>Issue 51
>Toriko (END)
What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/?t=59302443#lastpost
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Look at chapter 1.

It was never good to begin with.

It was pretty fucking shit compared to DB or OP.

not enough waifus for 12 year old kids

I had to name 3 things?

>Zebra being irrelevant for the last third of the manga
>Not showing us all the areas
>8 kings were a major disappointment except for Bambina

I think I watched 1 episode of the anime and the designs were utter shit and it was about food or collecting it? Fuck knows but it wasn't interesting enough.

No waifus.
Kids dont care about bromances

what about HxH then?

Different times, Stockholm syndrome.

It's different when it's cute shotas
It's the 21st century no one cares about bara anymore

>8 kings were a major disappointment except for Bambina

are you 12 yo?

It pumped up the pacing by 1000% somewhere during or after Bambina.

It's harder to say what went right

Mammoth arc
Soup arc
Livebearer arc

Literally gay shota bait
Are you new around here ?

The anime BUTCHERED Toriko

Yet it run for 150 fucking episodes

Well the OP was pretty fucking sick brah

I dropped the series when the four kings make that genkidama to defeat that beast in the city, this series have any good pint after this?
Because they want to push Toriko as the next Naruto or Onepiece in popularity, remember that they do around 3 crossover to bring the fan of OP and DB to watch Toriko

No, it was. Toriko was fun as fuck.

In terms of story: time-skip. Toriko was quite fun and adventurous in the first half.

In terms of sales: timing. We live in a era of fujobaits, Toriko belongs to the 80s.

>Because they want to push Toriko as the next Naruto or Onepiece in popularity, remember that they do around 3 crossover to bring the fan of OP and DB to watch Toriko
the tv ratings were quite good

Maybe the rating was good, but was because the airing time was almost the same time that Precure and OP, also in term of merchandise (Figures, games, manga sales ...) Toriko never had the same impact that DB, Naruto or OP

FUCKING DRAGON BALL RUINER

SUPER HAPPEN BECAUSE THIS SHIT

it went on for almost 400 chapters, that's pretty good

Naruto looks weird

Komatsu

I dropped this because everybody was sucking his dick

They even gave Toriko a waifu as a "no homo" for every gay thing they pull.

>people don't realize this is all a ruse
space arc will still happen guys

I like it, too bad. I was hoping they go to their own Namek arc too with all the ingredients in the universe. Though that too probably fucked because of Neo puking everything he ate out.

This. It was completely fine until he decided to rush things towards the end. Maybe he stressed out the fact that he had to make 3-5 more long arcs for each ingredient? I was really looking forward to NEWS, ATOM and EARTH before they decided to just give all three to Toriko and gang.

>Rin does almost nothing of value before the time-skip
>Toriko gets engaged to Rin
>She pretty much disappears from the story for the rest of the series
I am 99% sure they only did that so that readers would stop asking if Toriko and Komatsu were in a gay relationship.

It has kurapika.

The place where is basically lost all popularity was right around the time skip and the millennium egg arc.

It wasn't made in the 90s when it would've been a massive hit, it was made in the 2010s when people are fucking retarded and enjoy Bleach and Nardo

>cute shotas
>cute husbandos
>cute traps

visual is everything nowadays, bro. toriko is cool, but is ugly.

It went to shit exactly the moment komatsu became the jesus ass puller. Also losing his trademark nose was a huge mistake.

The Anime.

The more kid orientented anime affected the source material, which steadily turned it into shit.

Doesn't help that after the anime got cancelled, Jump propably figured out that they couldn't turn it into a cash cow and handed out the cancellation slip, so the author had to completely fuck up the pacing to end it in a reasonable amount of time.

More like what went right for it to serialize as long as it did

The whole Toei and Shueisha push to make Toriko the new big thing at the level of DB and OP just looks embarrassing now

Yeah, it was even more blatant and desperate than their current push of Black Clover.

Give me 5 reasons Toriko should be remembered as very good. I very much doubt it would have compared favorably to the likes of Slam Dunk, Rurouni Kenshin, or YuYu Hakusho. It wasn't that impressive of a series user, get over it.

HxH isn't for kids. It's for adult.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAxHAHAHAHAHAHA

When HxH moves to a monthly magazine, then maybe I'll agree with you.

For now, I'll just laugh

>1.Funny characters
>2.Great adventure feeling
>3.Very creative scenario
>4.Very creative fights
>5.No wasted time with soap opera inner drama

Oda and Toriyama stopped trying to shill it

Torino wedding this chapter, right?

is it really the ending?
does it say end?

I haven't read the manga, but in the anime that chef guy with female voice pissed me off so much. Dropped anime simply because of him.

Is the manga over? I dropped it around the time Acacia's waifu was revealed to be alive and working with the watchamacallits. Did it get bad enough to be good?

That's not his wife really

I don't understand, what's the point of this thread.

Is this the same guy that has been saying
>Toriko is cancelled!
Since 2012?

t. wanpissfags

Two chapters left.

Considering how Bleach took a nose dive in rankings and Boruto got cancelled, I don't think you can call either of them popular.

So is Shonen Jump pretty much ruled by One Piece and Hero Academia now?

Satan is right

It will likely have a better ending than Bleach, at least.

Boruto what ?

Spoilers are out. Full course's history gets explained.

>Boruto got cancelled
Is this confirmed or are you talking out of your ass ?

Where ?

>Boruto got cancelled
what?

juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/?t=59302443#lastpost

People were just a retarded in the 80s. Humanity never learned.

Thanks.

>Boruto got cancelled

It was just retelling the movie so far and it wasn't weekly, so I could see this happening.

There has been so much power creep, nothing makes sense any more.

Haven't read Boruto in a few months but is the movie retelling not over yet ?

No.

DB manga skipped the movies for the most part, but it was passed up by the Anime that retold both movies. I guess DB just had a bigger following.

the naruto anime is still ongoing

Its all filler though.

$500 the last chapter will be a timeskip, everyone will have kids and ends on a sequel hook.

Shit, but still readable, unlike Nurutu.

Same for Shokugeki and look at how thats doing

I'm quite surprised he mad it this far with such a shitty premise.

WSJ Stalker thread this is Boruto's last chapter apparently.

No, it's not. You might be just be crazy.

Between the movie retread and the manga artist cutting off Hinata's tits, it was doomed.

Oh, well. Nothing of value was lost.

MC has awful design and chapter 1 was boring as fuck and I never gave it a try really. I might one day but first impression is really important for me. Feels like Monster Hunter manga.

It was always shit and Toei force feeding it to it's readers like the next One Piece left many with a bad taste.

I'll admit some battles in Toriko where quite good but the story itself was pretty meh. The characters were incredibly flat and quite honestly a lack of females didn't do it any favors. Not to mention Komatsu is easily one of the most annoying sidekick character ever.

>Hero Academia now?

People read that crap?

What? really?

it's the top series in rankings average

Yeah, it even has a general.

They knew I was waiting for it to finish so I could read it all.

>crap

It really isn't.

>interesting story
>pretty good characters (for a Shonen)
>great art style
>plethora of 10/10 waifus

What's not to like?

It's shittier Naruto. Story is God-awful (biggest terrorist in the world target....schools all the god damn time people!!!). Typical Sasuke-type rival who has the same ambition and rolemodel and we all know that MC will give OfA to Sasuke who will combine it with his power and save the world with power of friendship. Art style is good and so are waifus but sadly that stuff is irrelevant when story and characters are shit and where everything is generic. And not to mention the whole hero ranking that we've seen before and world setting is boring.

>It really isn't.
It is though.

It's awfully generic.

Bullshit

>Typical Sasuke-type rival who has the same ambition and rolemodel and we all know that MC will give OfA to Sasuke
This reads like someone who read a couple bits of the summary on Wikipedia and thinks they know how the manga is going to go

No it literally reads like someone who read many generic shonen manga before and can see another one. Feel free to tell why you think it will end differently. I read it up until Captain America was revealed to everyone, feel free to ask anything.

>What went wrong?

They asked Shima to rush the ending in the middle of the Another arc. The manga immediately went to shit.

The first volume of Boruto sold pretty well though.

>What went wrong?
Them trying to push it like it'll be a part of the next Big Three. Seriously, why would they do that?

I don't know why you're taking the bait (or why I am, for that matter), but just in case you need this spelled out for you : It's not ending.

>Seriously, why would they do that?

Marketing. I never heard of it until that One Piece special. I quit reading it after first chapter but I bet many people liked it. It's like Eminem pushing D12 guys for them to make some money, it's smart.

literaly all reasons because of the forced wraping up

this