Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
djtguide.neocities.org/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

djtguide.neocities.org/anki.html#import
yesjapan.com/video/browse-GK-videos-1-date.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'll ask again, how do I add stuff with Raikasama?

I get this error

WANI

DEATH

寝取られ

Go to your deck and click 'Add' and add a new card manually. Then try again. If that doesn't work post a screenshot of the Add screen.

Open anki. Click on add a card to any deck. On the very top there should be "type". Click on type button. Select the type to match what you configured on rikaisama. Most likely Japanese Copy. Import.

Just ordered a ぞい子 nendo today.

Only one?

Ok, I managed to add but then it doesn't appear in the deck I created.

What's up with that?

Nigga just look for the card on anki browser and figure out which deck it went to.

That's the problem, it went nowhere.
Not even in the "Internet" deck I create for this.

Nevermind, I'm an idiot, I didn't put anything in the card front.

Any idea why it does put the meaning? Or I need to put it on my own?

Type should probably be Japanese 81175 and not Japanese Copy as I said before.

Also make sure you have the deck already opened on anki as you click to import.

I never used this shit before I just tried out now and it works.

KANI

>Japanese 81175
I don't have that.

bunch of new words appeared in kana, common things, はしご, はかり
replace with kanji y/n?

Well then I don't know. Just search the types you DO have till you find one that fits whatever you saved on rikaisama options.

Alternatively, go to rikaisama options and set the types there to whatever fits the type on your anki.

Yeah, I did that. I can import stuff now.

But the meaning doesn't get save, I dunno why.

Nevermind, it works not.

I just copied $d$t$r$t$n from Raikasama site instead of the default one.

Thanks for the help guys.

What do you have on this window?

Personally, I always mine words in kanji and add a note that says "仮名" when it's usually written in kana.

Why is this meme girl being posted all the time

post venn diagrams

yeah im gonna do that now, its not like a few more kanji will hurt and you get the meaning anyway

djtguide.neocities.org/anki.html#import

Sometimes I wonder why we even bother having a guide since apparently nobody reads it.

Sometimes I wonder why do people bother to post if it's just for the sake of being assholes.

Probably because no one ever comes to DJT as complete beginners, and assume anything but the CoR in the guide is basically "Ya begin with da hiroganer and da katanakatanas and then you spend 3 years with geenkiii and shiiiiieet."

Aww, sorry, did I hurt your fee-fees? :(

>Why is this meme being posted all the time
I wonder

The people who read the guide don't ask questions that are answered in it, presumably.

Jesus what a terrible person. No you didn't, it wasn't me who was seeking help with raikasama.

Did you raise yourself or something? To end up like that.

>muh fee fees

Who are you quoting?

You

That was the first time I replied to you, so no, you weren't quoting me. You weren't quoting that other guy, either. Who the fuck, then, are you quoting?

>muh autism

Who are you quoting?

You

Wrong. Who are you quoting?

Stop replying to that guy, he is retarded. I'm sure he is doing his best to behave even though he was raised like shit.

Nani the fuck did you just fucking iimasu about watashi, you chiisai bitch desuka? Watashi’ll have anata know that watashi graduated top of my class in Nihongo 3, and watashi’ve been involved in iroirona Nihongo tutoring sessions, and watashi have over sanbyaku perfect test scores. Watashi am trained in kanji, and watashi is the top letter writer in all of southern California. Anata are nothing to watashi but just another weaboo. Watashi will korosu anata the fuck out with vocabulary the likes of which has never been mimasu’d before on this continent, mark watashino fucking words. Anata thinks anata can get away with hanashimasing that kuso to watashi over the intaaneto? Omou again, fucker. As we hanashimasu, watashi am contacting watashino secret netto of otakus across the USA, and anatano IP is being traced right now so you better junbishimasu for the ame, ujimushi. The ame that korosu’s the pathetic chiisai thing anata calls anatano life. You’re fucking shinimashita’d, akachan.

How do you respond Sup Forums?

わたし わ にほんご わ わかるじゃないよ さみますん

あ。。あなたも。。

I'd ask her why she's using such a bizarre 2nd person pronoun to refer to me

宇宙人だから

ホテル行く?

そうよ!お前の白髪をかぎたい

無理な
笑顔の裏
伸びた影をかくまう
だから
気づかぬふり
再生を選ぶ

nice word, user.

knee hone go wok car raw nigh

This must be the new super progressive kana learning method I've been hearing about

chigaう よ

soんna こto は naい

>my students are braindead retards who can't memorize kana
>let's use romaji in 3 350 page books and teach these retards a few kana at a time
GENIUS

Stop with the George bully guys. He is pretty cool. You can select to disable the progressive shit in the menu for online classes.

You'd have to be disabled in the first place to use JFZ, though.

明るい笑顔と動きやすそうな服装が、元気な性格を強調している。

The やす attached at the end of 動き acts like やすい (易い), correct? So, the whole "動きやすそうな" would translate to something like "it seems easy to move"?

As opposed to what? Tae Kim? It's the same shit man they just teach differently.

drop the i to get the stem then add sou to get ~ish

yes

Yes. I think the translation would be more like "looks like it'd be easy to move in" since it's referring to clothes thoguh

空気を完璧に読めるね

Beginner here, thanks for these images! I'll get started right away.

よ、アノンくん。「スーパーマン」直訳とする「超う男」になれるだね?

>not learning kanji
Maybe if all you want is the speaking form. Personally I like learning kanji since it not only lets you learn vocab but it creates the number of connections between various things. For example the other day someone was talking about 体育の日 and without even knowing what 体育meant I figured it out because I had learned the kanji for education and body weight.

both are pretty shitty imao.

Why not use Genki and then aiatij and tobira?

If you're going to learn the Hirogoranas and Katatafish, make sure to do so progressively. You're bound for deきru.

Will do, do you have any advice for learning romanjis?

whats aijitaj

That's high level stuff. For the time being, use google translate and copy it into a text-to-voice program.

Even if you didn't learn kanji you would have notice by knowing stuff like 体、 団体、育つ、 保育園, ect`...

learning kanji alone is a waste of time, just knowing vocab will give you the kanji.

Genki is made for people in classrooms man. It goes at snailpace, takes ages to get anywhere.

The JPFZ books suffer from the same snail problem, but the online courses don't.

>It goes at snailpace, takes ages to get anywhere.
Read faster?

Are you sure? My tomodatchi (friend) told me that his sensey (teacher) uses romanjis in his class, and he's still at a beginner level.

>spend 6 hours coding for a project I have to turn in next week
>still have to do my reps, study grammar and read my VN
kill me

its ok programming is magnitudes easier than trying to learn Japanese

no. each books are only 250 pages long, and beside they contain vocab/ grammar/ kanji/ and exercices.
It's perfect to reach N4 in no time.

Sure thing. Also, make sure to ask your classmate how was his day (in Japanese!)! You guys should take turns talking about your weekend too!

That's why he's still a beginner. Reading anything in Japanese at all as a beginner is too stressful (even Rooumandjiins), so the best approach is to use text-to-voice and google translate until you're comfortable with the way the language works. I call it progressive learning. I have 60 whole Kanjis in my Anki deck. Trust me.

well yea you don't learn only the kanji, that's straight dumb. The various Kana that have specific readings like 予and 預 share 予 and the sound. Personally I don't see a reason not to learn Kanji and vocab simultaneously.

What reading of 縁 is used here?

personnally I think they kinda have a y shape so remembering their reading is easy.

Yea in that case. But knowing 預 has the same reading isn't obvious.

Tbh beside 預金 預ける I don't think I don't really know any other words using this kanji so I don't really care

Anyone got any good japanese youtubers you like to watch?

I'm not big into blogshit but I'd enjoy the listening practice.

The class activities in Genki are incredibly redundant, though. They're just there to give you listening and speaking practice. You don't miss out on anything by skipping them as a self-learner. Shouldn't take a NEET more than 2 months to get through both of them with full comprehension.

The JFZ books aren't for serious learners, and the author doesn't respect his students enough to expect them to know kana up until the fourth fucking book, and still just barely covers what Genki does, despite being nearly 3 times as long. The problem with online courses is that they don't offer enough practice to solidify what they teach.

This is where JFZ/George actually excels. Huge backlog of useful and entertaining content for listening comprehension with actual natives.
yesjapan.com/video/browse-GK-videos-1-date.html

>good japanese youtubers

I like Mahoto and PROWRESTLING SHIBATAR ZZ (i kid you not). but all japanese youtubers are pretty bad.

Me on the right

I'd fuck your wife.

And your daughters.

And you. And that backdrop. And myself while you fuck that backdrop.

HIKAKIN TV EVERY DAY

Where can I read manga in Japanese online?

>ネトウヨ is spelled "ね・と・う・よ", not "ね・とう・よ"
>恋愛 is spelled "れん・あい", not "れ・な・い"