Scientific "research"

archive.is/nw25r
>The House Just Voted to Bankrupt Graduate Students
Fucking finally. Crooked academia BTFO. Trump getting it done.

Leftists mad as fuck.

blogs.nature.com/news/2011/05/the_rapid_rise_of_chinas_resea.html
China taking the bait. Let's have them pay for all this "research" for a change.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/nw25r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

t. butthurt grad student

Now if they will vote to stop handing out student loans.

>Sup Forums
This change is good, it will move American research into the R&D divisions of corporations, way less useless bullshit being built.

Not /happy/ about the change, but hopefully this will force universities to lower their absurd costs. I imagine there is a good chance it won't, but hopefully. The education tuition bubble needs to pop, especially for grad schools where students have likely already incurred some debt from their undergrad

Good, less fucking lawyers and unwanted foreigners, if I’m not correct? Aren’t most of the students in Harvard foreign born anyway? Not to mention fuck the college system in general

>focus all attention on bringing back shitty manufacturing jobs that end up on the chopping block 6 months later anyway
>take away tax relief from research students
>give tax cuts to only the top third of americans al a Reagan and Bush II both of which led to rising debt but it certainly won't this time because of reasons :^)
we did it reddit!

>Aren’t most of the students in Harvard foreign born anyway?
so your solution is to fuck them so that nobody benefits from their increased human capital rather than offer incentives for those people to stay here and k-12 educational reform to better equip or youth for higher education and scientific research positions?

why don't you retards see that you're shooting all of us in the foot with this shit.

>less fucking lawyers
Most don't get tuition waivers, they already go into some serious debt getting their JD.
The new change is going to affect researchers primarily

>getting paid for years of useless research that goes nowhere
time to start pulling your weight kid.

back in the 60's you would be complaining about the moon landings because "it's just a big rock in space, what a waste of time and money!" while being blissfully unaware to what kind of technological advances all of that research brought us to our daily lives.

yeah, you're that kind of short-sighted retard

Whites went to the moon hippie, we also invented practically every modern invention possible. The only reason why China is catching up to us is because they encourage kids with science and research while we encourage kids to be like niggers and sports stars. If anything we should take money from feeding nigger spawn and put it back to R&D. Or you know...
>force universities to cut the SJW bullshit and put that money towards STEM instead

We need more coal jobs and fewer useless (((researchers)))

I’d rather see Scientists focus more on colonizing pic related than telling me for the 9001st time that we should “fix the climate” or “open the borders for shitskins!” Or tell me that hundreds of years of science and biology got btfo by some faggot cutting off his dick and now we have to refer to him as a girl

Sure would be fun to fly through it if you had energy shields.

> so your solution is to fuck them
Yes
>and k-12 educational reform to better equip or youth for higher education and scientific research positions?
And yes. This is paramount. I've been trying to think of a way to adequately reform the primary educational system (just proposals). I'm writing a very short essay with a basic analysis and proposal and I'm going to send it to the white house. I know the chances of it making it to someone that matters is extremely slim, but one never knows.

>what are the Galliean Moons?
>what is R&D into cost effective shielding?
Thousands of miles of ocean didn’t stop our ancestors from conquering the New World

>how dare you not spend billions listening to the sounds of aquatic mammals off the coast of california
why are you shilling for academia?

oy vey but then where will I get the shekels needed to dress little boys up in girls underwear??

He probably thinks studies on how many times the average person blinks or how much CO2 does it take to give a child warden of the state brain death are good investments.

This is simply punishing academia for being a leftist institution. Most of the large colleges are billion dollar tax free hedge funds with small schools attached.

Everything should be done to destroy them, remember this people want your parents dead, your children raped and you replaced. This is war. Until non globalist institutions exist everything should be done to stop them.

>archive.is/nw25r

Remind me again why it's $50,000 to attend MIT.

Back in the 1930s, you'd be crying about 'naziphobia.'

>back in the 60's you would be complaining about the moon landings

Stop lying. The right did that. The Nazi Werner von Bruan put men on the Moon, while your ilk put blacks on welfare.

Now that marxists control science, all you can do is "invent" global warming and 49 new genders.

remind me to use this image when talking to flat earth literal niggers, it's the only reason they want technology shut down

Exactly. And they did it without help from (((academia)))

The opposite they aren't getting paid so they will fleece students.

Thats why you also get rid of the grants and government backed loans. Then they can fleece students in to bankruptcy and in chapter 11 they can off load some of their deans.

>human capital
Kek

Oy veh, people will have to pay for their PhD themselves instead of taxpayers!

That is how the left views people. They look down on everyone but famous people who share their ideology. Then fueled by their narcissism, dont even view anyone outside their bubble as people.

All the molestation is in the left. The left supports murdering their unborns. They dont think minorities have the right to try their strength and prosper. Those are not people, they are objects to be used and discarded.

>take away tax relief from research students
Copypasting shit from Tumblr into a pdf and calling it a paper on gender studies is not "research".

On the other hand, people who actually do stuff on worthwhile topics and show real progress have no issues securing grant money, so the whole tax thing is irrelevant to them.

t. former grad student

get rid of this wealth redistribution
taking the will for the deed "research"
278045289745092734590827435 trillions in 81723471092834791807234980172908347 projects all defended by pointing to 3 successful project, which are probably unfunded, and forced to put niggers and women on their teams
THIS IS BULLSHIT
STOP THE FUNDING
DEFUND NPR

>all research is about climate change
ok, so you're an idiot
>I can't quantify exactly how this very specific area of research might have applications in other areas of science, technology, or life in general so that means it's useless!
as are you. Pro-tip: you would never have the airplane or helicopters or any advancements in their technologies without research of birds and insects by zoologists
another high iq winner
>The right did that.
oh yeah I forgot the Kennedy Administration was hardcore rightwing. The same administration that increased welfare and financial education support with the "New Frontier" was defo right wing as fuck, right?

This board cannot possibly have a collective iq of over 90.

>I don't know what human capital means
this just gets better and better.
>I was a shitty research student so that means all of them are
yeah, no, but that's what happens with this concept of "investing" not all investments are going to pan out but we recognize that the end reward is worth the risk.

Giving money to people on shitty feminist non-majors does not really qualify as an "investment", more like flushing it down the toilet. Not to mention, there are lots of other ways for them to cut down on their expenses (like not going to an ivy league school, for one).

Why are leftists so intellectually dishonest? When da Vinci was drawing the human anatomy, he didn’t have a graduate degree. When newton invented calculus, how many grad student slaves did he have working under him?

Leftist seem to think that because the government doesn’t give them a pat on the ass, nothing will get done and no one is gonna do anything.

TL:DR fuck off, do things for yourself

You are what's wrong with Sup Forums and conservative thinking in general. If the benefit is not immediately apparent to you, it has no value. There is a whole interconnected world outside your myopic bubble. What are indicator species hurr durr.

look at the second article posted in the OP mr. engrish teacher. We're already losing our edge and this just sets us back even more but according to you it's worth it because you can't see immediate value in certain areas of research when that's the entire FUCKING POINT OF IT. You research because you don't exactly know what it's going to yield. Sometimes it's a bust sometimes it's an explosion of new tech. You don't just fucking pick and choose which areas are most worth it to pursue because you have to realize that every area of scientific research has the potential to affect other areas which in turn will improve all of our lives.

Go ahead and cry more about feminist studies or some other bullshit while China bends us over fucks us in the ass

>The same administration that increased welfare and financial education support with the "New Frontier" was defo right wing as fuck, right?

That's the problem memefaggot, no one wants the welfare state

You are "losing your edge" precisely because have been wasting money supporting people's weed habits for years without requiring them to show anything for it. Like I said, if your work in an actually worthwhile field (fundamental science or something that has direct practical applications) there are loads of ways to get funding. All this law will do is cut down on the number of retards fucking around on taxpayers' dime.

So much red tape and administrative bullshit in academia now. My advisor has no time to be in the lab and do experiments himself because he's too busy with the 6 gorrilion other things he needs to do for paperwork and bullshit writing

To All these lefties looking to China on education

Perhaps the reason China has such well behaved and educated students is that they run their kids over with tanks when they say things the government doesn’t want them to learn about.

Which R&D team made the internet and GPS?

>Da Vinci, estimated to be the smartest hooman bean that ever lived didn't go to school so that means school isn't important and we can cut all research funding now :^)
good fucking christ this board.

>internet
That'd be DARPA, son.

I remember when Bret Bair use to have his weekly pork spending wastes. Millions wasted on the stupidest shit ever, like mating rituals of frogs and life of a sponge.

Also China doesn't have to lower standards for spics and niggers.

>the internet and GPS
Both military technologies, there will always be shekels for that sort of thing

>that shitty ass attempt at sarcasm

Perhaps the reason you got your research funding cut is that you have “TOO” much charisma Mr. turbo autist

Are you literally retarded? I know a lot of real PhDs (my sister included) and they’re worse than NEETs. They spent 6-10 years jerking off with overcomplicated BS experiments, and produce nothing 99.9% of the time. Meanwhile the NIH gives them billions of dollars a year so some fucking useless retards who are afraid of getting a real job can get cuddled for 6 years of their lives in the goverments dime. They take vacations whenever they want, free healthcare, university facilities, free dorming and I’m pretty sure 80%+ of them are shitlivs because of this lifestyle. Let’s not even get started on the fact that Jewish Professors run these labs with no incentive to produce anything. I’m sure if you give even 1/10th of the money to private corporations you’ll have better results.

So what good is this meant to do? How is throwing 90% of research graduates out on their ass help anything? We already know alot of the Marxist types come from those idiotic critical race theory classes. Why not defund those? Why throw the baby out with the bathwater?

Why?

Except that corporations don't develop anything and never have.

We want civilization to be destroyed tho

Because conservashits are retarded and actually believe memes like "free market research," which has never actually happened.

>this message was sent from an iPhone

Can you get there for free if you are poor?

>while China bends us over fucks us in the ass
>spacing
Hey, how about you go back to readit!

When will muh China meme die?

I am faculty scientist at a research university, also have startup biotech for 3 years as well. There is a lot of waste in academic science, no doubt, but industry relies BIG TIME on the research that comes out of the Universities (STEM only duh). It helps to put into perspective: The NIH has a budget of ~$30billion, the DOD is around $750billion, the Medicare/Medicaide ~$700billion. NIH funding is really not much, the hard part is translating the knowledge generated into innovation.

Unless you're at a large state university where they require you be paid less than a retard post-doc in bio that gets 39k. Then it's quite annoying to have a 20 million dollar grant funding your lab because you're still stuck with the grad student wage below poverty line getting taxed at 25% because of your tuition waiver.

>t. Me next year if the senate doesn't stop it

This. Graduate programs are banks that collect human potential and drain resources.

>killing net neutrality
>killing the American research engine
>trying to unironically make an Ayn Rand distopia.

What the fuck is wrong with (((republicans)))? It's like they use our hatred of social perversions to fuck us.

While the (((liberals))) use our desire not to be fucked to push perversions and genocide.

lol leftists are figuring out just how much they depend on Republicans
Republicans aren't going to stick their necks out anymore for those that hate them

It doesn't really do much to help anybody both on the right or left.

The biggest prelude behind it was that the GOP wanted to tax GI Bill recipients initially. However, the military pushed really hard against it since the GI Bill is one of their biggest recruiting incentives.

Thus, they switched to graduate students since they don't have nearly as much lobbying power as the military

Purge the soyims.

Either way, this tax reform isn't going to pass even when it got through the House. The Senate is pretty much against the entirety of the House's bill. Like trillions of dollars out of line with the Senate bad.

>
>Unless you're at a large state university where they require you be paid less than a retard post-doc in bio that gets 39k. Then it's quite annoying to have a 20 million dollar grant funding your lab because you're still stuck with the grad student wage below poverty line getting taxed at 25% because of your tuition waiver.
>>t. Me next year if the senate doesn't stop it

Great example of the problem right here. A grad student who can't write a paragraph that makes sense.

Feels good to watch the USA becoming a third world country.

>instead of taxpayers!
taxes don't pay for phd's here, especially in private institutions, my cucked belgian friend.