Thoughts on this shitty overused font?

Thoughts on this shitty overused font?

Other urls found in this thread:

prettyanonymo.us/index.php/scanlation-resources/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can always pick a different one: prettyanonymo.us/index.php/scanlation-resources/

Anyone who uses WildWords and MouthBreather only are terrible editors.

overused =/= shitty
People trying to be """""creative"""""""" and putting random unreadable fonts just to be different are the worst.

>""""""""
Stop this shit.

People who say "the worst" are the worst

It works.

I can read it, it's fine.

I use CC Astro City for normal text.

We don't change a perfect recipe. You can still try but you will never get the same results.

It doesn't stop me from ejaculating.

There should be more Comic Sans

It's okay.

get the fuck out

ITT fuckers who like CGrascal and view SaHa as a great typesetter

I always have to stop myself from laughing out loudly when I see customers use this font on their invoices.

I use Wild Words Lower.
All caps fonts are Sup Forums comic book tier.

>getting sniffy over comic book fonts
Jesus, man. Why not just exclusively use Akzidenz-Grotesk and go full hipster at that point?

I hate the font Saha uses too and I dont know who the other one is

Why are people still using these "comic" fonts? Why not use a more legible font instead? Something that isn't all-caps for example. Why do typesetters want to emulate times when speech bubbles had to be handwritten? It's terrible for readability.

Because people are lazy and readers don't complain enough.

I hate how it looks but other fonts like CC Astro City and Zud Juice match up better with other fonts in the raw that aren't the normal dialogue.

I use Zud Juice for shouts and I hate it. It kerns like complete fuck.

ITT Pure, Undiluted Autism

You can edit that you know

I'm anal about consistency.

>Why people use comic fonts in a comic
GEEZ I WONDER

Kern optically instead of with the metrics, Trips-kun.

...Holy shit I didn't realize I got double trips. Also thanks, I'll try that. The bane of my existance has been things like . this where the period floats between the two fucking words.

Yeah, I know your pain, Optical kerning tends to put the letters a smidge too close together, which is easy enough to counter, but gets rid of the bullshit you can see at the bottom here.

One font should be enough for everyone.

I know you're joking because only clueless old people think Comic Sans is a good idea, and there are no clueless old people on this site for little girls.

I think WildWords and its ilk are better than Times New Roman and Courier. You know those translations that used them. They were ugly as sin, right? I think I have an old Gundam Wing manga somehwere that was done all in a bolded serif font. It was god-awful.

>when typesetting text within a weird bubble, people don't bother trying to emulate the character placement and plop in something like
>AAAAA-
>AAAH!
>and rotate it around so you have to Shaft neck turn to read it
>and do it Full caps Augie

what this have to do with anime and manga when nobody uses this font in it? Fucking crossboarders.

Dude, nice bump.

Nothing better out there.

>non mono-spaced fonts

disgusting

Using variable width definitely goes against the Japanese spirit of the manga.

Point proven. I think only uglier fonts are those already detested (Papyrus, Comic Sans, Wingdings).

I kind of want to see a group troll by releasing in Wingdings now.

Zooom BB is $20

WHY.jpg

Reminder that this is the only proper typesetting

Why the hate for comic sans in the only place where it could possibly be used properly?
comics

I do not think it's shitty or overused.

Western comics were shitty enough to deserve Comic Sans. Childish fonts for childish stories. Now that we're all grown up we can use better fonts in every medium.

Seriously though Comic Sans looks so immature that it trivializes everything that uses it. Use it for a kid's birthday invitation? Cool. Something like Watchmen or GitS? Fuck right off.

there's nothing wrong with the font. you're just overly sensitive and are getting bothered by nothing.

どうでもいいですけど

>Using variable width definitely goes against the Japanese spirit of the manga.

Yeah but the spirit of the manga is Japanese.
Are you gonna trust the only people in the world who could possibly take the deep shark infested waters of hanzi and make it into the terrible quagmire that is kanji.

Eh, it's okay.

it's the thinking man's komica

>papyrus comic sans and wingdings are on the same level

but wingdings isn't even really a font its a set of unrelated symbols that was wedged into a font format for usability

>I dont know who the other one is
I envy you

blame square minded americans and their shit taste

Comic Sans deserves 99.9% of the hate it gets because it's dumb to use it as a regular font, but the one context where it has some validity to be used is in comics. I'd still wouldn't recommend it but I wouldn't hate on it either.
Though I see the point that it might not be appropiate to use in a serious manga.

Jesus Christ early chapters of GTO was hard to read.

Is better.

why so italicized?

It's great for trolling. Just look at all these angry people.

>Thoughts on this shitty overused font?
Simple. It's not shitty or overused. It's readable.
You're Lysdexci.