Riddle me this

Why is ghost hound not considered one of the greatest anime ever created?
Not only are the visuals stunning, but the plot and general mood of the story are a perfect mix of japanese culture, tabboos, scientific perspectives, and best of all history.
It's been on my mind for quite some time why such a masterpiece has been given so little attention.

>in before evangelion swarm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h6-kETedHFI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The ending is pretty bad.

But yeah, it should at least be as popular as Lain, since it's basically Lain in the countryside.

I'd also like to add that continuity of anime is a vital aspect of it's survival as a series. Ghost Hound is one of the most fluid stories I have seen in a while. It seems most modern anime (speculating from 2015 - till today) lacks this simple characteristic and instead jolts towards one of two things:
1. Fighting/flashy animation
2. Broadening of a story line which should have been scrapped at pre-production (im looking at you Dragon Crisis!)

Thoughts? Am I retarded?

My favourite animu.

People hate the anticlimactic ending and also the babboon butt foetus designs for the soul travelling.

I can definitely agree on the fetus aspect.
>Anticlimactic ending
Not all stories need to be flashy and perfect in a satisfying way. It makes it more memorable to think back on a series like this and say "damn the whole ride was a nice steady stream"

I think episodic shows have their place in an entertainment industry just as shows with continuity do. I don't see why they can't coexist.

Ghost Hound stops caring about its plot three quarters in and then introduces a new, much worse one.

So yeah, you are retarded. Or possibly just wasting precious brain cells remembering Dragon Crisis, what the fuck?

Dropped at ep6
Were I wrong?

I didn't mind the ending because I was already in love with the show and I never expected anything but a wishy washy conclusion to the wishy washy supernatural stuff. The kidnapping was the actual mystery and I was very satisfied with how that was resolved.

You were very satisfied with "oh i guess it was just some guy who died then"? Really?

All must look to Dragon Crisis and know what true shame looks like.
What are your thoughts on newer anime such as Aldnoah Zero (season 1 only) and Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi.
yes you was

user you were told in episode 2 it was some guy who died. I was satisfied with the motive and how it tied in to the other kid's family.

Didn't watch AZ past ep 1 because if I wanted to be bored by Gundam, I'd watch Gundam.

BokuDake is pretty similar to Ghost Hound, especially all of Ghost Hound's problems are way, WAY worse in it.

Ok I will pick it up again then.
I hope that it will turn kinda like Shiki

It was alright.
I liked the psychology lessons but it was just mediocre and for an anime called ghost hound one of the main characters only turned into a ghost hound like twice and for a split second each.

Almost entirely because of ghost butt.

It's like a 7/10 at best.

>in before
lurk more

Still has one of the best OPs of all time

• 10/10 opening
• best sound design in anime
• only anime i can remember when "this kid should see a psychologist" actually means said kid seeing a psychologist

Apart from that,

Shitty pacing, bad resolution. God tier OP. Would have been better as a 12 ep.

The pacing is very even. What you meant was "I don't like slow-paced shows".

>• best sound design in anime
Yozakura was better IMO

>225x319.jpg
>greatest anime ever created
>masterpiece
>tags: visuals plot mood culture tabboos scientific history
sage

Though as much as I was indifferent to Wolf's Rain. I gotta hand it to their ability to make some sick music for that show, otherwise I wouldn't recommend any anime for it's music that I can think of.

Music and sound design are two almost completely different things.

Not him, but I did drop this because it was so fucking slow paced. Also, the characters were so boring, especially the MC.

I really like Taro, but that's mostly because of his accent and him being so moe.

It was amazing and pic related was best boy

thanks for all the input from everyone!
OP here

/thread

His short relationship with the scientist was hot, I wanted him to do more freaky ghost stuff and be embarrassed about it. And I already miss his smugness. This show really had top shotas.

For you 'special' people that liked this series, can I ask you something for statistical purposes?
What's your opinion on Shinsekai yori?

Is this fujoshit?

It had a pretty unironically bad ending. One of the worst closures of any shows I've ever watched. Its such a shame it had a really big potential

Urban fantasy is still better than sci fi fantasy

i actually think it is great. despite the ending.
i also love the sound fx when supernatural shit happens, very effective in making it eerie.

I loved everything about Ghost Hound except for the ending which was sloppy and rushed.

It has some faggy moments but generally no

there was basically no music, but a shitload of high tension ambient noise

They did manage to pull off a good conclusion to Makoto's story

The cult story was pretty crap though

For me, one proof that an animu was good is having a good feeling whenever anyone mentions it. In the case of ghost hound I have no feelings at all, good or bad, none, zero, nada.

I suppose that I subconsciosly I hyped myself and expected too much from it and from the author that the overall result after watching it was a bif fat MEH.

I'm not saying that it is bad, but it have nothing relevant to me.

The opening was god-tier
youtube.com/watch?v=h6-kETedHFI

This show is amazing, it was a 10/10 until the rushed ending then it became a 9/10. The characters are so well developed. Everyone is best boy, I don't understand.

awesome deep contemplating anime,.
planning to rewatch it again after few year,.
i like that cute miko
tis anime among the first i watch with kansai-ben (love it)

I'm pretty meh on it. Didn't like the characters and the first half is very messy. Timeskips were a real momentum killer. Finally got going in the second half and ended well.

But in the same way that Ghost Hound's limp ending didn't hurt my opinion of the show much, Shinsekai Yori's strong ending didn't redeem the rest of it in my eyes,

Despera never.