Goes to battle without any sort of special equipment or strategy

>goes to battle without any sort of special equipment or strategy
>falls into every trap
>loses half of the time and is only saved by luck or thanks to his hand parasite
>talks as little as possible
>still ends up killing the bad guy simply because he's always more powerful than his enemy
>gets all the girls

Is there a more inane MC than this?

There is a certain captain who is widely known for his irresponsibility.

Shepard?

Not quite.

I will always be salty, that the novels were never fully adapted nor translated.

Tyler's not insipid. He could do a thing and it would be possible to care how or why.

I always thought that he is the death seeker. Hence suicidal tactics.

That makes a certain sense, but in the end he keeps getting enraged and killing everyone in his way.

That's because he is simply that strong.
But he obviously doesn't give a fuck about his safety. He charges Leeroy Jenkins style and cuts everyone to pieces until they stop moving.
And he obviously isn't hot-blooded idiot type.

He doesn't really get the girls.

He kinda cucks himself because the author insists D remains a permavirgin and no one understands my pain and immortality.

Don't know why this shit got popular in the first place.

The protagonist barely speaks and you can't really cheer or get mad at the protagonist because he is written to be indifferent so the reader also feels indifferent.

And the setting conspires to make even him less compelling than the usual invincible stoic in a trenchcoat since the vampires tend to be thousands of years older, their aristocracy straight up died of boredom, and they're still more engaged than he is.

Agree.
The worldbuilding is great, though. I'd love to see more of the inhabitants and stories in that world instead of Vampire Hunter Dickface.

Wrex?

Fuck your ass. Tylor is great.

D is a force of nature; a plot device. You are supposed to care for the other characters in his stories.

D is a plot device, he's not even that important in the novels except one or two of them, he mostly exists as a mean of building a world around him. He's a Gary Stu without being a Gary Stu.
>Don't know why this shit got popular in the first place.
Because it has a nice world and D was one of the first characters who broke the mold and created the whole archetype of bullshit strong heroes with conceptual and reality bending powers, without it you wouldn't have shit like Fate, Medaka Box or Gurren Lagann, whether this is good or bad I'll leave it up to you to decide.

>Medaka Box
Funnily enough, I liked it more before she was an actual force of nature and instead it was about the shenanigans of a perfect girl in an unperfect world.

He is basically Golgo 13 but he actually gets women.

>Golgo13
>acting without a plan
>risking his life

Golgo doesn't go full retard like D though, but yeah, they're more or less similar characters.

>he's not even that important in the novels
He's the main focus on the manga, anime and videogame, though.

But he is also a plot device.

His love life problems aside, Meier was pretty decent. Or at least showed not all vampires are dicks.

Much like slayers

I liked Meier, too. I thought he was well written and I even felt sorry for the guy by the end of the film.

Yeah, he felt like a bit of fresh air after all the bad baddies.
Really underwhelming last battle, though.