Will this show beat Madoka and become the next anime of the decade?

Will this show beat Madoka and become the next anime of the decade?

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0BwUphuy8AsxEVDJfaXJrcHdMVU0
myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1566641&show=100
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>No more Boipuccele

No

Nah, it's the epitome of trying too hard

Explain.

No, it revealed its hand too soon. We as the audience should be kept in the dark to what is happening, not have it spelled out to us.

stop this shitposting and make a new general

>LN adaptation
>anime of the decade
Pick one
However, it's good enough to be anime of the season

Not until it gets to the later parts.

There can never be another Madoka. Madoka got popular because it pretended to be Nanoha for two episodes and then sucker punched its audience in the balls. It was unexpected and made an otherwise typical season exciting. You can't get the same effect when every mahou shoujo that comes out advertises itself as DARK and EDGY because they think that's why Madoka made lots of money. It wasn't the content, it was the fact that Shaft actually pulled off a twist and made it work. Just like how every mecha show after NGE had to suddenly have angels because that's totally why NGE connected with so many people.

It's hard to explain, but for me it feel like it's trying way too hard to be grimdark and shit

>aots
But that's not Flip Flap

No, it spoiled its edge right from the start and is basically edgy for the sake of edgy. While Madoka did rely on shock value, the violence wasn't just thrown in gratuitously, and the progression of the psychological deterioration of the characters was sufficiently contextualized.

It's episode 5 and it's the first time it got gory.

>La Pucelle dead so early
I'm not okay with this.

That part was actually great.

And? It was grimdark from the very beginning, people started dying from ep 2 and pretty much the all the characters are assholes, unsufferable edgelords or complete morons

It's kind of boring, and it's flopping so no.

Where is my comfy thread? ;_;

>muh Madoka

Read the LN or fuck off

Another shitposting thread by faggots who have no idea what they are talking about. Oh they are madoka fags too.

Fuck this thread. I'll go back and meet Nemurin and beautiful Calamity Mary again.

>muh Madoka
>not muh 'Doka
It's like you're not even trying.

This episode was great, I hope the anime keeps getting better.

nah, it hasn't tried to be anything more than Battle Royale with mahou shoujo
It has plenty of opportunities to start taking itself too seriously, but hasn't yet.

someone make the normal comfy thread, idk why someone made a thread with a bait OP

Neither am I. I think it was a little early. There was more the character was capable of.

>Magical Girl (male) and the actually entertaining robot dead at the same time
all i have left is based Cranberry

drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0BwUphuy8AsxEVDJfaXJrcHdMVU0

Here is the LN translation for anyone who wants to read it, Translator is based and works really fast, so there is usually a new chapter every 1-3 days

>Letting a male become a Magical Girl.
That was your one mistake, fav. What a waste of livestock.

Cheers, I was this close to looking in old threads for it.

Only if the finale has Boi Pucelle coming down from the heavens riding a chariot driven by six white horses to punch Fav in the face

>La Boicele didn't even get to experience the pleasure of being cummed inside

At least I got lewds from Pixiv

>Not harvesting the spiral energy of magical girls(male) to pierce the heavens

No QB, that was your mistake.

What was Magicaloid even using, some magic garrote?

But Calamity Mary is already beautiful.

>Op starts by comparing the anime to Madoka
>Get surprised when madoka fags show up
OP is a faggot as always

Were you expecting anything more?

>it's hard to explain
Yeah your post feel more like trying too hard here.

So where do you guys think they're gonna adapt up to tomorrow, if they don't adapt zombie western then they'll probably end During Weiss and Nana's confrontation with Swim Swim's crew, if they do adapt zombie western then they may just do a double side story episode, otherwise I don't see a good stopping point

No

La Pucelle was the only good thing about the show and he's dead now.

people are allowed to make thread without being a cancerous general you know

user I am not OP I just enter latest thread after waking up, I don't even see the bait cos I was half asleep, now I can't sleep.

Shouldn't we start a new thread? Anyone please?

That's just because you're a raging faggot.

sure go for it

This entire board has become Reddit with its fucking generals.

I gave this show two episodes and I got bored sorry

I don't even know what show this is.

Holy shit, this. I would suck your dick, user, you are so intelligent

Don't you know of the 3 episode rule.
Just watch one more episode. I guarantee your opinion will remain exactly the same.

Which to fuck?

Did anyone else just get disappointed by this show? I really liked the premise of this girl and boy who watched magical girl anime as kids becoming magical girls themselves. It was really interesting. Then all these other dumb, obviously existing to be waifu characters came in and it just got too convoluted and I have to let it go....

Watch to episode 5 for the epic kills

is this the madoka thread?

You mean you're too retarded to follow the plot that you think it's convoluted?

gonnaneedabiggerbait.jpg

Always Mao Pam

>Then all these other dumb, obviously existing to be waifu characters came in

Really? Because I can count the number of this cast I actually like on my fingers and find the rest to be huge shits that had their deaths coming to them.

Absolute garbage.

I feel more or less the same as you. Even aside from the fetish appeal having a boy become a magical girl with his childhood friend is a pretty interesting idea, but there are way too many characters to have enough time to develop it.

I don't think the story itself is hard to follow, but it is hard to keep track of all the different characters and why we're supposed to care about them. I liked Nemurin because of her design but we got so little time with her (especially in the real world) that I wasn't that bothered by her dying. For a SERIOUS death game type scenario the show seems to quickly forget that the real world even exists.

The curse of battle royales.

But I personally think the show is making excellent use of what little time they have to have a quick exposition for each character.

I don't want all these good girlsand boys to die. Why do they have to die!?

>This anime is just straightforward more aggressive, but still nothing compared to the psychological pressure and horror of Madoka

myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1566641&show=100

What did he mean by this?

That's probably OP.

All the characters exposition that makes you supposed to care about them before their deaths are in the side story which may or may not be adapted.

Nemurin's side story herself ties in with the next arc character that reveals she isn't dead yet and still wandering in the dream world.

It's better than I expected it to be, but you'd have to be ignorant or insane to actually believe that.

Yes, there is exposition, but shoving "btw this is who Nemurin is" in a quick sequence after she died isn't good exposition.

So far all the non-magical-girl-related exposition has, to the best of my knowledge, only been done in flashbacks or similar quick dumps of information. I have almost no idea who Ruler was other than that she was a digruntled office worker (?). I did not care at all when she died.

I know people are going to defend this as being answered in the source material, and that's fine, but I'm only talking about the anime here.

Madoka was a soft ride from start to finish. The only thing it did was having pony effect. It put a lot of soft pastels up, made everything simple in interpersonal dynamics and had simple paper thin characters for autists to imprint on.

Don't get me wrong, it's good. To call it psychological though? THAT is what is horrifiying.

>I don't want all these good girls and boys to die. Why do they have to die!?
Really? Because to me most of the cast are complete assholes or morons too dumb to live

should I pick this up? Are the threads a good ride

The threads consist of mostly spoilers for later volumes.

just be prepared for black bars everywhere because everyone already read the LN covering the first arc

So, who's everyone's favorite magical girl for each arc. For me its Top Speed and Snow White for arc 1, Pechika and Detick Bell for Restart, Mao Pam and Funny Trick from Limited

Nah, threads are choke-full of spoilerfags and it's starting to become a cancerous circlejerk general

I fucking told LNfags not to link the t/l here. I fucking knew this would happen. They promised me that it wouldn't.

In defense of spoiler fags, people keep asking for spoilers but you are right, they should keep a spoiler free thread at least on episode's day.

Like hell it would happen, people gonna talk what they want to talk about.

Gee I dunno. Doesn't look like any kind of weapon I've ever seen before.

No comfy thread....

Then fucking make one

>more blood and edge makes a show superior

12-year-old logic.

Check the catalogue

>no elimination this week because la pucelle died
>magicaloid dies too
So there's now three weeks before the next forced droput? Not that anyone gives a shit about collecting candies anymore.

You're right

It doesn't matter because La Pucelle's death is the catalyst that turns the contest into a full blown bloodbath

I'm a filthy secondary, but I'm guessing that means that they're not going to stop at just 8 then, and Fav's dialogue with Cranberry in this past episode makes it sound like he doesn't really want it to stop there either.

I love Nemurin, she's nice. Nice that she's still around. Guess I'll read up on that. Thanks.

You're right

Yeah, the asshole keep lowering the target to 4

It would be cool if they go all out, it actually would make the story original and unique, like just keep making all this girls kill between them in all sort of brutal ways, like a Mortal Kombat, but with cute magic girls.

I'm hoping Ripple dies trying to save Top Speed from her oh-so-mysterious fate then, I'll wait to find out myself but she's a cunt.

So far away from

That's what this show is; its a Battle Royale with magical girls. Later volumes are different; Limited is more of a crime thriller sort of thing.

Go back to your moeshit it has no violence

Will do, dudebro.

I like my Mortal Kombat example more!
>FINISH HER
But that sounds nice, let's hope it get more and more seasons cause I ain't reading shit.

That's Chad-kun to you, friend.

Finally read First Arc and Second Arc.
I feel empty now. My favorite get killed left and right.

I'm waiting Limited to get fully translated before reading it.

who were your favorites?

Pass the sauce?

Lurk for 2 years before posting

Just post the name of the manga idiot...

Come to comfy thread user, let this shit die. Also Lapis, Pechika?