Cell Phone Free

Any Sup Forums bros refuse to own a cell phone of any kind, even a "dumb phone"? Never owned one; don't even have a landline.

>Literal spy devices and tracking beacons.
>Used to categorize you based on your browsing, typing, and political beliefs.
>Can be intercepted, infected, exploited, etc. by anyone with an IMSI catcher.
>Precursor to mark of the beast.
>Make people stupid as fuck.
>Even if I liked them, I can't stand the perception of being one of the stupid masses who is glued to them.
>If I learn that someone I admire or like has a cell phone, I instantly lose 40% of respect for them.
>Don't even want to be around friends who use them.
>Feel so alone, even though I have friends.

Used to own a business until a few months ago, so I will have to apply for jobs soon. Still curious of how to apply for a job though without a phone number, and how to go about explaining that I don't have one and refuse to get one. Anyone dealt with this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseband_processor
fsf.org/blogs/community/replicant-developers-find-and-close-samsung-galaxy-backdoor
theregister.co.uk/2002/06/25/why_intel_loves_palladium/
youtube.com/watch?v=2RXdPT-rVQQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Could get a burner and use it for a month or two, and continually change your number.
That could help with jobs.

Yes, I don't. As for the things you mentioned, the worst part is it's not just the software that is compromised, but the hardware also:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseband_processor
>A baseband processor typically uses its own RAM and firmware
>Since the software which runs on baseband processors is usually proprietary, it is impossible to perform an independent code audit. By reverse engineering some of the baseband chips, researchers have found security vulnerabilities that could be used to access and modify data on the phone remotely
fsf.org/blogs/community/replicant-developers-find-and-close-samsung-galaxy-backdoor
>Today's phones come with two separate processors: one is a general-purpose applications processor that runs the main operating system, e.g. Android; the other, known as the modem, baseband, or radio, is in charge of communications with the mobile telephony network. This processor always runs a proprietary operating system, and these systems are known to have backdoors that make it possible to remotely convert the modem into a remote spying device. The spying can involve activating the device's microphone, but it could also use the precise GPS location of the device and access the camera, as well as the user data stored on the phone. Moreover, modems are connected most of the time to the operator's network, making the backdoors nearly always accessible
>we discovered that the proprietary program running on the applications processor in charge of handling the communication protocol with the modem actually implements a backdoor that lets the modem perform remote file I/O operations on the file system

It's a crutch not owning one, because it's expected as a norm, just like having credit is and using it instead of cash, etc.

Oh, of course, hardware is backdoored and exploitable, and always has been. Sucks. Ditto on the credit card thing too.

Yeah, until you're expected to answer whenever they call, etc. and always have it on and following you. Hmm. Maybe Google Phone or whatever running in Whonix or something.

Most employers will throw out your application within 30 days and you can always resubmit with a new number.

Ive tried. It's rough.
However, took kikebook off my phone. Feel freer already.

I forgot to mention, this kind of shit supposedly is in all laptops and computers for the past ten years or so, in the form of Intel vPro or Intel AMT chips. AMD supposedly has a similar thing. No escape, m8. Thankfully, Revelation in the KJV bible warns us about this kind of stuff a couple thousand years or so in advance. We're due any day. Only true Christians go to heaven. At least I can look forward to that.

Oh, I wasn't even talking about the application process, exactly, but the application and then if you're hired and expected to always be on call.

Congrats, keep it that way. In 2012, my friends and I made a pact to delete Faceberg. So far, I'm the only one who still isn't on it. I barely even hang out with those friends anymore. Come to think of it, it's been months since I've talked to them.

Can =/= will.
Nobody cares about what you do online - not even meddling self-serving government leeches. You're fretting over the fact that something is merely possible which is irrelevant when the possibility is never realized in reality.

>Missed the Snowden leaks.
>Missed when IMSI catchers were found all around a city in Norway.
>Thinks he will never have an enemy.

Gooby pls. But yes, I see how you can have that view.

Actual circumstances in which people are fucked with are famous because they're exceptionally rare. Them taking all your data has been known forever, but it's not terribly relevant when they don't have either the logistical strength nor the motive to care about mundane trivial communications that laypeople have between one another.
I understand the sentiment of "that this is possible is annoying" but Jesus Christ don't cripple yourself by not using a fucking cell-phone - they're so incredibly useful.

>care about mundane trivial communications that laypeople have between one another.
That's the thing, though. What may seem mundane or trivial to you could be a gold mine to alphabet soup agencies. The You Know Who categorize people and their data based on any number of things. Own guns? Dislike taxes? These things may seem trivial in every day conversations, but they're used against you passively or with a future threat over your head. And you make many hundreds of such innocent comments in your conversations each day that are stored for anyone in the future, in secret or public, to use against you at some point.

>What may seem mundane or trivial to you could be a gold mine to alphabet soup agencies
I'm an outspoken state-loathing anarchist with a public name tag. If they haven't bothered me in six years they're not gonna bother you - it's not worth anyone's time. The "sedition" part of the alien and sedition acts is gone and isn't a thing a prosecutor can turn you into a notch on his "successful (((bad guy))) prosecutions" belt.

I don't own one, mostly due to how badly I'm addicted to PC, and I don't want to be one of those people who look at a screen anywhere they go.

Phones are of the devil!

Have to admit they're indispensable when you have an emergency or need to phone home Gonna be late or Hon-neeee, Can you pick up xxxx on your way home?
But I have a flip phone and have always hated phones in general. Long talkers will make me lie without batting an eyelash.

>owning the multi-touch jew

I'm not talking about a small and local enough level to be prosecuted by a prosecutor exactly. More like the big picture, and things that happen in secret. Remember when the IRS targeted conservatives? Things like that, but on a much bigger scale, I suppose. My point is that it's not good under any circumstances, really. If the founding fathers used cell phones in an NSA age, the revolution would have been dead in seconds.

Hey OP whats it like not having a job

It's not good but the practical impact to you personally is absolutely trivial. They're doing far more to negatively impact your life by making you paranoid enough to forgo cellphone use altogether than they would ever actually manage if they had every single ounce of data you'd ever sent through ANY medium.

its the same thing as processor serial numbers and used for the SAME THING
theregister.co.uk/2002/06/25/why_intel_loves_palladium/
thats what it is, them wanting to spy on you and turn a working machine a computer in to a big fat fucking thing for them to spy on you with
by the way the FaceApp thing, i cant get to work on an emulator on my pc
i found out why now
it phones home, my app blocks spyware IP's. so heres a list of what the fuck their sending all the pictures you put in their too

your stupid as fuck they refuse to let anything work they cant get to phone home so they can ping you

you claim its neutral but WHY NEED IT? thats the idea, they want to spy on you with it.

you stupid asshole

No but I increasingly want to get a dumb phone. Overall Smart phones have more downsides than upsides and I never use it to game or anything but having access to google and navigation esp when travelling is hard to replace.

Hey, I apologize in advance but I'll keep it short :
There's a contest at my uni to get funds from companies and there are a lot of projects run by SJW and even worse feminazis. College is already an awful place so just help me keep it in the bearable zone fellow polacks. We have one of the projects that does not have social justice written on it
Just open the video and watch a few seconds to add views

youtube.com/watch?v=2RXdPT-rVQQ

Jesus Christ. NO HABLE ESPANGLAIS MI AMOR

wat

I have a tablet for this. Are tablets unfashionable? I did buy one in 2012 and use it ever since.

you're denying yourself of privileges though if you don't even have a smartphone. Being addiced to it is a choice you don't have to make. Sometimes that humbleness-badge some of you are parading around with makes you look like an idiot. All this fatalistic nonsense about how a person is suddenly less in your eyes because they own a smartphone. it doesn't even make any sense. And yeah, good luck getting ahead in this world without a fucking cellphone. It would never work where I live to be without it. Plus, what do you do if you're away and then something tragic occurs? You gonna need that phone.

If you don't want Facebook and Instagram, I can understand but Christ, you need at least a phone number and an email address.

An email address, sure, but not a phone.

>Plus, what do you do if you're away and then something tragic occurs? You gonna need that phone.
What can I do in such an instance? People always say things like that, "but what if X dies and you can't be called?" What exactly would change if I was called when X died? Would X come back to life if I had a phone?

It's very obviously not only about the instance iwhere somebody you know is about to die. it's necessary to have a phone around you if you have an accident. last year I had one which actually left me with a scar but I was glad I had my damn phone so I could call an ambulance and have them arrive quickly so I could go to the hospital and get my medical needs met as fast as possible. it's also just good to stay in touch with people you care about.

>Literal spy devices and tracking beacons.
>Used to categorize you based on your browsing, typing, and political beliefs.
>Can be intercepted, infected, exploited, etc. by anyone with an IMSI catcher.

Everything else you said is autism.

No phones here, it’s great. It actually baffles and angers normies. I do have ham radio though and always explain how APRS+voice is superior, cheaper, and lets me actually own my own infrastructure.

Plebs gonna pleb, but people should shame phonefags more often.

>no mobile device
>no landline
>posts on internet
Something's not right here.