Why no one remembers about this guy? He was pretty dandy

Why no one remembers about this guy? He was pretty dandy.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/spaciously-dandy/asa-wa-kuru-kara-sugu-akeru
soundcloud.com/animeost4e/izumi-makura-shiritai-full
soundcloud.com/residentweavile/space-chantey
soundcloud.com/honeyrisuke/lonely-nights-the-dropkix
soundcloud.com/spaciously-dandy/kimi-to-nara
youtube.com/watch?v=dVxxG1P97vw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because his anime was shit.

>dandy
>shit

Not it wasn't. It was a nice break from all this moeshit.

One of the best things I've ever watched, but apparently there's not enough waifu material for Sup Forums.
Oh how I wish for the continuation.

>it's not [insert thing i dont like]
>therefore it's good
lol

It's borderline perfect, and not only because it's not moeshit. I mean, have you seen main cast more perfect than this?

There were lows, there were highs, It was a nice ride.

Man space dandy had some really good episodes. A good number of awful ones though.

I did like where its overarching plot ended up though. That was okay.

>no one
You better turn your attitude around 360, hopeless idiot!
Many people were expecting the second coming of Cowboy Bebop, for some reason, but they got Dandy. It was pretty polarizing, but I enjoyed it.

Too many lame episodes, but the ones directed or writted by Watanabe himself were the best. Will we get another anime from him, I wonder?

I wanted her to join their crew and be like Edward, but noooo!

Hoping someday.

Dandy as swell.

The only waifu you'll ever need.

I'll never forget dandy.
Probably the best episodic show i've ever seen.

Because his show was shit (50 % of the time).

But QT is a boy.

post your fav episode faggots

also best song: soundcloud.com/spaciously-dandy/asa-wa-kuru-kara-sugu-akeru

I miss this show, I need a new season or another anime that made me feel as good and hype as Space Dandy did.

Wish they would put out an artbook.

Pic related, limbo and this plant episode are probably my favourites, meows home, space doggo, this date with scarlet and this noodle guy were also really good...
(sorry for not remembering the episode numbers)

I agree. Maybe now that the whole debacle with the pyonium shit is over we can get some real continuity.

>Why no one remembers about this guy?

I'll never forget Dandy.
I only stick to Manga really, but it made me turn my head.

The episode with a doll was fucking weird, especially the ending.
It's easier to name the episodes I didn't liked, they were all so diverse. Picrelated is one of my favorites. Felt like I watched a full-length movie.

can't believe I forgot about the dropkix, also one of the best ones.

Are there other anime with episodes as diverse as space dandy? I can think of a couple of anthologies but nothing with the same characters.

>best song
Here it is:
soundcloud.com/animeost4e/izumi-makura-shiritai-full
Also, that one "touchy" melody belongs to jRPG-like song. What the fuck.
soundcloud.com/residentweavile/space-chantey

This episode settled it for me. How could you not like the anime? The amount of originality was actually surprising.

this was my favourite comedy epsiode with s2e1.
It was just insane how far they went with this.
Some years ago me and some friends tried to form a band even though we barely played our instruments. The Dropkix episode hit so many right points that it felt if they actually made a epsiode based on us. It was basically pure nostalgia while also make me laugh really hard

too dandy for this board
too dandy for this world

I fainted when this happened.

"bye bye ningen"
This moment really hit hard, just image some friend turned into a random plant you normally would step on without thinking twice.
This epsiode was probably the first that really felt "magical" in some way.

I'd like a continuation, but I can't think of any ending they could do to top the one we already got.

just give some lame excuse for making it happen between season 1 and 2.
The ending was great but i really wouldn't mind some random episodes without context or season climax, it's an epsiodic show after all.

She was playing Pavane for a Dead Princess, but her version is nowhere to be found.

Like they did with Cowboy Bebop? Dandy's continiuty is fucked up beyond anything imaginable, they can do whatever they want.

When the reference is too obvious, they just say it out loud, like they did in the episode with Laika.

It's a bit annoying if you already get it, but to be fair, it didn't hurt that much and if people learned who george romero, or Laika are... good for them.

Technically a cartoon since it aired in America first

But it was made by Japanese. Fourth season of Lupin III doesn't turn into cartoon because it was aired in Italy first.

>still no ronery night
soundcloud.com/honeyrisuke/lonely-nights-the-dropkix

I like the disco dance episode
>DIVVAAAA
I figure out the song out tho

Had to download the 2 OST.
A masterpiece.

KANCHIGAI
RONERY NIGHT

who did it better?
usa or japan

theres always some one with a shit opinion

I rewatch this episode quite often. Something about it just gets me feeling emotions I thought died. Also has a great musical score sadly I cant find the song used when they're traveling.

wtf you talking about, every one knows who he is

Yeah, what kinda dunce would forget about Sweet JP

shit taste

The way that episode handled visuals and sound was incredible, plus the bittersweet tone made it my favourite

>implying any episode of this show was shit

there were definitely lows and highs, episodes that were shit compared to the best, but every single one still had more value than the majority of episodes from the majority of modern anime

if everyone who enjoyed the show was forced to reply to this post you'd get a huge variety in the answers given, the same simply cannot be said for most other shows airing nowadays

it's not a masterpiece but it's great

did you download the OST? I know it has a fair amount of tracks on it, I don't remember the song you're talking about or if I've personally heard it on the soundtrack but I do know that youtube is harsh with dandy stuff. All of the OST shit gets removed, there's barely anything from the show in pure audio form around (at least there wasn't last time I checked)

I stopped watching about halfway through. Did I miss much?

I had the wrong song but same episode. Song I meant was the song that plays when the plants are reverting back to their original selves.

Not really. You can pick it up any time again. That's the advantage of such episodic shows.

No, the Cloudian episode was straight up shit.
Annoying to watch, visually mediocre, painfully unfunny and the stuff it introduced never went anywhere.

Weren't they talking about a movie?
I guess in the end it didn't happen.

Space Dandy is the best animated TV anime of the decade.

This is a fact.

Animation isn't everything.

it's not everything but when an anime looks as good as this you tend to forgive its shortcomings

Lots of great episodes, but Dead Dandy is one of the greatest pieces of animation ever made.

disco goku is the greatest.

the best episode is the band one

it has the best song too

anyone have webms from the high school episode?

Bebop is overated as fuck

Trigun is better

Trigun was complete fucking shit. It had potential but shat all over itself every time it tried to be serious and ruined any chance to be taken seriously.
Outlaw Star > both.

rotoscope or nah?

This show sure had a thing for Giant Pillars of Water Flying into Space.

>Space Dandy is the best animated TV anime of the decade.

and it also has the best soundtrack of the decade

goddamn the majority of Sup Forums slept on this anime super hard

ping pong and kaiji s2 arguably have better soundtracks

still love space dandy's ost though

>but apparently there's not enough waifu material for Sup Forums.
Which is weird, since Honey and Scarlet are pretty top tier.

I miss him.

Two girls are not enough to make a selection of waifus. You need at least 5 main girls or guys to have enough variety for anime otaku to be able to make waifus or husbandos.

I like to think everyone will realize what they missed out on.

not tonight, he's not

Ping Pong's OST was definitely great

It had threads on Sup Forums while it aired, and it was discussed a lot.
But now it's over, and there's nothing much more to do but to reminiscence then and now about having watched it.

i hope you're only singling out ping pong because you haven't listened to the kaiji ost

I haven't watched Kaiji yet

5th episode. wouldve been cool if she joined the crew.
also best chill song in this episode:

soundcloud.com/spaciously-dandy/kimi-to-nara

when ever i take an acid i watch this episode and is fucking great.

youtube.com/watch?v=dVxxG1P97vw

both have great ost but dandy ost is pure gold

What did they mean by this?

movie

He didn't catch up to scarlet

Man, FUCK trains.

dub > sub

One of the 3 exceptions where this is true

Are you me?

Mostly rotoscope I'd wager.

>Trigun was complete shit
Now, you might not have liked it, but to act like it's garbage is just an outright lie.

But it was. Its attempts to be deep were more pathetic than Tominos when he made Brain Powerd.

For the most part I'd agree, but I think I liked the High School Musical episode songs better in Nip, and I'm 50/50 on the DropKix winner.

Both are good though.

Definitely. I had a dual audio one, and half the jokes go missing with shitty subs.
Plus the cast itself is great in English.

I just didn't like that it was episodic, otherwise it was pretty good. Dropped it I think at a little more than half of first season, everything else was good, good gags good characters, just felt like there was no story.

You get a story every episode though and the second season was better than the first so pick it back up again.

I don't get how people see an episodic style as a bad thing.