Democracy and human rights were a mistake

Democracy and human rights were a mistake

discuss

True

you're off by 30

Shame you could've hit some sick Hitler quints.

> He says while using a platform only allowed or in existence because of free speech

freedom of speech is neither derived from democracy nor a positivist human right by nature

>Take away all of OPs rights
>"Waaaah waaaah, I take it all back!"

Shills starting stupid threads, kys.
Sage.

Freedom is overrated.

Freedom of speech is derived from a state tolerant enough to allow it.
Nobody in their right fucking mind would want to live in an authoritarian hellhole which heavily restricted free speech.

'human rights' for some reason keeps meaning give Jews and muslims money and healthcare

It's really funny because that modern german is exactly that.

i would gladly give up my free speach for a chance to cleanse the world of all the human garbage like liberals or jews

Yes, and it would be much better if it didn't restrict free speech.
Not only that, but restrictions on free speech in any Western country pale in comparison to anything done in actual authoritarian countries like China or the former USSR.

Except for the fact free speech has nothing to do with democracy. Any shitty political asshole can push for "hatespeech" at any givin' time.

> Except for the fact free speech has nothing to do with democracy.
Name a single country with a large degree of political freedom and freedom of speech which is not largely democratic.

the idea of "free speech" is not dependent on any statist entity to exist, otherwise all non-implemented ideologies would disappear.

Isn't democracy some form of dictatorship too?
"The majority is always right". Fuck, 65% of the brazilian population has a double digit IQ how the fuck they are supposed to choose a future for the country.
A centralized "benevolent" government is the best thing a dumb and poor country like us can aim for.

You're missing the point. I'm saying any retard can be elected and happily destroy free speech. Remember what happened to Canada?

All freedoms to an extent derive from a state tolerant enough to allow them.
The more tolerant a state is the more freedom it allows and the more individual freedom its citizens will enjoy/have.

Well Canada still /largely/ has free speech even if they've retardedly/cuckily chose to limit it in certain domains unfortunately.
Even in that case the best you can do is enact a large system of checks and walls protecting fundamental rights/freedoms like the freedom of speech and make them mostly impenetrable from attack or erosion, like the US does.

Real free speech doesn't exist anyway, its all good until someones feelings get hurt, a 'genocide' gets denied, anybody gets accused of disturbing the peace, or gets de-platformed/censored, etc...

What you get is 'zones of free speech' which is a form of restriction. The kind of reasoning behind this would not be too different from a dictatorship forming and using a threat of one kind or another to rationalize banning criticism of whatever is under threat.

Yup. Without democracy hitler couldn't win the election.

Hitler and the NSDAP didn't rise to ultimate power democratically.
Sure, it was one step along the way to gaining absolute power, but they never democratically won a supermajority.

I advise you re-read my post.

It's the idea of free speech, not it's implementation.

You were able to say a lot of things in Hitler's Germany, much more than in modern day Germany. The only thing, and rightly so, that you weren't allowed to disseminate was communism and marxism.

Democracy doesn't work in my country because idiots (90% of the population) keep voting for the wrong person.

Aristotles hated democracy because we elect our leaders among common men,not those who are trained to run a country.

IMO,the islamic shura system is very effective because wise men will choose leaders based on his/her knowledge,discuss about the country's future,and gives advice to the leader.

>free speech has nothing to do with democracy m8

Agreed.

With rights come responsibilities. No one talks about the responsibilities any more. Do you really think the people who won WWII would allow the World to degenerate as it has if they'd known what would happen?

Wasn't Hitler democratically elected?

Yeah. With a major support from women voters. Wrap your head around that.

Look up the century of the self on YouTube. It will tell you how democracy cannot work and the "democracy" we have today is actually just fake democracy, because they use "engineered consent" to continue making you believe you're making your own choices but you're not.

Thank Edward Bernays. Also propaganda was replaced with "public relations" after WW2, because he worked propaganda was considered bad since the Germans used it.

democracy and human rights are in direct conflict with one another and it takes a shitty thinker to conflate the two