Flip Flappers

How much longer before this show goes full SamFlam?

You mean when these threads go full SamFlam? Already

End of episode 6 or 7.

If it doesn't happen by then, it never will.

>cockona

I am just dreading when it will go full Madoka

What is your favourite episode so far? Favourite world?

It's still 3 for me, but 5 was pretty good. Although the most interesting world was 2, easily.

I liked the palette swappage in 2. It was stylish. I did love the giant trees and snowscape in episode 1 as well.

But it was Episode 3 that really made me fall in love with this show. It was gripping and hilarious and wonderful and sexy as hell. The soundtrack and direction in particular.

What will it be about? An imaginary girlfriend?

Episode 3 or 4 was my favorite episode, but episode 1 was my favorite world, so comfy

samlam was terrible so hopefully never. In before hipsters bawwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Which type of beetle is the best?

About the same. 3 was loads of fun to watch, while 5 did an excellent job portraying an unsettling atmosphere with the visuals and music.

Are you a puppy person or a cat person?

Next episode we learn more about the connection between the paintings and Pure Illusion.

I'm a Cocona person.

Cat, nevertheless PPK > YYK (actually, I love them both)

I didn't think they'd manage to top 3, but they did.
5 > 3 >> 1 > 4 > 2

Best world in terms of design is 1 because I like snow, best in terms of story is 5.

>in my art school I was taught that using black color is forbidden and absolute no-no
I hate them

I cant wait when mindbroken this slut, i hate how is happy 24/7

Episode 1 and parts of 2. The "normal" world is by far the strangest. While the rest can be dismissed as reifications of some fantasy, the normal world is eclectic but treated as mundane.
I also really like the bgs of the normal world.

why does she desire the cockona?

What does Cocona's freshly shaved armpit smell like?

shaving cream I guess

Sounds like that school doesn't really understand art.

Any sane girl would.

5. It’s the first where I feel like I’m actually onto something with all my speculah.

Absolutely have to have dark in order to have light.
Gotta have dark, gotta have opposites.

Dark and light, light and dark. Continually in painting. You have light on light, you have nothing. If you have dark on dark, you basically have nothing.

It's like in life. Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come. I'm waiting on the good times now.

Who /brrrrrt/ here?

Does she have a dick tucked in there or something? What's with the big package?

How will they connect the elementary schooler thing with the painting world? Will it be two different PI again like the previous ep or is there a connection? Maybe the elementary schooler thing is something else altogether

puffy.

Why is this allowed?

Too much flip flap. She's like an old granny now.

An overabundance of pubic hair

squap

Best moment of the episode. Almost as great as that cute marauder family in 3.

You have to be careful when using black with oil paints because it can make your colors muddy.

incomprehensible nonsense

3>5>2>1>4

I'm scared of what lies in store for Papika. There were worries that the release of pic related before the episode aired was leaking her death. People did speculate that it was misleading and that we would be dealing with a time loop though; and they were right.

However, even if it didn't have a lasting effect, this could be big foreshadowing. Combine it with the unconscious/dead girl in the first episode wearing the exact same uniform that Papika had, the skull illusion, Papika's vow to Cocona at the end of episode 4 that she would never let go, and the fact that we have a character whose only purpose right now is being Cocona's connection to the 'real' world (Senpai). This contrasts heavily with Papika who is acting as Cocona's connection to PI. Papika dying or going away forever seems like a very real possibility.

At this point it would be weird for ppk to have a normal childhood so I guess it's another PI. I just hope the fight isn't a flasback or something short at the beggining of the ep.

Don't forget when they were talking about what they'd wish for if they collected all the gems

Is killing Papika how they turn this series into a true masterpiece, what will they do after introduce another girl with the same name who looks just like her?

This

Papika NOT dying or disappearing would be the real twist; the other outcome is just par for the course in these kinds of stories.

3=5>4>2=1

So, back to important questions.

Is her arm supposed to be normal here?

I don't know about Cocona's, but you can be sure that Papika's isn't shaved, considering that she is constantly being symbolically indicated as a stand-in for an undeveloped, feral state of nature outside of the imposed psychological and social development of civilization. She almost certainly has no conception of advanced hygiene like that beyond simple stuff like bathing that even feral people and animals engage in. The only way that might not be the case is if the people at Flip Flap force her to shave, in which case one of them would have to shave her themselves.

Perhaps a result of being in Pure Illusion? If she's using the cast in the real world, it's not as though she can disguise it as a regular arm when she wants to.

Huh, never knew that. So, Malevich's Black Square turns out to be significant huh, not just a meme or something.

Don't forget that Papikana is half of the somethingsomething that's some macguffin the Grand Dragon felt worth mentioning.

There wont be a sudden or unexpected death for her. If she's getting killed off, it's final episode bittersweet ending stuff.

;_; rip in piece bob.

More importantly, did they fug ?

>Forensic detail reveals of how Black Square was painted over a more complex and colorful composition.

Doesn't look black. And I heard that it's actually a depiction of niggas in the dark cave

That cat looks really wide.

What if Papika came from a PI world? That might explain her feral, unsocialized nature and her obsession with PI

This scene made me just want a comfy SoL anime set in their weird little real world.

Anyone else?

Cocona can't spend the rest of her life exclusively hanging out with Papika and in turn, traveling to PI. We know that it's dangerous and can have a bad effect on the girls when they stay too long or go too often. Moderation and balancing one's desires and responsibilities are big themes here. If a death is coming, I suspect it will be near the end and they won't have a need to introduce a new girl. The time spent after the death would probably consist of Cocona turning to Yayaka and Senpai for support and coming to terms with the loss/moving on. It would really highlight to her how important it was that she met Papika.

It would certainly be nice to see all the conflicts resolved without any permanent damage. The fact that the show has remained so consistent in it's presentation, yet there is difficulty sticking with a particular theory or speculation, speaks volumes about the care put into this show.

How to add the clip of yuyu to a real brrrt wemb?

I was making a reference to Fuuka not an actual serious suggestion sorry user

>We know that it's dangerous and can have a bad effect on the girls when they stay too long or go too often
Do we? I never caught that

Are you ready for the disappointment of the year, Sup Forums? This show will not deliver, because of it's just one cour and with this kind of ambitious plot.
You can't have that. It has to be deep and full of tweest.

>when they stay too long
yeah
>go too often
i don't think they ever said anything about that

Looks like an art room full of canvases

Cocona's glasses broke in PI in episode 1 and they remained broken when they got back. It was also mentioned that Uexkull could die so there's no reason to suggest that the girls couldn't die. Going too often would imply an increased risk of harmful outcomes, including over exposure to that PI's influence, or death.

I know you're baiting but it feels like the show's going to start getting more plot heavy from now on. At least I hope it does. It seems like they've finished setting up for where they're going to go from here, especially with Cocona flat out saying she'll stop whatever Yayaka's people are trying to do.

What exactly does it need to deliver
People say this about every original show
There's only 4 things to resolve, why FlipFlap does what it does, what the wizards are doing, whether there are consequences of getting a wish granted, and what happens to Papika, Cocona and Yayaka afterwards

>Going too often would imply an increased risk of harmful outcomes
Of course
>over exposure to that PI's influence
If you mean it carrying over to reality, we haven't seen any of that. In fact the girls went to PI for the first time, and then on the very next day they went 2 times in a row. We know of at least 3 more times, but not the timeframe.

It isn't going to. There's girls and magic and it's not aimed at small children, but despite the impression that the industry may have given you, that doesn't necessarily mean a show has to be a madoka ripoff.

Episode:
1>5>2>3>>>>>World:
5>3>4>2>1

What's so fancy about the normal world? Isn't that how it is in real life too?

I'm not baiting. I'm just being realistic. With this crude, tacky directing they have shown so far (despite being interesting), they just don't possesses the technical prowess to pull it off. As far as I predict, that is.
And what are the things that tie them up altogether? Why did they spend one episode of pure character development in a tight screentime, instead of exposing more about Asclepius, after we got some bits of their story in episode 3? I could go on and on, but I see that the fanbase on this thread refuses to acknowledge that this show is just a colorful wacky adventure with lesbian undertone and with amateurish execution, designed to fill in the producers' project history, which I'm fine with. It has to be chock full of symbolism and says something meaningful about the state of lesbian sexual identification, or something bizarre like in the pastebin.

>you will never be employed by a secret organization as the official papika-shaver

I don't think the directing exceptional or anything but I don't feel it's been tacky or crude. A lesser team would take all the instances where something was implied or otherwise left for the viewer to look at, and turn them into exposition dumps. The show is also very light on dialogue in general, which only makes it harder for the storyboarders.

>With this crude, tacky directin
The direction in my opinion has been nothing but skillful and tasteful.

>Why did they spend one episode of pure character development in a tight screentime, instead of exposing more about Asclepius
Because the character development is more important?
And you act like it's ending tomorrow, they're only on episode 5. They have plenty of time to get into the overarching plot.

Spoopy.

Oh flap

>Frip F.lap
What did he mean by this?

They’ll kill Papika and Cocona is going to resurrect her instead of her parents.

Probably 2 I loved all of the changing colours and Uexkull being a badass.

Also, just because something dramatic will happen and maybe one of the main characters will disappear in the end, doesn't make a show DEEP or dark or whatever. It can be a wacky yuri adventure show and still have a dramatic arc, while remaining well-made.

I don't think most people expect Flip Flappers to become some kind of literary magnum opus in the 8 remaining episodes. Personally I'm in for the visual execution of it and the crazy worlds they come up with, and I've been finding the story pleasant enough to hold it together. It doesn't need to be anything more to be very good.

>I don't think most people expect Flip Flappers to become some kind of literary magnum opus in the 8 remaining episodes.
No, I’m merely expecting it to remain one.

I fucking HATE Papika, omg.

I actually hope that it doesn't go for a strong plot, that has a high chance to go wrong and it doesn't really need it.

Not everything has to be explained in the first few episodes, some things can remain a mystery.

I agree with your post but would add that even if it does go that route of getting darker as long as it is done well I am fine with that too. At the moment it really has that feeling of a super fun anime made by people that love anime in a deep and knowledgeable way (ptaku) and are expressing their love for it on screen and I think that does give some validity to the Gainax comparisons that were made earlier on by some people for other reasons.

There's a difference between having a strong plot and having to try and justify everything in a way that would make sense. It's entirely possible to have a strong plot develop in the later episodes without any complications.

If this show gets crazy dark, will we get an alternate ED?

I think 3 was more hype, but 5 nailed it's premise dead-on.

The real world is ofc eclectic, but not an eclectic collection of bizarre fiction pieces.
>hourglasses replace most of the clocks
>robots and cyborgs everywhere
>weird cult that employs robots to kidnap people and collects magical fragments of something to feed to their dark magical spire
>girl flying on surfboard
>weird organization that's housed in a basement, obsessed with strange anachronistic technology and architectural artifacts and uses girls to send them into some alternate reality
What makes it strange is that nobody in the world finds any of this strange, while at the same time we're given no explanation for any of it, no indication as to why any of this should be normal for them. So I find it the most interesting.

5>4>3>2>1
It just keeps getting better and better.

The ED would work fairly well anyway I think. It's not the most happy-go-lucky thing.

5=4=3=2=1

anyone got screencaps of masked Cocona? Shit was so cool.

Maybe the prosthetic arm in the OP is foreshadowing: she gets it lopped off at some point in the story. Until that time, she's just a girl with a broken arm who gets a super-robot arm to compensate in PI.

>not the most happy-go-lucky thing
>literally skipping with arms interlinked

Make your own, nerd.

This. Or I'm just as indecisive as you

>robots and cyborgs everywhere
I don't think that's actually true.

>girl flying on surfboard
It's not normal though.

isn't papika a robot?