So I'm not really into anime much...

So I'm not really into anime much, but I watched the first full metal alchemist show last year and am watching brotherhood now since my friend told me to.
I so far like the original anime better. Something seems off about this one, like they're trying to make everything go faster and focus only on fight scenes of something. We're past the lab 5 now so maybe it'll get better. I understand it's based more on the comic but does anyone else know what I'm talking about? Are there any other "animes" you'd recommend to someone like me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c6JP7SN5TR4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>animes

No. Fuck off.

Boku no Pico and Bible black are well known classics. I recommend you go in completely blind.

Yea I'm not a scrub or a newfag to Sup Forums. That joke has been around since '06.

HunterxHunter, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Samurai X.

I'll check out legend of galactic heroes, I love scifi. And Samurai X, that seems to come up with Kenshin is that correct? I remember seeing that sometimes after school on toonami years ago.

Try Glasslip, it's a modern masterpiece.

you should start with some classics like trigun or cowboy bepop, slayers just to name my favourites. Also full metal panic was a good one and a new session is coming out next year.

When you feel a bit more confident go watch evangelion

>Glasslip
Looks terrible.

You guys know this is bait. Right?

Big Order, a show which came out just this year, has a lot of similar themes as FMA:B and pulls them off nearly as well (if not better). Since you said you like sci-fi, Big Order can kind of be seen as a more sci-fi take on FMA.

It truly is one of the best anime in decades.

Yea I liked Cowboy Bebop. Slayers was something my best friend wanted me to watch. Evangelion I know is something I wouldn't like.

Tomodachi wa Mahou

No, I'm actually being serious. I actually wanted to know some other shows to watch.

Slayers is what got me into anime actually. I love it.
But got to be said it's not perfect.

>Evangelion I know is something I wouldn't like.
nice meme

I kinda meant from what my best friend has said to me. He thought it was great but he knew it's not my type of thing.
I could explain a bit more if you want but I'm sure you'll think I'm trolling.

Sure, I'll give that one a shot.

You keep mentioning your friend and your friend. If what he says matters so much why don't you go suck his dick and ask him?

To answer your other question, OP, they did speed through the part that was covered by the first anime to an unfortunately detrimental effect. You never quite end up empathizing with the characters as much.

Oh, he was always into anime and wasn't something I was into ever but he's kinda no longer with us.
And Full metal alchemist was one he always said I would like. So I watched it. Felt like something that was important to him was something that I should check out I guess. I suppose that doesn't really make sense.

Right, that's exactly what I meant. It feels like it had a greater focus on the fights and less on the humanity of the main characters. Hughes was much better in the 2003 anime. I was geniunely shocked when that part happened to him.
The ending of the 2003 one though was pretty dumb. That's probably the dumbest ending they could've come up with.

I liked the filler.

Like the Nina episode, which was felt much harder on the first one due to spending 3 episodes with her instead of 1, or Hughes's death.

Some of the filler was fantastic, (like the Ed vs Mustang fight), but it was still OC which drifted away from the original message from the manga, and should be considered an alterantive story with respectable qualities but a different message.

>Rec thread
>with serious replies

Why is this shit still up?

Try to bring your friend back to life. Then you can ask from him.

uhh I already watched the show buddy, I already know you can't bring back the dead, duhh.

Moribito Guardian of the Spirit

It's got a supernatural vibe but also grounded in psuedo-reality like FMA.

Okay, sounds good.

It's very underrated.

I think that if you tried the human transmutation on your friend the Truth would take away your mouth you wanted to use to ask him about anime. So that way you'd have to shut up about the recommendations and just watch anime.

stfu retard

No, you're the retard for making rec threads on Sup Forums. Fuck off to .

I actually want to thank everyone for the real recommendations. A lot of these look like things I was looking for.

youtube.com/watch?v=c6JP7SN5TR4 Also in case anyone hasn't seen it yet.

He's not wrong, Eva is legit mediocre.

few more for you op.. google these:

Rainbow
chinese electric batman the anime

and last but not least

Phantom of Inferno aka Requiem for Phantom

have a good one

>chinese electric batman the anime
Well I'm sold. I'll have to watch at least an episode of that based on that line alone.
That's not what I mean, I wouldn't know if that's true or not, but I am a normalfag.

the ride is on