Is this something we should be concerned about?

Is this something we should be concerned about?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/11/17/worlds-first-human-head-transplant-successfully-carried/
bigthink.com/paul-ratner/worlds-first-human-head-transplant-going-ahead
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah

Im getting my head transplanted onto an apache attack helicopter. I can finally.live my.dream

Italians win again

Shit guys when will they do this for manlets?

holy shit, this is real. post the link OP ya faggot
>telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/11/17/worlds-first-human-head-transplant-successfully-carried/

OH SHIT BODY SWITCHING ELITES INC WE IN THE DEEP SHIT NOW HOLYSHIT! CODE RED CODE RED

Inb4 Soros shows up with a 20 year old body

Tall people better start watching out, those short people want our bodies

How would they prevent the new body from rejecting the head?

This news will just enflame the Al Frankenstein stuff

Nooooope no no no this is bad, this is very bad. Immortality is achievable. This is the new tower of Babel. We will be punished for this is ways that are incomprehensible in scope and brutality.

>telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/11/17/worlds-first-human-head-transplant-successfully-carried/

What if the braindead humans in the next phase wake up when their heads are swapped?

Rofl.

Same way they prevent regular organ rejection.

Tons of fucking drugs.

Random number generator basically.

Same way the prevent your body from rejecting donor organs, you brainlet. Immuno repressors.

>Carried out on a corpse

duh its mgs references, he was the dr in mgsv that did the entire face transplant of big boss onto medic

>carried out on a corpse

cognitive dissonance m8, works wonders for leftists

Doesn't matter unless we find a cure for alzheimers and other neurodegenerative disorders.

>when you have nothing to show for so you become proud of your own height

holy shit

Lets not get a head of ourselves.

Not posting link should be a bannable offense

Okay, is the guy still alive and can he move?

Except it's real, and he will next attempt it on a living human with a birth defect who will get his head transplanted onto a braindead body.

bigthink.com/paul-ratner/worlds-first-human-head-transplant-going-ahead

I can't wait to watch Alex talk about this tomorrow.

This.

Mediocre

So when you become old and senile you can just switch to a new head?
How is soros ever going to die

absolutely amazing that his even worked as well as it as the amount of science and work done for somthing like this is breathtaking is the patient actually stable enough for speech to give there impressions? its an entirely NEW experience for a human

always.

science is an increasingly questionable enterprise

nothing like the science men have pursued just a couple of centuries ago

Swapping bodies will do nothing to stop the brain ageing.

anyone who played the new wolfenstein know this already.

If Soros eeks out another 20 years and reaches 2030 he will become immortal and this process might give him the edge.

>Immortality is achievable.
No. The brain still degrades over time, faster than it can regenerate its cells. The best case any transplant patient could hope for is finding a donor body roughly the same age and quality as their own, to minimize complications. Putting an old head on a young body isn't going to save a patient from dementia, alzheimer's, etc. A procedure like this would really only be practically considerable in the case of a terminal, inoperable cancer within the body, or another fatal prognosis.

Ha!

I said new head, you fucking bing bong

ALRIGHT KOJIMBO

It finally happened! You can reveal to us the secret behind MGSV now!

>>>/9gag/

>How is soros ever going to die

If you had your head transplanted onto someone else's body and you wanted to masturbate would it still be masturbation or would you be jerking off someone's corpse?

>tfw 6'3"

I'm not gonna be hunted for my body, r-right?

If you swap a head from a 29 yo onto a body of a 10 would it be peadophilia?

Probably why so many people are getting these now. It sets a concrete expiration date on the goyim.

The left is about to get fit.

Nah your too short buddy.

That guy's got some chicken legs.

>too late to explore Earth
>too early to explore Space
>just in time to achieve immortality
>new body will give me the extra time to reach nanomachine technology
>nanomachine technology will repair my cells and prevent aging
>plugging my conscious into neural networks will allow me to unplug from life for a while, enter a deep pleasant dream state, and awake many years later feeling refreshed and excited to live more

>implying any of this is a bad thing.

Science will allow us to hit the reset button on how our brain perceives life, repairing our worn out minds and replacing them with a healthy youthful perception

If this makes me a liberal wtf im a hilldog now

Telomeres will still run out, and cancer would be inevitable. If they can fix those things, then immortality

there's a guy doing it for real soon,

he said his only other option is doctor assisted suicide

Surely the next step would be figuring out how to halt the brain from degenerating.

But, for now I'm sure that the elites diet of stem cells and sacrifice of Christians will be adequate.

>>just in time to achieve immortality
no, you are too early

Nazi germany was doing studies on exactly this, get with the times normies, youre only 60 years late to the party.

W A S T E D

Mad Cow disease and other diseases of the brain still pose a massive risk to immortality.

immortality when?

They did it 50 years ago with animals and they were paralyzed after the procedure, is the patient paralyzed afterwards?

This still has a long way to go. It is one thing transplanting a dead head onto a corpse and another transfering the head of a live person. You would have to carefully sever the head connecting each vain and artery to some kind of blood circulation system to keep the head alive. You would also have to create an artificial head to regulate the functions of the dead body.
The body needs to be functioning to serve the head and vice versa.

Then he wouldn't be fucking soros, now would he user

It's obviously not a "head transplant", but rather a "body transplant". Why are they playing this word game in this situation -- Do they want to take us down a path were thinking that one's "self" is in one's head is a "social construct"?

ebin :DD

Holy shit

Italians really are the master race. Could you imagine how stoked hitler would be right now?

Not posting Archive should be. Where's norgebot?

If Italians aren't the masterrace I don't know what they are
>politics, culture, art, science, architecture, religion, food

>manlets knocking out tall people and instead of stealing kidneys they just swap bodies
>tall people waking up in the bathtub with horror realizing they are now manlets forever

this needs to be turned into a horror film

more like, how do they keep the head from rejecting the body?

corticosteroids but they also have pretty bad side effects especially longer term intake.

Nope

>technology has become so advanced that liches become reality

Real life turning into a dungeons and dragons adventure now

Can I get a female body?

he has legs according to his body fat, check is abs, check his arms they are not thick.

when will this fucking meme end ? its pushed by fat fucks who think having thick calves and a belly is better than to be lean and proportionate calves

young blood has a regenerative effect on elderly tissue; transplanting an old head on a 20-something body would literally cause the head to de-age. it wouldn't fix everything but it would drastically increase the shelf-life of their head.

the nerves are the only issue since they aren't really capable of healing unless perfectly aligned within a very short period of time otherwise the entire cell starts to die.

if you get body swapped with a black person, would that mean you're lucky cause now you got a 9" dick or unlucky cause you are now half black?

fake news

same way we keep your mom from not rejecting the head: drugs.

because it's clinically a head transplant, not a body transplant.

>he thinks medical technology won't increase his lifespan enough to surpass the invention of immortality

yeah

SO MEN CAN PRETEND TO BE WOMEN BUT I CANT PRETEND TO BE A HELICOPTER

YOU SIR ARE A HELIPHOBE AND SHOULD BE SHAMED FOR YOUR BIGOTRY

bro his legs are like spindles

>Dr. Frankenstein irl

but isn't that the doctor from mgsv?

>nanomemes

Only if this happens

Even if you developed some kind of fucked up shark gene therapy to keep any of your brain cells from ageing, the brain cannot hold limitless information. Live long enough and your brain will be forced to push out old memories and routines to make room for what you need on a daily basis. Imagine forgetting every memory of your childhood, the names of your wife and children, of anyone and anything you held dear beyond a few centuries. In time you would have a fundamentally different identity, and never notice the transition. Immortality is a bitch.

Already ? It was supposed to happen early december tho

This is the plot to EVE online.

Just FYI since nobody fucking reads.

This was performed on an already paralyzed person whose body was dying. The surgery is unable to properly attach the head to the body, so afterwards they are unable to walk or do anything.

It was only a benefit because this guy was already paralyzed before and was dying rapidly.

It's great, it would be like reincarnations except I wouldn't have to die

Was done on a corpse. They already did a monkey, live human next.

medical science has been successful in fusing spinal cords together. The odds of this working the first time are low, or rather if it does work their bodies will be paralyzed until the brain can "figure out the controls" so to speak. It'd likely be similar to deaf-from-birth people being given cochlear implants and being overwhelmed by even the ambient noises around them.

As it stands right now we know that there is a specific neuron/grouping in your brain for each nerve ending on your skin, that means the brain will need to rewire itself over time.

Lena Dunham is ahead of you in the queue for that.

same way they keep your anus from rejecting semitic semen

Transplant a white man's head into a black bulls body, and you got yourself the perfect human specimen.