Baki Dou 133

It's that special time of the week, where dreams come true.

yuncomics.com/archives/1814390

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fNxYrs1S_ck
youtube.com/watch?v=-fesv7_fXvs
mega.nz/#F!PlgQlTYC!sOFpmzZjkePytjh2c3se7Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Chapter theme: youtube.com/watch?v=fNxYrs1S_ck

I'm working on figuring out how Korean works again so I can get some super rough TLs.

...cus this is a text-heavy chapter.

No idea what's said here [yet], but I can only assume it's
>You should have killed me when you had the chance.

>memetobe's trump card

HERE IT GOES

isn't it memesashi talking. have you even seen the former pages.

The hell did you read? It's Motobe talking for most of the chapter.

Just for those of you who couldn't quite recognize it - that's just Musashi pulling his sword *out* of Motobe at the end; he's not swinging at him again.

>You lived long enough to see Memetobe serve Memesashi the humble pie

>You should have killed me when you had the chance
It looks to me like he's walking away and the slash was just him being a sore loser. I don't think there will more Memetobe vs Musashi.

Correct. I was totally wrong on my guess; this is what it says on and :

>Motobe.

>Thank you...
>Nevertheless, this is your win.

I haven't gotten around to the rest of it yet because Korean is impossibly infuriating (yet surprisingly easy), so presumably most of the chapter is just Motobe talking himself down to the 'great Musashi' or something.

>I don't think there will more Memetobe vs Musashi.
Of course, he realized he stood no chance against the meme deity.

Memetobe is now the saint patron of offscreen training.

Does this mean Trump will also win?

No need to get so triggered, just observing that Memetobe's win is continuing a trend of underdogs pulling upset victories this year.

From my rudimentary Korean, I'm getting phrases like: "that may be, but how many times did you go easy on me?" and "I was caught there. You wrote that in your book," etc. So I'm pretty damn sure I'm right in saying that Motobe tried to do the whole Japanese humble reversal thing, and Musashi got miffed at him doing that in the last 3 pages.

Thumbnail scared the shit out of me

>"I was caught there. You wrote that in your book
Memesashi on suicide watch

Sooooo....

is Retsu still kill?

inb4 he's walking out to go murder the mostly-dead Pickle to vent his rage

If he did that Baki would kill him.
Welll, we still need to see how Baki himself will humiliate him anyway.
>inb4 this become Ali Jr. 2.0 and everyone has a salty rematch with memesashi.

How exactly would Baki (or anyone else) tell that he did it? As far as we know, Pickle's collapsed from blood loss somewhere down that hall from being slashed a million times. Are they really gonna notice one more cut, provided it's not a beheading?

>Are they really gonna notice one more cut
How about Pickle screaming?

Strong is beautiful

The unconscious don't scream.

B u m p .

I miss retsu so much ;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=-fesv7_fXvs

mega.nz/#F!PlgQlTYC!sOFpmzZjkePytjh2c3se7Q

I guess I'll have to be the one to say it: this is the first time we've seen Baki drawn to be particularly handsome and not spooky at all in like three years.

A real human being.

Retsu is pure husbando material, itigaki is jerk

>musashi wen't easy on memetobe

The madman, maybe now he will start seriously training.

>not killing musashi

Cover of Volume 14 is pretty much the cover of Grappler baki volume 1.

He already died a little inside thanks to Memetobe's smackdown.

>Your memes
>are awesome!
Why is Musashi so based?

noice

OMEDETOU MEMETOBE OMEDETOU

Fucking glorious how will he ever recover.

>cuts through his chainmail armor

What did he mean by this?

That's it? This is crap

How is based Memetobe outsmugging Musashi bad? Nobody expected him to win?

t. musashi

Does that mean it will be the end? Shonen Jump series at least do that, redraw the first volume cover for the final one.

No way, even if we assume Dou will be the last part there is no time to wrap everything up in one volume.

Not even close. If my count is right, this Motobe vs Musashi fight will close out volume 15. Volume 14 is Pickle vs Musashi, and closes on Musashi saying "I welcome you" to Motobe.

I wonder what they will do to hype Musashi back up for the last fight with Baki. There isn't many people left to job. Not to mention Baki doesn't even have much motivation to fight him. I expected Musashi to really fuck Memetobe's shit up or something like that.

Nah, I guess it's a thing it did because of the 25th anniversary of the series.

>I expected Musashi to really fuck Memetobe's shit up or something like that.
>broken wrist, two broken legs, lacerated abdomen, shattered clavicle, cut shoulder-related musculature, punctured lung, severe internal hemorrhaging (by the lung), indescript head injury
I'd say he's pretty well-fucked up.

Its not ending.
Volume 15 has a release date already.
There is this rumors going around that Itagaki Keisuke's daughter is Beastars's Author
(Manga serialized in the same magazine as BAKI Dou)

How is that a rumor? I mean, shouldn't it be easy to check if they are father and daughter?

Yeah, but broken bones all over is just the norm for Baki fights, and it's unlikely hell dies from the cuts. It's nothing that will make the MC wanna fight this guy more. I expected him to at least leave Motobe in critical condition, if not kill him.

Mangaka are notorious for having pseudonyms.

Point me in the right direction and I can probably check the validity of the rumors, though.

I know about that but I've always thought the real name was not that difficult to find. But now that I think about it I don't know the real names of the authors of a few niche manga that I follow.

>Itagaki Keisuke's daughter is Beastars's Author
Is she natty?
This is important.

Wow, Itagaki is 59. And here I had to check because I thought he didn't look old enough to have a working daughter.

post the rumors and why it matters

Is it like Beastars is shit and she only got the job because daddy's carried the magazine for 25 years

I checked; there's no guarantee or 'solid evidence' that Itagaki Paru is the daughter of Keisuke. All I see anywhere is 'rumored daughter'. There's a passable chance that it's just a coincidence. It's not a unique family name or anything. That being said, if anybody wants to do some stalker-y digging, that's up to you. She was born in 1993. Her twitter's itaparu99; she's named as "Paru Itagaki" there.

Here's her kanji: 板垣巴留
And here's his: 板垣恵介

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Musashi is the best.

Does anyone in Baki other than his mom ever die from blunt trauma? Suedo is alive after a 10 feet fall with no explanation, and Igari Kanji survived a beating with a 3plate barbell.

Its just a rumor because there really is no evidence but in the end it doesn't really matter like someone said.

Just interesting to see a father and daughter in the same magazine (if its really true)

He's pulling and slashing upwards going through the chain mail.
It's a message to memetobe to not get cocky.

Doyle. Possibly Yanagi. It permanently crippled Ali Sr. That one diamond Kaiou. Yuu Amanai. I think one-or-two minor fighters in the Maximum Tournament arc besides Amanai. Every normalish person that Yuujiro murders in Grappler. Yuujiro kills a few people in SoO by shaking their skulls. There should be a few more that I'm not thinking of - including Gaiden characters - but I'll leave that to whoever else responds.

The only part of his sword that got through the mail was the back of it, with his "mineuchi" (back of the blade) swing in 132. It stuck there so, when he pulled the sword out, the blood that it was preventing from pouring out began to do so.

Are you ret... oh wait, you're from Sup Forums.

Also, is Motobe the strongest now? Yuujiro couldn't knock out Musashi.

>Yuujiro couldn't knock out Musashi.
Yeah, he did/could. There was this TKO, and then he did actually knock out Musashi briefly earlier in the fight. Yuujiro just wanted to see what Musashi could do at full potential; he wasn't interested in killing him as soon as possible.

And this was the actual KO. I'm only now realizing that the narrative doesn't quite make that clear via the text. Hmm. Dunno any real way to patch it, you know.

so kaku kaioh's still second to yujiro? though it's like yujiro > infinity > kaku

I tend to consider Kaku as an absolutely equal to every top-tier character. Maybe 50% of his power is just an absolute mirror of his opponents' power. Yuujiro exploited his technique's *only* weakness 4 years before present time in Baki Dou, and Kaku implied that he'd keep training to become stronger 4 years ago, so it's not too much of a stretch to say that it would be much, much harder to find a weak point on him now.

By that logic Yujiro has got stronger too.

'Stronger' wasn't the right word. More skilled in the technical division of fighting. I'm sure he can Xiao Lee-bounce off walls now or something of the same ilk such that Yuujiro could never beat him, but would never lose to him, either.

I don't think the Raitai was four years ago

*yoink*

Kaku's referred to as being 146 in the Raitai. He calls himself 150 here, top left.

I've survived a ten foot tall once.

That's one of the sitdown interviews where the characters talk to some dude off screen without any placement of where it happens chronologically. It could be in the future

just like that time Retsu was interviewed 'in the future' after the Yuujiro vs Baki fight?

Right. That could have been during the time when everyone was bored out of their minds while Tokugawa was growing Musashi. Or it could be further in the future when Retsu's been revived. Those parts of the manga aren't suitable for gauging how much time has passed

Okay, then it's been bare-minimum 2 years, since that's the absolute established timeskip between SoO and Dou. Point remains.

Is it really that likely that Kaku came up with something of that effect after only two years when he's already 146?

2 years? Dou don't start direct from the end of son of ogre?

Yuujiro is the first "real" opponent he's really faced, so probably.

Yes, 2 years.