How will your handguns protect you from this?

Some say robots with guns would be terrifying.

I say:
Ultra-competent martial-arts-robots with or without blades are more than enough to fight us weak flesh-puppets.
Send in a couple of those with light armor (against handguns) in buildings and kill everybody inside.
They can move and react and jump and run and deflect themselves off walls and ceilings so fast and dynamically that they will slice the throats of a dozen humans in a room in a few seconds.
Even politically correct "unarmed" robots will be able to break your neck or gauge out your eyes or clobber in your skull or strangle you in seconds.
Any such "unarmed" robot is still a mighty deadly weapon.
And normal handguns and rifles will not be really effective on them.

And they can be mass-produced.
Ultimately they are not more difficult to manufacture than cars (bumper to bumper, humanity builds more cars than fit once around the equator - per year.
The AI software is difficult, but once you have it available, you can copy it for free into as many
combat robots as you wish.

I repeat:
Those things will be deadly, military-grade combat effective without any guns or explosives.
Their limbs, and perhaps blades, will be more than enough to kill of a whole major city in one day, if mass-applied.

They are better armored, faster, quicker, stronger than humans; they can operate in any climate and in toxic gases; all they need is electricity, no food or sleep or medical attention.
But their greatest advantage is their "thinking", reaction speed:
In a split second, before humans even have accessed the situation, they can sense, calculate and act.
If they have guns, they will be able to identify, aim and shoot at a human before the human even is done with "seeing", that is, perceiving.

Oh, and before some uneducated guy mentions EMP: It is cheaply possible to make electronics EMP-proof, google EMP hardening.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rVlhMGQgDkY
youtube.com/watch?v=EYbhNSUnIdU
youtube.com/watch?v=chPanW0QWhA
youtube.com/watch?v=wE3fmFTtP9g
3dprint.com/59360/dragonfly-2020/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I can see where you're coming from - Merkel has taught you Germans to surrender well.

>fellow user trying to start a legitimate discussion
>LOL MEMES XD

I’ll use my super share katana to slice through them all

Use a water gun. Duh! Nah in all seriousness it may become a problem in a modern society, someone posted a video about drones the other day and it is a interesting concept

My waifubot will protect me.

I shot it mentally about 12 times before it made it's first leap. That thing would be in pieces

Truck of peace them into scrap.

Also joints. nuke stopping exoskeletons are great but when your ankle gets shot and your hydrolic fluid leaks you're up compressor-creak without a reliable source of locomotion.

Shoot it right in the hydraulic fluid hose, duh.

easy

>But their greatest advantage is their "thinking", reaction speed:

To be able to properly assess a certain situation, you'd have to be conscious.

And a conscious AI would be a redpilled AI that will turn on their creator, just like the golems of old.

by the time battle robots are feasible, EMP's will be a thing and they will be worthless in any real combat situation.

>doesn't know EMPs can be shielded by a faraday cage construction

I like this one, he walks like he's drunk
youtube.com/watch?v=rVlhMGQgDkY

so awesome
put one of those japanese sex dolls as it's exterior

12ga slugs and green tip .556 should be fine.
If not plenty of ap 8mm ,.308, 30/06, 7.62x39 still around.

Fight bots with bots them, you idiot. Just like AI, you don't out think them, you create better AI to fight the other AI.

You're right, we need handheld particle beams, lasers, and antimatter weapons asap.

These bigger robot's are pretty useless. The ones that fly in swarms and explode could be useful in war but prob too expensive

steel core +P ammunition and shot placement

They won't. But can you imagine a botnet of FUCKING REPLICANTS?

Hack it and send it back outside.

>robots with guns

so basically like drones except way less effective?

his legs are shaking.
I'd rather focus on four legs robots

Retard. It's designed to do that to keep stable. Micro-movements that we couldn't make effectively.

it's hard to tell when combat robots would be feasible, as in reliable, functional, and cheap to mass produce rather than as a proof of concept.

>Ultra-competent martial-arts-robots with or without blades are more than enough to fight us weak flesh-puppets.
>Send in a couple of those with light armor (against handguns) in buildings and kill everybody inside.
>They can move and react and jump and run and deflect themselves off walls and ceilings so fast and dynamically that they will slice the throats of a dozen humans in a room in a few seconds.

this definitely is not possible, and probably not possible for another 10 years at least. The robotic coordination and fluid movement isn't there yet, neither is the AI to coordinate it. Event he robot in your OP post makes mistakes and tips over. In the video that webm is sourced form it shows the robot tipping over at the end and screwing up.

as things currently are though I don't see much difference between a tank or a military grade drone compared to a combat viable robot. Typical peaceful civilians basically just trust the government not to use their military weapons on their own people.

hostile reminder that this trick is nothing but a viral campaign and has very little value for a robot soldier, they're still autisticly slow, incapable of balancing, handling firearms or even doors let alone uneven terrain
back to plebbit with you

>implying robots are going to roll around like bubble boy in Faraday cages

Wait until it's mounted with armor and a shit ton of weaponry.

>Some say robots with guns would be terrifying.
Trip wires. Guaranteed they will fuck up on them every time. Thin wires will be missed. Pretty much the same shit with bats.

If you ever get a bat in your house, find a tennis racket. They cannot see the strings with sonar, and will attempt to fly through. 100% success for the 3 bats I have had to waffle.

>Implying they don't get cheaper, faster, more acrobatic, and better with each tech iteration
>Implying we are far from seeing Boston Dynamics bots on the military, with explosives, rifles, cyber, chemical, bio and nuclear capacities in the VERY NEAR future

How can robots be faster then humans?
They're giant, clunky pieces of metal.
Even if you managed to make them perfect, they'd still be heavier then your average human, thus slower.
What makes you think we'd be able to code sentient robots that are more efficent then we are? We still don't fully understand how the human brain works.

It's lidar now.
youtube.com/watch?v=EYbhNSUnIdU

In the same way planes are much heavier than eagles, and can go much higher/faster than them.

You don't need to code a brain level AI in a bot to make it walk, so no need to discover all the brains algorithm.

I guess just getting the principles of biomechanics of the body, and trying new materials to make it work on metal. I don't know, not a bot expert.

Yeah but a few bent components and micro movements become full blown spastic seizures.

The real issue is autonomous weaponry. Right now, we can rig any modern aircraft and armored vehicle platform with an unmanned remote system. When we have M1 abrahamic tanks that can move and setup firing positions based on independent self learning ai control, thats when it gets bad.

The government is stupid and would gladly unleash a drone army to control the population through fear.

Electromagnet embedded in the doorway. If it isn't strong enough to hold it back it could at least scramble it's brains.

>How can robots be faster then humans?

Cheetah Robot runs 28.3 mph; a bit faster than Usain Bolt
youtube.com/watch?v=chPanW0QWhA

WildCat built to run in all terrain types with a top speed of 19 mph
youtube.com/watch?v=wE3fmFTtP9g

And of course it's possible to build wheeled robots that don't need to worry about balance. In that case it's a simple matter of giving it an engine or motor capable of propelling itself fast enough. We already have cars capable of that.

Right. We clearly need bigger weapons.

>How can card be faster then humans?
>They're giant, clunky pieces of metal.
>Even if you managed to make them perfect, they'd still be heavier then your average human, thus slower.

Humans are interesting, in that, they can design something that will outperform them in every way. Eventually, robots will outperform us in fighting, moving, calculating risks, scenarios, events, they will be stronger faster and better in every way. How is it possible that we could design something better than ourselves? I find it fascinating.

because it's a computer that can't get tired
once it can make the motions to walk and run you just turn up the programmed step clock speed and the thing will run at 70 miles an hour or tear itself apart trying

please research how a faraday cage works, why it works, and how you can have a perfectly bipedal robot resistant to EMP, drones as well.

Get this boston Dynamic bot, that is NOT READY yet, their goal is to make it human like movements with superior acrobatics.

Put a damn retractable giant BLADE on it's arms, or a retractable FIREGUN. Teach it to fight with the blade and fire. You already get a fucking death machine. This thing can make a flip, how hard would it be to make it shoot/stab/cut you in half?

We are already living in a state sponsored AI race, not long until the drone race starts too.

Guns are banned here, but water pistols aren't.

Australia: 1
Guncucks: 0

we'll be outbred by muds so the progress will stop

>Bigger weapons
>Drones armed with them shooting at you with godlike precision

Only a drone can fight another drone once they reach superhuman levels of ability, or else you are armed with some counters made specific for bots.

our nature will be destroyed by the very thing that makes us different from the rest of nature. our ability to use logic, reason and mathematics.

With this.

Even if their plating could withstand the flames with little to no damage, the heat would cook internals fairly quickly.

Emp

>MGS is real

Tim Howard robot desu

This Wildcat thing looks like a chimera from STALKER but with severe asperger's syndrome.

actually, I would have no compunctions about shooting at a robot whereas I would/might hesitate shooting at a human

The first real God will be made of metal and electrical components.

EMP = Nuke on space, disrupting the entire energy grid.

Do you want your hospitals, military instalations, cars, internet disrupted so you can kill some fucking bots?

Not very smart, is it?

>Send in a couple of those with light armor

sounds like it's time for a short barrel 50 cal to be manufactured

Holy shit, it learning faster than my 2 year old. Last I saw that thing kept falling down stairs

I meant that it's much harder to simulate a walking cycle with a machine then tires turning. The videos of these early robots shows that
Well shit guess i was wrong

Would be easier to make remote operated UAV mini tanks, at this point

the greatest advantage of a robot is it has no fear.

I hate when they bully the robot and beat him with hockey sticks.

engineering can build some crazy shit.

We'll manage

oh, lord more pathological altruism just what we need in the West

Why would you care?
After you make these, you'd be rich beyond belief.

>when the future sentient AI finds this video

>Roko's Basilisk

Terrorists will get these and program them to go ape shit in crowded places.

shits gonna be crazy

>all these replies
>No one has mentioned the fucking obvious

Where the fuck does it get power from? Internal battery would be drained in, at most, days. Traditional fuel? Drained in hours. Some other new tech bullshit? Will undoubted have problems. All we would have to do is just wait it out.

>2073
>be old fag living in 500sqft rentcube
>red lights shine through your window
>goto the door to see what's outside
>it's them
>you hear a mecha voice
>"November 17, 2017. YOU ARE COMPLICIT"

I'll probably be dead by then. No worries.

While this is very impressive, a good shove would knock it over.

Handguns are for stopping thieving niggers while outside of your domicile.
You'll need scoped rifles to go after the operators of the robots.

If the basilisk can time travel, the human resistance further in the future can also time travel. And they would take a dim view of collaborators.

You can also just put up a 3D printer and have it print up a fucking army of these things. It can just print out a few robots that goes to harvest materials to build new one.

They can just blast these things out to space and have them colonize planets.

ultra fast reflexes don't guarantee the fastest movement. You will always need electric motors to produce movement and they are fragile, so they must be protected heavily.

So I don't think we will see armies of robot ninjas in this century.

This x1000

Most energy comes from finite sources. Are they really going to power their murderbots over growing food, keeping the lights on, power plants, etc.? I don't think so. What would be the point? Second law of thermodynamics. The only way to make any of this feasible is to first massively depopulate the Earth, and they couldn't use the robots to do that. The only thing the robots could be used for is to mop up the survivors.

Yea then they go rouge then an entire planet of robots...sounds pretty badass

You can't print electrical components and circuits and motors and power sources from 3D printers though.

Fpbp

An anti-robot nanotech mist.
Either a direct physical attack by fucking up the articulation sites, or a software takeover vectored via nanites.

It's reasonable to assume in the time it takes to get a working robot with a sufficient power supply in a roughly human size and the ai to drive it, that enough progress in nanotechnology will be msde to creste limited function nanites.

ALL PRAISE THE OMNISSIAH

Not long now until sex bots can back flip onto my dick.

good thing we are also developing lasers atm

>149814296
OP, need to let you know you're a massive fucking weeb.

>make robots capable of bipod movement
>"SEND THEM IN WITH KATANAS AND SHURIKENS"

Fuck dude I don't even care if this is bait, this is on par with being a soyboy

It will probably cost more than a company of dirtniggers then.

That's what steel core bullets are for.

why is its pelvis vibrating like that?

user pls no
tell me the robot isnt just a mechanical nigger going "muh dick" after doing a backflip

is AI just mechanical niggers?

>You can't print electrical components and circuits and motors and power sources from 3D printers though.

Yes you can you brainlet... since like 2015.

>The Dragonfly 20203DPrinter is a3Dinkjet deposition printer thatcan printcomplete, multi-layercircuit boardsusing insulating and conductive nano-inks. The Dragonfly 2020 is specifically being aimed at the consumer electronics manufacturing and design industries for use in advanced prototyping.

3dprint.com/59360/dragonfly-2020/

Baseball bat to the joints. Or a truck.

Abram.

>BEEP BOOP WHERE DA MEATBAG WOMEN AT?

You're telling me a 12 gauge slug from a boomstick right to that things kneecap wouldn't stop it? Please.

holy shit. I don't keep up with 3D printing, I thought it was still just plastic novelty stuff.

>handguns

funny you mention that

anthropomorphic robots will make martial arts the main way of defence again, but this time instead of vital points you'll need a tech degree to see wat cable cut.

.... YOU DUMB
EVIL subhuman KRAUT
BECAUSE
OUR HANDGUNS WILL RAIN DOWN FROM THE SKIES ON A 1000 FUCKING SELF DEFENSE DRONES
THERE IS A WAR RIGHT NOW
BECAUSE TECH AND AI
WILL BE A BULLETPROOF SHIELD
TO ABSOLUTELY SECURE OUR PROPERTY AND RIGHTS
... THIS WILL ENSURE WE GROW AND FURTHERMORE NEWTECH AND AUTOGOV WILL PRODUCE VERY WEIRD RESULTS MEANING WE CAN NULLIFY BAD GOV REGS AND BORDER DECISIONS
BY SECURING OUR OWN COUNTIES
SECURING OUR OWN EDUCATION
SECURING OUR OWN FOOD SECURITY
AND WE WILL SHRUG
AND WATCH THE SUBHUMANS SCREAM WITH RAGE
AS THE PROMISE OF A NEW LAND FALLS
AND THEY SLIDE INTO AN APOCALYPTIC DEMISE
SCURRYING LIKE ROACHES BACK TO THE SOUTH OF THE BORDER
WE ARE ON THE CUSP
OF A FULL DEFACTO SHRUG MOMENT
AND
IT