Last Exile

What does Sup Forums think of Last Exile?

I watched the first couple of episodes and couldn't get into it.

Probably because I was about 12 at the time and it went over my head. I should give it another go, it's been 11 years.

Started out good and intriguing, turned to shit in second half after main villain became prominent.

I still can't stop being mad about that thing they made. Fuck.

Finished it about a month ago. Really enjoyed it until the final arc on the fucking tentacle ship. Alex Rowe had the stupidest fucking reason for wanting revenge, a girl smiling? REALY? Poor Dio just becomes brainwashed then fucking dies by falling out a plane.

Besides that shit, I liked it. They really could of done so much more with the universe they were creating. Decent, but wasted potential.

he didn't die tho

Then where the fuck did he go? Did I miss something at the ending? All I remember is that he follows Immelman while brainwashed and confused, turns upside down, fucks up, and then we(I) never see him again.

If I remember correctly you could hear his voice in last episode during/before ending.

GOAT Op and ED

He appear in the sequel.

So was it named the Last Exile because Prester's Exile was the last one to return to Earth?
He appear in the sequel completely healed.
Apparently he was picked up by some passing Guild members in the Grand Stream, he then go to Earth while having amnesia, fought against Claus and crippled him.

I marathoned both series in 2 days. It was pretty enjoyable.

Finished it just recently. The first half was promising but the second half lost it's pacing and it felt like I had missed some episodes explaining shit. The middle half in particular was pretty unorganized.

Is Senpai, the Silver Wing worth picking up?

It's shit, end is nonsensical.

Thanks for the reply anons. Going to watch second season now. Is it as bad as Sup Forums said in threads long past?

Overrated trash.

>Senpai, the Silver Wing
The quality nose dived after the first two episodes and it get really boring after a few episodes for me, though you might want to give it a go if you like Dio.

Honestly, it's pretty shit. From very early on you'll notice it feels like the princess should've been the MC, and not Senpai. Senpai has zero character development and never changes from beginning to end.

Murata's design and the worldbuilding are dope.

Sequel should have been outright about the adventures of Captain Tatiana and her ship.

Really cool world building. I want to see what other Prester colonies are like and if there's some colony that the Guild isn't a total dick.

Yep.

I wanna forget Ginyoku no Senpai ever existed, and I've never finished it, but, looks like on other Colonies, Guilds integrate with their colonies more. Those Iranian Federation Empire people even have elf-ears like Guildsmen

>Those Iranian Federation Empire people even have elf-ears like Guildsmen
I just thought those were Earth Guildsmen like from the manga. I guess Anatoray and Disith were just unlucky to be stuck with a Guild that slowly descend into complacency.

Its just surprising that their tech level aren't so far behind other colonies.

my all time fav. still to this day

I guess that's what happen when all technology development are control by the Guild, no one can get too far ahead of the other.

Man why can't we discuss older stuff like this more often. So much better than flavor of the season neo Sup Forums.

The first half is great. The second half is a mess of bad pacing and abandoned plot threads.
It was like the studio thought they had an additional twelve episodes to tell the story in and nobody bothered to tell them otherwise till it was too late to fix it.