How do we beat kyoani

How do we beat kyoani

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/wvulcn.webm
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't try to beat them, strive to be like them.

>people standing still slightly moving their arms and fingers
>lens flare fools idiots into thinking the animation is amazing

What ambitious animation. Maybe someday kyoani can make something as good as 1994 Disney animations.

>1994
You should mention Disney's work from the 40s and 50s if you really wanted to make a point.

>lens flare
I really wish KyoAni dropped that, it drives me crazy.

Fucking DOF everywhere...

It's more cinematic that way.

What ENB did they use?

>How do we beat adobe after effects overusage?

In a way it's all about eye candy these days with KyoAni.

This 2bqh, bottom has much better animation.

>bottom has much better animation.
How? There's less nuance in the movements during instrument playing .

All this shows is that Kyoani has a better sense of shot composition. They're going for a more cinematic feel while that other show is just doing a straight anime(think TV) feel. Too many mid shots in the bottom one, too much of a focus on faces rather than more interesting things.

You need to update it with the seven and a half minute performance we just got in the last episode.

a.pomf.cat/wvulcn.webm

If Kyoani actually animated something that's visually interesting or something with more dynamic movements I think that would be great.

Adding lens flare on the most generic moeblobs of all time and having them do mundane ordinary things is still generic moeblobs doing mundane ordinary things no matter how flashy they make it.

WOW user, LENS FLARE AND BLOOM WAT THE FUCK!!!! SO GOOOOOOD
SLIGHTLY MOVING FINGERS AND ARMS WTF!!!!!

The butthurt in this thread is off the charts. You'd think several Anons hear actually worked for P.A. Works.

Right, because a trombone tilting up and down is so terribly interesting. Take away the lens flare and the yellow filter and all that's left is static images and zero effort.

>"if someone doesn't like what I like, they're butthurt"

I don't see what this has to do with animation but hey ad hominems are usually used by intelligent people right?

kyoani has been shit for years now

To be fair, watching symphonic musicians play is probably one of the dullest things in existence unless it's something like the first violin during a solo part.

god damn kyoani is masterful

It's a good and pretty detailed depiction of instrument animation in TV anime. Just because animation isn't flashy doesn't mean it isn't worthy of praise. Creating believable subtle motion is something that tends to go under-appreciated by most viewers unfortunately.

I understand both sides, kyoanifags love the lens flare and the subtle movements. And others don't think it's anything special because nothing interesting or impressive is happening. But is this thread gonna happen everyday? for what purpose. Is OP a falseflagger that wants people to talk shit about kyoani or is actually a fanboy of kyoani. Mysteries

If I were to show that webm to a completely unbiased normalfag who's never watched an anime in their life, do you honestly think there's a believable chance they'd say, "yes, the bottom looks better."?

Subtle motion is good, but then again, in the context of the animation posted, nothing really special. Most slice of life shows tend to have these because they're animating simple things, compared to other flashy over the top anime which have huge movements

Thats just stupid user

If I were to show SAO and Evangelion to a completely unbiased normalfag who's never watched an anime in ther life, do you honestly think there's a believable chance they'd say, "yes, Evangelion made more fun, Is better, is ....

Normalfags are easily distracted by flashy lights.

It would be really funny if it had sound and the two were playing at the same time

But I didn't say the bottom looked better. I didn't even say what I thought of either animation yet. I'm just saying the logic of "everyone who disagrees with me is butthurt" is dumb.

Thats like saying, 12 year old kids love the new COD because it is flashy and fast and cool, so it must be good

No matter what he says how is a random normalfag's opinion so important?

Sure it's not some incredible 10/10 sakuga sequence, but it's still a noteworthy sequence for depicting instrument playing well. How many SOL anime put that much effort into instrument detail and performance? Also, the depiction of subtle movements isn't as easy as many of us might think, especially when striving to capture the illusion of life. Many little gestures that we take for granted can be unnatural in animation if not done right and in the end, it's the adding up of the fine details that gives the overall product polish.

I think that both are largely unexceptional and that people should probably pick fights over more interesting things in the first place.

I wouldn't call it dumb, I am just saying that opinions from people that don't know anything about that topic are pretty much worthless

>the logic of "everyone who disagrees with me is butthurt"
How in the world did you get that from my first post?
It had up until now been my only post in the thread.

That would be as if you just told me that my claim that the sky was falling was stupid, and I exclaimed, "Stop calling everything you don't agree with stupid!"

I think you're dumb.

I'm starting to get a better understanding of the people whom I'm arguing with.

I'm just saying "people can't disagree with me or they're butthurt" is very dumb logic. And it's pretty much impossible to determine how much each user knows about the topic and how much they have to know to have an opinion that counts. Since that standard is yours, and is completely subjective.

Don't even bother. Anti-KyoAnifags are beyond comprehension.

must have mistaken you for

That was me.

The point still stands.

Why do you assume people who aren't impressed by that one animation are "Anti-KyoAnifags"? It's possible to not like one thing from a show you like, it's possible to like a studio and still admit something from them isn't impressive.

Because you assume people are butthurt for having opinions, which is pretty dumb since that applies to you too.

Guns, fire, poison & diseases.

Always works.

PURE KINO

I agree, it's good. But people constantly making threads about it asking "how do we beat this" when the actual movement animation isn't really all that impressive causes some people to call out how unimpressive it actually is. I wonder if this thread is gonna be a constant thing on par with "everyday until you like it"

With that worthless-thin, That wasn't meant for other Anons but for
> If I were to show that webm to a completely unbiased normalfag

You cannot beat GodAni.

>Because you assume people are butthurt for having opinions
You're still speaking in some sort of general sense that I can't begin to comprehend. It's important to understand that I didn't call you butthurt just because you have an opinion different from mine. Can you understand that?

Fuck off JJ Abrams

KYOANI LITERALLY CANNOT BE STOPPED

KYOANI WINS AGAIN

Great reply.

>Most slice of life shows tend to have these because they're animating simple things
Most mundane comedy/drama shows have merely functional animation at best. They're animating simple things, but they're generally not doing it particularly well. HaruChika is closer than the average quality of shows like that than Eupho is.

What do you mean beat them? Just let them create their original stuff and have them burn themselves to the ground.

who hurt you?

>People unironically think Kyoani isn't the best actual animation talent in the anime industry

Artist. KyoAni literally shits on everything, they are the only studio that consistently can deliver high-end anime film level quality in normal episodes like its nbd. Composition is stellar, animation is stellar, coloring is stellar. There's nothing about the art side of KyoAni in things like Hibike that is anything short of exceptional.

Silver Link also produces some stellar anime.

The shot of Ribbons and Natsuki is almost like post coitus.

this

FINDS

Look, There's nothing special about it (animation wise).

>Muh filter & post production effects
Pic related.
Other big studio can do that if they want to, you know. But, for what though?

>blur and lens flare
>WOW LOOK AT ALL THIS SUPERB ANIMATION

don't you get bored of playing dumb?

don't you get bored of sucking kyoanus?

>playing

Cool 2 second loop, aniki.

Seriously, what's the point of making a webm of this?

Find me an animation studio actually better than KyoAni. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Shaft. Too easy.

>Shaft
shaft is good, not kyoani level good.

Is Production IG still alive?

This, KyoAnus has no creativity or variety whatsoever.

Both are shit.

>Is Production IG still alive?
Too bad. They're getting bigger.

Don't wanted to. Don't care. Just leave them alone in their own world.

You don't. Let them continue producing the exact same thinly-veiled moeshit, with the exact same artistic style and approach year-after-year, and enjoy the occasional decent show sprinkled in there, whilst letting retards eat up the mounds of shite.

>projecting
>hear

>KyoAnus has no variety
>three of shart's shitshows has the same character on the poster
>five of them are called the same thing

They both suck
You grow out of KyoAnus when you turn 15, and you grow out of Shart when you can buy beer

To think that Kyoani's younger talents are the ones responsible for this episode. I guess their future is pretty much secured.

>KyoAnus has no variety
Yes. SoL story from school A, SoL story from school B, and School C. Oh look, SoL story from School D.
>five of them are called the same thing
Reina 1, Reina 2, Mio 1, Mio 2, Mai 1, Mai 2, Yuko 1, Yuko 2.

That's nice and all, very impressive.
But boring as shit.

Bless GodAni.

>Yes. SoL story from school A, SoL story from school B, and School C. Oh look, SoL story from School D.

As opposed to:
>Gatari-shit A, Gatari-shit B, Gatari-shit C, Gatarishit D, Gatari-shit E

They're both one-dimensional one-trick ponies with about as much creativity as a DeviantArt fanfiction writer.

>gifs
>2016

Get along with the times pal, and let obsolete technologies rest in peace.

>Comparing a franchise and its sequels with multiple franchises with the same shit theme.
You're very smart, aren't you?

>comparing a shit franchise with the same shit theme to multiple shit franchises with the same shit theme

Different turds, same flavour.
>You're very smart, aren't you?
>defending SHART
You're clearly not.

Kyoto Animation have a history of depicting impressive musical performances, from way back in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya through K-ON! and beyond, but this was still a jaw-dropping feat of technical and dramatic invention. Fluidly animating even a few cuts of character motion generally marks a show as possessing “solid animation” - this was a ten minute performance featuring dozens of individual characters, ridiculous 2D mechanical work, and constant cuts between a wide array of specific actors.

I wonder if Rapeakan liked the episode.

Hahaha what the christ.

He wasn't saying it should be a gif, he was saying that it shouldn't exist at all.

nothing screams "I don't give a fuck about this medium or the fan base" louder than this

You couldn't do a Mio 1, Mio 2 because you know that Gatari characters are unique.

I usually like Shaft but holy fucking hell this is atrocious.

I don't think that's a far comparison because PA literally put no effort into that show which was basically a rip off of Hibike.
Kyoani does better with brass band performances and PA does better with rock band performances.

it's was a cute ova