#2 trending on YouTube

>#2 trending on YouTube
Where were you when anime became mainstream?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=alQlJDRnQkE
youtube.com/watch?v=gjGpzhcnA64
youtube.com/watch?v=F5amv-vqUFo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Miku was mainstream and all those disney anime.

>when anime became mainstream
Whatever year it was that toonami became a thing. 1998?

Anime isn't mainstream. Hollywood sci-fi action films featuring A-list stars are mainstream.

wtf I hate anime now

In 2001 when Spirited Away won best picture in the Oscars

I can't wait until the normalfags are strung up from trees. It is hell knowing that they exist.

Miku?

Already seeing proles freaking out about how it objectifies women on Facebook.

In front of my TV each morning before school, watching Pokemon.

Anime has been mainstream ever since it's been shown on TV.

The scene where she falls off of the building is laughable at best in comparison to the original.

They've failed completely in the visual sense.
If they can't out-do the animated version in real life, it's not a good sign.

Hopefully it's not simply another sleek, empty B-movie.

Anime was mainstream before you were born.

It's not anime unless it's something you'd be embarrassed to be seen watching in public or by your family or normie friends

We need links.

Is GITS with watching? Not bait, never seen it, generally don't like older stuff (any media not just anime) because I'm spoiled by HD and have trouble watching anything like pre 2005

>Hopefully it's not simply another sleek, empty B-movie.

The better to be forgotten instantly.

Private pages.

I'm pissed off at the "I feel disconnected" thing, which feels like they've dumbed down the internal issues of the Major. Originally she had trouble trying to work out what made her unique as a human, or if she could even be counted as a human any longer due to being a cyborg. They got that across in the original by having her see other cyborgs using her same body model, and even seeing it used for shop mannequins. Didn't see any of that in the trailer and I doubt there will be in the movie.

I'm really getting that vibe from watching the trailer. I'm getting the vibe that it's the indirect sequel to "Agent 47: HITMAN", and it's a travesty of a film masquerading as something people will like.

youtube.com/watch?v=alQlJDRnQkE

>Didn't see any of that in the trailer and I doubt there will be in the movie.

Worse, they've ruled it out with all that "you're the first of your kind" bullshit.

Then screenshot

>Worse, they've ruled it out with all that "you're the first of your kind" bullshit.

Fuck. Yep, that's definitely gonna prevent that sub-plot from happening then.

No it's garbage

Live action looks decent

Yeah they took out all the questions of individuality by turning it into a superhero origin story

Too much work to blur the names and fuckit it's late. You can guess at what they're saying. Lots of "ANGRY" and "SAD" likes on posts about how they "don't understand what it's about" and think that it's "really sexist."

Original movie aged nicely. SAC series holds up well also. The latter is strongly narrative driven in case that's not your cup of tea.

>anime movies.
>not mainstream

Thanks

I expected nothing. Somehow I was still let down.

Maybe it's because it has an almost naked Scarlett.

Can't have anything to do with the uploader, right?
Fuck off.

Vocaloid

Trump's gonna nuke Hollywood so I'm not worried.

Remember when Miku was on Letterman?

it will be forgotten within 2 months from its release, at best

>Where were you when anime became mainstream

Except that isn't anime

He won't because Hollywood is great Propaganda.

Don't underestimate the God Emperor

In my mom's basement

>Where were you when anime became mainstream?
Anime was already mainstream and now it's getting less and less popular. The quality is dropping hard as well.

We live in post-anime modern. Today anime is nothing but a cheap business solution that helps you selling figs and other merchandise. No artistic value whatsoever.
People who watch it now and like it are tasteless degenerates.

I'd be pretty embarrassed to be seen watching yet another derivative action movies a "revenge for my mysterious past" plot and muh edgy progressive interracial lesbians

I AM SO TRIGGERED

>batou with normal eyes???
>major doesn't even get naked properly???
>plot is gonna be "hurr durr the major wants to learn about her hidden past and gets help from laughing man"
>trying to do the Matrix where they translated camera angles from anime onto film but they're failing miserably
>Major needs to be lezzing it up way more please

>blurring names
what a faggot

>Today anime is nothing but a cheap business solution that helps you selling figs and other merchandise. No artistic value whatsoever.
anime was always the failed medium
you thought that was a joke?

welcome to Sup Forums - anime, manga & jewtube

This guy gets it

>Today anime is nothing but a cheap business solution that helps you selling figs and other merchandise

As opposed to when?

Well, I suppose the scenery looked good.

I'm not really hopeful.

Youtube isn't mainstream

back to Sup Forums

Christ she looks like she has downs in that.

DBZ, Saint Seiya, Sailor Moon.

So, it became mainstream like 20 years ago ? Depends on your country.

>Have normalfag friend watch the 95 movie.
>Normally doesn't watch anime at all and avoids it like the plague.
>Says it's shit.
>Honestly believes that the live-action movie will be better just on the "merit" of being live-action.

These are the type of people that this is being catered to.

the evangelion renaissance

These guys are retarded.

What's funny is that you won't find an anime fan that says "Live action is shit" for the sake of being live-action. Because everybody has seen enough movies to know there are always good ones that cater to their taste even if many are shit.

This type of normalfags just have preconceptions and no curiosity.

>Today anime is nothing but a cheap business solution that helps you selling figs and other merchandise
The past was way way worse in that department.

They clearly showed a fucking scene with batou getting robot eyes. It's called transition of characters. None of the normies know why he has them to begin with instead of coolie cool eyes

Whenever Akira got released in US
>90% of Earth knows what Pokémon, Dragon Ball and Naruto is
>People still think animu is some niche medium

I don't even know that bitch's name other then that girl who acted as that red haired side kick in avengers and this shit is still trending here. And I don't live in Murrica or Europe.

>live action
>anime

Its just gonna be a souless action flick all the philosophical ideas striped out or dumbed down so much that its worthless.

This is not a movie for us.

watching youtube.com/watch?v=gjGpzhcnA64

>What's funny is that you won't find an anime fan that says "Live action is shit"

I'd say it. I've not watched a 3DPD movie in oh about 5 or 6 years at this point.

Haven't watched a TV series in longer even.

This. Sup Forums really is detached from reality.

i can remember ace attorney being decent, if that counts. the only notable exception

Japan releases kid anime like that every year.
Which ones can you name besides the few that aired during the early 2000s?

Do you even know about the ones airing in Japan right now?

>most of the people here are too underage to remember the 2001-2007 anime craze that swept the west

It was somewhat normie for a time, now it could be making a comeback again.

But why?

Reminder that if you pay money to watch the movie you are part of the problem.

late night anime Sup Forums talks about = niche
morning kids shows = not niche, but mainly for kids and treated as such
Then you have some stuff in between.

i.e.You're just as guilty for generalising.

you know, that 'miku miku mii~'

Why what?

Why haven't you watched any live-action for such a long time? There's plenty of stuff, you didn't find any of it interesting?

Had this happen with one of my "friends".
>Watch GitS.
>Hates the voices.
>Says they sound "too robotic".

I don't care about drama.
I don't care about chimp comedy.
And I hate capeshit.

What else is there? The odd mediocre sci fi with JJ Abrams explosions.

No. Thanks. But no thanks.

Shaun the sheep is the best anime

I was pretty sure I would get a response like this. I should have wrote "you will find very few".

Sup Forums talks about Dragon Ball Super the most, a children's Saturday morning show

>hurr durr what I don't like is not true anime

Ghost in the shell aired for an entire decade on saturday night on a major channel. It's one of the only anime that most people know.

I want to cum in the anus of Scarjo.

>the most
The IP count says otherwise.

>you in charge of not making shit up
kids anime, otaku anime are all still anime and I never said otherwise. Are you retarded or pretending to be retarded.

Many of those views were probably from people who watched it for the Black Widow actress.

ITT:NEETs try to convince themselves they are in some eleet seekrit senshi club

Remember the robocop/total recall remake?
Neither does anyone else.

I think it's cool that the guy is now a hentai artist but gets a hollywood movie. Can any other hentai artist claim that?

Thanks for reminding me of this. I hope you burn in hell.

Seriously though why can't they bring some of the staff from the 95 movie. Bring Oshii or Kawai Kenji/Kanno Youko to get the genuine GiTS movie experience.

>when anime became mainstream

since when it wasn't?

> GitS
> not anime

Back to tumblr with you

>IP counts
Proofs or gtfo
Db shit has at least 5 threads at anytime and almost everything reaches bumb limit. While more Sol that anime elitists like archives after 300 replies at most
>I didn't said it
You said because your elite tastes are not liked by all, anime is niche. It's like saying Hollywood movies are niche because that art film done by a wacky Hollywood director in which guy fucks his sister seeing her after a longtime is not enjoyed by all.

fucking normies ruin everything reeeeeeeee

Anybody who still denies that anime as a hobby is the next "video games" and as a genre the next "capeshit" is fucking delusional

Anime is the #1 trending club on the newly released xbox live club system

Every faggot and their grandma has an anime avatar

Ghost in the Shell is the next blockbuster with Akira soon to follow if its a financial success

Trump (the President of the United States) has half his supporters shouting Trump will make anime real

There are a million and one streaming sites and licensing companies standing behind just about any show you could possibly want to watch with official subs or dubbed.

We now have translated Light novels of all the popular series' at barnes and noble while they're still new.

Figures no longer need to be bought from websites in japanese or use some convoluted proxy system. They can bought directly from Goodsmile's store on amazon or the Aniplex webshop.

Major animated films get limited release showings in theaters across America, and they sell out. (Madoka, Evangelion, Monogatari, etc)

Anime is an anyman's hobby now and it certainly no longer has the appeal of being exotic or inaccessible

Dawn of anime kino is upon us.

>generally don't like older stuff (any media not just anime) because I'm spoiled by HD and have trouble watching anything like pre 2005

What a fucking faggot.

>Ghost in the Shell is the next blockbuster
doubt it,
Hollywood does these types of adaptations to make a quick buck not actually make a good movie, its just going to be dragonball evolution again.

I want this to be successful just so Sup Forums has to be subjected to more live action adaptations.

If you can't look at the trailer and tell that this already is not anywhere close to the league of dragonball evolution you aren't even worth conversing with

youtube.com/watch?v=F5amv-vqUFo