twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I haven't been happy in 10 years.

Eh, it's okay.

it's not gits if you dont get to see some titty

>trailer opens up with cunt talking
It's going to be bad, lads.

Looks like B grade shit.

>judging based on a trailer

I don't think so. Ask me again once it's out.

>drops down with stealth suit
>isn't stealthed
>muh matrix bullet time shit
horrible

>you are the first of your kind
When was the major the first ever cyborg? I don't remember this being in the canon.

Trailer always shows best things about the movie. If trailer is shit movie will never be good. Also - what else should I use to judge the movie? I will not buy a cat in a bag and pay for a movie without knowning if it's shit

>pay to see a movie
>on Sup Forums
You are supposed to pirate it. Do I have to walk you through this?

Not offensively terrible, but it looks like it'll be an inferior mishmash of the various anime installments.

As I recall, she may not have been the first, but she was at least unusual in how much of a robot she was.

>what else should I use to judge the movie?

Here's a crazy idea user - how about you wait until it's out and see what the word is? That would require you to deal with not being there on "DAY ONEEEEE!" though.

To me it looks more like it's going to be a generic Hollywood story in front of a generic cyberpunk background played out with almost recognizable characters from GITS.
That doesn't mean it's bad. It just means it's Hollywood. I do think it's going to be bad though.

Cyberpunk is a good genre, maybe in 2030 we will have this reality.

Looks decent. I'm so starved for anything cyberpunk that I will watch this on release day

>As I recall, she may not have been the first, but she was at least unusual in how much of a robot she was.
Nope. Remember the cranefolding terrorist who got a cyberbody around the same time as the Major as a child?

I thought she was the first full body cyborg as in only some parts of her original brain are still there

>it looks more like it's going to be a generic Hollywood story in front of a generic cyberpunk background played out with almost recognizable characters from GITS.

Nailed it.

Yeah, her and Hideo were the first kids to get full cyborg bodies and grow up as such.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xgico_Psbgk

This is going to be bad. Not Ghostbusters 2016 cringe bad, but disappointment bad none the less.

that hooded figure looked familiar

>but it looks like it'll be an inferior mishmash of the various anime installments.
It looks like they were referencing the manga too with the lesbo kissing.
I think mishmashing everything including shit like like matrix gunfight nonsense is going to be the movie's downfall.

I pretty much think the same too except generic imo means boring.

A D A P T I O N

He's also in the movie.

Except that was in the anime. In the trailer she's shown to get her cyborg body as an adult. Feels like they're trying to give the story an original spin with elements taken from the various gits sources.

APOLOGIZE

The first race in that movie was pretty good. Too bad about the rest of it.

Looks decent actually, thought I'd hope if they'd have more of Shirow lighter tone in his original manga

>In the trailer she's shown to get her cyborg body as an adult.
She swaps bodies every once in a while though. I hope they don't go with this, but I'm not going to watch it anyway, so whatever.

They're not doing puppet master.

>She swaps bodies every once in a while though
Again in the other sources. I doubt that will appear in the movie.

This entire movie was just right.

Hollywood adaptions turn out to be shit though, look at dragonball.

Skeptical.

Will pirate it out of curiosity.

>in other sources
As if this movie has any validity or effect on the GITS canon. The Major is a turboslut that swaps bodies whenever there's upgrades because she's an incredibly advanced weapon.

Looks pretty funny

But all you need is kill is kinda ok

They also showed the intro scence with the original score.

twitter.com/NEO_Magazine/status/797737366471450625

it was a fun movie, your point?

It was barely an adaptation. This looks like a copy of1995.

They probably used the original score as temp music. If so the final score will be pretty similar to it.

Longer version
twitter.com/osteoferocious/status/797737538387472384

Seriously, what the fuck is up with that haircut? Why does he look like he just shit himself?

Criminally underrated.

How did this guy get the job? His face is way too doughy to be any sort of convincing Batou

Kill me for thinking it's pretty good

Is that Kuze at the end?

This.
FUCK

Maybe they omit it in the trailer though.

They can't put tits in a trailer. That would cause the Americans to clutch their pearls.

I thought they confirmed that Laughing Man was cast in this. So it's probably him.

I expect a mishmash of puppet master, LM, and Kuze. I doubt this movie's LM will bare too much resemblance to SAC's outside of basic themes.

The scene of her brain being put in the robot body made me remember the Alita adaptation.

I hope that somehow never comes out.

I think they pulled this off well

She won't be running around topless in the movie either and you know it.

Will we see Major making out with her female friends in her web lesbian sex sessions?

Me too, user, but slowly things are turning for better.

Just don't brain yourself and maybe things will be fine.

She had topless scenes in other movies.
Why not?

Looks better than expected.
>inb4 it's like Innocence and we get 2 hours of pretentious quotes

Why are they making this?

Because 13yo burgers are allergic to tits, apparently

I unironically love this movie.

>it's '99 again
not thanks

Has Motoko ever actually called herself the Major? I can't think of an instance of that and it seemed weird in the trailer were she says it over coms. Likely have and just didn't even think about it then but nitpick now i dunno

Did you not watch the trailer or are you just blind?

Is this movie just going to completely miss the point of the original? ScarJo's acting is usually robotic and they can't even get her to do that for the one fucking character that is actually supposed to be robotic.

Reminder of things that have happened:

Kite movie
Death Note netflix movie
Dragonball Evolution

Edge of Tomorrow did pretty good too iirc and GiTS is just normal/scifi enough to adapt and maybe get something out of it and y'know the Scarjoe insurance.

>M-Maybe next time you can design me better
>smiles awkwardly

>for the one fucking character that is actually supposed to be robotic.
She's not supposed to be robotic though?

>13yo burgers
Looks like a 16+ movie for me here in Europe. How fucking shitty is the American rating system.

Maybe it's gonna be R

They want people to forget how fucking dumb it is that they casted a skinny white lady to play the Major so they're avoiding using her name.

>Trailer always shows best things about the movie. If trailer is shit movie will never be good.
Not quite. With heavy CGI films the issue is that most of the rendering would not be done until it is near première. So that is why most Sci Fi films these days don't show action scenes until the last few weeks. With GitS if they have good scenes, they are not ready yet. Wait for the final trailer.

youtube.com/watch?v=8V8sLlqJB2w
Name a better live action anime adaption.
You can't.

No I didn't, don't want to spoil myself too muich.

Consider me cautiously optimistic

Man I loved Speed racer growing up. Watched it on MTV as a child, than once again when they brought it back on Cartoon Network. When I saw the trailers for this. I know, I know they had it right.

It looks like it might actually be half decent

Reminds me of the spy kids movies.

>Trailer always shows best things about the movie.

Nobody tell this guy that trailers are typically cut from dailies and other early sources and often contain scenes that aren't even in the finished movie. I don't want to burst his bubble.

>that shit casting
JUST

So, she's undoubtedly a cyborg this time around.

A lot of the pre-trailer clips got me kind of excited, individually they all had this feeling to them that was sort of doing it for me. This trailer does exactly the opposite, all of the interest that I'd been building sort of just deflated at this jumbled mess. Every bit that was taken straight from the animated film just looked awful.

>Battle Angel Alita is directed by the director of Spy Kids

Then don't ask questions that could be answered by people who watched the trailer.

>trailer is used to entice the audience to see the movie
>trailer looks shit
I know you;re probably a shill, or literally an idiot. No one says what you just posted.

Maybe they thought the carefully planned SAC's gunfights would be too lame.

Something feels really awkward. Get the feeling that ScarJo doesn't even know who she's playing.

Makes me want to see Death Note live action even more.

BULLET TIME

JUST

>this guy says that trailers aren't a good way to judge a movie
>clearly he's a shill promoting this trailer!

Just how fucking stupid are you?

If they were worried about it looking lame they wouldn't have hired Scarjo to be their lead action star. Seeing her in a fight scene is always funny.

Are you playing retarded just to keep those autism bux while being monitored?

Shes is a fucking terrible action heroine. Physically her acting is terrible. As far as her actual acting. I barely see where that comes from.

Let me know when you actually have something to say.

I want to die

youtube.com/watch?v=p2MEaROKjaE

It looks like mess.
They are focusing on their top star Scarlett Jewhanson instead of telling the story with already developed character that is not wasting our time with her mumbling.
But you gotta show how she FEELS and ADAPTS to her new state right, because she's the first of her kind.

Gotta find the info about her past because it's clearly super interesting (not).

twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/797737468799815680

The Major had her memories and history stolen and erased? I don't think that's what happened in the anime. Guess she's Wolverine now.

>Not an argument.

The studio responsible clearly has no appreciation for cyberpunk.

Well, we knew from the beginning that Motoko wouldn't remain the strong and silent ubermensch that she was in the original.