Self Defense with a """weapon""" is illegal In Canada

Reminder that in Canada if a store gets robbed, and the store owner doesn't drop what he's holding even if it's literally fruit he can be charged for "intimidation with a weapon" since any object held can be considered a weapon if it intimidates someone. Under Canadian law you literally have to drop everything if you are under threat by a criminal. Here's an example.

nationalpost.com/news/canada/man-faces-jail-after-protecting-home-from-masked-attackers

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalpost.com/opinion/matt-gurney-after-two-years-judge-acquits-man-who-defended-himself-with-a-gun
thestar.com/news/canada/2017/06/16/supreme-court-stands-by-its-controversial-ruling-to-ensure-timely-criminal-trials.html
gov.uk/reasonable-force-against-intruders
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you defend yourself, they win!

Turn the other cheek.

annex nao

I know Sup Forums won't agree with me but there's no way this goes through.

Canada uses juries for trials like this, and the jury will 100% side with the guy who was defending himself.

Screenshot this, in due time I will be correct. The crown will likely give up pursuing the case long before trial. This has happened several times before, and the crown has always given up. Just the other day they dropped a manslaughter conviction.

It's literally in the criminal code since 1988.

oh fuck, this is a case from 2011! Look at that. We can find out the outcome pretty easily.

nationalpost.com/opinion/matt-gurney-after-two-years-judge-acquits-man-who-defended-himself-with-a-gun

ACQUITED

Do you have any idea how Canadian law works? I don't think you do.

Calm down commie - you’re just excited to find a point where Canada isn’t a total disappointment.

noice

daily reminder to put everything the OP says under a fine tooth comb if he is making a anti leaf thread/exaggerating our laws and hides his flag

The thing that pisses me off the very most about Canada is that is it is allowed to exist.

33 MILLION people. That is fucking it. The US has a very similar land mass and bolster 340 MILLION people. Meaning that with our overwhelming military might we could within a single week invade and conquer Canada. Expanding our territory by 54% in under a month with next to no loses.

I mean fuck you could tell the border states to cross over and kill anyone you want and our fucking rednecks would kill them all in a few months.

Why do we allow them to exist? They have so much rich territory and they fuck up our maps. They only exist and are relevant because the US protects them. We should take it over.

Those pieces of french shit pisspots flooded my city 4 years ago. My mother lost her house and we were forced to live in oven hot squalor. I would fucking love to murder them en mass and take their land. every single leaf can fucking hang.

>t. soyboy Trump supporter

Then fucking do it you pussy.

>it takes 2 fucking years to acquit an obvious case of self defense

Yes obviously there is nothing wrong with the system

I agree, but there's a massive backlog of cases in Canada. It can take ages before your trial ever gets anywhere near a judge.

>2 fucking years

He better have sued the fuck out of that liberal "justice" system

you cant just invade and overrun a country because you feel like it. americas shit would get pushed in by the world if they tried that,

I fucking would you piece of shit shit soaky leaf, I would shot 10,000 leafs right in their face eye to eye if our fucking government would not stop me. I hate you. I fucking hate you. I hate you more than anything else. I dream and delight in the idea of you all burning to death screaming in agony I hate you I want to kill every last one of you. You fucking disgust pieces of shit. You do not deserve to exist. I would love to erase you from existence to kill your people and remove your nation from existence.

Yet you are safe because my countrymen allow you to live. The moment they stop restraining I will be up them shooting and stabbing and killing as many Canadians as I can. You are filth. You are scum. You do no deserve to breathe my air.

see It's actually something the Supreme Court of Canada has been attempting to deal with, but the various governments involved don't want to invest in expanding the system.

Read: thestar.com/news/canada/2017/06/16/supreme-court-stands-by-its-controversial-ruling-to-ensure-timely-criminal-trials.html

That happened while Harper was in office.

hopefully he wins and sets some sort of precedent, fuck this country

Fag flag.
/ tosses you off a building

Same shit either way.

Good luck invading Canada in your hoverround you fat fuck.

The linked story is outrageous and the guy should never have been charged but it has nothing to do with your claim

He was not armed with fruit, he had a gun

Hahaha I would kill you dead. Shart in mall fatburger memes do nothing when I have a beretta against your forehead.

Read the thread dumbass. There is enough case law that defensive shootings (assuming it's a good shoot, and not you chasing the guy down and plugging him in the back a few times like that kid in Nunavut) are almost always acquitted.

The downside is that you have to spend lots of your own money and time defending yourself against rabidly communist Crown prosecutors who want to see you hang.

That's what I'm saying, I was hoping it would have set some sort of precedent that would deter idiot government officials from trying to imprison people using firearms to defend themselves against molotovs. But, I guess not.

>beretta
nice gun slick, did your mom buy it for you?

>being tough on an anyonymous taiwanese cobra tit petting syndicate
how will we ever recover

As I said. It is only America law that stops me. If the US had no problem with me crossing the border I would in a heart beat.

He's not wrong though, especially since you guys "can't" defend yourselves, and we have like 5 guns per household. I bet we could take your entire country and only use the gun owners in North Dakota.

I don't want Canada though, we already have Alaska; which was the only good part of Canada.

Look up the Fennian raids you lazy fuck.

Do it

So you just knock the robber out, tie them up and go drop them off in the woods at night. Surely theyll go to the police and tell them they were robbin a store and got BTFO? top kek

Fucking maple leaf LOL

JAILED FOR PROTECTING YOURSELF LOLOLOLOL

I'm sure all the engineers, doctors, and lawyers arriving will fix that up in a jiffy.

This has been a thing for decades. If you defend yourself and just so happen to know martial arts you get charged.

>Between 1866 and 1871

Thank you for bringing your putrid wet rotting horsehit of a post to a grinding halt in the first 11 syllables.

I would fucking love to slaughter you and your family and your friends and your city and your nation. Fortunate for you my nation prohibits this for poor reasons. One day though it will be allowed and I will indulge in my desire for vengeance. For all the pain and suffering you forced upon me.

>op is a faggot
>"“He exited his house and fired his revolver two, maybe three times, we’re not sure. Then these firebombing culprits, they ran off,” said his lawyer, Edward Burlew."

He was outside his dwelling.
Under Section 40 of the Criminal Code, which deals with the defence of dwellings,everyone who is in possession of a dwelling house is justified in using as much force as necessary, to prevent any person from forcibly breaking into or entering the dwelling house without lawful authority.

Doesn't matter the jury will acquit. There is no universe in which normal people find this morally objectionable. In fact most Canadians would probably support a revision similar to Castle Doctrine but it is expensive to change the Law.

Pretty sure California alone has a bigger population than all of Canada.

Look dude, just because you are 52% white and raising a mud blood nigger baby from your girlfriends gang banging ex doesn't mean we have anything to do with it.

Sit the fuck down you mammoth of a human whose only form of transit exists on wheels.

You people aren't gonna do shit, your country isn't going to do shit. And most importantly you aren't going to do shit. Even if you could, you wouldn't. Your lazy ass doesn't have the balls.

dude relax its just pol shitpost. are you really so buttmad about text on a screen you want to anhiliate an entire family ?

Wew, not even we are that cucked.

Oh yeah Bongistan? Go ahead then, SHOOT home intruders with your GUN.

gov.uk/reasonable-force-against-intruders

this is true. i have a story about this.
>be living with now ex gf a coupls years ago
>my buddy and his gf are looking for a new place to live
>ask if they can move in (we had an extra room)
>only problem is, they cant pay forst months rent
>no problem, this guy is one of my bestfriends
>he says they can pay for the groceries though cause they have a bunch of gift cards
>soundsgood.png
>goes alright for the first week until they dont buy my grocerinos
>call them out on it when we're at the grocery store
>his gf says i can "get a treat"
>bitch what
>plan to kick them both out tge second they pay for the second months rent cause they didnt pay shit for the first month
>kick them out aftet gettinf rent
>week later im sitting in the bed room
>gf in the kitchen
>must have left the door unlocked cause my same friend comes in
>get the fuck out of my house dude
>he grabs my gf by the throat and pins her against the wall
>i grab my "fuck stick" (a broken chair leg i carved "fuck" into and grip taped the handle for self defense situations
>beat him off my gf
>pick him up and throw him out the door
>he calls the cops
>i tell them what happened
>i get charged with assault with a weapon, he gets nothing because he called the cops first
>pay 1000$ fine and get a criminal record

fuck canada, id do it again

also
when i asked them what the fuck i was supposed to do they said call the police and wait

basically the lesson is if you have to defend yourself make sure you leave no witnesses and clean up well

>this is true
half truth maybe. I call bullshit on the other half. In other words...kys

wow a long and expensive BULLSHIT legal battle that ends up with zero compensation, so fair and just

It shouldn't even go to trial. The man in OP's article for example has had all his firearms seized. Think he'll ever get those back? LOL NOPE.

Just remember if you are going to use a firearm for self defense, make sure you kill the nigger.
Leaving them wounded opens you to get 100% fucked so make sure to double tap the ape

What's he supposed to do, sit inside while people are lighting everything around him on fire?

In Canada you can't carry a weapon for self defense. (Including pocket knives and pepper spray)

These cuck laws exist in every Western country except the United States. It's the only free country left (atleast parts of it anyway, they have cuck states too)and the rest are all just a fragile facade.

BE A GOOD GOY. GIVE UP YOUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND RIGHT TO DEFEND YOURSELF. BOW BEFORE THE TYRANT AND THE INVADER.

tl;dr yawn

We can't even legally carry pepper spray, plz halp.

this fucking country,,.