Is this the most iconic scene in all of anime?

is this the most iconic scene in all of anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AsIQ_kA77b4
youtube.com/watch?v=U6YMdlijN8I
youtu.be/AsIQ_kA77b4
youtube.com/watch?v=-6fyxUdFTNU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>bluray rip

>all those pixels

yeah right

>evangelion

No.

I dunno. How do you measure something like that?

I got ya most iconic scene right here buddy.

i dont recognize that

sauce?

not even the most iconic in it's own movie

Remember to not reply to newshit bait.

Not even the most iconic scene in Evangelion

for the general population it's Goku going SSJ on Namek

why didn't they shoot in her general direction?

Is that a Gurren Lagann reference?

literally filename, jesus

Evangelion doesn't have enough fame to be all time.
It'd have to come from akira or gits maybe ghibli.
My vote goes to the motorcycle race in akira.

only people in their forties saw Ashita no Joe

youtube.com/watch?v=AsIQ_kA77b4

Yes
I'm serious

Nah, it's either this or 1st super saiyan

Ehem
youtube.com/watch?v=U6YMdlijN8I

There are a lot better scenes than that

If someone asked me to define anime, I'd say Evangelion.

Because there was a city underneath her.

>for the general population it's Goku going SSJ on Namek
DING DING DING
We have a winner

nope

Goku going SSJ on Namek is what got me into anime. I think it's safe to say nothing even comes close, here or abroad. Even people who don't know what it is know about it.

Dredging up all the feels...

this or something like pic related seriously.

No.

the whole opening sequence yes
youtu.be/AsIQ_kA77b4

I remember

youtube.com/watch?v=-6fyxUdFTNU

These, but eva is up there too. Also pic related.

The scene of Ash doing what?

All in the Top 5 probably

it's actually this

that's not that first/second episode scene is it?

No, it's not

Holy shit that gif must be as old as the animu.

Eva is not. Most people who don't know anime don't know eva.

okay, digibro. I can't even tell if those are real people or dolls from that picture. What vivid "emotions"

Literally what the fuck are you talking about. Eva is one of the anime that is most likely to be known by people who don't watch anime.

What fucking drugs are you on

Surprisingly enough, many of my entry-level friends seem to be familiar with eva/third impact. Definitely not the most known anime, though.

I meet plenty of people who watched EOE and skipped NGE; because it looked old(in one case a guy said that he can't stand the animation.)

this.

It's "I choose you, Pikachu!"

the best

thread proves Sup Forums doesn't know shit
it's obviously last shooting

Why does he eat the leaf?

was just about to post this.

all the images in this thread are primarily iconic anime images FOR GAIJIN.

This is simply because its what we've been exposed to. Bebop, DBZ, EVA, ect. and this generally being only from the last 20 or so years in which anime fandom has taken off in the west.

Most of you newfags don't have a good grasp on just how seriously Japan takes Gundam. Its their Star Wars. They have Char Aznable themed automobiles, vibrators, and a GOD DAMN 1:1 SCALE STATUE of the RX-78 sitting in Tokyo.

I know most of Sup Forums despises Gundam to the point of giving it its own containment board, but we do NOT speak for anime fandom at large.

no, not even close.

for fuck's sake, it's not even the most iconic scene of the anime it comes from.

Like most sci-fi anime, that's just ripped off from Star Wars.

Throwing a pokeball.

Holy shit, haven't seen this in a while.

around nothing's ever gonna keep you down

This scene seems pretty popular among AMV makers

Other famous anime scenes are:
>Satoshi seeing Ho-oh
>EVA 01 holding Kaworu
>Mimi's hat in the sky
>Goku turns into an ape
>Goku vs Vegeta
>Gohan's Father-Son Kamehameha
>Haruhi's God Knows scene
>Gurren Lagann's final battle
>Edward and Alphonse trying to transmute her mother
>Mami dies
>Nausicaa's God Warriors scene

Nah.
Let's be honest, it goes to the bike from Akira.

This. Literally every kid in the world has seen this or a scene that paid direct homage to it.

>there are people who have watched EoE without watching NGE

Honestly, I'm more okay with that than the people who watched all of NGE but didn't want EoE because they don't want to sit through a movie.

That makes even less sense, seeing how NGE is ~9 hours.

>GOD DAMN 1:1 SCALE STATUE of the RX-78 sitting in Tokyo

I see you fucked up the greentext.

>(in one case a guy said that he can't stand the animation.)

How the hell does one consider the animation in NGE to be bad?

Not him, but there's a lot of still shots in NGE. Also, the last two episodes and several scenes of other ones are almost clip shows. The show also has the occasional QUALITY moment.

It still looked pretty good, though.

this

That makes no fucking sense, why would someone watch EoE without seeing NGE first?

I kind of want to show EoE to people who haven't watched NGE now, see what they think is going on

I'll go with either Akira Bike-slid or Namek SSJ, with honorable mentions of the posted shots of Spike Spiegel and Ash Ketchum.

I did that once. Me and a couple guys marathoned it and one guy came in at the end and just caught EoE. He didn't seem any more lost than the others.

I was 7 years old when I watched Evangelion for the first time. pic related, and the movie fucked me up.

I don't think this scene is iconic but this is definitely the best scene in the entire series. Best episode too.

This scene too.

Evangelionfags will always be the biggest idiots on this board.

Those are Kyoanusfags, kirinofags, umarufags, haruhifags, watamotefags, shaftfags, moefags, (you), etc.

>muh theatrical stops

Over 20 yrs and there are still faggots assblasted about an animu that aired when they were pooping their pampers

it's the highest quality rip that exists

even sephirotic uses it

Eva and Cowboy Bebop are the reason anime went mainstream in the west you fucking child.

>tfw Sup Forums can't even recognize a thinly-veiled rec thread anymore and nobody remembers DYRL

Most iconic scene is basically anything from DBZ up to Namek. A 7 year old up to a 50 year old can tell you who goku is.

How is this a rec thread? We're just naming anime that even the plebest of plebes from Reddit have already seen, and even people who don't watch anime already know about. Just naming anime isn't recommending anything.

hey, I used to remember when we could make jokes about 9/11 and muslim terrorists without teenagers jumping down our throats about western civilization

I'm just correctly highlighting that you're an idiot, which applies to the entire eva fanbase.

I don't mind the show, but it doesn't change the fact that you're a moron.

No, you're definitely dumber. To still be making these embarrassing threads 20 years after the show finished is laughable.

Knowing a brand/character =/= knowing a scene

Probably some shit from astro boy or one of those other series japs always refrence yet baka gaijins seem to have totally forgotten. It's probably not anything made in the last two decades at least.

Gurren Lagan reference thing was an obvious joke by that user since he knows the gurren Lagann scene copied that one not the other way around. The other two idk, might be bait or not. Gits is relatively obscure compared to much more well known anime like DBZ and Pokémon.