>2017
>People still believe in religion

Holy shit, why? Religious people thought that the world was flat, the Earth was the center of the universe; all this shit that ended up being wrong.

Now, a lot of religious people even accept the Big Bang theory and evolution. So much for Genesis, huh? LOL.

None of the shit they believe in is true. There's no such thing as God or gods.

Why is it still around? Plagues, smiting, eternal torture... are these really such attractive ideas that we cannot let them go?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rWmbuKSWLDE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eichmann_in_Jerusalem#The_banality_of_evil
m.youtube.com/watch?t=152s&v=gE0YxtgLjR0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZjuBRaLYWnA
phys.org/news/2011-01-religiosity-gene-dominate-society.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Either you believe in God or you believe in magic, there is no third option

why try to argue on things that you cannot know for certain. Religion is subjective and what's true to one person isn't true to another.
This is silly and just typical behavior from salty atheists.

>Religious people thought that the world was flat
Not true.

>Either you believe in God or you believe in magic, there is no third option

What do you mean? I don't believe in God or magic.

Sup Forums is a Christian board

*pays you for good service while handling his order by touching his hat*

This
Also atheists believe world was flat back then too.

>Holy shit, why?
Because people are stupid.
>Either you believe in God or you believe in magic
What? Believing in God is believing in magic. Either you're a superstitious dumbass mentally no better than a woman or you're a man, there is no third option.

>believed*

>OP falls for b8

what is deism

Atheists don't know anything about science. Learn science, believe in God.

>also be salty atheist
>hop on religion hate page
>fall for b8

Science disproves God.

>people are stupid but I'm not like everyone else I'm actually smart

prove it

Bore off you fucking wank.

If you don't believe in God, I guarantee you that you believe in magic of some sort. You see all kinds of that shit with the "spiritual not religious" types who think God (the source of all being) is a silly idea while they think they can channel energy through crystals

God is not magic. God is the only rational way that you can understand the world, everything else involves magical thinking in some way or other

Literally not even bait, in fact this seems more and more true to me as I find out more about what atheists actually believe

Elaborate please.

Please explain how science can disprove God when science can't even prove its own validity

>Holy shit, why?
Because we aren't complete retards like you

Psalms 41:13 Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting, and to everlasting. Amen, and Amen.

Psalms 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Psalms 93:2 Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting.

Psalms 103:17 But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

Psalms 106:48 Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting: and let all the people say, Amen. Praise ye the LORD.

Proverbs 8:23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

Isaiah 63:16 Doubtless thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us not: thou, O LORD, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting.

Micah 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Habakkuk 1:12 Art thou not from everlasting, O LORD my God, mine Holy One? we shall not die. O LORD, thou hast ordained them for judgment; and, O mighty God, thou hast established them for correction.

youtube.com/watch?v=rWmbuKSWLDE

>If you don't believe in God, I guarantee you that you believe in magic of some sort. You see all kinds of that shit with the "spiritual not religious" types who think God (the source of all being) is a silly idea while they think they can channel energy through crystals

No, I don't believe in anything supernatural.

It's easy to prove that God doesn't exist. I'm too lazy to type it out though.

Do I even need to anyway? Are you guys religious? Answer that and I will disprove God.

I mean every atheist I talk to aren't logical people. The whole point of logic is to come to the truth and they aren't interested in being proven wrong. Theres no way to know if God doesn't exist. Most of them operate under the assumption that "because I haven't seen it with my own eyes, then it cannot be true" or "because I cant rationalize it or scientists cant prove it, then it must be false"

*Tips fedora*
M' free market

Not understanding the significance of religion is for literal brainlets.
Many atheists are so retarded they can't see the actual reason for religion is not for the ideals they hold, but rather for the allegorical truths about human nature as well giving accepted axioms for communities to live by.

so were did the big bang come from? kek

God is real, modern religions are mind control and a joke.

People are weak and they have to believe in something. But their is a after life and rebirth. No one religion is right.

>i'm not a complete retard, so i'm gonna listen to this jew from 2000 years ago when all the simple machines weren't yet in common use and a grain mill was the most advanced technology and people thought animals fell off trees, grew on the side of submerged logs, etc

Yes i am part of the holy roman catholic church. Do me a favor and write a short paragraph how you think science is disproving God.

Atheism is just another religion, a belief system which thrives on the very thing it claims does not exist.

I'm sure you do believe in magic in some way, whether it's actual magic or a faulty interpretation of science that ends up being twisted into something magical

It's because they don't know the difference between science and scientism

If you don't realise that God actually exists, either you yourself are a brainlet or there's a reason that you don't want God to exist

>Not understanding the significance of religion is for literal brainlets.
>Many atheists are so retarded they can't see the actual reason for religion is not for the ideals they hold, but rather for the allegorical truths about human nature as well giving accepted axioms for communities to live by.

Maybe I disagree with you that these ideals and axioms are good things.

Maybe I think religion leads to petty differences, mistrust, and war between groups of people, like the Israelis and Palestinians.

I don't follow any religion but realize that there may be a creator who may or may not exert their will upon us.
life is the universe observing and experiencing itself.

>It's easy to prove that God doesn't exist. I'm too lazy to type it out though.
kek

You aren't interested in finding the truth but rather just ram rodding everyone with what you perceive to be the truth. This isn't a way to convince people of what you believe

let me explain it to you your way, scientifically.

I think there are maybe some macro-social-economic variables that are hard/impossible to observe by scientists, but are linked to the level of religiousness in said society. And when there is no religion, those variables and social chains simply deteriorate, causing the downfall of a society. For someone to observe, study and catagolize it, you would need extremely big data such as complete multi generational (100-200 years) behavior of humans, every thought, action, words spoken. Just now, with the advent of digital technology, it may be possible to do that. With the Facebook, NSA spying and recording every word, CCTV cameras on every corner, all kinds of crime statistics and thousands of other statistics available, i believe Islamic scientists in 300-400 years from now (or maybe shorter, depends on quantum computing development) may come to exact conclusions why Western civilization have failed, and exactly why religion is the "skeleton" of civilization, holding it all together.

Every society/civilization that existed in written human history had some kind of religion. When people stopped believing, that society/civilization collapsed.

atheism is not a religion. Its just the disbelief of God or gods. the belief in Gods or gods is a loose definition of religion.

This.
Atheistic commies will destroy the civilization

>Maybe I think religion leads to petty differences, mistrust, and war between groups of people, like the Israelis and Palestinians.

Yes humans are very peaceful, its religion that caused all wars. Everything is about religion not profits or power.

>mind control
No fucking shit, you say that like it's a bad thing.
Humans are social creatures and each of them has their own rules and values they live their life by. If they see someone, even within their own tribe violate those rules then that creates friction.
Religion solves this by giving mandated values and axioms that allow humans, very social creatures, the ability to live more harmoniously in tribes.
Don't be so fucking retarded.

That's because every society that ignores the moral law eventually pays for it

Atheism is a metaphysical worldview, and the "one less god" line is pathetic and reddit-tier so you should avoid using it since it conveys a misunderstanding of what monotheism actually is

>Yes i am part of the holy roman catholic church. Do me a favor and write a short paragraph how you think science is disproving God.

I don't even need to. You're Catholic, that means you think that Hinduism is a false religion, you think Islam is a false religion, you think Judaism is a false religion, etc.

Funny. All these billions of people, intelligent adults, got duped into believing religions that weren't true. Man, you must be a goddamned genius or something to pick the one religion that IS true.

I don't need to prove God doesn't exist. By the same notion that you label Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, and all the other religions in the world as being false I LABEL *YOUR* RELIGION FALSE AS WELL.

Because it's a base for right wing politics.

Without it, the right would just look like assholes trying to control people.

Hi my friend i saw you posting this already, i think it has some hard truth in it.

One way to prove God exists is to look at the organization of the universe.
The universe has LAWS in which all things in it are governed. An atom has the similar organisation of a solar system.
It all comes down to the existence of light.

Nothing in your post has anything at all to do with Catholicism. It's just a generic platitude that you use to keep yourself from thinking. Totally irrational.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eichmann_in_Jerusalem#The_banality_of_evil

Atheism is a belief system or in other words, a religion.

>It's easy to prove that God doesn't exist. I'm too lazy to type it out though.
>I'm too lazy
What a weak crybaby, go do some pull-ups and be a man, faggot.

I believe in God the way a liberal believes a kid with a dick is a girl if it likes the color pink.

The Big Bang Theory was proposed by a catholic priest and was initially dismissed as creationism.

Young-earth creationism was considered heretical more than a thousand years before Darwin.

You are retarded if you think mind control is a good thing. You don;t need religion to be a moral person. And you don't need people in power, who can be corrupted (and have been) controlling the idea of God.

You said you can prove it. Do it. If you would have an understanding for religion and history you would understand why im catholic.

>my belief is a lack of belief

>You don;t need religion to be a moral person
It's hard to be a moral person when you're clinically retarded like niggers or abbos. Think in the long game about religion.

You need religion if you want an objective and rational basis for morality. Otherwise you're just being one form of Nietzschean among many: someone who is moral because that's what he chooses to be, and his morality just so happens to coincide with the parts of Christianity that he finds easy.

>An atom has the similar organisation of a solar system.

That's wrong.

Meh, I don't feel like typing it all out.

It's not like this topic has facilitated good discussion anyway. "Hurrr you wear a fedora!"

Why would I write out a lengthy post if the replies are going to be single sentences?

>you don't need religion to be a moral person
Wow, it's almost like that's not what I'm fucking saying.

I'm saying that societies need firm axioms to live by or it creates friction and violence due to opposing values.

It grants consistency, laws are accepted axioms, but where did laws come from?

(Religion)

What's the matter cuckboy? The soy rot your fingers?

>make new definitions for words
> piggy back off of Canadian shills ad hominin calling people reddit tier
>be given definitions and pull some Kant shit

>None of the shit they believe in is true. There's no such thing as God or gods.
Prove it. OH WAIT YOU LITERALLY CAN'T.

>Calls me a "cuck"
>Worships a God so weak that he could be killed by puny humans

LOL.

i posted this first time some days ago in thread "Why are people religious in 2017?"
I think after some refining and changing this text may be used to shut mouths of degenerate atheists
feel free to save and copypaste if need

>Im' a complete retard and will listen to any body in a labcoat and glasses
Yeah Sciecce rules!!!

unholy*

God can't be killed

I'm not religious you know?
If you have convictions in something you put effort in defend it and prove it right, you're a weak man because you're unable to put up a fight for your beliefs, you're a lazy and pathetic person.

i mean have you heard science lately. coffee cures cancer ect...

>2017
>people still believe that all life came from Rock soup & that nothing exploded & created everything for no reason

>a lot of religious people even accept the Big Bang theory
Why not? After all, it was a Catholic priest who developed the big bang theory....

It is but a coping method for dealing with the inevitability of death. Eternal nothingness? No, but afterlife? YES!

And to be fair, some brought up around it are fucked too. They just accept it instead of challenge. I'm sure they know it's false.

Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are the worst things to ever happen to social conservatism.

Maybe you are just blind and deaf. And your name isn't written in the Book of Life. I doubt that. But maybe it's true.
God is visible all around us- not just in the tangible proof of his Creation, but that you can actually see things being worked out. And literal miracles that even doctors/ veterinarians can't explain & will tell you up front.

I've always found it ironic that unbelievers would say the belief in God is "magical thinking", yet propose such incredulous fantasies as the Bg Bang theory and evolution. Archaeology has documented so much of what is written in the Bible.
If you can look at the diversity of life; the intricate detail, an imagine that it came into being like that, I don't know what to tell you.

God is available to you if you ever have a change of heart. And his Son, Jesus Christ, is available, for your salvation. They're always there, wherever you are.
God gave you the free will to make a choice. And unlike men, will never take that away as long as you walk on this earth.

Big bang theory is dildos
What happened before it
You so called scientists have blind faith in the existence of nothing.
Your nialism is why dudes in dresses are pissing in the girls bathroom

My only problem with these kinds of posts, is the talk about religion is almost always subversively, focally anti Christian and less anti Jizzrael and Jizzlam when Christcucks are the least problematic.

You are just trying to dodge that, if you were too lazy to type as you said, you wouldn't start this bait thread

ProtiP:
Atheism is in decline; religion is on the rise.
2100 will be more religious than 1900

>mfw I see a Chr*stian

fpbp

>If you have convictions in something you put effort in defend it and prove it right, you're a weak man because you're unable to put up a fight for your beliefs, you're a lazy and pathetic person.

This is Sup Forums. Not a formal debate, pendejo.

This topic was actually more successful than I thought it'd be. I thought there would be more fedora pictures.

This isn't good discussion, or anything resembling intelligent discourse between adults, but hey, it's good by Sup Forums standards. This place is normally full of shitty topics and shitty posters.

>I should listen to the whore of babylon

>Why is it still around?
Spooks

Christians did not believe the earth was flat. God tells us in the Bible that is round. In the book of Isaiah

With the hillbilly inbreds and internet trolls giving Christians a bad name and Islam literally being a cancer wherever it is, I don't have much faith in a positive outlook on religion from developed countries for the remainder of this century.

You do know why people believed that the world is flat because someone other that God put that in there Islam is a good religion to do research on because most of it is scientifically poven and is thousands of years old

This

m.youtube.com/watch?t=152s&v=gE0YxtgLjR0

>when your "religion" is based off the idea that "might makes right" but then you get completely BTFO'D by humble cheek turners that cut down Thor's favorite tree
How's the larping going,American?

>fedora pictures
There are only two and I posted one just because someone said they everyone else is stupid.

You just have nothing to say for yourself. Admit it and stop dodging questions you claimed you could answer earlier.

Who do u bother user? You will die anyway, with/wo Big Bang, evolution etc

This.

The final redpill is realizing that God exists but religion is the invention of man. God wants us to understand him through observing and testing the universe, not squabbling over whose collection of desert stories is true and which demiurge we must repent to.

>gadsden flag
>atheist
Imagine my shock. What is it like living without any morals but expecting others to uphold morality when it suits you?

What a sad existence.

>Holy shit, why?
Because atheists aren't reproducing.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZjuBRaLYWnA
phys.org/news/2011-01-religiosity-gene-dominate-society.html

Then why bother making 9 posts if you're not going to discuss or prove your point of views in this discussion?
Why bother if you're not going to bother at all?

>mfw a dirty Chr*stian addresses me

oh is that the part where you have no argument?

All abrahamicism is judaic. Period. If you want to believe in God, fine. If you worship The Magic Kike, fuck you, you're not a Nazi.