STUDY: Men Are Now More Likely Than Women to “Marry Up”

>STUDY: Men Are Now More Likely Than Women to “Marry Up”

>It used to be that women were the ones who “married up”—snagging men who were more highly educated and professionally successful than they were, allowing them to step into a higher economic class. But now that women are outpacing men in college enrollment and driving growth in the labor force, there’s been a seesaw effect: According to a new study in the journal Demography, the tables have turned—men are now the ones who are more likely to “marry up.” (Kate Middleton’s entrée into the royal family notwithstanding.)

vogue.com/article/men-now-marry-up-university-of-kansas-study

Ironically, it's now in a man's best interest to be a feminist.

Also, as the CNN article on this story says:

>"the marriage market is becoming increasingly important for men's economic well being."

Going forward, if the average male wants to have a decent standard of living in the future, he's going to have to find a woman to marry and do whatever she wants to keep her happy and prevent divorce.

>vogue.com
>cnn
go back.

wow that guy has a very square and flat dick

>STUDY : Men Are Now More Likely Than Women to "Marry Roasties"

>more likely
Doesn't mean they will, they probably won't.
Many women rather stay single than marry down.

Just goes to show, men with a strong income can get just about any woman they want nowadays. Competition is a joke in this era of manbabies who prefer to be poor as long as they can play call of duty zombies.

That’s because alimony. Lmao. I love karma.

this must surely be true.
is like if we now will start to go
>so what are you working with hun?
ffs these fucking stupid ass kikes

Has more to do with the fact that men (especially the younger generation) are doing economically worse than women nowadays, I'd wager.

I prefer poverty over torture, but that's just me.

I give it 5 years till feminists start advocating for the roll back of divorce laws.

>strong income
From what job asshole? The only way to make strong income nowadays is through stocks and real estate

Men want Christian virgin brides on their wedding night.

Not 35 year old blown out whores with drinking problems.

I'm sure Humanities pay well. The man is still going to be the breadwinner most of the time.

notice they consider "marrying up" to be marrying someone with a higher education
not a higher income

It just says young women are out earning young men. This says nothing about who's marrying up.

Being married to a woman who earns more than you must be a nightmare, especially if you want kids. I'd prefer being poor with a wife than be the wife.

Makes sense

Literally every girl I dated this past year has been more educated, successful, and independent than me.

I blame 90s anime

It's not men marrying up, its women marrying down

well that invalidates the entire study then

shoulda stealthed a schlomo in there brucey

You don’t get it, men aren’t working because it no longer guarantees them a virgin wife and biological children. Monogamy was a social technology to convince betas to work hard. Now alphas don’t need to work at all to get pussy and betas can slave away there whole lives with nothing to show for it besides Chad’s sloppy seconds

>if the average male wants to have a decent standard of living in the future, he's going to have to find a woman to marry and do whatever she wants to keep her happy and prevent divorce.
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*breathes in*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
ohh, you stupid fuck, you dont know how the sexes work at all dont you?

>To further complicate things, women vying for a suitable male partner are doing so at a time when American men are already becoming less marriageable, as my colleague Drake Baer wrote about recently, in part because a wide-swath of male-dominated jobs like manufacturing are being automated.

Future is bleak for men who can't make it into STEM and refuse to go into the career fields where women are finding success, like nursing, because it's "too girly".

You're going to need a wife to make it.

Only a beta soyboy cuck wants a virgin wife, virgin.

Inexperienced wife is a guarantee that she won't be a ride or die chick, which is essential in the age of no fault divorce

Yeah, fuck that. Lets just take Women's rights away.

Yup. I’ve got my wife by her balls.

>needing a wife as a breadwinner
More like another reason to leave this country

When are we going to form male gangs and pillage,destroy and rape everything?

Hint: not white men.

Read the article and it's bullshit.

Basically women are becoming more 'educated' than men but it reality it's a nothing burger. 'Educated' includes liberal arts and liberal arts degrees are not very employable/leave women with tons of dept. Men however are ditching arts and going into STEM/Trades more, and trades though far more lucrative (and useful) than arts is ranked lower on the education totem pole.

So as for 'marring up' just because a female with a B.A in Sociology marries an Electrician doesn't mean she's the breadwinner.

>ohh, you stupid fuck, you dont know how the sexes work at all dont you?

Well, apparently, the sexes no longer work the way they used to. That's the whole point of the article. Gender roles are changing and if you're a man and you don't adapt, you're going to be at a serious economic disadvantage.

>he's going to have to find a woman to marry and do whatever she wants to keep her happy and prevent divorce.

Absofuckinglutely

Be a man, run the fucking household properly, and be a trophy husband.

Honestly its the best... can clean the whole house, make good food, have it ready for the Mrs as she walks in the door, giver some food/fuck, and then enjoy the rest of the day.

Women never appreciate how good they have/had it, at least men will appreciate it.

I can't imagine having a girlfriend or wife that earned more than me. I know two guys who are huge manchildren and I feel bad for their girlfriends sometimes.

"The marriage market is becoming increasingly important for men's economic well being." Only if getting married no longer means having kids, and having kids changes the dynamic of the relationship in a way that will result in either a parent staying home, or hiring a nanny. The former will create cucks if these men abandon their masculinity, and the later is going to result in a lot of mommy/daddy issues in the future.

Of course, maybe they'll stop having kids and this shitshow will end like the laws of nature predict it will.

You should try going to any city over 100k

>Gender roles are changing and if you're a man and you don't adapt
No they aren't, you'll see it in the future.

>Ironically, it's now in a man's best interest to be a feminist.
I respec wamen too much to be a rapist.

I don't believe that "professionally successful" part unless they define "successful" by social status rather than by earnings. I've read that on average, American trade schoolers earn more than average college graduates, but they will work in what is traditionally considered blue-collar job rather than as somebody like "manager" even if they're managing McDonalds and earning less than machinist or prospector.

Not an argument and refuted nothing that I said

I'm sure this has nothing to do with affirmative action and quotas and is surely based on merit and "education."

Enjoy your divorce from an inexperienced woman who doesn't know how to handle a relationship faggot

that beak

>statistics prove virgins divorce less often than roasties
>lol enjoy your divorce

I would rather marry a 30 year old women who makes 100k a year than some loser blonde 20 year old who still lives with her parents.

t. 22 year old bisexual white man here

someone post the jpg of the woman who left her husband of 30 years for some african nigger

Good luck with having kids user

>Competition is a joke in this era of manbabies

yea its pretty sweet. im probably like a 6 (if 5 is average) in true rating but because i wear a suit for work and the guys in my city dress like effeminate johnny depps or are wearing Spenser gift level graphic t's, i get treated like an 8.5. lets not upset the boat too much. some of us are benefiting.

Kikes make the worst posts.

LMAO holy shit lads

don't get married unless you are the one with the upper hand. Make sure you get your degrees and tech certificates.

>going for 20 years old
Get a fucking job

I know several women who are very type A that have beta male husbands with much lower paying jobs. The husbands sit in the basement, play video games and are basically old, fat teenagers. The women love taking care of them and being the breadwinner. The men have it made, since they are too "irresponsible" to pay bills, do chores or contribute.

>degrees
lol I'll be taking a 6 month break from (((college))) and I'm gonna try stocks during that time, don't need any more debt, leftism, and sjw bullshit

WHAT THE FUCK AM I READING? is the CIA now shilling us to not believe this data and pretend that sluts are better waifu material? dude this series of posts was so fucking non sequitur to my thinking that it has to be a fucking shill, they are telling Sup Forums to go against the data....
fuck it, im going to milk the cows....

i am marrying a 30 year old who makes 100k
and let me tell you. after spending my 20's dating drunks, dependents, and complete spazoids, being with someone kind, level headed, and able to take care of themselves is a fucking dream. plus instead of spending her 20's at the bar she was spending them at work making something of herself. just wait until the day you are with a chick you can bring to a party not have to worry about making a scene or has their own bank account. its fucking amazing.

Only by their outdated metrics.
Theoretically i ‘married up’, as my wife is uni educated and I left high school in year 10.
The reality is i earn nearly 40% more than her despite being ‘uneducated’, and there fore less than uni grads.

35+ are where the problems kinda start

>so fucking sensitive to the subject that the only word he addressed was degrees.
coulda have been a quarter mill into retirement if you had just gotten the tech cert. then again if you believe in retirement.

>I'm gonna try stocks during that time, don't need any more debt, leftism, and sjw bullshit

People really need to get away from this mentality.

Just push through the SJW bullshit and finish your degree that is profitable. Women are just flying through college, this is why they are getting the upper hand.

I gritted my teeth and got my business degree so I can compete with these psycho whores.

>Stocks

Don't bother, get into cryptocurrency instead. My brother made 300k off of it.

>tfw I work in a industry that is 99% men
ahahahahahahahaha faggots

>Going forward, if the average male wants to have a decent standard of living in the future, he's going to have to find a woman to marry and do whatever she wants to keep her happy and prevent divorce.

I prefer global fascist revolution, far easier to achieve than to keep a women happy.

>marrying for economic reasons instead of love

enjoy getting murdered in your sleep for a life insurance payment.

Bullshit. Come back in five years and see how all of them have divorced. Hypergamy is even stronger than desperation on the part of career women. Grills marry up, men marry down, it's genetic.

You're not a man user, you are a 22 year old woman with a dick

Uh huh, sure, I'll take the younger female anyday

I'm a former business major, I really want to get into aviation as that's been my goal as a child, I always wanted to be a pilot.

BWAHAHAHAH! that's what I am counting on.. ladies want to be "CAREER" women so much then I'll be happily be HOME-DAD and watch after house and kids :D :D :D :D :D DREAM JOB DREAM JOB DREAM JOB

Meanwhile wife goes on business trip to fuck BBC.

I said nothing about you taking anything nigger I just wanted to educate you a bit

That's how it is with two friends of mine. They're basically children but the girlfriends seem to put up with it and maybe even enjoy it.

This.
I'm 5'8 and average looking, terribly unfit.
But I'm no nu male, no soy boy, no Mgtow, don't live in a basement, and apparently it's enough to attract loads of women nowadays, since I don't have any trouble dating. Hell, girls themselves approach me and invite to their place to watch a movie, and seems they don't care about my income.

Tl;dr: sex market is a joke, you just need to be a man, real men are very few and far between.

dude you know male nurses make fucking bank to the point where its casuing problems in the field. there are hospitals where men are averaging 10k more a year than there female peers because they are in such desperate need.

Could you recommend some cryptocurrencies besides bitcoin?

Meaning women are marrying down?

>I'm a former business major, I really want to get into aviation as that's been my goal as a child, I always wanted to be a pilot.

How far away from finishing the business degree are you?

You should just get a business degree and an aviation licence. The business degree will help you in aviation as well.

I'm only harping on young men to grit their teeth through the SJW bullshit and get the degree because women are finishing their degrees at lightning speed. I know a lot of men who keep dropping out like 2/4ths or 3/4ths of the way through.

We gotta fight the fight lads. Even if we want to replace the system with something else some day, it's not going to help to give away our power in society.

>Marry up
>cheat on her
>divorce her
>get her car and house and half her paycheck

lmao owned feminists

Would you be a stay at home dad, Sup Forums?
If it meant you got to play catch with your biological sons and teach them to be weary of the jehudim?

I haven't been paying attention to the alt-coins lately, /biz/ actually is pretty good at predicting which coins are going to skyrocket.

I am holding Ethereum, ARK, OMG, and AdEx.

I would say maybe invest in AdEx while it is down at $1.00. It will probably go up to $3.00 or more in the next couple months.

Nothing more beta than being a stay-at-home dad.

It's against nature

>he's going to have to find a woman to marry and do whatever she wants to keep her happy and prevent divorce.

Wow, now you know how women have felt for hundreds of years!!

Those women took dick twice at the same time.
Dont fucking think different.

new study shows that it's over for white men!

t. Academia for the past decade

yo, keep it down son. I dont want more competition. Gotta keep the girls and the money to myself.

>You're not a man user, you are a 22 year old woman with a dick

how did you come to that conclusion? and when reading my post how did you get any impression i was in my early 20s?

EVERYONE wants a virgin wife. There's an entire religion centered around it.

That big balkan cock is dangerous

its a phone :D

exactly, be stay at home dad is every man's dream and if we can spend more time with kids and doing fun shit around the house while little lady out there struggling with meetings and other psycos... why the hell not?!?!? Ladies have no idea how good they had it before being forced to work like men do but now they will when it'll be the men who will file for divorce, take the kids and the house and alimony on top of that :D :D :D :D

>Ironically, it's now in a man's best interest to be a feminist.
male feminists don't get pussy so that's wrong

>more likely
Yeah...just because more girls have college degrees doesn't mean women will stop being hypergamous. It means that they will probably be even more hypergamy.

What's really going to happen is that all of these women will end up as cat ladies instead of marrying down.

my buddy does it. since his job is basically making 5 or 6 big sales a year it works for their family. he legit just takes his kid hiking pretty much everyday. it seems pretty fucking sweet

They don't dare mention, though they surely know that women's degrees in How To Blame White Men For Everything, and their minors in How To Lie About The Number Of Men You Had A Sexual Experience With, are not the equivalent of STEM. Nor are they the equivalent of Trade School.

Women have been marrying up for millenia. For the sake of equality we should encourage all men to quit their jobs and let the feminists and Democrats take care of us because they're just as capable right? Either it works and we get a new free and easy existence or it fails horribly and blows up in their face. Win win imo

Men are such fucking shallow gold diggers just chase the money they don’t care about love or family they just want the women with the biggest purse, not a shred of loyalty fucking dogs

I'm in the first semester of my second year, I lost all motivation due to depression. I also really hate the environment, it's become toxic for me especially since last year I had to deal with a harassment accusation and 4 visits from the cops. I'm, gonna take a 6 month break to rebuild and recover and go for an associates in pilot technologies (which includes pilot training) before moving on to aiming for bachelors again since American, Delta, and United all require 4 year degrees

Most animals have women do the hunting tbqh. Like lions. I know a woman can't protect my house but she can use her grrrrl power bullshit to bring home lots of dosh

That's the fate of the Post Millennial Generation. Our is the sit back smugly and watch everything burn just like Gramps predicted.

>marry up its in your interests goyim
>MARRY GOY MARRY!
>vogue
>ALSO READ MY SHIT BAIT!

kek

nice jewish double bluff

Can confirm, but this is only true if they aren’t religious.