Watched seven episodes

>watched seven episodes
this was perhaps the most mediocre series I have ever watched in my entire life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q68Jsn3V3zA
youtube.com/watch?v=MlREr9QXh-Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Then go back to your slice of life garbage.

>expecting every casual's AOTS to be good
???

Watched it to completion. It's basically a baby's first anime, people harp on about its themes like they're somehow deep and complex when it doesn't touch on anything that hasn't been addressed in other, better anime while not making up for this in originality, animation, writing, characters, world building, etc. It's just more overhyped mediocrity praised by low powerlevel faggots who are overly eager to hop on the dick of something. 5/10, you have better shows to watch off your backlog.

Name something better, oh yeah you are too afraid. Hit and run autists.

You can harp on about how mediocre it is, but anime as a media is mediocre.

Over-hyped and overrated? Absolutely, but still much better than 90% of the anime in circulation.

>people harp on about its themes like they're somehow deep and complex

>You can harp on about how mediocre it is, but anime as a media is mediocre.
Nice logic leap there.

>it's an user judges a show from x episodes episode

>watched seven episodes
>the most mediocre series I have ever watched in my entire life.

But you didn't watch it.

Can you list some arguments. I want to convince my friend which loves this anime.

youtube.com/watch?v=q68Jsn3V3zA

>people harp on about its themes like they're somehow deep and complex

Are you just shitposting and acting retarded? Not even normalfags or MAL users equate Re zero to a complex work of art.

youtube.com/watch?v=MlREr9QXh-Q
Something about rezero being a brilliant meta commentary on otakus and a character study at the same time.

How does it feel to be wrong user?

Why is there no actual criticism for this show, people call it shit or mediocre but the most you can say is shit like Subaru is annoying when that's the point.

Maybe this shit just wasn't for you, sit down and think about why you didn't like it and come back with actual criticism. You're far more annoying than the people who love the show at least they can explain why.

Why don't you just let him enjoy it instead of being autistic?

I feel bad for your shit taste!

>most mediocre
What did he mean by this? Does he think that mediocre means bad?

Literally SAO for the reddit fedora tipper twitter normalfag crowd

>newfags are trying to fit in by hating Re:zero

Oh boy

Then you must not have watched more than 20 shows in your life.

>getting your opinion from fucking youtube anime reviewers
Re:Zero haters in a nutshell. Bunch of mindless children who hate things to fit in with other mindless children who hate things to fit in.

>much better than 90% of the anime in circulation

Why are all made up stats 90%? "this game is better than 90% of all the games out there", "this movie is better than 90% of all other movies out right now"

I wonder what your calculation was like for you to reach the number 90. Also why would naming something better prove anything? If someone said Evangelion is better than Re Zero it doesn't really affect either show's quality and would only cause the fanbases to shitpost. Or the usual "i-it's subjective1!" Why did you get so butthurt about one anime that you think the entire medium is mediocre? Which is in itself, subjective.

You got it wrong buttblasted shiteater-kun. I formed my opinion on it after seeing two episodes and it was obviously a derivative LN garbage. I just posted that video save time. The source of arguments is irrelevant for their validity anyway.

>Why are all made up stats 90%
Sturgeon's law.

You only know the contents of that video because you watched it, because you're a massive fucking faggot who watches anime reviews on youtube.

Would you care to explain why hearing an argument on youtube is different than reading it on Sup Forums? Calling me a faggot for it really doesn't tell me anything.

It says something about you as a person, which directly translates to the quality of your opinions.

You literally watched 2 episodes of Re:Zero, thought to yourself "man this sucks", then proceeded to look up Re:Zero reviews on youtube until you found one that shared your opinion because you're too insecure to hold an independent opinion, obviously because your opinions are shit.

>perhaps the most mediocre series I have ever watched
As boring as it was, you still sound like a newfag.
Watch more than 10 anime then come back.

So you are still telling us that you forge your opinion based on what you read/hear from others. In other words, you're a malleable faggot with no personality and no true opinion. Therefore, it's worthless.

Next.

I want this to be a new pasta

Should I watch this? I didn't watch anything last season

I've watched the show before waifu posting and muh brilliant deconstruction of isekai shitposting were even a thing. I've expressed my opinions right away here but fighting the waves gets boring fast. Anyway all of that makes no difference to the validity of the opinions themselves, just like your name calling.

Is what the guy says about rezero true? Yes it is, which makes his opinions the opposite of a shit. The fact that it originates form youtube is completely inconsequential.

Just because your favorite youtube anime reviewer agrees with you doesn't make his or your opinion any less shit. Go back to whatever shitty forum you crawled out of.

Most of the stuff he says about the show are factually true. An individual agreeing or disagreeing with facts make no difference to what they are. You can agree of disagrees whether they make or break the show though. That's why I used the term shiteater to refer to you earlier as you seem to like the show despite it's very easily questionable quality.

Even SAO was better.

>mfw I haven't watched SAO or Rezero
>SAO has yuki kajiura but Re zero is made by Katanagatari

This can go either way

Autists on Sup Forums do.

It gets worse

I really liked the first arc.
Everything was great.
But i quickly fell apart once he arrived at the mansion and it did not get better after that.
First arc 9/10
The rest: 5.5/10

I enjoyed it a lot. One of the better time related anime and probably the best fantasy/rpg setting.

If people say it's bad, what anime do you guys like more than this in both of those two areas?

Don't be stupid. Re:Zero was a fun ride but it's not a "good" anime. It's one of those shows with overall very few qualities but with an entertainment value that goes off the charts.

I guess this is a quality itself, perhaps.

what in the fuck is a good anime? what the fuck Sup Forums?

If people say it's bad, what anime do you guys like more than this in both of those two areas?
what anime do you guys like more than this in both of those two areas?

Berserk, Rage of Bahamut, Escaflowne are way better fantasies than rezero. There just isn't a good fantasy/rpg anime out there. Whatever fantasy/rpg is supposed to mean anyway.

Well maybe .hack//sign could count as a good fantasy/rpg if it was half the length and had a more conclusive ending.

Re zero is top anime of all time for me. Anime people claim to be superior are lacking 1 or more of the following elements that made re zero good, or simply are not doing their own things well enough to outshine re zero.

-awesome soundtrack
-awesome soundtrack
-awesome soundtrack yes I needed to add that 3 times because of just how much it matters.
-Actually using your soundtrack instead of being quiet and boring the majority of the time
-Premise, questions and shit to think about / look forward to (who is this satella? how will other characters react to knowing he has this ability? will he/they survive? what is this witch cult?...)
-normal and wild character expressions (LOTGH stone faces please go away, even moeblobs seem more human)
-dramatic voice acting
-shit hits the fan scenes with epic music and crazy character expressions
-hints at it's setting, to make it seem as though the story and it's participant's is part of a larger picture
-drama is justified, or at the very least understandable
-Unrestricted story that can go in many directions(most shows are content being like "this is what I am" in the first few episodes and sticking to it, but re zero is not afraid to go other places as seen in the differences between its 3 arcs)
-relatively non-intrusive moe pandering and "pretty colors"
-Great ops and eds
-oh right that otaku theme thing everyone makes a big deal about because they want to feel "deep" for liking re zero.

definitely possible to make an anime better than re zero but I have yet to see one.

For starters, Subaru may be a pretty good MC (I mean shit, he's actually on the side of the best MCs I've seen so far) but he's pretty inconsistent with his decisions and doesn't make sense sometimes (why the fuck would he run away from dying if it lets him save Rem? Why wouldn't he abuse his power? (okay, this one can be explainable but it's pretty far-fetched) Why the fuck doesn't he try to learn more about the world? Why doesn't he simply run away to avoid all of this shit? etc.).
Also, the world-building is literally axed around making Subaru suffer. There's no balance, no actual realism (perhaps except the part where they go back to the capital) it's literally the fanfic of a sadist who's dead set into making his protag suffer. There's no hidden meaning, no actual thought put into it, it's purely goreservice for the sake of it.
I have tried to read the LN (albeit a translation because my moon doesn't allow me to read this yet) and the writing is catastrophic. Like, I have actually never read something THIS bad.
The characters are cookie cutter and there's a lot of waifu service as well. They aren't very endearable (perhaps except Rem who ends up being actually pretty adorable as time goes by).
There are also tons of unresolved elements and plots ends that never got tied up because "HUEHUE BUY LN".

On the plus side, the overall production is pretty nice, with a pretty good OST, good direction on many scenes, and I daresay the pacing is also quite good BECAUSE of its slow pace that really makes you feel the amount of time built up to then be undone because Subaru fucked up.

>abusing an ability you don't know the limits to

After he gets eaten alive by ass rabbits (allegedly his worst death through the entire series) and has a chat with a witch about the probable source and limits of his ability, he basically vows to abuse the everliving fuck out of it.

The gore is there to add impact, and try to bring us a little closer to the suffering that subaru goes through, so him being afraid of death seems more relateable to us.
They also establish in the second arc that Subaru does not want to waste his lives because of the suffering he and the people around him may have to endure. Given the presence this witch has I would not want to abuse the power either, though whether subaru thinks this is not made clear in the anime.

I guess it's nice to praise an artist for adding whatever you mean by qualities, tho I do have a feeling, but in the end entertainment should be all that matters to the viewer, unless of course you find any of those qualities entertainment in themselves.

You didn't even make it to episode 15. That one episode did horror better than most full horror anime does – a shame, but, oh well. I know you want to keep to your contrarian ways so continue to dislike Re:Zero.

Another thread of "i pick the most popular anime of the season/year, say that i watch x episodes and say that is shit"
Maybe is a bad series for some people, but to say that is the worst series that you watch in your entire life means that you need to watch more anime, there are worst series that don't have a plot or the plot is shit, is full of asspulls in every episode, have a inconclusive ending,full of QUALITY, see Mahou Sensou, Glasslip, Arcana familia, dragon ball GT, Gundou musashi, and various more.

>Not pasta
Time to get to work.

I believe its greatest strength is the emotion: despair, the absolute defeat of the the MC just when he thinks he got it correctly this time. His ability is obscenely powerful, but it is not a win button. Very weak character actually, no beam blasts to tear through enemies, main ways to win is through forging alliances with other characters. He actually suffers in his losses, and even ends up giving it all up due to it being too insufferable.

Not the perfect anime by any means however. I say this is not a fantasy/rpg anime, more a of emotional anime, and if the scenarios dont invoke any emotion than it will be guaranteed to end up disliking it. I hated the first 2 episodes actually, but the mansion pulled me in with each defeat.

Rem is however pandering of the highest order. Waifu-bait if you will. Wish fulfillment incarnate. Its simple if this character doesnt appeal to your pathos then you will not like it at all. no emotional investment =/= no enjoyment. thats really what the series is.

Name something better, oh yeah you are too afraid. Hit and run autists.
You can harp on about how mediocre it is, but anime as a media is mediocre.
Over-hyped and overrated? Absolutely, but still much better than 90% of the anime in circulation.

>Most of the stuff he says about the show are factually true

You have no merit to even discuss it intelligently if you didnt finish the piece of fiction you watched in the first place. If you dropped it then fine nobody will force you to watch through shit you dont like.

But how could you even know that if you NEVER watched the show in its entirety? You just formulate opinions because some mainstream media told you what to think? you cannot even debate about its faults when you have no ability or conclusions to create the opinion you so ostensibly claim to have in the first place. No copy pasting from youtube or some other anime reviewer is not your opinion, its just the perspective you agree with. If you take their claims as your own then you are stealing their opinion, and why do that? Opinions are shit in the first place. its not about right or wrong, you just simply have no way to back up your claims in first place.

> 2 episodes
nobody will force you to go through 23 more episodes. but the fact you are even arguing about the shows merits/faults is hilarious. if its shit then say you dont like it like this:
>i dont get how you niggers like this shit fuck Sup Forums
thats fine your opinion, but dont act like you can even take part in a debate when you have no coherency to pick apart its faults, solely because you have no reasoning to base your opinions on due to not finishing the show. those first two episodes are not like the rest of the show btw, while the save/reloads are the very base of the show, how he loses is truly what carries the narrative in the first place.

This is a good meme.

>But how could you even know that if you NEVER watched the show in its entirety?
Because I seen hundreds of anime and even some with similar trappings as rezero. I knew how it would play out and a lot of people, not just the video, confirmed it. After seeing how the first arc was resolved entirely through plot connective is all I really needed to know it's not going to be a show. And as far as psychological elements are concerned the fact that it's a LN speaks volumes for the quality of the execution.

>i dont get how you niggers like this shit fuck Sup Forums
Fist who are you quoting and second, Sup Forums is really really far from unanimously liking rezero.

I admit my hypocrisy though. But that doesn't make me wrong about rezero.

Some show start with a great/ interesting arc, after they become generic and boring, other series start with a generic arc, but after become great/ interesting, also you words meant that you only need to watch one type of genre to understand all the series of the same genre, so if you watch one gundam series, that meant that all the other gundams series are predicable?

what do you mean plot connective? google gives me nothing. is it another word for plot convenience?

just wait the year it takes for everyone to forget this show...

It's not so much about predictability as it is about quality of execution being apparent from the start. It's true that lot of shows with a promising starts fizzle out as they go along but I've never came across a show that would start out tropey and with a contrived narrative progression only to do a 180 and become amazing later. But in general, everything that can easily be divided into arcs tends to be weak overall.

Well no, you need to see quite a few shows from a genre to be able to judge one after a few episodes. More important than the number of shows of a certain genre is the variety and quality of those shows. Basically you need to watch most of the good ones, a few bad ones and a few mediocre one to establish a frame of reference That being said lot of elements of a fictional work aren't that genre specific anyway. Complex characters with meaningful progression are not much different in a action adventure compared to characters with the same quality of writing in a mecha. The same applies to theme handling as it can be equally shallow in a serious drama as in a gag comedy. Plot and narrative work the same way.A plot hole is a plot hole no matter the genre, victimising is victimizing, same goes for overblown drama that happens because of characters stupidity, same thing with events playing out in a contrived way, same with the character motivations and plot continuity making no sense.

> plot connective
I meant to write plot convenience.

Only seven?
That's a shame.

see a lot of threads in Sup Forums
decide to watch the show
first 4 episodes were good because ara araa
next episodes were like watching cringeworthy fanfiction over fanfiction, expecting something towards the end, a plotwist... something!
asking to myself why this big turd is everywhere in the internet, remember steins;gate. fuck, kids these days.

The anime adaptation is shit. Go read the novels.

There was supposed to be something that happens at episode 25 but whitefox pussied out because they wanted a "happy ending"

the show feels kind of edgy

like episode 15, just what is the point of all that suffering?

Subaru kinda brought all of that on himself desu

would have been rushed as fuck if they went further, whitefox made the right call.

Literally could have just added one line of Emilia saying "Who's Rem?" and they would have got it in the bag

Reccomend a good show user. I liked this show for what it was, but if it's actually horrible, I'm sure your recommendation will change my opinion on anime forever!

Because its reddit tier trash. By the first 4 episodes you can tell its another SAO harem powerfantasy

point of suffering was to break subaru and to justify that to the viewers. Subaru had gotten cocky after arc 2 so that cockiness needed to be broken, which also allowed for glorious episode of rem getting him to pull himself together.

In universe it was about showing the brutality of the witch cult and when bete was torturing subaru and rem it was in order to get a response from him as he could see through his "insanity".

you cant just add who's rem? out of no where without rushing it and making it unnatural. It would have needed at least another minute to shift the conversation without seeming weird, and even then it would be weird because Subaru pursuing the both of them was never made clear in anime the same way it was in novel due to skipped scenes.

Are we watching the same show user?

>skipped scenes

This is why there will never be a second season

I wish people actually talk about why a show sucks or why i doesn't in detail instead of calling each other faggots for making a simple statement

>After seeing how the first arc was resolved entirely through plot convenience

Reinhard showing up is technically plot convience but the way it was done meant it worked pretty well anyway. First Subaru meets reinhard earlier on in the alley, so he becomes a known character rather than just showing up out of nowhere. 2nd Felt escaping and running into him explains how he was able to find the loot house. 3rd having gone through his first 3 deaths, the 2 battles with Elsa and saving Emilia at the end makes it seem as though Subaru has gone through a lot to get that outcome, hence it does not seem like things were conveniently resolved out of nowhere, even if technically it was all due to Reinhard.

The effort Subaru puts in is what matters, not seeing him finding a smart way to resolve a mystery or being a strong impressive fighter or whatever way you might have imagined him being able to resolve things.

Subaru has mutliple scenes throughout the show where he highlights how he really did not do anything, but still gets recognition because people were there with him seeing the effort and difference he did, even if he could only have done what he did by relying on others.

The things that were skipped in regards to Rem can easily be added in later through flashbacks, in the 1st or 2nd episode of a potential second season.