He did nothing wrong

He did nothing wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-WrdCPSK7_k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Read the book, faggot.

Nothing wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=-WrdCPSK7_k

>mfw c/lit/s frequently ask if they should read the abridged or unabridged version

I think the abridged version doesn't have lesbians, does it?

Tell them the abridged because it can be read while sucking a dick.

Who the fuck hasn't read the Count of Montecristo? Shit's so fun it was basically designed to be a TV show.

>Who the fuck hasn't read the Count of Montecristo? Shit's so fun it was basically designed to be a TV show.
Except even in actual TV shows, they never actually tell the full original ending. Haydée is suppose to win the Countbowl, but in literally every adaptation that exists, the only girl that ever wins the Count is Mercédès.

Multiple films, multiple live action TV series, and yet Haydée never gets the D. It's bizarre.

Well it's understandable. Mercedes is first girl, and people hate to see someone else win. Besides, while Dumas intended the end to represent the Count moving on and accepting that time and revenge destroyed the link, to the TV watcher it comes off as a huge fuck you to all the struggle, topped off with kicking away the heroine for some fresh pussy.

I wouldn't mind her not getting the count so much but him ever getting back with Mercedes completely ruins the point of the story

I understand it but it makes me mad. The whole point of the story is that his quest for revenge transformed him into a different person than the one she fell in love with.

It's a saccharine focus group ending that tramples the heart of the story. Honestly Im not even sure why, as far this kind of books go the Count still got off pretty well, if this was Victor Hugo or someone everyone would have been murder raped twice

Because we're in the twentieth century and meta-reading was lost to the past, user. Be happy that the original exists, for it is unique.
Most people read/watch it for the ebin revenge hijinks anyway

Just because Im here for the revenge doesn't mean I don't appreciate something more.

>to the TV watcher it comes off as a huge fuck you to all the struggle, topped off with kicking away the heroine for some fresh pussy.
Mercédès is suppose to be old enough to have an adult son. She isn't even a Heroine, the only thing she almost did was to talk Count into getting himself killed. She had to undo the damage by telling her son not to murder him.

Calling her a heroine is a stretch, Eugénie Danglars is far more qualified. And I don't mean the anime version, I mean the lesbian who eloped with her musician lover.

Don't argue with me, user. I understand where you're coming from and I agree.
My point is that normies don't like it.

>My point is that normies don't like it.

why do you care?

I don't, user asked why Haydée never wins in the adaptations and I answered. It's because normies don't like the original.
Why is it so hard for Sup Forums to distinguish between an explanation of a phenomenon and a passionate argument for your personal beliefs?

Objectively true.

>My point is that normies don't like it.
I don't understand why normies think he should get back to his former fiancée who remarried years ago. It might have made sense if she was an actual "main girl", if we borrow anime terminology. But she isn't. She is a side character. The majority of the books were not about her, and adaptations had to go out of their way to give her more prominent screen time in order to justify them getting back together. It just seems silly.

Because there's no sense in adapting a work if all you're gonna do is shit all over it for face appeal. They won't care if it's Monte Cristo so why make it such if you're not gonna do it right.

It makes me legit angry that the closest thing we have to an actual proper adaptation is the one with the space vampires and giant robot fight

>Because there's no sense in adapting a work if all you're gonna do is shit all over it for face appeal.

I'd expect Sup Forums to be used to this sort of treatment.

>I'd expect Sup Forums to be used to this sort of treatment.
I understand if it happens once or twice. But why did it happen with nearly ALL of its multiple adaptations?

Look, I understand with films that you need to condense the plot to 2.5 hours. But why TV series too? And all because they never bothered to age the actress to show the passage of time?

>Chaotic Evil
>Im-fucking-plying for a single moment that revenge isn't fundamentally lawful
God fucking damnit, I can take Gil being Chaotic Good through Nasu's wierd logic, but this is fundamentally wrong.

What did you mean by this?

Simple: she was the main motivation at the beginning, and Edmond's great love. That's all there is to it. It's a nice way to close the story by finally reuniting the "lovers who were destined to be together" just like Odysseus and Penelope, while Haydée seems to be the "side hoe" or a third wheel. Love must triumph!
Why does anime always go for first girl? Same shit.

look, it's one thing to fuck up shitty stock battle harem light novels that are already devoid of any actual integrity or merit to start with but when you fuck with classic literature that has an actual message and purpose then you cross a line

Careful, Edmond-chan does not like any implication that he is anything but malice incarnate.

There's an abridged version? It's a big book, but shit is constantly going down.

>abridged
For what purpose?

>some actually prefer the abridged

>tfw all i can do is wait and hope
Besides rolling lolis, he drives me to keep playing this shit.

Maybe they like the story but hate the writing style/prose of t?

The abridged version is something like 300 pages long, I read it once and it cut out a huge amount. As long as you have a copy over 1000 pages you know you're all set.