Dragon Ball Super

Predictions for the new episode soon. Will our one true god make an appearance? Is Toriyama just trolling us as usual?

Fusion was a mistake

Toyotaro is literally /our guy/

Super Saiyan Blue was a mistake

Vegeta will job. Goku and Gowasu will fuse instead.

Vegetto was a mistake

Series should have continued from Yo Son Goku instead.

Trunks was a mistake

Super was a mistake

it did.

Shueisha Establishes “Dragon Ball Room” to Expand and Optimize Content

Shueisha revealed that it had newly established a “Dragon Ball Room” on June 21st of this year. Its goal is to break down barriers between departments to expand and optimize the globally popular Dragon Ball franchise.

The announcement was made at Shueisha’s new publication planning presentation held in Tokyo on the 12th. Although the Dragon Ball Room falls under the umbrella of the rights division, its section chief Akio Iyoku also serves as editor-in-chief of V-Jump, where the Dragon Ball Super manga (the original story of which is overseen by Toriyama) is serialized. Iyoku says that, “in practical terms you can think of it as handling both the rights and editing. It’s a new experiment to have a department that only thinks about Dragon Ball.”

Akira Toriyama, the original author, commented that, “I was wanting to keep this old series alive and kicking even in the modern day with help from Shueisha’s excellent staff, so for me this team is dependable and a real godsend. It’d really be great if this way I won’t have to do anything!!!!”

Dragon Ball is a hit manga that ran in Weekly Shōnen Jump from 1984 to 1995; its comics have sold over 240 million copies. The story centers on Son Goku, a boy with outstanding fighting sense, his adventures to get the Dragon Balls (which grant any wish when all seven are gathered), and his stiff competition against various rivals. A TV anime began broadcasting in 1986, and its popularity has endured even beyond the end of the original manga; Dragon Ball Super is currently airing.

I've noticed that shitting on Vegeta seems to keep away the Sup Forums kids for some reason, let's keep it up then

Why did Beerus allow Shin and Gowasu to go alone? He does realize if Shin dies, he does too?

beerus is mentally handicapped?

hi

Beerus is suicidal

Beerus is tied to the Elder Kai

Is future trunks going to convince regular trunks to get stronger or is regular trunks stuck forever being lame because goten, the mistake, is tethered to him?

How does this make you feel?

Ningens were a mistake

Then explain Black laughing as he saw Shin die and saying beerus is now dead?

The whole kai thing makes no sense to me. Is it a potara thing?

not necesarrily, he was unaffected when Elder Kai died to give life to Goku.
Chances are he is tied to whoever is a Kai in position.

Gods were a mistake

Gowasu can solo Black

>Seal Elder kai in a sword so he'll never die from that weak old man getting fucked up
It's a smart plan.

The Future was a mistake

Anime was a mistake

Why seal Zamasu when he could become a carrot?

Toriyama was a mistake

Why doesnt anyone just show Trunks how to use the devilmite beam so he can kill nearly everyone?

my thoughts exactly.

Sup Forums here

keep believing that, low test faggot.

smart plan until you take a long ass nap and wake to realise some ningen let the sword be petrified and disintegrated.

Gowasu should be checked by the U10 God of Destruction, and where the fuck is he anyway?

He is busy drinking coffee.

Maybe he's getting his team ready for Zeno's Tournament.

I can't fucking wait for that arc

Zamasu and Black went to Trunks' timeline because Beerus died when Supreme Kai died helping Trunks fight Dabura

Yeah.
And why is Gowasu acting like Beerus is a big deal. His universe has a GoD as well and there is a 80% chance that it is in fact far more powerful then Beerus.
I also want to see if that GoD has another big tittied blue skinned angel.

Leave it to Toei to fuck up anything interesting.

I hope the fighters arent shit. I just want Future Trunks to be a participant. I dont want to see Picolo get jobbed out cause lol poison.

It's guarenteed to have more then 2 participants per universe since Toriyama thinks this Monaka thing is funny for some reason

He honestly could have went to any fucking timeline where a kai died.
It's not like a tiny pissant micro timeline in U6 is the only place where this has happened.

>there is a 80% chance that it is in fact far more powerful then Beerus.
How do you figure?
>And why is Gowasu acting like Beerus is a big deal.
Well there are only 12 destruction gods. Since Gowasu is old, he probably knows them all. The fact that Beerus is out of universe must mean something is going on.

>tfw still no future Mai figurine

Why even live?

You mean regular DB era Mai?

Christ, Future Trunks was one of my boyhood idols growing up. If you told me back then he'd hook up with the character in DB that gave me some of my first boners along with the blue haired kanker sister from EEnE, I would be so happy.

Sleeping for a long time just like Beerus did before, I hope he appears at the end of the arc or I don't know.

>You mean regular DB era Mai?
Well yeah, but they made her like 10 times cuter in the Goku black arc.

>he blue haired kanker sister from EEnE,
My nigger

>How do you figure?
He outright states that he's the ninth strongest and that there are far more powerful beings out there.
Now if he means gods of destruction, then that means that there are 8 other GoDs that are stronger then him.

>Well there are only 12 destruction gods. Since Gowasu is old, he probably knows them all. The fact that Beerus is out of universe must mean something is going on.

He could be coming for a visit.
He doesn't have to cowtow to fucking anyone, especialy a GoD that's more then likely weaker then the GoD of his universe.
He should have at best been very courteous towards him and not treat him as a threat or someone to fear.

>He doesn't have to cowtow to fucking anyone, especialy a GoD that's more then likely weaker then the GoD of his universe.
He's still a GoD though that's super strong. And even if universe 10's GoD is stronger, so? It's not like Beerus and Shin are best buds.

So is Bulma the smartest genius in all 12 universes if she's the only one to figure time travel?

The fuck is Beerus going to do?
Get his shit annihilated by the GoD of universe 10?
Get punched out by Whis?
Get all of Universe 7 oblitierated by Grand Priest or Zeno?

how cool would it be if the ending of this arc would be 2amasu getting btfo by the present u10 GoD? beerus might find time travelling a taboo, but u10 GoD gives no fucks and hakais 2amasu no problem.

First time traveller was from U12

That would be kind of awesome actually. Him paying a visit to this nothing micro timeline to find where the god of his universe went and finds two Zamasu fused together.

He slaps God Zamasu's shit with ease then tells Gowasu that they are leaving and that they have no business interfering with the business of another Universe.

Gogeta realizes that he's far more powerful then Beerus and want to fight. U10 is not a play fight kind of guy and is going to obliterate them but Gowasu pleads their case and tells him that they are to show up in the next tournament.

He then says "Why these mortals are weaker then (insert name of bad ass fighter in his universe) they wouldn't even be much of a challenge".
At which point Gogeta says something to the effect that he'll beat them easily.
The god looks amused and says I look forward to your fight and lets them go.

They dissapear
Disaster averted

Honestly, if Vegito isn't going to show hope, this would be the best ending. The Mafuba at this point would be disappointing, and Goku single handedly (you just know Trunks and Vegeta are going job) defeating the fusion of himself and a literal God would be the biggest LOLGOKUWINS of the entire series

its actually disturbing how smart her family is if you stop to think about it

literally vegapunk tier memes

That's really the only way I could see him going down outside of:
>Vegitio or Gogeta
>Omni-King
>a new asspull

What's with all these retards pretending that Vegito or Gogeta would be stronger than Beerus?

This Dragon Ball Room shit is still really vague. I don't know why people are so excited over it when we don't even really know how it'll affect the overall series or if it will actually improve anything at all.

And just judging from Toriyama's comments on it, it seems like the whole thing is just an excuse for him to be less involved with the creative process.

Because Beerus has no reason to show up.

>He outright states that he's the ninth strongest
This literally never ever happened.

I really want a set of her and Trunks from the arc promotional image.

W H O H Y P E
H
O
H
Y
P
E

He's becoming such a qt

No it's Shueisha and Jump sick of Toei slandering Toriyama's good name. Having the manga ahead will help the Philipeno sweat shop animators too by replicating the source material from the Room.

You're misreading the entire announcement, Dragon Ball Room has very little to do with Toei. It's a consolidated department within Shueshia whose sole purpose is to expand the franchise as a whole and come up with new creative content for DB.

In other words, it's not Toei that's taking a backseat here. It's Toriyama.

No it's about consolidating rights and powers under Toriyama's name even if he is taking the backseat. This is will disempower Toei as merely adapting the content from the Room.

>The announcement was made at Shueisha’s new publication planning presentation held in Tokyo on the 12th. Although the Dragon Ball Room falls under the umbrella of the rights division, its section chief Akio Iyoku also serves as editor-in-chief of V-Jump, where the Dragon Ball Super manga (the original story of which is overseen by Toriyama) is serialized. Iyoku says that, “in practical terms you can think of it as handling both the rights and editing. It’s a new experiment to have a department that only thinks about Dragon Ball.”

would be nice to have a good adult Mai figure.
Doesn't matter if it's the DB or Super version.
she never really got a good one

He says it in the battle of gods movie.

Are you illiterate?

Dragon Ball Room isn't going to "disempower" Toei, the studio is still entirely free to adapt Toriyama's outlines in any way they want and there has been no indication whatsoever that the Room intends to limit them in any capacity.

What it means, directly, is that Toriyama needs fresh blood to help him flesh out the series because he's getting too fucking lazy to do it on his own. It means they're expanding the franchise.

don't remember him saying anything besides mentioning 12 universes and Whis being stronger. Nothing about no 9th

No one.

are you illiterate? it literally says " the Dragon Ball Room falls under the umbrella of the rights division" “in practical terms you can think of it as handling both the rights and editing. It’s a new experiment to have a department that only thinks about Dragon Ball.”
It's so Toei can't go around thinking they run shit with their low quality trash and think they own the IP.

>it literally says " the Dragon Ball Room falls under the umbrella of the rights division" “in practical terms you can think of it as handling both the rights and editing. It’s a new experiment to have a department that only thinks about Dragon Ball.”

This has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

Toei still has the rights to adapt the franchise their way. There hasn't been even the slightest hint that that's going to change for them.

A rights division doesn't dictate how anime studios oversee their own adaptations of the source material, it just dictates who the rights-holders are.

They can do whatever they want with the anime Toriyama couldn't care less

He cares and he publicly trashed the anime this year.

fuck

>tfw spent almost $200 on dragon stones trying to pull Super Vegito and only got shitty dupes

For those who don't understand what this announcement means, I'll spell it out for you:

Dragon Ball is getting ready to become another Star Wars. And that's not even remotely a good thing.

>Toei still has the rights to adapt the franchise their way.
of course they do, but now the power is back in Jump and Shueisha's hands and the the chain of commands is back in order.
This is clearly directed at the fact that Toriyama publicly shamed Toei for their low quality and by putting emphasis on the manga department, they will increase the overall quality of Toei forcing them to replicate the manga which is going to be ahead again.
This undoubtedly makes the manga branch of the Dragon Ball franchise in power like it was in the past once again. Toei can't run around thinking they're the top dogs that employs Toriyama.

he specifically stated it falls under rights and to "optimize content", that means anime will finally get to step up their game by creating source manga material that the tv show can replicate. Toriyama was too easy going on Toei and now he's displeased with the show's quality. When they state Optimize Content they're referring to the anime adaptation being forced to reflect off the manga.

I'm pretty sure the episode will finish with Goku's Kamehameha from the preview, and that beam will do something to Zamatwo.

Where?

No he doesn't.

raw translations from chapter 17

If GT and Super are any indcation...they can't do a single goddamned thing worth a fuck with this.

DB will be dead as an IP due too mismanagement.

The [Dragon Ball Room] is specifically dedicated to quality control so Toei can't run the franchise into the ground.
They're literally here to prevent another GT from happening by letting Toei run amok.

where were all the threads anons?

They might as well replace Super with reruns of DBZ or Kai. It's amazing how Toei didn't learn from their previous mistake GT. The manga sucks too since it's just traced DB/DBZ panels with Toriyama's poorly thought out God shit

>not liking super

neck yourself

>They're literally here to prevent another GT from happening

To be honest I'd take another GT over Super any day, as in good ideas and bad to okay execution than bad ideas and mediocre to terrible execution.

>The manga sucks too since it's just traced DB/DBZ panels with Toriyama's poorly thought out God shit
Yeah I love how they traced that old Mario Kart panel m I rite?

What the fuck are you talking about?

There IS NO "chain of command", Toei is nothing more than an animation studio. They derive their content from what they get, which in this case happens to be Toriyama's (possibly vague) scripts. The manga getting ahead of the anime again MIGHT allow the manga's plot to exert more influence over the anime's adaptations, but it doesn't actually inhibit Toei's rights, contracts, or the way they choose to adapt the material.

well lucky for us we don't have to choose between the lesser of two evils. This is about Toriyama creating his overseen canon source material that the tv show can adapt. What Toei lacks is direction and vision. The studio is nothing without a source material to replicate.

This room practically confirms DBS will be well over 100 episodes, right? I don't see them stopping if it's got a decent cashflow.