I think we can all unanimously agree that these are the two best shows of the year but which is better?

I think we can all unanimously agree that these are the two best shows of the year but which is better?

>Mob Psycho

Those are both excellent, but Rakugo though.

Wait till FF ends. Also... Rakugo? Seriously? That show was so boring...

What does the right one have of special?

It took one month and a half for Flip Flappers to finally have a good episode.
At the moment, Mob is leagues above it, followed at some distance by Rakugo.

Mob Psycho was ugly, unfunny garbage. Flip Flappers easily better.

>I haven't watched Rakugo

I just realized that coming-of-age stories about middle schoolers are really good this year.

Overrated shit.

Flappers has better animation and art style. Both suffer from style over substance and are not very good though.

I think Mob probably had the better animation and "style over substance" is the criticism of an intellectual and artistic invalid. Flip Flappers is the better show though.

Mob was a fine manga before Bones put their hands on it.
Flip Flappers without its art and animation is literally nothing. Unless you're really into blow average magical girls shows.

*below average

Not an argument
>this book without its words would just be a piece of paper

Sure it does. It's one of those rare anime which while having fantastic elements doesn't get bogged down in silly exposition and it is one of the few anime that manages to approach genre hopping in a serious way rather than parody way and consistently pull it off well.

>blow average
You should stop sucking dicks for a while, it's starting to get into your head.

Is animation the only thing that matters for you?

Sorry,but I think the silent majority of Sup Forums agrees that Rakugo easily is the best this year.

>It's one of those rare anime which while having fantastic elements doesn't get bogged down in silly exposition
>it is one of the few anime that manages to approach genre hopping in a serious way rather than parody way
Watch more Mahou Shoujo.

Best for sakugafags maybe.

Outside of its art Mob Psycho was a really boring show. It's not like ESPERs are something new, and give you the right to forget adding a plot.
Also the humor was bad.

Sorry user but none of these are the best show of the year.

>occultic shit even in the poll
>dude boobies lmao

It's a reply to
>Both suffer from style over substance

>forget adding a plot.
Next time try watching the show.

I've watched plenty. Tell me about some other shows that do the same if you actually have an argument. Almost every other mahou shoujo show has a furry little friend that explains how everything magical works to the girls for example.

>blow average magical girls shows
only the horror ep was already outstanding most of anime in tearm of horror element.

FlipFlaps really is a very welcome freshness to the genre

And it was also devoid of any real development.

Mob sakugas

91 Days was better.
Drifters is better.
Rakugo is better than the two.
That said, they're still pretty good. Mob could be AOTY if they've had included Mogami and Reigen arcs.

You can read that as "an interesting plot" if you prefer.
It's still the same.

>91 Days was better.
Average gangster flick. Full of QUALITY.
>Drifters is better.
Stills and bad CG: the show. No reason to watch it over the manga.

>91 Days was better.
>Drifters is better.

That garbage taste.

>91 Days was better.

Mob's pacing was less than Ideal, but that's a limitation of it being an adaptation that stops at the starting point of MC's development arc.

With the Mogami and Reigen arcs, it would've been AOTY easy, but now, it's just one of the best anime of the year.

Even though I don't like the characters as much, Flip Flappers might be better by virtue of having a complete, closed story, in addition to it having superior art design. I mean, it could still drop the ball, so I'm not gonna lock it in yey.

It was great you fags.
If you ignore the QUALITY.

It was Rakugo.

>by the numbers period melodrama for bored housewives
>AOTY
It was only good for the rakugo scenes.

It was a poor year.

Flip Flappers isn't completed yet. It'll need to stick the landing to make it as AOTY.

I think a lot of overrate it because firstly, it isn't the usual anime about high schoolers type of schlock which some people think is somehow inherently valuable and makes a show good to begin with and secondly it makes them feel like an intelligent and well cultured anime fan for appreciating an aspect of muh Japanese culture.

This. Remember how everyone was claiming BokuMachi to be a masterpiece, then the ending was overrushed shit?

All those buzzwords.

Or Habanero after the first few episodes.

>Remember how everyone was claiming BokuMachi to be a masterpiece
Only MAL did, it was shit since the beginning.

Erased was never that good

You could say the same for 91 Days and Joker Game, but the former is just decent and the latter is shit. Rakugo is just awesome, regardless of genre.

>everyone was claiming BokuMachi
What? It was always just seasonal garbage.

Nah, Sup Forums was all over its dick.

>Remember how everyone was claiming BokuMachi to be a masterpiece
No? The only people who thought Boku Dake was a masterpiece are the same people who thought Re: Zero was a masterpiece. The manga jumped the shark pretty clearly, and the anime only made it worse.

t. Digi brony dickrider

Joker Game wasn't that bad.

Fune wo Amu is a better show than Rakugo quite easily.

Is starting some artificial fanbase war all you could find to fight off your Mob withdrawal, shitposter-kun?

Pure Illusion is a stunning world. How anyone could think otherwise is beyond me.

>two best shows of the year
But what about Flying Witch and Luluco?

I love what Fune wo Amu is doing, but it doesn't even come close to Rakugo.

Banana is second best to FF

I agree, Fune wo Amu doesn't come close to Rakugo because it is so far ahead already.

I don't see the hype behind Flip Flappers unless you're really interested in creating theories and looking at hints/clues towards the story, It's very pretty and some episodes are good like the last one but any talk of AOTY is way off the mark.

Rakugo/Mob Psycho 1-2 for me.

>I don't see the hype behind Flip Flappers unless you're really interested in creating theories and looking at hints/clues towards the story, It's very pretty and some episodes are good like the last one but any talk of AOTY is way off the mark.
Don't bother, the circlejerk here on Sup Forums decided Flip Flappers was a masterpiece before it even started airing.
And no amount of flat characterization, poor dialogue and aimless episodes will make them change their minds.

>At the moment, Mob is leagues above it
what? the start of mob was boring as fuck.

Yeah Rakugo is so far ahead, well said.

occultic 9's kind of frantic moments are pretty cool, but not enough to put it over the top.

meme psyco is the definition of mediocre and rakugo is the gaymen meme AOTY. In short: shut the fuck up tripfag.

>I don't see the hype behind Flip Flappers
I wouldn't expect you to Lelouch you've always been the paragon of shit taste.