Now that the dust has settled, what did you think of Death Parade?

Now that the dust has settled, what did you think of Death Parade?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_DwbXmr70C0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The ova was much better.

Ginti was a boss.

>Now that the dust has settled,
You should fuck off back to your homeboard.

I liked it a lot, though have mixed feelings about the lore that was hinted at but never fully resolved about Nona, her allies and the world at large. It was a lot different in the end, especially compared to the teaser OVA but I can't say which I like more. Nona is best girl, and kinda wish they'd done something more with the plot than what they did with Chiyuki. Also, Nona best girl.

It wasn't even the best individual episode.

Best cameo.

I liked it. Arguing about the cases with Sup Forums was fun but also retarded at times.

Some of the background lore seemed incomplete and strange and in combination with the heaven or hell decisions didn't really make much sense.
The bar was also really comfy.

A decent seasonal show with a great op since it fits the show perfectly

Also this, the threads were fun and a big part of the enjoyability.

It was fun. It wasn't overly deep, but it handled themes interestingly enough for an anime. Also, these two

Why did every fucking game involve body parts

The lore wasn't that deep, but the aspects relative to the storylines of the show seemed flashed out adequately.

Ginti was a fucking faggot.

Was fucking great.

I dunno, Light's world and his actions don't seem to mix well with Death Parade's afterlife system.

>implying you understood Death Parade's afterlife system

They did it because both using the death note and being sent to the Void mean your soul disappearing.
But of course they didn't care that much about consistency, it was just an inside joke.

I liked, I feel they didnt explain everthing about how the afterlife works (ranks, jobs and who is/are the real boss) and with no S2 I will forever wonder about it.

The centrail plot was interesting, I really wanted to know how things were going to develop. the pening is one of the most misleading openings in anime history.

The card game didn't.

Nina was perfect.

>the pening is one of the most misleading openings in anime history.
But what a great opening it was.

youtube.com/watch?v=_DwbXmr70C0

Her name was Nona.

It would have been way more interesting if it was only random games/judgments and no main plot, I really didn't care about Decim or the girl whose name I forgot

nice op though

So what happened there exactly?
I assumed the choice Ginti gave her was just a test (like the one Decim does at the end), and since the gyaru decided to kill Light to save the idol, she was sent to the Void.
Which is an asshole move no matter how you look at it, since both performed well during the Twister game.

The show was forgettable. Bradio wasn't

To be fair I forgot Bradio too. I just remember the whoa at the start.

I thought the individual games / cases were mostly excellent, especially from Death Billiards, the first episode and the one with the otaku and his mom.
I also much preferred how the original did it, leaving it ambiguous rather than straight up telling us who went to heaven and who to hell.
The overarching plot was unnecessary and not handled very well, didn't seem like they knew where to go with it.
Some nice animation and an unforgettable OP.

Overall I quite liked it.
What where your favorite cases?

Gyaru/idol
NEET/whore MILF
Killers
Husband/wife
Old lady
In this order.
The childhood friends one was the only one I thought was shitty.

bump

It great one of the best anime of 2015.

Now you hear it

+Great OP
+Unique artstyle
+Good animation overall
+Fantastic character designs
+Very interesting setting

-characters werent as good as their character designs
-not enough character interactions
-Story format was bad (have a few episodic eps during the 1st two third with a hint of a story and try to rap something up in the last 3-4 episodes)
-not enough world building
-story (ginti and decim arcs) wasnt well developed.

It's one of those shows that have everything going for them except the script. Maybe it could have worked with 24 episodes as its main problem come from fooling around too much and not the develop the main background story with Nona and Oculus, as well add more interaction among the rest of the cast.

It's "too short for it own good" category along with Sekai Seifuku, Rolling Girls and a bunch of other originals.

totally garbage it hasn't a single robot in it

>one of the best anime of 2015
I agree but 2015 was pretty poor.
DP, OPM and Yurikuma were probably the best of the year but neither were amazing.

I remember the threads being pretty bad, honestly. There was that massive influx of crossboarder shitposting near the beginning, because there happened to be an episode about a cheating wife on the same day (or right after, I don't remember) that moot decided to fuck with Sup Forums, and then later there was a lot of "serious and mature" bullshit from people who were only watching this and Parasyte, and IRC took advantage of that to try pushing their "Socially Acceptable Anime" meme really hard, etc.

I hope they make a second season with Madhouse characters showing up and playing games
It's like they hate money, having Light vs Mikami would be fantastic

>Madhouse characters
>Light vs. Mikami
Do you have not understand intellectual property? Those characters are from adaptations, they aren't Madhouse's.

Then work something out with whoever owns the IP
>we have an idea that prints money, you want in?

So basically you just want someone, anyone, to make a series about Death Note characters playing games against each other. That's not going to happen, nor would it sell particularly well.

I'm talking about Madhouse putting DN characters in one episode of Death Parade
It's simple

The final arc was amazing, and the idiot girl's arc was pretty good too. I was not too sold on the in-between, and particularly thought the world-building was okay at best.

Overall I liked it. OVA was better than the series.

I only watch originals, so I gotta say it was one of the better ones for sure.

And I loved the ED, but the OP felt so out of place...

>-not enough character interactions
Between who? Decim and Chiyuki had plenty of intereactions.
>-story (ginti and decim arcs) wasnt well developed.
How was Decim not developed? And Ginti really didn't have any arc, nor he needed one.

As others have already said, OVA is better than the TV series.

Agreed. The lore/worldbuilding was the weak point of the series.

>Agreed. The lore/worldbuilding was the weak point of the series.
Why though? What more they should have explained?

Pretty good, the individual episodes were great and I'd take a S2 just to have more of them. The overarching plot and worldbuilding were the weaker parts of the show, but didn't make me enjoy it any less. The fancy art style looked awesome and Decim looked like Ginko, which was an instant 10/10 for his character design.

Exactly my thoughts. These faggots are so used to Isekai and shit were every fucking detail is explained that they know no better.
This reminds me of Gothic literature, where the author is trying to build a "mood" through the story instead of, you know, telling a story, so that the characters and world at large are not so important.