Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1727

djtguide.neocities.org/

prev

Other urls found in this thread:

jlpt.jp/e/samples/pdf/N5-mondai.pdf
jlpt.jp/e/samples/pdf/N5-seikai.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=CcSCq8XDTaY#t=3m30s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder that manga isn't reading and you're deluding yourself if you think so.

nice pic, dude

>母親が唯一と言っていいほど
>と言っていいほど

What does this phrase mean?

The amount of cards in anki I get wrong but I give myself them anyway because they're so obvious is mindblowing

If I actually failed all the cards I got wrong I'd probably have 40% retention

>JLPT test is only a month away
>I'm still doing nothing but anki everyday
I deserve to fail

I'm remaining disciplined and failing everything I get wrong. Even when it's a quick slip of the mind because I was going through them too fast. It's annoying but being honest is the best course.

Brute force.

>If I actually failed all the cards I got wrong I'd probably have 40% retention

why would you defend your stats instead of learning japanese

今日は私の誕生日ですよー

(I-is this even correct?)

おめでとう

I feel like there's no point being strict about it though because as soon as I open up anki my brain just shuts itself off and performs at a quarter of it's usual potential

Doing everything outside of anki is learning Japanese, what happens inside anki barely matters

おいくつ?
セックスしたことある?興味ある?

>what happens inside anki barely matters
on the contrary, you seem rather concerned about your stats for it not to matter

挿入するぞ!

you can't learn japanese

I don't give myself them because I care about my stats, I give myself them because I know for a fact that I know them, I only get them wrong because my brain refuses to work in a flashcard environment

Do you think natives would have problems with flashcards?
Just admit you don't actually know them as well as you think you do and need to see them more often

おたんじょうびおめでとう

I get words wrong in anki even when they're words that I see all the time and never even think twice about though, I just can't function properly with flashcards, they're too mindnumbingly boring

そのアノンじゃないけど
30才でも セックスことないよ
自殺したほうがいいかな

From my own understanding and brief research "It's reasonable to say" is a decent translation.

せっかく魔法遣いになったのに自殺なんてもったいないよ

"You can even say"

おめでとう

俺23歳で童貞だけどDJTの童貞率ってどれぐらいかな

9割以上いると思うけど

I want to be done with RTK by the end of the year but I'm only 600 kanji in.
Being a wagecuck sucks tbqh

Just ask your boss to transfer you to the company's japanese branch after you've finished giving your morning blowjob

If you're a wagecuck you shouldn't be wasting what little time you have doing RTK

the amount of words in this fucking language is honestly offensive

Learning Japanese has made me appreciate my own native English vocabulary.

Is there any place that let's you practice hiragana/katakana in a non-vaccuum?
Seeing a single character and writing it in romanji is getting pretty easy but my brain kind of fries when I see a few next to eachother.

>a language has many words

ok

>Is there any place that let's you practice hiragana/katakana in a non-vaccuum?

N-Native material?

Start learning grammar or vocab and it'll just click on it's own over time.

>入れ物
This word strikes me as pretty lewd.
>a thing you enter

should I kill myself if 芸事 still makes me laugh?

I'm sure there are plenty of reasons to kill yourself other than just that

Who is she?

藝事はおおいにけっこうである

>旧字体

旧字体が嫌い!!!!

>とでも思ってもらえればと思います
I just saw this phrase and was a bit stumped, anyone know what it's supposed to mean? The context it was brought in was a self introduction and she said something like "you can think of me as X rather than Y".

idk, derpchan

>とでも思ってもらえれば(いい)と思います

the ば form is often used like this in polite formal speech

don't you mean 舊字軆

Is it recommended to download a Anki grammar deck after finishing Tae Kim, and if so, which one should I download?

No, it's recommended that you go read native material.

It's more recommended to start reading

But if you really want a grammar deck then DoJG, although anki really isn't supposed to be used for grammar, you can't just grind grammar like you can with vocab and kanji

Personally I liked the DOJG deck, but you should stick with the beginner cards until you get a lot of practice reading, and then do the intermediate cards, and after awhile start doing the advanced ones once you are really comfortable with reading and have a sizeable vocab under your belt.

When I did that deck, I was completely lost in all the nuance and similar words once I hit advanced.

Thanks for the help.

Probably she is Felicia of Fire Emblem Fate.
I asked that cause she's not Anime Character.

出来ない

You forgot listening

listening is optional :^)

So are the other three technically

nah

Did you guys strive for 100% understanding on your first native material reading?

Sometimes I feel like I've spent far too long on a particular sentence and I'm not progressing without outside help.

hahahaha no

Nah. If you obsess over getting 100% of every single sentence you'll get sick of it and end up giving up. I've been studying for years and there are still plenty of small grammatical details I never quite understood until very recently

No.

>I've been studying for years and there are still plenty of small grammatical details I never quite understood until very recently
But wouldn't you have liked to have someone to teach you said small grammatical details years ago instead of just breaking your face till just now?

That's probably infeasible considering I've had Japanese teachers teach me Japanese nearly every day of the week for the past 2.5 years (and I've been living in Japan during that time as well). You can't have literally everything taught to you, there's some things you pick up yourself by reading.

What level are you taking

>taking JLPT N5 in two years
>still only 80% done reading Albatross

Jesus christ I'm fucked

>まだ社会に浸透はしておらず、

I think I know what this means but can't formulate it in English, am I dumb? Or has my Japanese exceeded my English? I'm an ESL.

N5

Tbh doing like 20% of tae kim and just anki should be enough to pass N5

Also if you can do the practice questions then it's an easy win

jlpt.jp/e/samples/pdf/N5-mondai.pdf
jlpt.jp/e/samples/pdf/N5-seikai.pdf

If you can read this you can pass N5

More like N0.

Pretty sure even natives would struggle with that

>They don't use kanji
Oh heaven no.

Nah.

I'm still not used to jp "S-O-V" sentence structure. How long does it take till you can read and understand simultaneously a complex sentence without breaking it into small part? For N2 level and above.

If you are N5 you stop when you find the word "乳白", and you start to Jerk off yourself.

>when all your cards eventually get suspended
Christ

Honest and accurate.

Damn, N5 is actually easier than よつばと!

At least that makes me feel slightly less useless now.

Yotsuba's actually hard as shit because of how slangy it is, it's just we all get used to it right away because we all read it before anything else

youtube.com/watch?v=CcSCq8XDTaY#t=3m30s

Legitimately interesting and about japanese and has to do with learning japanese.

why is it in the guide as an introduction to reading if its so hard

literally only because of the reading pack

ぽいぽいぽい!

Not interesting, and vaguely about Japanese at best.

Aside from the really basic obvious onomatopoeia, a lot of the ones in Japanese are absolute horseshit to learn.

How have I not seen this before

apparently scientific studies disagree

it's been 1727 threads, is anyone N5 yet?

r u memeing
that b dank meme

me

I meant N1

no

I'm almost about there

The lack of kanjis is giving me headaches.

I've just been doing core the entire time I have yet to read a grammar guide or native material

Less than one VN.

I just finished reading volume 1 of いつか天魔の黒ウサギ. Might be the worst thing I've read in my life, but if anyone wants a really easy LN to read there you go.