series, people didnt like the overly cartoony zanyness of it, but it was still just as good as part 2. Just more exaggerated and silly.

Which one you think is better in bed?

Also I'm gonna go with dub because of nostalgia and the fact that yasuo yamada (best lupin) died in 1995 so I don't feel bad not watch the sub version. Plus if I'm paying extra for the dub, might as well watch it.

I will never not pick Fujiko.

Aside from the lackluster and kinda retarded ending (which is typical for long form Lupin mystery plots), it was pretty good on individual episode basis.
>Oscar
>Gritty Zenigata
>More focus on Fujiko, which we've been needing
>Gorgeous visuals
>Very fun isolated episodes with plenty of variety

>not picking Zenigata

I felt Zenigata was too gritty to the point where it ft bland. I'd say that's one of the negatives.

I took it as a refreshing change since most of the last movies before Goro died had Zenigata only appear for like ten minutes and do basically jackshit, he was just there because he's part of the brand. Making him more adversarial and asshole at least something new with him after all this time of being a goofy comedic relief.

He can be goofy and cool at the same time. He had no personality in the Fujiko series. Even lupin managed to be his silly self even with all the grittiness around him.

my favorite Fujiko design

Well now we know so much about her are you sure it'd even be worth it? She's screwed Zenigata for fuck's sake.

I'm 23 episodes or so into the red coat series, and I have to say, it's really fucking good. I love the Miyazaki episodes, but they get to be almost a bit too PG for how I envision Lupin. Red coat series seems to rectify that a bit, keeping the goofy nature of the series while actually showing people die, developing lupin and fujiko's relationship, and just a slightly more gritty side.

The 2nd half of green jacket (Miyazaki episodes) were the best of that series though. Red jacket is funner and the character have more life, but the plots tend to be just dumb a lot of the time. The later episodes of red jacket is when it gets really good. Plus the quality is much higher compared to the early episodes which looked cheaper than green jacket which came out 6 or 7 years before. The episodes that stand out the most for me were the Egyptian possessed lupin episode and the 2 Miyazaki episodes at the end which are noticeably of much higher quality and much more adventurous.

Just pre ordered red jacket set 1.
>40 episodes
>sub and dub
>interviews
>discotek trailer
>commentary tracks
>original adult swim bumpers
>only $46 and that includes shipping
>doesn't come out until December so you might even get a discount because of the holiday season
>will be the only red jacket sets available to own for people in the west so the price will mostly go way up within a year or so
I don't see any reason for anyone to not get this.

>are you sure it'd even be worth it?

What a stupid question.

bump

I liked it too, mainly because I'm a huge Koikefag.
Oskar was a mistake tho.

Awesome

I'm torn on Jigen. Epcar works for the character, but I love the less gruff, older Japanese voice. Part of me would be curious to see if Dan Woren (Jigen's Gravestone) would work better with some more adjustments. I think he's the closest an English actor has gotten.

Do we know anything about it yet?

What? Mine Fujiko is liked by most plebs in fact it might be the most entry level Lupin series after Castle of Cagliostro except not nearly as good.
>refreshing gritty take
Lupin has done gritty before and much better than that. If Episode Zero was The Batmn Begins of the franchise than Woman Called Fujiko is the Batman v Superman.
>It also had some of the best episodes of the entire franchise.
....I got nothing.
>The episode where Zenigata fucks Fujiko and then actively tries to kill him
Yeah nah.

>plebs
>entry level
>....
>Elitism over fucking Lupin of all things

>Not being elitist for Lupin

I bet you like Green Jacket too you faggot

>only relevant piece of news
>forgot to mention