Dragon Ball Super

Anime

kanzenshuu.com/2016/05/09/future-trunks-arc-announced-dragon-ball-super/

>I write an outline of the entire plot, then the script writers break it up into episodes, expanding on things, changing things around, or adding in new bits as need be.

>Even I haven’t checked the final script yet.
>Let’s enjoy this together (laughs)!!

kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-history-book-akira-toriyama-introduction/

>I had put Dragon Ball behind me, but seeing how much that live-action film ticked me off, and how I revised that script for the anime movie and complained about the quality of the TV anime, I suppose somewhere along the line it’s become a series I like too much to ever leave alone.

Manga

kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-web-version/

>Speaking of the manga, I want to ask you two about how you put the manga together. I hear Toriyama-sensei checks the storyboards for each chapter.
>Toriyama: That’s right.

>Back when Toriyama-sensei was drawing the manga, the animators would use his manga panels as reference, imitating the composition and things like that. And now it seems that the animators are likewise using Toyotaro-sensei‘s manga as reference.
>Toriyama: Oh, that’s good! That should keep them on track!

animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2016-10-26/dragon-ball-super-toyotarou/.107579

>Every month, I'll create a storyboard for him to review, and then he'll give me input and suggest changes. When I'm working with Toriyama, there are many portions he gives me props for coming up with, but he is very particular about other things and always points them out for me to correct. And when he corrects me, I think “Wow, I guess I don't completely understand the way he looks at things,” so his corrections and feedback are incredibly accurate and helpful. It's a lot of fun to be able to get closer to his way of thinking

Other urls found in this thread:

kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-book-version/
youtube.com/watch?v=1CgwpecWlWc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-book-version/

>I’m really grateful to you. I never thought an artist like you would come along to draw the continuation of my story!

First for best couple

Why do you keep spamming this? I see it in every single DBS thread. For what purpose? Literally nobody gives a fuck about the anime vs the manga except the same autists who argue in every thread.

I ain't lion

>that thick Mai ass
>she will never sit on your face while gently stroking your cock

threadly reminder that if you still shamelessly defend gary sturankusue and how he got from ssj3 levels to fused zamasu levels(which can land shots to ssb vegito, of all people) in a span of 2 days without training and shit, you're a repulsive faggot who should go back to plebbit and definitely should kys.

I agree
cats are best

threadly reminder that Trunks own attacks did nothing against merged Zamasu
it was Goku's, Vegeta's and rest of humanity's power that killed Zamasu Trunks just pushed it to him

Nah, it was a great episode. If I watched DB for consistent writing, I would have dropped it a very long time ago.

If it bothers you that much then just stop watching it. The DB fanbase is made up of some of the worst crybaby manchildren I've seen.

After last episode, I don't give a shit anymore.

>plebbit
>kys
You're literally the only repulsive faggot here.

>it's bad when Trunks gets asspull techniques but totally fine when Gohan does it!

>Totally fine
have you even searched how mad people got over it
besides he asspulled best SS for for us :^)

>>Even I haven’t checked the final script yet.
>>Let’s enjoy this together (laughs)!!
Why Toriyama.
You can save us from that horrible ending

Don't be green with envy

playable fucking when?

My TruMai folder is getting too large

ba dum tss

same for my Mai folder. Not complaining though.
Who would of guessed she would get so much new art a few years ago

Good thing that I'm really picky with the stuff I save, or else my folder would be huge too.
My Trunks folder is getting ridiculously large though.

Because you people care about this waaaay more than Toriyama ever did, he never hid the fact that he make things up as he goes. I mean, look at the Cell saga interviews and you will see why we got Androids 16, 17,18 and Cell, and also why Cell has so many forms.

Black already is
Zamasu will be mentor

Does anyone have that Toyotaro Star Wars meme please?

Hopefully we're done with Trunks.

I like him a lot but I believe if he sticks around or appears again, he'll get worse like the rest of the cast.

Yeah, the Cell saga is one of the worst in this regard. His editor kept telling him to make a new villain because he was never happy with the androids Toriyama created.

>Why Toriyama.
>You can save us from that horrible ending

Toei a shit, wait for the superior manga. Which Toriyama is more involved with.

Wait for more autistic fucking cart racing and "muh SSB 10% power" nonsense?

>butthurt Toei shill
Top kek

>He's not a thing like Future Trunks!
Poor Kid Trunks.

Having just androids would have been boring though. I have no idea how he could have padded that out. Then again the 5 mins for a planet exploding was like 5 episodes.

Gohan! We need your help to defeat Zamasu.
Show me your true powers.

>hurr hurr you don't like retarded filler trash
>must be butthurt le toeishill xD
Fuck off, I don't like the trash anime any more than anyone else, but you fucking shithead autists acting like the manga is the second coming of christ make me want to vomit. It's fucking shit and makes no sense.

Did anyone lose their shit at Zamasu's voice breaking when Trunks showed up to block his sword?

''MATA NE TURANKUSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU?'REEEEEEEEEEE''

>being this mad
HAHAHA
Calm down, Toei shill.

>king vegeta will never see what a magnificent warrior vegeta has become and what a powerful family he got

I said your true powers.

>toei shill hehehe i'm so le funny
And more buzzwords and memes. I expect nothing else from a Toyotarocuck, but fuck you anyway.

Luffy > Goku

:^)

>and "muh SSB 10% power" nonsense?

I'm not even that user, but your only criticism of the manga is that SSB being reduced to 10% power in a 2nd use doesn't make sense... which... also doesn't really make sense as a complaint.

I mean, you can clearly dislike the idea, but it doesn't contradict anything in the manga itself, so I don't see how it's "nonsense". And, really, you think a single power issue makes the manga worse than all the characterization oddness with Goku, inconsistent art and power in the anime/

>Why isn't my adult son here hurraying for me but making money like people who are productive memebers of society

But, dad...this is my full strength...

toei RoF was a mistake

Filler, SSG even though it's not supposed to be a transformation anymore, shitty Hit, shitty Frost, shitty Whis designs, no SS2 Goku vs Black, probably no Vegito.

Fuck the manga.

>An old guy and a fat clown? Are you joking?
>Two kids? What are you on?
>Two kids and some big goofy fuck?
>An alien bug? What?
>A thick lipped alien bug? Are you shitting me?
>"Perfect Cell?" Eh, could be worse.

Trunks even says the Artificial Humans were called #19 and #20, then when he sees those two he says "Those aren't #17 and #18! Did I somehow change the future already?!"

For what it added, it's a pretty cool story arc.

>Cell, a creepy clone monster containing the DNA of the Z-warriors and Freeza/Kold
>The idea that the creator of Hatchan was still alive and making monstrosities
>#18 and her relationship with Kuririn
>Greatest character ever Mr. Satan

>And more buzzwords and memes

>autistic
>muh
>hurr hurr
>butthurt le
>xD
>Toyotarocuck

pot calling the kettle black, toei shill

>looping the same frames over and over
HYPE!!!!

Oh look it's that user that posts the same webms over and over again. I like the manga better too, but what exactly are you trying to prove? Nobody is defending the animation in those webms, and it's no secret that the RoF arc in Super has some of the shittiest animation I've ever seen.

People have different opinions, stop being so autistic about it.

>defending fucking Mario Kart filler and SSG
Are Toyoshills really this cancerous?

>that deflection

>Filler, SSG even though it's not supposed to be a transformation anymore

Oh, come on, and SSJ2 and SSJ3 are supposed to be weaker and consume more energy than SSJ God post-BoGs if you go by that interview. It's a freaking interview, not a canon work. Toriyama given multiple contradictory epilogues for Tenshinhan in interviews too.

>shitty Hit
I can understand that, although manga Hit is fine with me even if he isn't quite as strong as his anime counterpart. Dodging Goku SSJB's full powered Kamehameha is still pretty good.

>shitty Frost
I don't get this. Almost everyone hates anime Frost after his facade was broken. Manga Frost's facade was more boring, but at least he wasn't Freeza mk2, just someone who didn't want to waste time in the tournament.

>shitty Whis designs
What?

>no SS2 Goku vs Black
The manga has already established that Black is significantly stronger than SSJ3 Goku anyway, which is a better build up than in the anime where Goku and Vegeta didn't take him seriously before SSJ Rose's debut.

>probably no Vegito.
Vegito will be in. He's appearing in tons of products at the same time, unlike SSB Kaioken or Trunks new form. There's no way he's a Toei creation.

Is Tarble canon?
What point is this trying to make?

I'm disappointed.

Yes, he is mentioned in BoG.

No point in complaining now. Mangafags have been going on nonstop. The huge copypasta of quotes that have now become the OP in these threads isn't any different.

>SSG even though it's not supposed to be a transformation anymore
Never stated in the manga.

>shitty Hit, shitty Frost, shitty Whis designs
All of these are better in the manga.

>no SS2 Goku vs Black
Because the anime version was so good right?

>probably no Vegito.
>No tack on nostalgia bullshit which doesn't amount to shit
Good.

Comparing Trunks' SSJ2's design in the anime, where he was just SSJ1 with lightning, with the manga's (note the manga's hair). They kind of fixed him later in the anime with that "new form" though.

>mentor
But he hates ningens, how he will be a mentor if all the races are ningens?
Is Buu a ningen too?

>>Every month, I'll create a storyboard for him to review, and then he'll give me input and suggest changes. When I'm working with Toriyama, there are many portions he gives me props for coming up with, but he is very particular about other things and always points them out for me to correct. And when he corrects me, I think “Wow, I guess I don't completely understand the way he looks at things,” so his corrections and feedback are incredibly accurate and helpful. It's a lot of fun to be able to get closer to his way of thinking
And this is how potara got nerfed to hell.

I don't think demons count as ningen. I actually wonder what Zamasu would say about them.

?

he will say that you are doing good for ningen but will never surpass or achieve that power of a kami
also yes buu is a ningen made by ningen and controlled by a ningen

He is literally crying tears of joy in hell after seeing his grandson from the future becoming the strongest saiyan that have ever existed.

As shitty as GT was, the final moments of the movie were really good.
Of course, that's not because of GT, it's because they make you think about the franchise and the characters.

youtube.com/watch?v=1CgwpecWlWc

Will you shipper/waifufags finally leave once this shitty arc ends?

People are sperging out over the curves in his hair in a form that Trunks has only had in video games until now.

> made by ningen
Didn't Babidi find him somewhere?

This fanart is wrong.
If this scenario would have taken place then that is the first time that Trunks would have on purpose destroyed the laws of time traveling.

>posts a between frame
Good example, faggot. Next you'll start posting the shit from episode 5 last fucking year.

>Oh, come on, and SSJ2 and SSJ3 are supposed to be weaker and consume more energy than SSJ God post-BoGs if you go by that interview. It's a freaking interview, not a canon work. Toriyama given multiple contradictory epilogues for Tenshinhan in interviews too.
He stated over and over that he didn't want SSG to be a new transformation, but a one-time thing. The manga said nope, fuck that, it's SS3.5.

>I don't get this. Almost everyone hates anime Frost after his facade was broken. Manga Frost's facade was more boring, but at least he wasn't Freeza mk2, just someone who didn't want to waste time in the tournament.
Frost had no character in the manga. He was just a boring Frieza reskin.

>What?
Whis looks like shit in the manga pretty consistently. Just look at him when Beerus and Champa are fighting.

>The manga has already established that Black is significantly stronger than SSJ3 Goku anyway, which is a better build up than in the anime where Goku and Vegeta didn't take him seriously before SSJ Rose's debut.
Then Goku could just go SSB (or fucking SSG) and fight him like that. That would make him seem more threatening anyway. But nope let's have Trunks fight someone who is much stronger than SS3 Goku and not die immediately.

>Never stated in the manga.
wew

>All of these are better in the manga.
Nice elaboration, Toyoshill.

>Because the anime version was so good right?
Better than FUCKING CART RACING.

>Good.
Shitty taste.

Thats a retcon. Originally he made him. Then about 5 years ago someone asked Toriyama again and he went 'lolprimordialbeingfloatinginspace' because Toriyama is a hack.

user shippers are like cockroaches.
No matter how much you try to bring them down they will only come back stronger.

>shipper/waifufags spamming the same images over and over in every thread is ok, but not info regarding the production of the series

Hell no one was complaining when that shitty Ningen meme was being spammed to hell.

he found him and made him more powerful or some shit like that

But...dad...I have a family

t.bh I prefer the retcon version.
Both Bibidi and Babidi were hacks and the idea of someone like them creating something that powerful seems far fetched.

Yeah but it's still fun to imagine what would happen if they met.

How did Bibbidi make Majin Boo? What process was there, what were Boo’s ingredients, etc…

Though in the manga Kaiōshin said that Bibbidi made him, the truth is that one called “Boo” was not actually created by Bididi, but has existed since time immemorial. He cycled between rampages and long hibernation. During numerous iterations of this cycle, he absorbed the evil elements of mankind, becoming steadily more violent. Bibbidi merely knew the means of calling Boo from out of his long slumber. Since the current Boo is a slightly different life-form due to the changes brought about when the evil Boo was expelled, it’s not known whether he’ll still go into long hibernation.

Even if F Trunks/F Mai don't show up again, there's still Trunks and Mai from the present. So, no.

>being this triggered over Mario Kart
It's the blue shell isn't it?

Boring filler trash, user. Boring. Filler. Trash.

lel no

And so do I. That's why I'm training to protect them.

So much potential Gohan, it's a shame.

We already know user.
Trunks would continue to tell Goku, and the rest how it is wrong to interact with the people of the past, but after he sees his Mai he go from being a good mommas boy to fuck you mom, and fly of somewhere with DB-Mai

I guess those driving lessons finally came handy for Goku

Sup Forums isn't your hug box.

>anything that isn't punching is filler
Top kek
Also Shit taste

Vegeta just can't stop jobbing.

>SSG made Beerus use 70% of his power
>SSB is stronger plus Whis said that Goku and Vegeta together can beat Beerus
>Yet SSBx10 Kaioken isn't stronger than Beerus

>still defending this retarded filler shit
>what is character development
>what are relationships between character