Is this a good thing or a bad thing for Chicago?

Is this a good thing or a bad thing for Chicago?

youtube.com/watch?v=D7dTZb_IePI

You'd have to be retarded to live in Chimpcongo

bad idea, less deterrent

seems inescapable at this point - the delusion is so great from politicians. Even trump excused the 3 UCLA players

Is that black science dude?

>living in chicongo

is it jesse jackson?

In Chicago a carjacking is the same as Uber.

Carjackings will skyrocket.

Drivers will carry guns.

Lots of dead nogs.

Chicago gets cleaned up. Brilliant.

Just don't live in chimpcongo, that's easy enough

Also, it should be noted, there's as much people living in Chicago today as there was 100 years ago, they've lost over 1 million residents since 1940

if it becomes detroit 2 I will be smarmily pleased. It's strange how it is still vibrant in spite of the routine violence. I guess it's size allows for large enough safe neighborhoods

It also has economic function, where as Detroit's entire economic base died out.

Chicago is a massive shipping hub, and financial hub of the midwest.

Like, everything between the Rockies and appalacians either moves through Chicago or has offices in Chicago.

Detroit was always just a factory town.

Just pull back all cops and stop policing black neighborhoods. Let them sort it out for themselves.

I don't know much about law but I'm guessing felonies consist of more paperwork no? But just the nig police force being lazy and dey goodbois

>Decriminalizes enough crimes
>City becomes GTA where no matter how bad the offence is you just pay cash and end up back on the street in a few hours
>Armed militias move in and control territory and pay a small fee for their crimes
>Chicago now safe and under control

Brilliant idea.

Minor theft Auto

Whoo hoo!
Free cars in Chicago. Subsidized by CPD!

Shipping? Isn't it on a lake? Can you take a tanker from chicago to england?

Is there a source on OP's claim? All I'm getting are some meme looking clickbait videos..

Not for long. The shipping industry is currently spending billions of dollars trying to avoid and bypass Chicago. It may take another decade, but commerce is working hard to shed the burden of Illinois tariffs and Chicago mob points.

Severity of punishment does not deter crime much, but certainty of it does.

>richest country on Earth
>has no-go cities

By "shipping" I mean the transport of waterborne, airborne, rail, and OTR freight.

Will this actually cause more shootings? do we have more shootings this year compared to 2016?

That's how you lower the violent crime rate, you lower the penalty. Next up, make murder legal and watch the homicide rate drop!

Fake news.

The chicago police are fake news now? Huh, that's weird.

It connects to the Mississippi and thus the gulf as well as NY east coast via the great lakes and canal. It also has a ton of train lines and 2 international airports.

With a gun it's a felony. Also juveniles are treated differently than adults. I'm more pissed that Kim Coxx in her mouth doesn't charge theft under $1000 as a felony. People can go steal shit and walk away with a misdemeanor. And she directed the office to stop prosecuting invalid drivers license. So yea, stay out of Chicago.

Big if true

I hope they know what they're doing. By not making it a felony hopefully the kids get sent to some reeducation camps and not end up rotting in a jail cell ending up a foreign retard back at home and commits more crimes.

The only way to eliminate crime is to make crime legal.

Police forces are lazy as fuck - at least mine is. THey'll arrest you for 'improperly' defending yourself before they arrest a criminal from stealing from you

This man speaks the truth. Unfortunately, much of it is going to St Louis - ie Ferguson chimpout central.

So after I get my misdemeanor, do I still get to keep the car?

Yes, barges down the Mississippi, container ships via the great lakes canals, and it is literally the center point of US rail lines.

you joke but this is literally what they do.

how hard would it be to end EBT/SNAP so we can speed this up? The city clearly can't be salvaged.

Why isn't Jeff Sessions stepping in here? Carjacking is a FEDERAL crime, thanks to legislation signed by Bill Clinton, and it carries up to 15 years in federal prison. Prosecuting carjackers federally can also help roll up larger criminal organizations, using carjackers to "roll" on their criminal buddies for other federal offenses.

I won't be surprised, especially as technology allows for a decentralization of moat of the administrative aspects.

It'll take a long time to do, though. They'll have to build massive amounts of infrastructure somehow bypassing the Chicago political machine. Roads, train tracks, port facilities, and airports outside Chicago all need expansion if chitown is going to be fought, and moat of those things are controlled by politicians in Chicago's pocket.

So it'll likely be a long and slow death Luke Detroit, which is still dragging down type entire state of Michigan by corrupting all state government and federal gibs into trying to keep the city on life support.

What if Amazon decides to build HQ2 in Chicago?

What if the brave trouble youth suddenly stop looting?

Trump would've done better to put Hillary in as attorney general

>carrying guns
>Chicago