A PRAYER OF SALVATION FOR THOSE WILLING

Dear friends, Take this moment, If you want to accept Jesus Christ free gift of salvation, pray this from your heart, humbly to God:

"Dear Lord Jesus, I believe that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, save me, take me to be with You when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven

Other urls found in this thread:

orthodoxroad.com/christs-descent-into-hell-icon-explanation/
psychologytoday.com/blog/psyched/201205/does-autism-lead-atheism
youtube.com/watch?v=9nQ-PXHV6nw
m.youtube.com/watch?t=2972s&v=dPqSelVJvoA
youtube.com/watch?v=_KNmyofe_F4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Amen brother in christ

FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING BAPHOMET WORSHIPPING JEW.

THIS ISNT ANYTHING BUT SOME JEWISH BULLSHIT.

PRAISE KEK

Thank you but no.

I do not feel the need.

Heavenly bump
>inb4 angry heathens ruin the thread

Did your mine craft house just disappear or are you always like this?

So quick question. if these threads are allowed to stay up, does that mean we can make a praise kek thread?

Im sorry friend, but asking for forgiveness does not work today. God wants full faith, no work for justification. It's all in Romans. Now that I have your attention, please help me out.

go fund me @
/cell-phone-for-uberlyft-startup

>sinner's prayer

Sure is PROTESTANT in here

Also, if you don't know where to start reading in your bible then start in Romans. Start in the first four chapters. You will see the wrath of God is against the sins of man and how both Jew and Gentile are guilty of sin. Then you will see that concerning eternal matters, there is not righteous, there is none that doeth good. So, spiritually speaking, since you are not righteous and unrighteous, you need someone's righteousness. God will freely give you his own eternal righteousness (it isn't like the law here where you work your righteousness. God gives you everything up front in Christ) IF you believe on God, who tells you to believe in His Son Jesus and have faith in His shed blood for the redemption(forgiveness of sins) of your soul.

You know what I do not understand about the whole salvation thing? Jesus shows up 2000 years ago and dies for everyone's sins. What about the zillions of sinning people who lived before Jesus was born? Who saved them? Anybody care?

>You know what I do not understand about the whole salvation thing? Jesus shows up 2000 years ago and dies for everyone's sins. What about the zillions of sinning people who lived before Jesus was born? Who saved them? Anybody care?

Orthodoxy has the answer, as always. Allow me to explain through iconography.

Christ’s cape/robe is flowing upward, this symbolizes his radical descent into Hades to save those who have died in the flesh.
The golden bars by his feet are the gates of Hades, which he has broken and torn apart. There are keys floating in the abyss below, which symbolizes that he has entered and conquered both death and Hades.
You may also note the skeletal figure who is chained up: that is Death and/or Satan. He has been bound and killed by Christ, which is why all throughout Pascha we sing “Christ has trampled down death by death.” The icon depicts Hebrews 2:14, “that through death he might destroy him who has the power of death, that is, the devil.” The power of the devil and death have been destroyed through the life-giving death of our Savior.
The two figures whom Christ has grasped and is pulling from tombs are Adam and Eve, symbolizing that his victory redeems all mankind, even back to the beginning. It also foreshadows the general resurrection of the body before the Final Judgment.

orthodoxroad.com/christs-descent-into-hell-icon-explanation/

Thank you, user. Never knew about this. Clicking your link.

Atheism and autism are strongly linked.

psychologytoday.com/blog/psyched/201205/does-autism-lead-atheism

Which is why it's nigh impossible to explain the concept of a Prime Mover to them or that things don't just magically appear from nothing.

Pic related sums up atheists.

You are not saved by just saying some prayer, you have to follow Christ, of course, you have to believe all those things as well. At the end of the day we are saved by Grace but if you literally just do some ritual and don't follow Jesus Christ's teachings, your religion is in vain because faith is made whole by works.

25 And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,

26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,

30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.

31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?

32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.

33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Disciple means Christian by the way according to the book of Acts.

You're welcome. I was raised protestant and always had a lot of unanswered questions as well. Orthodoxy has been able to satisfactorily answer them all for me.

What if I'm an atheist that doesn't hate Christians?

What a very Christian image of you. It's okay, we all know you are closeted boy-lovers.

Protestant is just a branch of Catholicism. You never renounced the Nicean heresies. You literally have no idea what Jesus was trying to tell you.

is it really that big of a deal to die for the sins of humanity if you know you're gonna get ressurrected in like 3 days?

Fuck your faggot Kike! Jesus is folklore. Christcucks keep your ilk out of our government faggots.

Bump

>Protestant is just a branch of Catholicism.

This

Kek!

What if i'm an Atheist but think that a being from without our universe created it and then died/ left?

>all theses kek posters
2016 called,said he wants his cringy memes back

amen

so, i need to hate my family to follow christ?

This one is better because it actually says why you it's just faith alone

The lord be with you user.

>real footage of the user you just replied to

youtube.com/watch?v=9nQ-PXHV6nw

Faith Alone

John
1:12
3:15-16/18/36
4:14(John 6:35)
5:24
6:28-29/35/37/38-40/44-45/47
7:38-39
8:24
10:27-29
11:25-27/40
12:46
14:1-3
16:27
20:31

Matthew
5:19
7:21-23(John 6:38-40)
8:10-13
9:21-22
12:37/50(John 6:38-40)
21:31-32

Mark
1:15
2:5
5:34
10:24-25
16:16

Luke
3:3(Acts 19:4)
5:20
7:50
8:12
18:10-14/40-42
23:40-43

Acts
2:21
10:43
11:16-17
13:38-39/48
15:7-9
16:30-31
19:4(Luke 3:3)
26:18

Romans
1:16-17
3:20/22/24-25/26/27/28/30
4:2-9/11/14-16/24
5:1/15-18
6:23
9:30-32
10:3-4/9-10/13
11:6

1 Corinthians
1:14/17
3:14-15
5:1-2

2 Corinthians
4:13-14

1 Thessalonians
4:14

2 Thessalonians
2:12

Colossians
1:22-23
2:11-12

Ephesians
1:13-14
2:8-9
4:7

Galatians
2:16/21
3:6-11/14/21-22/24/26
5:3-6

Philippians
3:3/9

Titus
3:5

1 Timothy
1:16

2 Timothy
1:9
3:15

Hebrews
4:3
10:38-39
11:7

James
2:10

1 Peter
1:5/8-9
3:21(Colossians 2:12)

1 John
3:9/23-24
4:2-3/15
5:1/4-5/10-11/13

Revelation
2:7/11/17/26
3:5/12/20-21
21:7/27

Not politics related.
Jesus never existed, stop pushing your reptilian jewish religion here.

Jesus is saying your love for Christ and obedience to him should make it look as though you hate your family because you do not serve them you serve Christ.

>meanwhile
Paganism is the true religion! kike on a stick! amerimutt isnt a meme!

Praise!

Bible Math

You are not saved by just saying some praye

WRONG

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

>9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

>10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

>13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

>Orthodoxy has the answer, as always. Allow me to explain through iconography.

Or you could just use the Bible where Paul directly states how people in Old Testament times got saved.

Romans 4:1-8
>What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?
For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
>Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
>Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Please do not quote a book written and compiled by my church to me, thank you.

You don't believe Jesus is Lord if you don't try to follow him, so it's not the saying of the prayer, faith is made whole by works.
Ya, the Publican did a good thing, he was humble and didn't pray as the hypocrite Pharisees, he humbled himself in the sight of the Lord, the sinners pray is saying the Lord has to save you if you do this, that's completely ridiculous Jesus doesn't have to save you just cause you said a prayer.

I'm not saying the words in the sinner's prayer are bad, but I'm saying that it doesn't trap God into saving you.

Righteousness was bestowed unto Abraham because of his willingness to act on his faith, not just saying he believes in God

>You are not saved by just saying some prayer, you have to follow Christ, of course, you have to believe all those things as well. At the end of the day we are saved by Grace but if you literally just do some ritual and don't follow Jesus Christ's teachings, your religion is in vain because faith is made whole by works.

You're teaching a different Gospel and have made Christ of no effect. If you're putting faith in your own own works, even adding a SINGLE work to salvation, you are cut off from grace. Read Galatians, they taught Lordship Salvation and Paul said it wasn't just that they were misguided, but that they weren't even saved.

Galatians 5:4
>Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

You're so desperate for a works salvation?Well here you go.

John 6:29
>Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Nope. Beyond Paul hammering home a billion times that this isn't true, James (who works salvationists always go running to when they want to "prove" works salvation) says

James 2:23
>And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

James 2:10
>For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Jesus was not "the son of God" he was a prophet

also the trinity is made up

you're welcome

Literally read the 4 passages leading to it

Not sure if J-dub or muslim

You aren't saved by works, you're saved by grace, I never said you weren't, I'm saying that works show faith, without works faith is dead.

>Jesus was not "the son of God" he was a prophet

Not so fast Satan.

First verse of the first chapter of Mark.
>The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God

Your literally sqewing the gospel for your own twisted message, why don't you guys ever read the passages leading up to your quotation?

Why do you think Christ formed a church rather than wrote a book, user?

The church of Christ is him, he is the rock that he told Peter he would build his Church, saying that the gates of hell will not prevail, Jesus is the Church, not a building that's what he told the Samaritan women also.

>I'm not saying your justified by works but to get justified you have to do works

m.youtube.com/watch?t=2972s&v=dPqSelVJvoA

>I'm saying that works show faith

Nope, unbiblical.

youtube.com/watch?v=_KNmyofe_F4

>without works faith is dead.
Basing doctrine off of vague verses is dangerous, especially when you have dozens of verses and examples clearly saying the exact opposite. Don't make the Bible contradict itself.

How do you account for Lot? How do you account for Solomon who went into Apostasy and was a polygamist?

Pic unrelated.

see And if you actually bothered to ever read the whole chapter you see it's about justified to man

Jame 2:14-17
14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Doesn't say the opposite anywhere if you read with the context.

Can you not read or something? It's doing works for others and helping them. Not about salvation but about how younshoukd do works

Literally addressed in first 10 minutes of video I posted.

Watch it.

Again, if James is saying that if you don't do works then you're not really saved then God is a liar and the Bible has contradictions, full stop.

Question, are there contradictions in the Bible?

Yeah I posted loterally at least 150 verses. Much more likely someone would misinterpret 2 verses over 150

Because com n core hasnt been invented yet.
Oh wait...

No contradictions, you just don't understand that you cannot trap God into saving you by just believing because even the Devil believes.

Luke 14:25-33King James Version (KJV)

25 And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,

26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,

30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.

31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?

32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.

33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Yeah I'm not a disciple. When did I claim to be?

John 6:47King James Version (KJV)

47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

Good job on using KJV though

Disciple means Christian have you read Acts

Yes I just read it a while ago

Here's what they said on how you get saved

Acts
2:21
10:43
11:16-17
13:38-39/48
15:7-9
16:30-31
19:4(Luke 3:3)
26:18

Huh it's all just "believe" not works.

No mention of salvation there.
No implication of salvation there.
It's talking about discipleship, explicitly.

Again, let's go to verses that are directly about salvation that say if you believe on the lord Jesus Christ, period, you shall be saved.

Please exegesis these texts without running off to other passages.

Romans 4:4-8
>Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
>But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
>Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
>Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
>Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Romans 10:2-3
>For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
>For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves to the righteousness of God.

“Unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood you do not have life within you”

Protestants 100% btfo

Do you actually feel more alive for receiving the eucharist?

Read the next verse faggot

Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

If you want to take that literally then that means ANYONE that does communion only ONCE is saved forever

Also here's all the verses from that chalter proving it's faith alone
:28-29/35/37/38-40/44-45/47

Disciple means Christian
Romans 4:4-8 again didn't say you aren't saved by Grace, completely agree, all I'm saying is that you have to show a want to follow God

Romans 10:2-3
Again no problem with that verse, I'm imperfect in my works, it's the want to follow God's teachings that's important not just saying a prayer then doing wilfull sin again. God say's to be his follower you gotta follow.

Luke 14:25 33
James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

>But to him that worketh not
>You see what he really meant was But to him that worketh

I'm convinced the true followers of Christ don't waste their time on bickering. If you're saved, you know you're saved. It's not a process without its visible signs. Your world changes. Catholics seem to miss the point in the message of the Kingdom of God, whilst proddies of the Anderson brand are just Bible scholars who don't actually reflect on the Spirit behind the words. The whole thing is a mess and you're all to be condemned.

Ephesians 2:8-9King James Version (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Your assuming that the works in themselves are what get you saved, it's the want to follow God.

Matthew 10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

You are saved by grace but having faith isn't just believing he existed.

By the way, this is an interesting conversation and I will most definitely be asking of God to shew me the truth through his spirit as he always does for I seek the truth and Christ is the way, I suggest you do as well.

>when he said "saved through faith, not of yourselves, gift, not of works" what he really meant was you need to be willing to do works

>doesn't say anything about salvation

You're missing a word in John 6:47
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth ON me hath everlasting life.

I never said believing Jesus existed at somepoint gets younsaved

On as in paid for by, our sin is paid for by Christ. Why do you assume I say we aren't saved by grace at the end of the day?

Grace saves you through faith and faith is justified by works.

> “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because[a] narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

But muh context

> Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling

But muh context again.

> Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

But muh private interpretation of the will of the Father.

> Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Muh "Once Saved, Always Saved"

(Cough)

Muh "Once Saved, Always Saved . . . Lest Never Saved At All Due to Iniquity"

>You are saved by grace but having faith isn't just believing he existed.

No, you have to believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, who was God made manifest in the flesh, and died for your sins on your behalf.

As it pertains to faith, the Bible gives a definition of faith in Hebrews so people can't redefine the word to mean "believe and repent" or "believe and become a disciple" or any other flavor of Lordship Salvation.

Hebrews 11:1
>Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Romans 8:24
>For we are saved by hope. But hope that is seen is not hope, for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

There is no "frontloading" or trickery in what faith means, it is plain and simple. You believe in your heart on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved. No matter how badly you sin, no matter how badly you fail, all of your weaknesses of the flesh aside, it will not be imputed against you when you die.

The whole point of God
>imputing
righteousness onto you is that your works, even if you improve them before you get saved, will never be worthy of getting you into heaven. It doesn't even make just basic logical sense to think God hijacks you and makes you more worthy, as if he did that why do we even need Jesus and instead just have God turn us all into virtue robots? And why does God say
1 John 5:13
>These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
to let us know we can know for sure that we're going to Heaven when apparently we can't and we have to look at are works and try and blindly guess if our chin is over the bar?

Not even using the Bible/10

captcha: Peter Road

You still don't understand I never said you aren't saved by grace have ye not listened one moment? I am saying that Grace is given through Faith and Faith is justified by Obedience.

That is the Bible dude he just didn't put the quotation. 3 of the quotes are from Matthew 8

Not an argument, bald cuck.

>Grace saves you through faith
Yes
>and faith is justified by works.
Come on man your half way there

Yes there us few that be saved

Yes you should do works and fear God

John 6:38-40 Jesus literally says the Father's will is just believe on Jesus

>Jesus to people relying on their works: I NEVER knew you
>somehow not proof if OSAS

Faith is justified by works,James1: 22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

You're just redefining the word faith to mean works.

As an example when you see guys saying being attracted to Sodomite "transgender" freaks are not gay because they redefine the word woman to actually include these men.

Yes, you keep saying faith but then when you define it, the definition keeps fundamentally circling right back to works and your own sense of justification before God. I mean if you had a heart attack and knew you were at the very tip of death do you know 100% you would go to heaven? If you didn't know 100%, what would it be that would be giving you doubts? I'm guessing you would be, at the very end, be looking towards your works to save you and as the metric of whether or not you are going.

Romans 10:8-9
>But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

But doesn't say that's what faith is. He literally just posted the Biblical definition

Watch the Anderson video I posted some posts ago

Your type is often too lazy to define what a "work" is before assuming everyone else's beliefs.

Legal works not going to get anyone anywhere.

Doing good deeds and prayers rather than iniquity is certainly better than doing iniquity.

And iniquity, which is also a work, ought not be the fruit of salvation lest Jesus departs.

But, hey, having one all-encompassing and poorly-defined word "works" to argue about sure makes for good sowing of division.