twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

More like PA Flops

What's the problem?

>$600 a month starting for making ugly CGI background cars move
Seems reasonable to me.

Pretty decent pay tbhonest.

>PA Works also demands 3D operator
by 160k yen a month.
Hell, even my office had brought me a brand new $ 5,500 PC and a comfy chair to work.

What do you mean decent ?
All you really get is goona be 100,000 yen.
Can you live by $1k/month w/o living in mama's basement ?

That'd be a decent pay in a third world country, not Japan.

I think they list the money you actually get in your hands in Japan.
Also 100k yen a month is still better than your random third world country's average monthly pay (I know multiple people who get like 250$ a month)
Sure living costs are cheaper a bit, but the food is basically the same prize as in Japan.

You really overestimate what pay third world countries get. Read

>~850 euros a month for a 45 hour work week
way more than the average wage in my country.

$1k a month would be heavenly, i get by on $400/m in britbong bucks now.

What do you do? You can get more than that at a McJob in America even if you're converting to the pre-brexit pound.

Are you retard ? You have to live in Japan. It cost you $15k/month at least.
I don't give a shit how cheap live in third world is.

nothing, been unemployed since last year, £317/m Universal Credit plus maybe 30-40 I make selling shit on redbubble after UC reductions.

Was P.A. works got new building for their staffs and they rent the room for 15k yen/month?

>It cost you $15k/month at least

>It cost you $15k/month at least.
Do you fucking live in Shibuya or Roppongi?

No, it doesn't. You might mean Tokyo, but even then you can find battered one room apartments for 100k yen, and the food is not more expensive than in my country. Obviously you won't be able to own a car from that salary, but that isn't necessary, almost every employer finances your commution to workplace and back home.

Good thing they don't live in Tokyo at least

See Wagecuck SEAmonkey here. He's right, yo.
You can't comparing Japan's living expenses to SEA's (or third world country in general).

I made about $350, but I only need about $75 for rent, electricity, water, food, etc for a month.

You have no idea what the exchange rate is, huh?

>1500USD monthly
Are these retard serious?
Can you even live for a week with that much in Tokyo?

#ANIME IS MURDER
#BOYCOT ANIME

You're the same ESL faggot who made the last PA Works thread on this very topic, aren't you?

Did PA Works kill your brother or something? Because seriously, no one else cares as much as you do. And Protip, calling a company "controversial" at the top of your thread isn't a good way to hide your bias.

Progressive Animation Works.

PA Works is in Toyama.

I meant to type $1600, but even that is probably around $100 too high

But P.A. Works HQ is not in Tokyo.
Are you pretending to be retarded or just full retard?

You're the retard, job is not in Tokyo.

Well I made $300 a month, but rent, bills and food perfectly takes up that much by the end of month, so I have to be very careful not to run out of money.
And that includes no luxury, aside from one cheap (~30 cent) energy drink every day.

Do you retards realize they've posted a minimal wage ad for a job that gets payed 5X that in any other industry?

It doesn't' matter if it's in Tokyo or not. With this salary you'd have to be crazy to take the offer - in other words an otaku.

This is legalized slavery. Taking advantage of the mentally challenged is a crime.

>$75 for rent, electricity, water, food, etc for a month.
Are you renting a bed?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minimum_wages_by_country
>Ranges from 714 – 932 Japanese yen per hour; set on a prefectural and industry basis.
>932 multiplied by 9 hours a day, multiplied by 5 days a week = 41940
>160 000 == 41940
You're in no position to call anyone retarded, you fucking cretin.

The 160,000 is per month. You calculated per week. So assuming 4 weeks in a month gives you just slightly over 160,000. It is, in fact, minimum wage.

Get your math right next time you want to criticize someone.

Yes, it is progressive.

Why would minimum wage matter at all? Skilled workers don't earn minimum wage.

Because this is a skilled position that is asking workers to work for minimum wage.

According to the ad, they do.

>9 hours a day, multiplied by 5 days a week
It's 8 hours per day and monthly wage.

>Renting a bed
Sorry I'm not an EOP, but what do you mean by that? I only rent a bed for sleeping? that's all? If yes, then no. Because it has kitchen and bathroom.
Obviously i'm not renting an apartment or house, though.

So what? It's 160.000 after they subtract the FULL social cover that is written in details just under the salary.

I also think they don't have the expense to rent an appartment since PA has a dorm in Toyama.

It's only 8 hours if you don't include the 1 hour lunch break. In most developed countries a 9-5 job is considered 8 hours, even though you typically get a 0.5~1 hour lunch break. In Japan a 9-6 job is considered 8 hours because you work 8 and have a 1 hour break in the middle, which is pretty dumb in my opinion, since you still have to be "at work" for 9 hours.

1300 eurobucks is well enough. No reason to complain.

Even with the dorm it's still way below what they should be getting paid, I'm pretty sure similar roles in America pay at least 3x as much.

>160,000.00 JPY = 1,384.00 EUR

What, that's a pretty damn good wage for sitting all day.

>They work from morning until 9 PM
The fuck is this.
Are they working until this late too IRL?

All the time it takes you to get to work and back home also isn't included in your work time.
And you're free to leave your workplace and eat outside in your lunch-break.

It's called overtime

Not every country is America. There's a reason why your country is called the "land of opportunities".
I worked 60 hours each week and still wasn't able to cover living expenses without help.

Wannabe KyoAni, never made a good show.

Minimum wage in that prefecture is 770/hour, meaning this would pay 123,200 pre-tax, not 160,000, if it was actually minimum wage.

If you consider that this post is literally for fresh grads without relevant experience who will be trained from the ground up, it's not actually that bad, especially if it includes access to that 10k/month PA Works dorm they built earlier this year.

It also mentions it will include raises, which in the Japanese job market means regular, set raises every X months regardless of how much your manager hates you or whatever.

>I only rent a bed for sleeping? that's all?
Yeah, i've meant that.

>in America
Kek. In America, those jobs are outsourced to 10x cheaper poo in loos.

Certified faggot, never made a good post.

Uchouten Kazoku is at least a 7/10

Yeah, but my point is that in North America and Europe at least, "an 8 hour work day" generally means you go in at one time, then clock out 8 hours later.

In Japan "an 8 hour work day" means you go in at one time, then clock out 9 hours later.

Basically Japanese work days are straight up an hour longer than an equivalent Western work day, not including overtime or anything, is what I'm getting at here.

>Yeah, i've meant that.
Nope.

That's how it works for Asia in general.

But I thought exploiting workers was the norm

Ok

Still better than unemployed or take 2 part-time jobs with less than 4 hours/sleep everyday.

>19h00
>9pm
Are americlap really that retarded?

That's not work where you clock in and out though.
I work in Europe and have a 40-hour week, which has to be actual work, which would translate to 8 hours of work per day.

I would gladly do it.

You can definitely survive off of 160,000 a month even in Tokyo. You can get a nice (if small), fairly central apartment for 60,000, 45,000 for food, 15,000 for utilities/internet.

Employers in Tokyo (most of Japan, I think, but definitely in Tokyo) reimburse your commuting expenses, so that's taken care of (everyone commutes by train and/or bus, or walking/biking if close enough).

Taxes and social insurance will eat most of the rest, so it'll be hard to save much or go out more than like once a month, but it's definitely liveable for a young person without a family, which is who they are targeting with this position.

And this is in Toyama, not Tokyo, so it's actually cheaper to live there anyway.

21:00 wtf is there even that many oclocks in a day?

I'm not saying there aren't any other places that do it that way, but I'm trying to say it's something for people to take into consideration when comparing this job to a, say, American equivalent.

No, there's only 12 hours a day, silly burger.

>45,000 for food
Sure, if you have an appetite of a hippo or a fine dining elitist.
If you want to cut cost but still eat nutritional food, 15,000 is more than enough for one person.

That was my first thought too, but the pic they attached says 21:00, so I gave them benefit of the doubt that's what they were referring to, even though it's not relevant to this job posting.

It's totally pointless to compare jobs in Japan and the US anyway.

but aobutt gets to work with cute girls so it's fine

That's not stopping people in this thread from doing it anyway.

>but aobutt gets to work with cute girls so it's fine
If only my co-workers are Aoba and her cute christmas cake friends. Real life is full of suffering.

>midori will never get her snot on your sleeve
kill me

Because you're a boy. Midori available for girl only.

>eating shit

No, eating shit would be 5,000 Yen and under a month.
15,000 Yen is decent, 45,000 is elitist tier, and we're not talking about luxury lifestyle, but living expenses in general.

This is not an incident in animation industry but the similar abuse of Japanese worker.
Female milk deliverer in Aomori prefecture got no salary for 2 years.

There are too many problems surrounding workers in recent Japan.
Those cannot be solved only by ourselves.
Please help us by raising voices from outside Japan.

This thread again. Unbelievable.

Hello burger.

Technically they're not working because they check out at 5

Sorry, can't hear you over the sound of such masterpieces as Shirobako, Hanasaku Iroha and Uchouten Kazoku

>about 400€ for food
What the fuck, are you eating caviar every day?

I would love 1k a month. I make about 600-700 a month if I'm lucky. I live off of old shit cheap food and the kindness of others. I don't have a car, have to ride a bike everywhere, my apartment is so small the shower is in my bedroom and the living room is my kitchen. So yeah. That'd be great.

Fucking PA. I wanted them to prosper since they're one of the few source of original anime these days.

They get alot of benefits like free transport, food, apartment etc.

>stupid idiot worked for 2 years without salary
Any normal human would have quit after max. 5 month.
And that happens everywhere.

Yeah that's well past the "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" point. You'd have to either be an idiot or just doing it for fun anyway.

A lot of them work 12-16 hour days usually.

That's okay for Toyama.

Unlike Bones, they're in Toyko and yet still only giving 160k per month.
bones.co.jp/test_wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/99/2017bones_3DCG.pdf

Sure thing they do

Oh and if you have great skill, Sanzigen will pay you 600,000 per month.
sanzigen.co.jp/company/recruit_tokyo.html

And you know what, Sanzigen's Fukuoka office only have 2 employees right now, they need more employees as fast as they can, so it's your chance now!

>勤務時間 12:00~21:00(基本)
>12:00 pm-21:00 pm.

What the hell Bones.

Apple and yogurt for breakfast is ~300 yen, one coin lunch for ~500 yen, some sort of rice+vegetables+meat/fish cooked meal at home for dinner for 500 yen on average is 39,000 yen for 30 days.

You can definitely live well off less than that if you want, but it's real fucking easy to spend a bunch of money on food in Japan. The "housewives who pinch every penny and murder each other over supermarket time sales" is a big stereotype here for a reason.

Giant tariffs on imported food and not much arable land for a population this size making domestically grown shit pretty expensive doesn't help matters.

What's wrong with working 9 hours?

>tfw this thread made me feel bad for pirating
fuck you Sup Forums I didn't come here to sympathize with nips

>Apple
>In Japan
That's pretty much caviar.