Are diet drinks better for you than non-diet?

Are diet drinks better for you than non-diet?

Drinking cyanide is better than drinking normal soda. We should all drink cyanide.

Both are bad.

I don't touch diet shit. Especially with aspartame. Shit makes my heart act weird and gives me headaches. Other "sweeteners" have weird tastes that I don't enjoy.

Sugar is far better.

Assuming were talking using them as a rare treat

>Are diet drinks better for you than non-diet?
Don't know but they sure don't taste as fun... and in the end that's what matters.

Yes they're better. They won't make you fat by themselves but I've read they cause cravings for real sugar. But if you're a soda addict then they're a better alternative if you're trying to wean yourself off. Flavored seltzer is better though.

yes

diet dr pepper master race

no
read dr.Fung's work.

I'm not twelve, so I don't drink sodas.

And neither should you.

No. Artificial sweetener rots your brain. Sugar rots your teeth and makes you fat. Drink filtered water.

Sugar powers most of your gated channels, too.

Is there actually any credible research that indicates that diet soda is dangerous or are anti-dieters the new anti-vaxxers?

>Drink filtered water.
Sounds boring, I want to drink stuff which is good fun for my mouth.

I like water

If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand it on an adult level anyways.

Big man in the house. I bet you graduated to pull-ups recently too.

Is it the Illuminati?

Look up the effects of Aspartame on the body. It's a nerve venom

you should be able to use your common sense if you have any to know that any man made chemical isn't 100% safe to ingest. we didn't evolve to consume artificial sweeteners and preservatives. we evolved to eat fresh food and drink water.

if you want to be simple about it, just accept that sweeteners are unnatural as fuck, those chemicals do not exist outside of a laboratory. That should really be enough to tell you if your body is going to be affected by it. It also primes your digestive system into expecting sugar and ultimately makes you hungrier.

Aspartame apparently causes weight gain out of thin air. This stuff is magic.

Yes. Aspartame is an inversion of the idea of spiritual fullness. It tickles your nerves but ultimately leaves you unsatiated. Very Rosicrucian in nature.

Zero sodas are the only acceptable sodas.

It messes with your metabolism mate

Don't drink soda retard

>your metabolism mate

>metabolism
O great here we go again, what does it do exactly?

nope they rely on sweeteners as well, either drink full sugar sodas infrequently or don't touch them.

Trump drinks diet so yeah

La Croix is the Patrician's choice.

Frog water is infinitely better.

It sends a signal to your GI system that there's incoming carbohydrate molecules. When they don't reach your small intestine, your metabolic rate plummets because of how the hormone cascade governs your energy use/production/storage. It's pretty simple stuff if you understand basic neurobio

The chemical as i will quote the other user so u don't repeat the same thing It messes up most of the balances with your stomach. Either way the chemical is venomous for your brain nerves too if consumed in too large proportions

Almost nothing you consume is natural or 100% safe (and aren't you just making the "appeal to nature" fallacy?)

So far everything I've found indicates that in non-absurd doses aspartame doesn't do shit to your long-term health.

Why do you ignorant nignogs feel the need to embarrass yourself fumbling to describe layman-tier concepts

>this
Too

What improvement do you think you made with this comment? Making me feel bad?

That said, this does appear to be true. Of course, there's a simple fix for that if you're intent on drinking diet soda -- have some self-control.

But will I die if I drink it? Will I magically gain weight if I drink it and not binge eat after like some stupid cunt? If it's a no then its automatically better than non-diet that's filled with sugar.

>Almost nothing you consume is natural or 100% safe

I only eat vegetables, fruit and meat. all of which have been consumed since the dawn of mankind, in one form or other. and I only drink water for the most part.

Well keep consuming diet products with Aspartame and Sucralose regularly if you want to then. Don't come bitching afterwards

>I like water
Nobody asked you turtle boy.

No

I just find Sup Forumss tendency to speaks on things they don't fully understand frustrating.

Drink water and non soda beverages, If you want caffeine coffee is the way, if you want a sweet drink then make some kompot or buy juice

Yeah literally poisoning your body with aspartame is healthier than poisoning your body with corn syrup.

Its not a magic effect l, stop trying to ridicule. Its about how regular your intake of it is. Stop drinking soda over all if you actually care

Both are pretty bad.

Oh boy, i can't discuss something i know a little about because theres an invisible knowledge requirement to be eligible? Give me a break

>playing bait and switch with your endocrine system is the better choice

I need a mixer that doesn't kill you in some manner for jack daniels

Good for you. Ignoring the fact that almost none of our produce and meat is grown or raised without some unnatural supplementation, congrats! You're still gonna die about the same age as everyone else whether you do or don't drink diet soda.

do you want cancer or diabetes?

What the burger is saying is either explain it properly or not at all. If you can't, then don't.

>Don't come bitching afterwards
No one ever has

Why strain to explain something simple that you don't actually understand? Discussion is one thing but you look like you've got extra chromosomes trying to teach on it.

it's called explanation, if we started talking about receptors in the villium and the alpha-beta complex being altered by chloryl groups it'd hardly relate to what was asked regarding metabolism.

Good thing the burger added to the discussion then.
If you agree with what you just said see

Here's a simple explanation that gets at the point concisely while allowing for intelligent questions:
It's not quarks and gluons, user.

It's not about when I will or won't die. it's about how good I feel now not consuming a bunch of crap. also not all meats are raised in the US with your GM corn feed and stuff, other countries have better standards for meat and poultry. In future I plan to grow my own vegetables which will eliminate pesticides and stuff, raise my own chickens for meat and fresh unadulterated eggs. the only thing I can't do is raise cattle, but I can choose to buy cattle from better sources.

Nothing wrong with a bit of techno jargon. Alpha receptors interacting with salbutamol is good shit.

I find it subtly positive that you care about presentation in others stead. Please, tell me which parts i wrote that were wrong, or perhaps badly worded