What kind of message is SHAFT trying to convey to us with this sequence? is this deep? is this smart? impacting, anyhow...

what kind of message is SHAFT trying to convey to us with this sequence? is this deep? is this smart? impacting, anyhow? pure art come with a certain price i guess

Shaft is such garbage.

>Yuki Yase
Fuck sake SHAFT stop giving this fucking retard work. Give it to someone decent like Itamura.

is this a new mene?

That looks those old videogames with pre rendered backgrounds

>I'm commuting you to memory
fantastic, commeme

Imagine a world without Shaft

please make a webm of this too

Will SHAFT ever learn?

oh god i can't stop laughing

thank you

The OVA's are just gonna be the first novel right? And will anyone ever translate 6-9?

neverever

Sadness

Not even the 3D looks decent

why?

Because no one is interested, why else?

Just when you think Shaft can't get any worse, they find a way

they are like a reverse kyoani

god this show bored me so much with the first episode. an easy drop, for sure. the concept and characters didn't seem bad but it's just....... so.......... boring

It's only one part of the OVA so far, it gets interesting.

Is was only this introduction scene, stop complaining

This, Kyoani is terrible and SHAFT is best

sure, it was only the first ep, but only a single character seemed to have a personality that wasn't just "complex talk in monotone" (the main girl) and i wasn't ready for 8 whole episodes of that.

It's actually incredible how much they keep fucking everything up.

Bases SHAFT

Based*

I do

I appreciate the grammatically incorrect sentiment, but it amounts to very little. In fact the only reason i chose to reply is because im rereading the novel and wanted to indulge in some chuuni back and forth.

>Is was only this introduction scene, stop complaining
Did you even watch the episode?

It's just your autism and Kyoanifag syndrome

3DCGI assets are really easy to rotate a camera around, 2D not so much. Too bad most Japanese animators are incapable of doing much else with this technology.

Oh Oh Oh here comes the necessary vs. component of Sup Forumss most riveting discussion piece series Shaft vs. Kyoto Animation: The Eternal Struggle

everyone is this thread, got trolled, hard, by me, OP

atleast shaft knows how skirts work

More like your vague and awful start to this thread allowed for a unique brand of Sup Forums shitters to coalesce. But hey, as long as you think you won, right?

it's for little girls dude, why would they risk showing unchaste images

Most of the supposedly top tier best selling popular anime is just soul crushingly boring to me too. The whole medium and it's fanbase have really gone weird places in the 2010's and I just don't think it's for me anymore at this rate. Just way too many shows with boring teenagers and their relationship problems here to preach, teach, blather and drone endlessly to the viewer about ??????

It's just plain not interesting anymore at this rate as a medium or hobby

KyoAni has had literally 2 panty shots in their lifetime. Do you think they'll obey the laws of wind and physics just for your pettiness?

Newtype is just for shilling Aniplex, Kadokawa and Bandai stuff so of course it's going to reflect that in these. The only reason Your Name made it on here is it was just too big a hit for them to ignore and retain any level of credibility despite not being from any of the usual parties.

Actually no I don't think that's the right board there user but good try at memeing

That's old news, KnK is already being forgotten

If I go by this and take it seriously which I don't all I "learn" is Gundam is best to Newtype readers at the moment which hardly comes as a surprise given it's namesake.

A bowl of rice doesn't count.

Those 3 companies have been in bed for so long it's not surprising. They kind of rely on their little triumvirate to cross promote all their franchises and make the industry run in the first place. Hard to put too much stock into these rankings knowing the rampant conflict of interest Kadokawa has a publisher to favor franchises either it controls or that it's closest business partners do.

1 frame in Chuu2 and SoS Dan home movie

It looks pretty.

Also, I'm betting it's cheap as hell comparatively to animate compared to drawing the background as it goes through perspective changes.

Ruru doesn't wear pants

And I thank KyoAni for that.

>filters
Thought I was suppose to be watching anime, not browsing instagram.

>yamada storyboarded that episode
Interesting

>Hanekawa above Kiss-shot

Another piece of evidence of Japan's immeasurably shit taste to add to the pile.

niceme.me

>Hanekawa above Kiss-shot
Based Japan. Good taste.

>Pure art
SHAFT output is garbage. cheap elitism and usual moeshit.