Miyazaki coming out of retirement AGAIN

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-13/hayao-miyazaki-working-on-proposed-new-anime-feature-film/.108775

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Fuck him. I'm not gonna watch any more of his films.

Good.

somehow I knew he couldn't stay away

hopefully his next film is more like his classics, less like ponyo / the wind rises

He's such a tsundere.

more like nausicaa, less like wind rises

I would fucking kill for another Ponyo.

I'm sure he's very upset by that.

Hooray I can't wait for more overrated family friendly themes and boring writing hidden behind the same style I've seen for a decade.

>a decade

nobody is telling you to watch it faggot

how does it feel having no soul

Spirited Away was GOAT

I can't wait to see your poor bait when it comes out.

Yes, he has been making bland crap for over 10 years now.

Who would have thought it, that's totally surprising.

>no taste the post

>a decade

Never liked his movies so I don't really care.
The masses will probably like it though so anime get more popular wich means they'll produce even more anime movies so this is a good thing I guess.

>even more anime movies
Do you mean like DB Evolution or the new GITS?

I mean anime movies. Animated movies from Japan, not some live action stuff.

Wait how could you possibly not be excited? This means I get more Joe Hisaishi music to listen to. FUCK this is perfect.

this guy gets it

This is like the seventh time he pulled the retirement stunt, nobody believed in it since the announcement.

I was going to call you a retard but I can see I didn't explain entirely well. Yes, he hasn't made anything good in 15 years so he has been a hackor over a decade now. I thought it was clear I was implying his style and plots have become bland and repetitive in recent works. I would love for this new title to be awesome and engaging and unique , I'm just sure it won't because he wouldn't take any risk of tarnishing his japanese Walt Disney legacy.

I'm still excited about the music

Is he aiming to surpass his protege in sexualizing middle schoolers after seeing Flip Flappers?

everyone knows Miyazaki is going to work until he drops dead

partly because he apparently CANNOT stay still and enjoy retirement, and partly because it seems he was unable to ever arrange a protege to carry on his legacy. I mean, the only candidates he had died or failed without Miyazaki around.

>You will outlive Miyazaki

But you know that at some point it will be for good. You just don't know when.

>he doesn't give up
>he still believes

Miyazaki is too good for us

What happened to his son? Is he still making anime after that 3D thing?

hes trying to say that hayao have been making those movies for more than a decade you autistic faggot

There are some people who just keep going on and on and on, out of spite.
They know it's their time to die, but they refuse to because they hate the world and that hatred drives them onward.

Probably just mad at the nips trying to crown a "next Miyazaki" the past couple years

Nah he's just endlessly passionate

Isn't there a manga he's working on?

>Miyazaki rises from the grave to direct a new movie
Awesome.
>It's CGI
Dropped.

What has happened to the guy that was revered at Pixar's because they realized they could never match his skills in traditional animation?

This

Nausicaa is his best work and that was back in 1984

The Wind Rises just wasn't good. I don't think he still has it and he is probably surround by too many yes-men as other successful Japanese creators

The short film he's working on for the Ghibli Museum is CG.

He can't sit back and watch anime die.

punished Miyazaki

>Miyazaki was not satisfied with the CG project as a short, and he presented a project proposal for a feature-length film this past August.

This made me assume the feature movie will be an extended version of the short, using the same techniques. So, CGI.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

What? Don't call me a faggot you ESL scum who can't even follow a conversation. You think he's implying Miyazaki has been a hack since the 80s? Even if he is, that's so wrong it's not worth considering anyway.

studio ghibli has been using cgi for a long time, princess mononoke used it in a few shots. I wouldn't worry too much about it especially if miyazaki is directing the film

OK, disregard my comment. I suck

I just realised Miyazaki is 80 years old and he is still so creative with so much imagination and still is a one man anime making machine

Under these conditions Wind Rises (although not his best work) is a remarkable unbelievable achievement

The man is a legend and awesome

>Sup Forums's arch-nemesis coming out of retirement to save anime again

I salute you and your chain of Kentucky fried chicken restaurants.

He's close to one of the staff of FliFla?

The director worked at Ghibli.

Miyazaki coming out of retirement to Make Anime Great Again.

MAGA

forget about his anime
he should be doing manga instead

I don't think that Stan Lee hates the world. But he sucks the life force of other great people to keep on living.

Unbelievable.

Well, he always visited the studio daily anyway..

But that doesn't have the music..

It's CGI?
Well, there goes my interest.

I still need to watch many of his other movies though, they'll last me for a while.

Wasn't Kaguya-hime CGI too?

>anime is bad guise, mmmmkay?
>oh wait, im not doing enough money, LETS DO SOME ANIME!
and this old fart is relevant because?

I hope it is as good as The Wind Rises
it was absolutely kinography

he should do a loli hentai OVA with him voice acting as the man fucking the loli

Shit taste. Wind Rises was one of his best films.

>not realizing the wind is rises is his best film and an auto biography

princess kaguya is better though

No it was traditional, and it was done by Takahata not Miyazaki

I agree, but its a Takahata film not a Miyazaki film

Maybe Shinkai inspired him or made him feel challenged again. Honestly anime really needs more directors that aren't just placeholders for corporate shills so I welcome it. The last few years since he retired have been absolute dog shit.

I want to make movies like miyazaki

where do I start

>Maybe Shinkai inspired him
don't make me laugh

Beats yet another year of unbroken moe moe hype shit aimed exclusively at otaku and fujos.

miyazaki was right, otakus are trash

Well he's the first director to actually compete with the heyday Ghibli films in terms of box office and critical acclaim. Also I'm sure he's just seen the story state of anime with ACJ just scrambling to milk otaku with events, LN/Eroge adaptations and idolshit and it just absolutely dying in the mainstream and figures he has it in him to present one more sort of alternative. I mean it's been 3 straight years of the same kind of bland shit dominating the scene now and even though Sup Forums doesn't want to admit it even it's starting to lose interest and you can see it in how the forums have slowed down. It's not some sort of magic overnight fix for anime but as someone who is seriously looking for more combo breaker stuff and less of the same fucking shit with the same fucking voice actors and theme song artists and general blandness that that brings with it I welcome back Asian Colonel Sanders to the drawing board to see what he can do.

People need to not take him seriously when he says he will retire. This is, what, his 8th time?

Not interested. I prefer Disney to his movies.

I think it's nice to have optimism for something like that, but you're overstating the state of the industry by a lot. First, you're comparing seasonal shit to big budget motion pictures which is just pointless. Of course a major studio production with a large budget is going to have more quality than low budget advertisements for LNs. Don't fall for the Miyazaki troll quotes, if you're feeling bored with anime than that probably has a lot more to do with you than the industry.

So, if this does actually happen what is everyone hoping for?

I personally thought Wind Rises was a solid note to end on. But I'd love to see him go back the fantasy style in his first few works one last time. It's probably gonna have the same general message as always but I've love to see some of his big round looking plane and tank designs again.

so he is aware that he is trash?

Huge box office numbers only mean it's a family friendly movie. Why is that a good thing?
It's all pandering at the end. You're just upset they don't pander to your snowflake tastes.

he's been retired for like a decade, there's a reason why those movies are shit.

Wind Rises was a huge creative level-up, I'm super happy to hear this. It's a masterpiece in its own right and the perfect film to punctuate his career, but I really did get the impression from it that he still had a lot more to give.

Hisaishi is still making music for people other than Miyazaki you weeb.

I would enjoy if he goes back to his roots, but I would prefer he did something like The Wind Rises again, because I have a hard-on for historical dramas.

Fuck off Aniplex sperge. Miyazaki said he never watches anyone else movie's other than the people at his studio's.

>implying I don't listen to a smorgasbord of his solo work

Criticising Miyazaki doesn't mean that he likes moeshit you idiots

Because he actually makes money.

Not his best film. It lacks polish, he just should have tried to do something like that earlier.

What do you mean it lacks polish?

He's not going to do it. He has all sorts of plans and most of them end up going nowhere, especially now that he's so old. Remember that new manga he promised us 3 years ago when he retired? He never got anywhere with it to even publish it. Toshio Suzuki has even said before that he refuses to ever make another movie with Miyazaki again.

Let's also not forget that Ghibli has been dismantled and all of its animators have left- all that's left are the 10 people working on that CG short with Miyazaki.

If I were him I would try to think about getting the CGI movie finished before I die before jumping into other delusional projects.

I would love it if he could prove me wrong, but it's very unlikely.

Shocking.

He hates CGI though.

>He hates CGI though.
and I hate going to work, in this world we all got to do things we hate, like it or not he's going to make that shit sandwich.

Kek, the wind rises was his worst film.

The scenes feel disjointed and it simply doesn't the kind of memorable setpieces his other movies have. The Wind Rises is a different kind of story from his usual action-packet fantasies, and he seems to struggle to keep the narration together with such a large timespan.

>

Hope if flops, shinkai is our true savior.

Oh great more pretentious garbage for bohemian hipster faggots to latch onto.

2016 is truly the great turnabout year

Funny as shit to me how he spit on Tezuka's grave because Tezuka claimed 500,000 JPY per episode on 60s Tetsuwan Atom, and now he's not even animating. What the absolute fuck.

I don't see it as that unlikely a prospect if he is actually serious about it. Every company in Japan would jump at funding it and I am sure every animator in the country would jump at the chance to work on what would almost surely be his final final project just out of sheer respect for the guy.

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!

But Nausicaa was his worst aside from Howl and Wind Rises was his best

Retirement was a mistake. Nothing but garbage.