Occultic Nine episode

This episode was pretty well directed, to be honest.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=TSumcgHOyDU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Except for that cancerous spinning.

So is everyone a spooky ghost now from the looks of the ending?

not all of them

The main character continues to yell or scream out his lines almost all the time each and every episode so far. It's amazing how he yells at night that no one else seems to hear him yelling. Even when that asshole lying detective is 5 seconds away from the professor's office, the MC was yelling at the top of his voice yet the detective didn't hear.

>Except for that cancerous spinning.
The vertigo effect is to mirror the detective's method of causing mental vertigo in the girl he was questioning. He was mixing questions and poking at her past trauma at the same time to try to push her off balance. Real life detectives do this too as they question someone for hours in tag team questioning to get the subject tired and then they start with the mental tactics to get them off off balance so their defenses are down or confused.

So the use of perspective and angle changes is a bit refreshing. The use of camera work perspectives isn't on par with the anime Perfect Blue which emulated some of Alfred Hitchcock's camera techniques. But it's still better for having tried in a low budget way.

Tatas is still alive, same for DemonDude

Except for ep 1 or 2, he was dead all the time, but in ep 1 he was in a school, so the wall probably stops the sound made by voices, so it's easier to concentrate.

I must be stupid or watching too carelessly. It's not apparent to me.

Nah, it's just easy to miss details

>he was dead all the time

I don't remember any episode where the grim reaper shinigami appeared in front of him. If it is like other live-action shows (twilight zone) or anime, if someone is able to see the Grim Reaper, that is bad. Because then they have met Death.

>Nah, it's just easy to miss details

Then it's sort of like Lain which required the viewer to pay attention.

A little more than Lain I'd say, because it contained a little more of those "End of ep 6" moments to explain a bit

Literally at the end of episode 3.

It's garbage.

it's good.

So they are all dead since the end of episode 3?

Damn, this shit is good. I almost ignored it because of stupid cow tits.

What the hell, is that weird screeching sound they make when talking a sign that they are dead? It's in some scenes but isn't in other.

I was sure it's just fucked HS audio.

>is that weird screeching sound they make when talking a sign that they are dead
Yeah, In that flashback where aria is talking to her ghost brother his voice sounded weird too. He also had no shadow or reflection. All the clues were left before they actually reveal it

Episode 3 is really damn obvious when you watch it again. They really did a good work with this.

Why is witch so best?

She's too sexual for her own good.

She really is.

Occultic;Nine/10

cant wait for new ep bois

Literally.

If the main cast are actually ghosts, why did the taxi stop for them?

Checkmate occultists.

Ghost taxi.

The taxi didn't stop for Myu,it stopped for Ryotas,which might not be dead.
That,or

m.youtube.com/watch?v=TSumcgHOyDU

>A little more than Lain I'd say
Then there's no hope for a lot of non-japanese viewers that may miss cultural and language vocal cues as well. Many people in Sup Forums didn't understand Lain. Then different problems happened with Guilty Crown which required viewers to remember fine points separated by multiple episodes. When viewers didn't remember, then certain happenings in the current episode wouldn't make sense without that remembered context.

>I almost ignored it because of stupid cow tits.
It's like she was put there to distract you so the plot could then sucker punch you. You have to constantly look for the cues showing someone is part of the dead side and not the live side of existence. It's also a mystery show too, but the viewers still have a huge advantage over the characters in the show unable to yet put all the facts together. At least they are getting closer if the MC doesn't fall apart in the next episode. If the plot spoon fed the viewers all the answers up front, then there's no more mystery.

A lot of the fun (or a test of the viewers' ability to have visual comprehension) is to watch this as a mystery show. Viewers that watch this show's "witch" with the "Strike Witches" mindset will miss a lot of points. At least the plot is using this witch as the "gimmee" knowledge character. Plotwise, she ties many things together, so that's why the plot does a lot more reveal about her than with the other characters.

I see what you did there.

This show is the most clever show in this 2016 fall anime season's lineup.

Did you seriously praise GC for its story?

>e celebs
Let me guess, his biggest problem is tits?

Yep.

So that first premonition showed supercomputers 10 years in the future because everybody became digitalized?

Jesus, it's going full Lain.

The worst part about Arkada is that he's so superficial. He doesn't care about any part of a show except the most core story elements that are right there and obvious. He'll have done no research into O;9 beforehand, and won't be part of any proper discussion of it, so how well adapted from its source it is will go right over his head. Not to mention that how much it uses its visual and sound design to foreshadow and create atmosphere will have also completely missed him, because that's just the type of clueless viewer he is. But I'm willing to bet that the big plot twist at the end of ep 6 won him over, and later on he's going to be saying the show is isn't as bad as he first thought, because once a show just has something tangible that he can easily understand going for it, he can enjoy it in the ultra shallow way he enjoys most things.

He didn't praise GC for its story. He praised it for having a plot that required the audience to remember lots of small details or else they'd get confused later on. As seen in Sup Forums, many people who were confused became unconfused once facts were pointed out to them. Unfortunately, the damage was done by then as some of the confused people refused to accept it was their own fault for not understanding and they continued to blame GC for being confusing. It's similar to that anti-Lain phenomenon that occurred in Sup Forums years prior to GC.

>Jesus, it's going full Lain.

It's risky of the production committee to create a storytelling type plot anime that makes demands of the audience instead of spoon feeding. I'm happy to see it because storytelling shows had been replaced by too many merchandise-selling spoon-feeding T&A or moe shows.

Wait a minute, this sounds like a prequel to Anonymous;Code.

The ghosts don't have shadows
The car that switches lanes to avoid myuu and the taxi that stop for her don't have shadows
So ghost taxis?
Could be an animation error/plot hole. There also shouldn't be anyway that myuu and the reporter could have bought coffee but they had it anyway. And then there's the shot where the coffee cup has no shadow. I'm fairly sure it's deliberate, especially considering all the other little clues they've snuck in so far, I just find it hard to belive that with that attention to detail they would slip up that badly. Obviously it doesn't make sense given what we know at the moment but then we don't have the whole picture yet so who knows.

What is the bar owner up to? He's been acting suspicious for a while now.

I'll really need to watch it from the start looking for those little things.

And why would witch still see devil-kun like a predator if she's also dead?

Maybe some of them simply aren't dead yet?

Or they can be "crossover" that have dual status? Like ghosts which can be seen by normal people and interact with objects such as handing over a package to a real person?

>And why would witch still see devil-kun like a predator if she's also dead?
She doesn't know she's dead. Devil-kun knows, but is keeping a secret from her.

He stopped her from killing herself before. Why didn't he stop her this time?

Witch already has experience with dead people. It's possible she can see ghosts.

That fukcing MC though. He spoils everything. Every scene he is in becomes unwatchable. Every single time he has to scream and act like a pure retard.

Just look at his VA. That should answer your questions.

>Maybe some of them simply aren't dead yet?

Ever heard of the term 'Astral Projection'?

Wonder how long is going to take to all those who keep complaining about Ryo-tas huge knockers before they realize she has a severe case of Macromastia. And that isn't anything to laugh at, mind you.

>Every single time he has to scream and act like a pure retard.

He is a parasitic NEET with no real job to sustain himself. So his living quarters are furnished by some means outside of working for a living. Someone must be paying for his tiny studio apartment because in Japan, there's no way the property manager is going to leave an apartment unrented just so a ghost can live there.

Why would anyone complain at huge tits

I dunno. Some idiots that complain they are too distracting even though the only time we got to see them bouncing all over the place was in episode 1.

I can see why they didn't notice that they are ghosts since they pretty much only interacted with each other, but what about the reporter girl?

They are too big. It's just stupid.

You're the stupid one here, for not realizing why they are that big.

So is it worth a watch? I haven't heard much about it outside here

It's honestly one of the best shows of the season if not year.

It's my AOTY, but people shit on it bc it requires the viewer to pay attention to it to understand it.