Berserk

What went wrong?

Are you looking forward to S2

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WXWDTb73AeE
youtube.com/watch?v=wEvtnqh5OsE
youtube.com/watch?v=AjITvchkHFQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This anime was doomed when the studio and staff was announced.

Seriously, who the *KLANG* thought it had a chance? Guess they didn't wish hard enough.

But the P.V looked great m8

youtube.com/watch?v=WXWDTb73AeE

Absolutely disgusting.

>What went wrong?
Should have put your grasses on.

WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS?

youtube.com/watch?v=wEvtnqh5OsE

It more baffling why they didn't utilize susumu more

youtube.com/watch?v=AjITvchkHFQ

True. An easy fix since the animation will be fucked regardless would be to let him insert more musical tracks.

To be fair they DID tone it down considerably later in the season but by then you kinda start to actually miss the clanker

More of the same. Maybe less bitching from you idiots would be nice.

midnight bump

But how good is it compared to the 90s series?

>What went wrong?
Nothing
>Are you looking forward to S2
Yep

Don't ask for the impossible. One has to bitch when the quality is this abysmal.

>*KLANG*
Just fucking watch it

would watch if it was good as this.

Kind of annoyed the CD just had updated versions of Forces and Zodd and not also having the originals

>>What went wrong?

CGI

Guts become one-line faggot

and *CLANG* sfx is the worst one, that shit keep resonating in my head and it driving me insane whenever someone mentioned berserk-related things (i wish i can cure this insanity)

Lots of things went wrong - but it's Berserk. Meaning while the animation was shit and the sound editing (music) was poorly mixed it is still Berserk. The story carried the thing. Even a butchered Berserk somehow still manages to captivate. There were some great moments in it despite everything. It deserved far, far more care than it did.

Yet, there was HAI YO. The scene in the first ep when Guts pulls the Dragonslayer out for the first time was epic. His dialogue with Godo on his deathbed was amazing. Lots of things with Farnese worked well and so on.

I find myself liking it despite it being objectively bad animation and editing wise, and compared to the manga it's laughable. Yet somehow I still watched it and enjoyed myself.

And that's a dangerous thing because we NEED good studios and good animation.

They stuck to rotoscoped CGI rather than hand-drawn animation. I mean, fuck, this is one of the most high-quality longrunning mangas still going today, it deserves better than rotoscoping. I mean, just imagine Berserk with the animation quality of David Production or something like that.

The scene where he talks to godo means nothing when we didnt get to have the lost children or black swordsman arcs. Godo was reaching out to him, trying to pull him from that blackness in his heart. Thats less meaningful when you dont show how broken and fucked up guts became after the eclipse. I couldnt actually believe they showed the beast of darkness while cutting out the fight that made it form from the timeline. And when we see guts fights an apostle(the pig guy) he actually promises it a quick death. Guts offering an apostle mercy before the conviction arc? Whats the point of his inner beast then?

what are these? mario 64 sky boxes?

It was great. I liked the CLANG. 8/10. Better than most anime garbage.

>What went wrong?

Nothing; that's some damn good anime.

god damn that promo poster got me too fucking hyped

Never trust promo posters again

Fucking clang

right ?

fucking compare it with the actual CG model

Came here for this.

Wwhy the fuck would they give this 24 episodes?

Because it had a budget of 2 yen and people still ate it up

gotta fire up that google sketchup

Nothing, it's just an anime. Berserk fanbase is annoying as fuck

KLANG is in the game too

Only Sup Forums complains about it

>user, I see that you're a wealthy lord. I need supplies and troops for my army, and I'm tired of seeing my men die. Maybe there's something I can "help" you with in exchange?

Are the blurays gonna make any difference other than 3 scenes that are now animated?

Will we ever get a lost children OVA?

The clanging in the game is pretty subtle compared to the anime.