Casually mentions that she has clinical depression

>casually mentions that she has clinical depression
>this is never raised or demonstrated again

Depression isn't a real illness so of course it isn't.

What
Why would the brain be impervious to illness

I love LL but

>expecting serious characterization from LL

I've had clinical depression since I was six years old and I have yet to find anything to curb the constant negative thoughts and feelings of wanting to die.

Just evade yourself on chinese cartoons and Sup Forums shitposting like the rest of us

Ignore him. Lots of people don't believe in psychological problems and think it's all a matter of laziness and "you should just try harder".

As for your OP, just because you have a depression doesn't mean that it's always a topic. Some depressions are recurring and only fuck you up part of the time (as a matter of weeks or months, usually).

>Ignore him. Lots of people don't believe in psychological problems and think it's all a matter of laziness and "you should just try harder".
Oh, please. I believe in psychological problems, just not depression.

She has a very low self-esteem and is constantly looking down on herself on other mediums tho.

Hell half of her idle chatter and side stories on SIF are about how average she is and how little she stands out

This, if it wasn't for Sup Forums and anime I'd have probably killed myself already.

>be depressed as fuck with absolutely no expectations for the future or reason to keep on living
>see an interesting show being announced for next year
>"oh well guess I won't be killing myself until the next year"
Every fucking season

Look at the bright side of it.

You'll never need more than this reaction image because you'll never feel any other emotion. It's so much easier for you!

When 15 years old say says he thinks there's nothing fun, it doesn't mean he has clinical depression

Lol

I like it.

Because she recovers from it and instead gets another mental illness instead.

>sunshine anime
>having decent characterization

SOILED

That's not depression, that's just being a whiny teenager, she solved it when she discovered she wanted to get Chika'd.

Sunshine really had some moments that hit to close to home.

She gets healed, by friends.
I know this sounds like a hard concept to grasp on this part of the internet.

The fuck is a friend you degenerate

Seriously, if you're depressed, you just need to snap out of it. Put on a smile and be happy!

Japanese don't believe in chronic depression lol

>Depression isn't a real illness so of course it isn't.

Fuck you user. Glad you've never had to deal with it faggot.

Seems like kids these days think that every negative feeling in the world can be an excuse for being a fucking pussy and needs a "scientific" diagnosis so you have a mandate to sit around being a fucking loser. It's normal to feel strange being a teenager.

It's OK kid, someday you'll leave your parents' house and face the real world.

this!!! :))))

>Put on a smile and be happy!
Great advice, you should become a professional psychologist

Thanks, right wing Republican

Is SIF considered canon? I guess I should be reading these instead of skimming through then.

As someone who has had depression off and on for my whole life, it's because you get used to faking it. You are never happy, but you wouldn't be either way, so you might as well stop yourself from ruining the mood of everyone around you.

>incessantly feel utterly worthless and consider suicide multiple times per day starting from early childhood
>It's normal to feel strange being a teen-ager
Your understanding of depression is so poor that it's almost impressive.

I enjoy my own company, but not always

I don't subscribe to anything absolutely, but fuck that- at least in my experience

I've not got depression, but I know plenty of people who do, and it never seems to help much if you just bottle it up.

I dunno, just speaking from my perspective, I get used to it, and if that helps people have an outlet, or express how they're feeling, or just makes them feel more real, then I don't wanna be surrounded by happy people all the time

Because it's not depression, it's just being awake.

same here user, you're not alone

>that part where Chika bangs her head out of self-hate

Even though the impact was lessened by cutting to Riko's shocked face, it was still a strangely dark, yet, powerful moment.

That was, of course, after a suicide joke

>be sad
>"hmmmmm..."
>"I must be mentally ill"

go away tumblr/r9k

This

>lonely bookworm becomes a walking meme and compulsive eater one episode after she was fine
>has eaten more twinkies than books read in the series
>High diver is never seen doing high diving or lifting
>Dia never played her fucking harp thing

>Seriously, if you're depressed, you just need to snap out of it. Put on a smile and be happy!
Seriously, if you've got cancer, you just need to snap out of it. Put on a smile and be healthy!
Seriously, if you've got a broken leg, you just need to snap out of it. Put on a smile and be healthy!
Seriously, if you're HIV positive, you just need to snap out of it. Put on a smile and be healthy!

>1st season did completely shit
>No news of a 2nd season
>The boring and bland of Aquors killed Love Live

>hag falseflagger
>unironically thinks no S2

It's impossible to be depressed when you're this sexy

Let's call depression sadness. A horrible sadness. Which just doesn't want to go away. The best treatment is loving people who REALLY understand you and help you to put you on the right track, on YOUR track.

Just shoving meds in the throat doesn't replace loving human beings who are not assholes.

If we would have that, you could just throw those meds out of the window. But our world is not like that, it's not so beautiful. That's why people need drugs. If it's either meds, or cannabis or LSD, Heroin, whatever. All this self destruction, just because one thing is missing in the world: Love.

fuck u, people really suffer a lot bc of it

Are you an idiot? Clinical depression is caused by a chemical imbalance in your brain. You can't just fix that with love.

Meanwhile, back here in reality, people who are loved are still depressed. People who have absolutely zero reason to be depressed are. Certainly, medication isn't the right answer for everyone who has depression, but for many it is the only answer that works. "You don't REALLY need those medications" is NOT a universal truth.

Hang in there, user.

The anime kinda ruined that side of her down the line, but when it comes to the dengeki persona she has, she honestly doesn't think much of herself or her life. She honestly view herself as a boring girl that no one would want to be with.
I'm not sure how much of that would be depression, but either way I love despite what she says.

These, desu wa. Some people get depressed because of things happening in their lives. Others get Depression, which is a literal brain problem that drives suicidal thoughts and tendencies. Some people just need to get laid. Others need their head put back into whack with a short term medication schedule.

Except the fucking Yanks, in classic form, have never fucking heard of something called an 'exit strategy'.

You missed plebbit.

good bite m8 thx 4 the (U)

I am American and what is an exit strategy?

/thread

It was both for my case. At first it started as teen's puberty stuff but as time goes on it becomes a real clinical problem.

I've had this for 15 years and I wish I killed myself. I live in a highly superstitious country in which depression means the lack of god in your heart. I wanted to go to a doctor but I just can't stand the things my family will say after that.

There it goes, I ended up blogging on an anonymous chinese cartoon message board because at least you will say bad things to me anonymously.

Not even anime, huh