Yuri on Ice

married edition

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=6A_dtezybzM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Continuing translation from spoon pages posted last thread. I have to step out of the house for a bit but I'll continue later.

Kubo: An important theme is 'sex appeal'. This is a work of male figure skaters so it's all men, but according to the animators, director Yamamoto said, 'I want you to depict male characters in the way you would a bishoujo (pretty girl) anime'. But even I ended up pushing for, 'Let's make it even sexier!'

translator user, please come back

did Kubo ever implies that Victor's skinship toward Yuuri is just fanservice?

> 'I want you to depict male characters in the way you would a bishoujo (pretty girl) anime'.
Kek I knew it. And the way she said that all the fanservice has been exaggeration because 'lol animu' means they can use this as an excuse to not make Victor/Yuuri.

>'Let's make it even sexier!'

Reminder that we're only at 3/5 Eros

>the male equivalent of the tits fanservice anime
Not committing sudoku was not a mistake. What a time to be alive.

Yeah, reading that made me remember seduce me scene and how Yuuri and Victor's pictures were taken.

This is the sort of feminism the world needs

>Let's make it even sexier!

I need 5/5 Eros now.

Here you go.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=6A_dtezybzM
Yuzuru might be the greatest skater, but this is and will be the greatest SP ever, you know its true

I was just reading the recent thread and
>Kubo: International skaters do a lot of fanservice, so we tried to incorporate that into the characters as well.
But I think anons were misinterpreting that. In anime, fanservice is ship pandering, nudity etc, but for celebrities, fanservice is just going out of your way to be good to your fans (though it can involve ship pandering in the case of idol groups and such).

We shouldn't have gotten our hopes up but I'm positive it will at least have an ambiguous ending. I don't think there will be separation.

Winter is the GOAT sp

I feel Victor and Yuuri have something genuine going on but i dont want to be cucked this way

Please Kubo dont cuck me

I want to mindbreak Yuuri until he permanently reverts to the most beautiful woman in town.

Its bad

I'm liking it.

>people freaking out that there will be a no homo because Kubo said that there is a lot of fanservice in the show

I would freak out if it didn't go in so hard for BaldFat and their emotional scenes weren't taken seriously. Obviously there is fanservice but in bishoujo anime, it doesn't stop having actual romance in play.

Calm down. We already know they may not take the full homo route if they are going for S2 but I don't think they will dismiss it either, especially with Yamamoto at the helm.

I'm not counting on an explicit yes homo end but I'm absolutely sure it will end on a sincere and positive romantic note. There's no way they'd build it up this strongly not to give them a meaningful climax to their relationship.

Remember the interview from last thread, let's wait.
Don't expect, but don't loose hope.

Makkachin is my weakness, I love everything with him.

Keep reading user
> We tend to exaggerate what skaters are like in our imaginations, so even when we drew things that were somewhat unreasonable in the anime, we told ourselves that 'real skaters probably do this too!' (laughs) ... If you draw manga you know that unrealistic stuff often happens.
She pretty much called the fanservice as fanservice and nothing more. It is based on reality of course that's why there is some truth to it but since anime is fantasy, they can go all out with it.

I am not a shipperfag with Victor/Yuuri so this whole fanservice thing was pretty obvious to me. I didn't expect her to say it though in an interview.

I do think they have a genuine relationship that progresses and is good for both of them, but yes an ambiguous ending is the best you can get.

>edition

love will win, faggots

I was trying not to get my hopes up and I'm also not a shipperfag, but it felt like it could have been genuine until she said that ice skaters do a lot of fanservicey stuff. I didn't actually think that they did that so that really sealed the deal that its just meta fanservice. The characters know that they're showing off for the camera which would seem progressive if so many people weren't hoping for something more from them now.

>But even I ended up pushing for, 'Let's make it even sexier!'

KUBO

This is just the series itself, not an iteration it.

Beautiful.

>still no heart pupils Yuuri riding Victor well beyond the point of overstimulation and refusing to stop

T-this is a gay?

I'm a shipperfag and the fanservice thing was pretty obvious to me too. Still, hanging out in these threads affected me not gonna lie. Oh well.

It's not like she specifically said that all the stuff Victor and Yuuri does is fanservice though and a lot of it wasn't in front of a camera as well.

I think people are making a mountain out of an ant hill.

love will win.

I actually sent an ask request for some heart pupil stuff from this artist. We'll see how it goes.

Faceless/yuuri please nip fujos

Good job, user. Good job.

Can't wait till Yuuri and Victor make out on screen.

>not having Yuuri loved tenderly
Digusting

I found a cute one with heart pupils on pixiv but it's vanila.

The problem here lies that anons, the Western side at least, took the fanservice seriously and as a mean it will lead to something at the end because 'how can they get away with it? Its so gayyy' you know comments. To me it was no different than what they do with boobs/panty shots in your regural anime. They just changed the gender and you have this show.

Victor/Yuuri does have a good relationship. My favourite scene of them is on episode 4 at the beach because there was no fanservice to fill the camera and just genuine interaction. That's why, if you take out all their fanservice scenes you are left with a nice relationship but nothing that can tell you it leads to canon homo. It's no better or worse than your usual sports relationships.

I understand. I have been to threads of other shows before which affected me towards a pairing. I think you still shouldn't lose hope but better not have high expectations either.

Ravier is a better dancer.

Look beyond the fan services and you will see that relationship between Yuuri and Victor is quite substantial.

That is why hand holding the most eros.

post. i'll take what i can get.

Fellow translator user here, I am ready to bash my head against the wall at all of you misunderstanding the word fanservice. In Japanese the context is always referring to things that celebrities (especially actors or sports players or authors) do to please their fans, such as:

Holding autograph sessions
Voice actors doing *insert character*'s voice for a fan.
Baseball players signing baseballs for kids

The actual meaning of the word. They have a completely different word for the western understanding of "fanservice" you are talking about, which is サービスカット. Which is not the word Kubo used or what she's talking about.

So please stop freaking out about it, FFS.

Could be

based user.

these faggots are making no sense.

I thought that was Phichit for a second and was on the verge of being triggered.

But if its based on bishoujo fanservice, the fanservice tend to be different than your usual fujobait fanservice.

It's really funny people automatically think that Kubo means that she will no homo Yuuri and Victor. Bishoujo fanservice is all about the tits and ass and YOI has been delivering on the ass and nudity front but it doesn't mean that any scene with Yuuri and Victor is fanservice though.

Plus the nip fujos want BaldFat to be canon too from responses from Twitter too.

She did say they take this and exaggerate it in the anime form. I don't see what the big deal is If she is calling fanservice as fanservice.

Hakkum? Hakkun?

if you drink 5 cans of energy and take one bernardyl you will see secret R18 ending to this anime

Because people think that she means that she is definitely fujobaiting Yuuri and Victor when the fanservice really is that Victor being a slut that shows off his penis and can't keep his clothes on when drunk. It's like we didn't know that YOI isn't already shamelessly fanservicey without the BaldFat stuff.

I didn't say that any scene with them is fanservice, but if you take out the fanservice then yes, they do have a good relationship that I can see why people like it and want it to become canon. But the fanservice just added more fuel to the fans at the end.

> Plus the nip fujos want BaldFat to be canon too from responses from Twitter too.
Please tell me when fujos, Nips or Westerns, don't want their homo pairing to become canon?

I don't think that regular fanservice is comparable to YoI fanservice or even other shows with BL fanservice. It's different in it's nature that it doesn't dwell on hugs long and you don't hear the internal thoughts of the characters in these scenes. Fanservice in YoI is excessive shots of Christophe's butt and showing off Viktor's ass in the hot spring. The scenes where Yuri and Viktor have emotional connections don't feel like this. They're just sudden snapshots which is why they feel so different. We get a second of forehead touches where as we also got multiple, long, full frontal ass shots and jokes about coming. The scenes that show the growing relationship between Yuuri and Viktor don't read like fanservice scenes in other shows and even the fanservice in its own show. That's why it would be a disappointment if it ended up being nothing between them - it's never out of place or exaggerated like the other very obvious fanservice is and it would honestly be borderline cruelty to not have something real developing between them.

KUBO IS LITERALLY TALKING ABOUT SPORTS PLAYERS BEING NICE TO THEIR FANS AND THEN CHANGES THE TOPIC IN THE NEXT SENTENCE. WHY ARE YOU ALL SUCH MORONS. It's like you saw the word "fanservice" in an interview, immediately stopped thinking or reading, and just starting spewing stupidity.

You fags will forget about this meaningless thing once Episode 7 come out

This is Sup Forums, user. We don't do logic here very often.

Remember that a lot of people are hoping for some payoff with Victor and Yuuri so anything that sounds that it's a set-up for 'no homo', it freaks some people out.

Translator user here, I'm back and seeing the thread I should probably clarify a few things regarding the translations from the last thread.

When Kubo was talking about real life skater fanservice it's as said, the fanservice isn't like anime fanservice (tits, ass, gaybaiting) and more like being nice to your fans and putting on a show when performing. For example, the raunchiness of Swiss' short program. Things that happen off the rink, e.g. Victor and Yuuri being all over each other, isn't part of that.

The thing about unrealistic stuff in manga wasn't directly talking about the skater fanservice (or homo between Victor and Yuuri) and was more general I think. Things like Victor travelling across the world to train Yuuri and being naked all the time.

Is translator user there? Can somebody translate OP's picture?

Also cleaned version of OP's pic where?

Arigatou for reminding me of the hand holding.

>bernardyl

No clean version yet. It would also be missing their wedding rings so we don't need it.

Is it realistic for competing skaters to be so nice to each other?

There are lots of boys here, but only one best boy. Who is it?

The OP picture doesn't contain any new information. It's basically just a summary of the past few episodes to get you hyped up.

That's a long time.

Dog

can somebody remove the watermark? i want to make this my new phone wallpaper

They seem cool with each other for the most part. Unless you're Korean or Chinese and you want to eliminate Yuzuru.

Thank you for clarifying. I think a lot of us shipperfags have gotten our hopes up, so anything that sounds like it's implying a no homo end automatically gets people rustled. Just last thread we got Kubo saying she wanted to take things all the way, so people shouldn't give up hope yet.

China!
US and/or Yuuri also acceptable answers.

Ok then my bad. I took the fanservice the other way. Keep hoping for canon homo then.

@hakkunhakko

Otabek really must be the final boss if he gets such a frontal spot in the group picture, combined with only showing up towards the end of the series.

And best boy is Victor.

Translator user kun if you are free please translate this

I'm working right now, but if no one has done it by tomorrow I'll do it for you user.

Related

Is this Chris being able to determine which ass belongs to which skater using touch alone? My sides

The josei style is very charming to me.

Fairy forever and always!

in the previous threads, some user have translated the relationship chart. can somebody reupload that?

I have questions about this drawing like why Hard Virgin is so angry? And why Chris is hugging up Thai? Why Legal Shota is all the way in the back ;_;?

Thanks for clarifying.

Thank you.

Made this for you, senpai.
Sorry, didn't see this.

I think this is the final version.

I want to spank Fairy's naughty butt and hit his cute balls with a switch!

Fang and Witch seems like afterthoughts, almost like she forgot about them and only added them into her drawing later.

The seduce me part from Victor to Yuuri was wrong. It was 'I'll make you win' or something like that.

BUTTMEISTER

C: ...Yeah, this butt is Yuuri's. It's yours.
Y: HYA
C: Phichit, your butt's got a nice shape
P: Wawa
C: The way these come together, it must be Georgi.
G: CUT IT OUT
C: ...!!! Victor!! Ah, it's so good!!!
V: You're a little too excited about it~
C: But you've clearly lost some muscle. Even if you say it's 'cause you've been coaching, you're slacking.
V: That wasn't the plan, but maybe I've been eating too much good food lately
Y: He really knows who it is just by their butt...
P: It's pretty amazing. This made a good vid, so I'll upload it~

user you're a treasure.

Actually, I remember someone saying the seduce me line was actually something else and posted a fixed one. I forgot to save though.

Oops. Thank you!

I hope Otabek beheads that faggot

It's ok, good work sempai
I would just correct Pichit blacks, because those stand out too much,

Yep, just noticed, here's the correct one.

That finger digging up Victor's ass is perfect.

>This made a good vid, so I'll upload it~
Once again, Thai proving to be moving up the ranks of best boy.
Good work, user.

I laughed. Thank you user!