What's the most "2deep4u" show you've seen? Pic related

What's the most "2deep4u" show you've seen? Pic related

Hard Mode: not eva or something equally cliche

Tenshi no Tamago

is Ghost in the Shell also cliche? fuck you, I love it all the same

Easy Mode: Eva

Oh, shit, somebody else watched Eat Man. Nice.

Betterman, no question.

go fuck yourself

This show is pretentious nonsense

Master of martial hearts

How the fuck is Eatman 2deep4u?

Limit Cycle

>Eat Man
>Xamd
>Pretentious

Maybe you're just idiots, that ever occur to you?

This was about as deep as a cereal box.
The presentation of it was just screwy to hide that fact, and the ending's a bit open ended because that's how things are in that narrative.

Honestly? Lain.
But i don't think that it's really a deep show. It's just shit and hypsters are meming the show in the deep category

This thread isn't about actually being deep. It's about being "2deep4u."

Pic related

what do you consider "deep" then? K-On?

Considering "deep" is used almost exclusively something pretentious, there's nothing but petty insults to make here.

No show counts as "deep" because the goalpost for it is pushed impossibly far back.

Utena I guess.

penguindrum I think.
Deep but everything is explained even if not directly and makes sense if you think a bit and pay attention. It's not pretentious with random frame or hollow synonym

this one
i enjoy that one

I remember reading photocopied of the manga in the 90s, I now realize how old I am.

that and "2deep4u" is used both positively as a defence and negatively as an insult so it's hard to tell the intent anyway.

ITT: people who have never seen Limit Cycle

>Thinking watching this garbage makes you smart.

Pretentious.

I got bored of that one and skipped it, which is strange, because I love 2deep4u stuff.

I wonder what is the purpose of this kind of thread. People are just calling shows shits to counter the counter-culture hipsters with no effort being put in to explaining why.

Penguindrum is probably my favourite anime and Lain makes perfect sense if you think a bit and pay attention.

Okay, I love that show, however looking at some of the commentary about it I wonder if it's so popular because people like Susan Napier at Brown University wrote so much about it at a time where dubbed anime was more limited.

I knew I couldn't be the only one, Back then we didn't have internet or a store that manga. I borrowed a trash tier version from the library.

Oh, it's /blog/!?
I downloaded Chobits manga through dial-up 56k one chapter at a time and was running back and forth making sure no one picks up the phone.
It was also how I was doomed introduced to a wonderful world of weaboo shit.

Please no, my backlog will just increase.

My first manga binge was ranma 11/2 downloaded via a 24.4kb modem in New Zealand. It took me so long to finish it, just to see Ranma and Akane walking to school. Worth it for my introduction to manga and comics in general.

One Punch Man.

I know it's not, but that fanbase is something else. I don't know why they push the idea its deep.

Oh, god, I forgot this existed. What a piece of shit.

A children's cartoon - despite being made in another country and being in a language that you don't understand - can never be considered deep. The medium limits anime to being plot twists and relying on asspulls to appear to have substance. This is why fun is the only entertainment value you can derive from anime.

If you are looking for intellectual material to stimulate yourself, try a book that doesn't have pictures. Check best seller lists if you want something worth your time or dollarydoos. Otherwise looking for any kind of stimulation in anime is a waste of time.

Too obvious. Nice try, though.

This was the worst thing I've ever seen in this respect.

Portrait of a Petite Cosette
Proto version of Shinbo's pseudo-artsy stuff Shaft shits out every season these days except upped to eleven to make it extra unbearable; complete with nonsensical story, endless monologues, overusage of panning and random takes with objects that have nothing to do with the scene obscuring 90% of the shot.
Not exactly confusing in terms of symbolism (because there's no symbolism); but you can they tried their hardest to "be different".

I loved Eatman, especially the first season. S2 was more similar to the manga, still a fun action series but with none of the stupid 2deep flair the first had

Story of an autist roaming a dystopian future eating machinery and breaking women's hearts until he ate a fucking nuke and died, went through some kind of afterlife in a forest, and I don't even know what was supposed to be happening in the last episode other than him talking to ghosts and eating the heart of his airship waifu

Women love autists

A lot are adaptations of comics, and also comics for adults. The animated adaptation is then for adults and that's called adult 'cartoons'. Not solely because of possible sex and violence themes, but because generally ADULT oriented product. Like these experimental animation movies that get prestigious prizes at festivals like Angouleme. Most of these aren't for kids, they wouldn't understand nor even be even interested.

Animation is a media like another. Judging it inferior to other medias that choose to deliver the same message a different way is just... dumb.

>projecting onto someone else's assumption this hard
You realize you're proving him right, right?

>he hasn't watched Genius Party
It's like a 2 hour anthology son
Get off your ass