Is RWBY allowed here? It's sort of anime pls dont ban me

Is RWBY allowed here? It's sort of anime pls dont ban me

Other urls found in this thread:

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/10/19-1/shirow-miwa-to-create-rwby-manga-adaptation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So we're using the /r/anime definition? Damn, oh well

We're running the reasonable definition, redditor.

it's getting a proper manga so it should be allowed soon

Over my dead body.

No. Fuck off.

RIP IN PEACE user

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/10/19-1/shirow-miwa-to-create-rwby-manga-adaptation

Isnt rwby getting serialized in shonen jump?

Yes, and it's not going to be allowed here unless someone decides to cut my throat.

lots of pixiv art currently guess its starting to become popular in nippon land

nip slip

Lol nope.
As far as I'm aware, Sup Forums has vehemently hated RWBY ever since the weaboos at RT had the gall to call their shitty CG abomination anime.

Anime is animation made in Japan, and RWBY is not made in Japan. Please fuck off.

And hamburgers are sandwiches made in Hamburg. How about you fuck off

"Anime is animation from Japan" is the textbook definition of what anime is. Nobody disputed this until RWBYfags came along wanting their show to be classified as an anime for some reason.

WEISS >> RUBY >>>>> BLAKE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> YANG

Here we go.

Please be someone I like

>pls dont ban me
Getting banned from here would be the best thing to happen to you.

>only like 9 girls out of this shit list

bring it nigga

Hot damn, time to let randomness get me a mate.

sure

The reddit board is here

Why am I replying to this

you're thinking of

>My waifu not on here.

I don't get it. She's pretty popular, though maybe not as much as she once was.

But it follows plenty of anime tropes. It has much more in common with anime than it does with other western cartoons, so discussing it on Sup Forums alongside Steven Universe and Spongebob seems out of place.

I feel like making an "objective standard" of anime really ignores how ideas and genres can change over time. Isn't it weird how "anime" is the only medium defined by location? Books, movies, and games are universal, but why is anime different?

read this faggot, the manga is from japan so discussing a japanese manga on a japanese manga discussion board is appropriate

By that logic then Avatar is anime too?
OP wanted to discuss the cartoon, though.

It wasn't made in Japan, so it's not anime. Korra isn't anime. Avatar isn't anime. RWBY is not anime.

All those options are terrible.

Haven't seen Avatar, so I don't know how many anime tropes it has

Anime is animation from Japan, what's so hard to grasp about this extremely simple concept? It's not a genre you moron.

It has nothing to do with "tropes", and saying so is a huge disservice to how diverse anime can be. There are plenty of anime that lack the tropes that RWBY has such as Monster, Kaiji, Technolyze etc.

RWBY can never be anime for the same reason a film made in india can never be a Hollywood movie.

The RWBY manga is manga because it's made in Japan by the Japanese. There's a CSI manga too but that doesn't make the TV show anime.

Give me my waifu

What the fuck are you on about? Tropes have nothing to do with it, Avatar is anime inspired but it's not a Japanese production.

Oooga Booga where da waifus at?

Is Steven Universe anime? It's apparently inspired by Utena.

Posting the word "trope" should result in an instant 3 day vacation

It has plenty of anime references, including a certain Junji Ito manga which I never thought would ever show up in a kids show. Hell there was an entire episode that was a huge Initial D homage.

It's not anime though, but at least it's creators actually know their shit about anime instead of RWBYs showrunners who think "cute girls + chuuni weapon fighting = anime".

The western concept of anime needing to be of Japanese production is so stupid. And the people who are militantly defending come in the droves.

Can a Korean or Chinese make an animation and still call it anime?

So you think Sup Forums and Sup Forums should be merged, then?

>Can a Korean or Chinese make an animation and still call it anime?
Of course not, especially if the people at the top are still Japanese.

roll

Anime is different because of weebs who are self-conscious and don't want their cartoons to be associated with the cartoons on cartoon network.

Not even the japs are stupid enough to call western cartoons anything other than anime.

RWBY isn't anime, get over it. Maybe one day there'll be an anime adaptation of it in the future but as it is it's not anime.

>Can a Korean or Chinese make an animation and still call it anime?
No they can't.

And before you bring up "But lots of """""anime""""" out source to korea!" just keep in mind that the money they're being given is still Japanese, and that they're just a small part of a Japanese production.

It us an American anime.

See? Everyone can be happy.

rolling hype

Bitch, I never said "genre", I said "medium". Again, books, movies, and games aren't separated by where they came from, so why is animation different? The "anime is Japan only" definition is completely fucking arbitrary, and prevents any discussion on how Japanese animation influences other countries.

Honestly, "anime" itself doesn't even make sense. Why aren't Sup Forums and Sup Forums merged into one board, if the only difference between the two is where the show comes from (and by that, I mean Japan vs. the rest of the entire world)?

Ladybug and Cat Noir is French, but its still just called a cartoon; it doesn't get a special name just because it's from a different country. Why does anime get special treatment?

>wanting Sup Forums and Sup Forums to be merged

sage desu

>cute girls + chuuni weapon fighting = anime
It isn't?

rollen

Sup Forums has slowly turned into a cancerous mixture of r_anime and ANN, so I imagine this thread will stay up and the faggot mods won't ban OP. Pic unrelated

most of Sup Forums don't report shit. they just shitpost

his india example proves you wrong, if there were a board for bollywood discussion (eg. movies that get a special name because they're from a different country) then western or japanese movies wouldn't be allowed

Anime gets special treatment because it's by far one of the largest animation sectors in the world and it has its own unique market in Japan, and 90% of anime is made for a Japanese market. It has its own conventions and appeal that never really get replicated, even with shows like Avatar and RWBY modelling themselves in their image.

A big part of it is also tied to how anime was marketed in the past, where thanks to Akira suddenly "Animation from Japan" was put on the spotlight for everyone, since anime wasn't like anything else at the time.

>The "anime is Japan only" definition is completely fucking arbitrary, and prevents any discussion on how Japanese animation influences other countries.

Fucking how? In sakuga threads there's actually quite a decent amount of discussion about how *x* anime influenced something in a western cartoon or film. They're not the focus of these threads but they come up now and then.

"Anime is animation from Japan" has been the accepted definition of anime for years, even Avatar fans didn't try to convince others that their show was anime. This whole retarded debate only started when RWBY fans wanted to be considered anime for some reason.

I'm sorry that you can't handle having your waifus next to Spongebob Squarepants

GIVE ME FUCKING ANNA!!

>>Sup Forums
>>/reddit/
>>/anywherebuthere/

I like SpongeBob too but western cartoons != anime no matter what RWBYfags say.

>off by 27

The sponge is gay as fuck. Why would I need to be worring about my waifu being next to him?

Also I just want to add that films ARE separated into different categories based on their country of orgin:
>Italian Neo-realism
>French new wave
>Bollywood
>J-Horror

Just to name a few.

w-wew

LETS GO

>leaning on a definition created by angry 14 year olds.

Hey fuck you buddy

Why is size such an important factor?Bollywood is a huge industry, but their movies are still called movies. But when you call someone's favorite anime "a cartoon", they get triggered for some reason.

Also, desu, I was just going by reddit culture. In /r/anime, merely saying the word "RWBY" would get your comment deleted. I thought the rules were more lax here, but I got banned from /vp/ for asking about female Poketubers, so I'm worried that the mods might be stricter than I thought they were. If they're not, then sorry for all the fuss.

>baby can side with the majority.

But those are just genres. In the end, they'd still be considered movies. Anime, however, seems to have a much larger distinction from western cartoons. How many people do you know that would call Monster Musume a cartoon?

Animation is animation, and I don't really care of anime are referred to as "cartoons". But the phrase "anime" is referring to a specific brand of animation that's produced in Japan, and no matter what RWBY will never fit into that category unless if Madhouse decide to do their own adaptation or something.

What's with the mental gymnastics though? There has been nothing wrong with how anime was defined and the only people who want RWBY to be an "anime" are retarded kids who think that calling it a cartoon is somehow a disservice.

If an anime adaption is produced by a Japanese animation studio, is it considered anime or cartoon or both?

Anime adaptation of western media, it has happened a few times before (Take Power Puff Girls Z for example).

So only the anime adaption is allowed to be discussed on Sup Forums or is it transitive for the original?

Because if RWBY isn't considered an anime, it can't be discussed on an anime board, even though the show was basically designed for weaboos.

i doubt it would change things. RWBY has a manga and that didn't change things.

You could discuss both, but the thread created should focus on how the adaptation treats the source material. There's an anime adaptation based on the Count of Monte De Cristo, but you can't create threads on Sup Forums about the book.

You CAN however discuss the book in how it related to the anime adaptation.

Nico get

It's not anime; it's BETTER than anime

When you realise this type of anime elitism doesn't exist in Japan.

gimme something good.

>only about 20 girls worth getting
Eh fuck it. Worst case I can still sell them as organs

Kirino get.

Succubutt. Yeah alright.

there's x-men anime but anything not from the anime should be on Sup Forums or Sup Forums if it's from comics or movies respectively

bump

Get your own goddamn thread

still rolling tho

roll

>Implying the sponge isn't chad thundercock tier

Roll

So who's Chitanda? I like her face, but how's her personality?

Nice air tubes.

The wheel of fate is turning!