Sword Art Online Progressive Storytime

Because Himura Kiseki's Tawawa series received an anime adaptation, I decided to dump their manga adaptation of SAO Progressive.

Image resolution is terrible, but it can't be helped.

Volume 1
Volume 2
Volume 3
Progressive is basically a reboot of Sword Art Online. Back to the beginning of the series, back to the death game Sword Art Online and going through the story floor by floor instead.

Even if you disliked the anime, give it a shot.

This dump is 185 files. Comment or bump whenever, so that this thread doesn't die before the storytime is finished.

Volume 4 will be the last storytime for the next half year at least, because TL of volume 5 comes out March.

>smug even on the cover

Oh, apparently volume 1 has been bumped off the native archives. You could probably still read it off desuarchives.

This guy, Lind, is way less 2chuu in the novel. He also has a stick up his ass the whole time.

>Beater

Yet people are still using that term way later, unless it gets retconned.

Thanks for dumping. Progressive's fun.

>black man calls him Blackie

Orlando is kind of a dick in the novels. He's not satisfied just fighting the mob there, he wants to fight the boss.

Kirito thinks Kibaou is suspicious here, but for all of Progressive so far, it seems like he's just trying to keep people from dying and generally being competent.

Been waiting for this all day. Ty based OP

>chapter 16.5

>this guy

KC1

The numbing attacks stun you on the first hit, and if it hits you while stunned, you get paralyzed.

So the difference between stun and paralysis is mainly the duration.

A stun lasts three seconds, and has a chance of causing you to fumble your weapon.

Paralysis lasts 600 fucking seconds. You can still move one hand while paralyzed though, so you can hopefully drink an antidote before you're dead.

10 minutes, what kind of fucked up design is that.

Not sure if I like the change too much of Asuna not being present at the boss fight at the beginning but I have to admit seeing a moment like this is pretty amusing.

Big problem is the lack of healer classes to counteract effects like that.

In comparison to the novel:
Lind isn't as indecisive here. He doesn't think about retreat at all.
Legend Braves aren't fighting with Kirito and Agil's party, but with the other group.
Asuna didn't go off to learn Martial Arts, and would be at the boss fight right now.

What was the rule about boss rooms being sealed? Was it every 25th floor + everything after the 50th?

This totally happened in the novel. Pretty much the biggest "Fuck beta testers" moment on screen.

The boss design had a few liberties taken here.

I can't remember, wasn't it the 50th then the 75th? or was the 75th just the first one with teleblock.

>Moo

I've been reading this thread and is this basically SAO done right?
It shows the fights and the stuff the original should have never left behind in the first place, also smug Asuna.
Why are raws so low quality, though?

I don't remember. Something like that? Not that it matters in Progressive, exceptions out the ass.

They're shitty rips of the official translations, I didn't do it.

>It shows the fights and the stuff the original should have never left behind in the first place, also smug Asuna.

Basically, yeah.

Also, on the note of the exceptions
>Floor 3 boss shuts the doors and floods the room, only people outside can open it
>Floor 5 boss is the room, trying to run out after a certain point gets you chomped

Will Kirito ever not killsteal?

No.

Seriously, he killsteals pretty much every floor boss and midboss. This is probably why they still call him a Beater like 50 floors later.

Return of the tits.

Does Asuna ever stop being such an insufferable Mary Sue?

Nope. Maybe it gets better in volume 5, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Himura Kiseki really seems to like Asuna.

KC2

So it took two days to reach the labyrinth when Asuna took up the Martial Artist quest.

It's been three days for her to clear it, so I guess it took them the entire day to reach the boss room.

I think that includes scouting.

Tits.

The creator really wants to punish those that get greedy and think they can just tank the hits.

Asuna sure is cute in this.

Nothing quite like diving into a boss fight that can two shot you.

She's pretty cute in general. Even if you don't like her, you got to admit she's easy on the eyes.

So, Orlando isn't such a bro in the novels.

He's not a huge ass, but he isn't that great a guy either, which honestly makes more sense. He did go through with the equipment scamming after all.

Well, shit.

D P S
P
S

>Kirito gets through the quest in 3 days
Well, he's a beta tester.
>Asuna gets through the quest in 3 days
Well, she's got that mary sue potential.
>Nezha gets through it in 3 days
Wow. what a cheater.

I can't tell if Agil is hyped or pissing his pants while all this is unfolding.